NYJetsFan.com Forums: Postal Service Had $740 Million Third-Quarter Loss - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Fire the admins!
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Over paid talents
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) i get paid too much yo
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Hill was signed to the Panthers practice squad, lol @ 115
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Postal Service Had $740 Million Third-Quarter Loss

#21 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 August 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

This is not true. I am not sure what liberal media source came up with that for political reasons but here is the link to the USPS site

Liberal media. :hysterical: When in doubt play the "liberal media" card right? Where did I get my sources from? The Washington Post, PBS, and the New York Times to name a few. All reputable news outlets. And of course straight from the horses mouth (the USPS) itself.

Yes you are correct. Every company could show larger profits if they did not pay benefits.

Yep that's why employers shouldn't be providing health care benefits to their employees. That's one cost they could eliminate if we had a public single-payer system.

Again what would you like to see happen? Them not get their benefits? Tax payers pick up the bill?

I would like to see a system where I pay a little more and you pay a little more. And the guy down the street pays a little more and the woman three states away pays a little more, all to fund a single-payer health care system to pay for "Steve's" health care. Then in return "Steve" would like us, pay a little more in taxes to pay for your health care, and my health care and every other American's health care. That's what I'd like to see happen. You know like people already do in many other industrialized nations on the earth. Yeah I'd be willing to pay more to make sure "Steve" was healthy and productive. Because the a healthy and productive "Steve" is a tax paying "Steve." Just like me.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#22 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

I never said you were naive. I said you don't understand finance well enough to understand the depth of what you are reading. It is mathematically impossible for what you believe to be true. Accept it or don't. Doesn't matter to me. Pre funding a benefit is the only way to ensure a pension or any retirement will be there. What the post office was doing was stupid and wreck less. It was corrected before hundreds of thousands of people were screwed. Give credit where it is due. The Reps got one right.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 August 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I never said you were naive. I said you don't understand finance well enough to understand the depth of what you are reading. It is mathematically impossible for what you believe to be true. Accept it or don't. Doesn't matter to me. Pre funding a benefit is the only way to ensure a pension or any retirement will be there. What the post office was doing was stupid and wreck less. It was corrected before hundreds of thousands of people were screwed. Give credit where it is due. The Reps got one right.

View Postazjetfan, on 17 October 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Its funny how he will argue his nonfactual info VS factual info. In other threads I have said he lacks the life experience to have a full understanding. Once he develops some net wealth his opinions will shift. Although he will probably always be a Lib.

View Postazjetfan, on 18 October 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Do you think anyone on here cares that you are poor. Thats why you support all the handouts and want people like me to pay for your lazy ass. If I had to say I would say you are in the red $7000.00.

View Postazjetfan, on 19 October 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

Time to put up or shut up. Give me your E-mail. You know its true. Its OK most people in your demographic are in the same boat.

You're right you never said I was naive, you said I lacked life experience. I couldn't remember exactly how you phrased it. My apologies.

If pre-funding retirement benefits 5.5 billion dollars a year in a 10 year span (which is what those "Reps that got one right" did in 2006) was such a great thing to do, why don't other organizations do it too? Again I ask what company can afford to pay out 5.5 billion a year to pre-fund retirement benefits every year over a 10 span and make a profit every year? Could your job pay 5.5 BILLION annually to pre-fund retirement benefits for 10 years straight? And if pre-funding that much money every year is such a great idea, why do most other companies and organizations opt to use the pay as you go route? If pre-funding retirement benefits billions of dollars in advance was such a great idea, I'd think more companies would do it. Those Republicans (and some Democrats) in 2006 knew the USPS couldn't afford to pay out 5.5 billion annually to pre-fund retirement benefits. The USPS had been making a profit, but not one large enough to be able to afford that.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#24 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 August 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

You're right you never said I was naive, you said I lacked life experience. I couldn't remember exactly how you phrased it. My apologies.

Do you not know the difference? Thanks for proving my point. If you dont learn something new everyday I feel for you.

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 August 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

If pre-funding retirement benefits 5.5 billion dollars a year in a 10 year span (which is what those "Reps that got one right" did in 2006) was such a great thing to do, why don't other organizations do it too? Again I ask what company can afford to pay out 5.5 billion a year to pre-fund retirement benefits every year over a 10 span and make a profit every year? Could your job pay 5.5 BILLION annually to pre-fund retirement benefits for 10 years straight? And if pre-funding that much money every year is such a great idea, why do most other companies and organizations opt to use the pay as you go route? If pre-funding retirement benefits billions of dollars in advance was such a great idea, I'd think more companies would do it. Those Republicans (and some Democrats) in 2006 knew the USPS couldn't afford to pay out 5.5 billion annually to pre-fund retirement benefits. The USPS had been making a profit, but not one large enough to be able to afford that.

They do not need to because they have been paying current the entire time. The USPS was behind the 8 ball from day one. Now they have to catch up. A 5.5 billion game of catch up. If they used sound financial plans to begin with this would not be an issue. Again what do you think should happen? What would your plan be to get them caught up? How would you guarantee there income post retirement would be their? If you have a better plan lets hear it.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Time to put up or shut up. Give me your E-mail. You know its true. Its OK most people in your demographic are in the same boat.

I also am still willing to do your work up. Send me your email. In our next training sessions I will have the lending team do your projection. Prove me wrong.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 August 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Do you not know the difference? Thanks for proving my point. If you dont learn something new everyday I feel for you.

I was being sarcastic. Someone being naive and someone lacking life experience means the same thing.

na·ive
adjective \nä-ˈēv, nī-\
na·iv·erna·iv·est
Definition of NAIVE
: marked by unaffected simplicity : artless, ingenuous
a : deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment; especially : credulous
b : not previously subjected to experimentation or a particular experimental situation <made the test with naive rats>; also : not having previously used a particular drug (as marijuana)
c : not having been exposed previously to an antigen <naive T cells>
a : self-taught, primitive
b : produced by or as if by a self-taught artist <naive murals>
— na·ive·ly or na·ïve·ly adverb
— na·ive·ness noun

Variants of NAIVE
na·ive or na·ïve
Examples of NAIVE

a naive belief that all people are good
a naive view of the world
She asked a lot of naive questions.
I was young and naive at the time, and I didn't think anything bad could happen to me.
The plan seems a little naive.
If you're naive enough to believe him, you'll believe anyone.
Secularism requires a commitment to civil liberty, which rests partly on respect for civil disobedience—peaceful acts of conscience that challenge rules of law. If civil libertarianism is naïve, then so is the hope of secular government. —Wendy Kaminer, Free Inquiry, December 2008/January 2009

Origin of NAIVE
French naïve, feminine of naïf, from Old French, inborn, natural, from Latin nativus native
First Known Use: 1654
Related to NAIVE

Synonyms
aw-shucks, dewy, dewy-eyed, green, ingenuous, innocent, naïf (or naif), primitive, simple, simpleminded, uncritical, unknowing, unsophisticated, unsuspecting, unsuspicious, unwary, unworldly, wide-eyed

Antonyms
cosmopolitan, experienced, knowing, sophisticated, worldly, worldly-wise

Related Words
callow, childish, immature, inexperienced, raw; childlike, idealistic, impractical, unrealistic; believing, credulous, gullible (also gullable), susceptible, trustful, trusting, unguarded; beguiled, duped, gulled, tricked; careless, heedless, thoughtless

But I bet Webster's Dictionary and I are probably wrong, they don't mean the same thing. As I said long ago just because you have a few years on me doesn't mean you know more. And I don't have to show you proof of my academic achievements or my net wealth to show that I know how congress works and why polititions...excuse me politicians, do the things they do. Anyway it doesn't matter what proof I show you anyway, because then you will just say it's from the "liberal media" and the media shouldn't be trusted because they are just out to make money. Like you have said before.

They do not need to because they have been paying current the entire time. The USPS was behind the 8 ball from day one. Now they have to catch up. A 5.5 billion game of catch up. If they used sound financial plans to begin with this would not be an issue.

:hysterical:/> But yet the Office of Personnel Management says the USPS has over funded their pensions by 13 billion dollars.

Again what do you think should happen? What would your plan be to get them caught up? How would you guarantee there income post retirement would be their? If you have a better plan lets hear it.

Read it again.

I would like to see a system where I pay a little more and you pay a little more. And the guy down the street pays a little more and the woman three states away pays a little more, all to fund a single-payer health care system to pay for "Steve's" health care. Then in return "Steve" would like us, pay a little more in taxes to pay for your health care, and my health care and every other American's health care. That's what I'd like to see happen. You know like people already do in many other industrialized nations on the earth. Yeah I'd be willing to pay more to make sure "Steve" was healthy and productive. Because the a healthy and productive "Steve" is a tax paying "Steve." Just like me.

New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#27 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 13 August 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic. Someone being naive and someone lacking life experience means the same thing.

na·ive
adjective \nä-ˈēv, nī-\
na·iv·erna·iv·est
Definition of NAIVE
: marked by unaffected simplicity : artless, ingenuous
b : not previously subjected to experimentation or a particular experimental situation <made the test with naive rats>; also : not having previously used a particular drug (as marijuana)
c : not having been exposed previously to an antigen <naive T cells>
a : self-taught, primitive
b : produced by or as if by a self-taught artist <naive murals>
— na·ive·ly or na·ïve·ly adverb
— na·ive·ness noun

Variants of NAIVE
na·ive or na·ïve
Examples of NAIVE

a naive belief that all people are good
a naive view of the world
She asked a lot of naive questions.
I was young and naive at the time, and I didn't think anything bad could happen to me.
The plan seems a little naive.
If you're naive enough to believe him, you'll believe anyone.
Secularism requires a commitment to civil liberty, which rests partly on respect for civil disobedience—peaceful acts of conscience that challenge rules of law. If civil libertarianism is naïve, then so is the hope of secular government. —Wendy Kaminer, Free Inquiry, December 2008/January 2009

Origin of NAIVE
French naïve, feminine of naïf, from Old French, inborn, natural, from Latin nativus native
First Known Use: 1654
Related to NAIVE

Synonyms
aw-shucks, dewy, dewy-eyed, green, ingenuous, innocent, naïf (or naif), primitive, simple, simpleminded, uncritical, unknowing, unsophisticated, unsuspecting, unsuspicious, unwary, unworldly, wide-eyed

Antonyms
cosmopolitan, experienced, knowing, sophisticated, worldly, worldly-wise

Related Words
callow, childish, immature, inexperienced, raw; childlike, idealistic, impractical, unrealistic; believing, credulous, gullible (also gullable), susceptible, trustful, trusting, unguarded; beguiled, duped, gulled, tricked; careless, heedless, thoughtless

But I bet Webster's Dictionary and I are probably wrong, they don't mean the same thing. As I said long ago just because you have a few years on me doesn't mean you know more. And I don't have to show you proof of my academic achievements or my net wealth to show that I know how congress works and why polititions...excuse me politicians, do the things they do. Anyway it doesn't matter what proof I show you anyway, because then you will just say it's from the "liberal media" and the media shouldn't be trusted because they are just out to make money. Like you have said before.

:hysterical:/>/>/> But yet the Office of Personnel Management says the USPS has over funded their pensions by 13 billion dollars.

Read it again.

It does not mean the same thing. Naive means some has a complete lack of understanding. Read your own copy and paste. I

I don't believe that to be true of you. I do however think you have a lack of understanding of financial matters. This thread pretty much proved it.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Let me be more specific. What should be done to provide These retirees there pension. Forget health insurance for now. Do you think these people should be out there retirement because the company they worked for sucked at managing money?
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

So after reading all this... its clear what the answer is.

we must disband the tsa
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#30 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 August 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

It does not mean the same thing. Naive means some has a complete lack of understanding. Read your own copy and paste.

It does mean the same thing.

Oxford:

naive
Syllabification: (na·ive)
Pronunciation: /nīˈēv/
(also naïve)

adjective
(of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment:the rather naive young man had been totally misled
(of a person) natural and unaffected; innocent:Andy had a sweet, naive look when he smiled
of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child’s work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

"Lack of experience"

Again your own words:

View Postazjetfan, on 17 October 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Its funny how he will argue his nonfactual info VS factual info. In other threads I have said he lacks the life experience to have a full understanding. Once he develops some net wealth his opinions will shift. Although he will probably always be a Lib.

Now continue to tell me how "naive" and "lack of experience" don't mean the same thing. Because two of the world's most respected English dictionaries (Webster's & Oxford) disagree with you. Someone who lacks understanding would be considered ignorant. But this is a ridiculous argument because in reality all these things basically mean the same thing.

Let me be more specific. What should be done to provide These retirees there pension. Forget health insurance for now. Do you think these people should be out there retirement because the company they worked for sucked at managing money?

As I've said their pensions are not the problem. If fact when it comes to their pensions the problem isn't that they're not being funded. The problem is they are overfunded.

Posted at 05:41 PM ET, 06/25/2012
Postal Service federal pension contributions 105 percent overfunded
By Timothy R. Smith

The U.S. Postal Service has overfunded its federal pension obligations by nearly 105 percent, or $13.1 billion, for the federal fiscal year ending Sept. 30, 2011, according to a report issued last week by the agency’s inspector general.

The inspector general suggested reverting the surplus money to the Postal Service. But the Office of Personnel Management is not permitted to return surplus contributions to federal agencies. That would require an act of Congress.

“We believe allowing the Postal Service to use its current and future surplus funds will provide significant financial relief and dramatically improve cash flow,” the inspector general noted.

The Postal Service, which lost $3.2 billion in the quarter that ended March 31, could use the money. The agency has lost $17 billion in the past three years, according to the inspector general report.

To alleviate the financial impact, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe has proposed several controversial measures that have stoked the ire of letter carriers and legislators alike. He has proposed eliminating Saturday delivery, consolidating or closing mail-processing plants and reducing the hours of thousands of employees at rural post offices. In May, the Postal Service offered early retirement buyouts to nearly 45,000 mail handlers.

And the billions in overfunding would help the Postal Service’s bottom line considerably.

“The pension overfunding we absolutely think should be returned to the Postal Service to help them get out of the hole that they’re in and get some stability,” said Sally Davidow, communications director for the American Postal Workers Union.

A provision in the 2012 postal reform act that passed the Senate and is currently in the House would return the projected $11.4 billion surplus that the agency contributed to the Federal Employee Retirement System. That bill also proposes returning all future surpluses to the agency.

A separate postal reform bill introduced in the House would have postal workers make the same retirement contributions as other federal employees and would return a $10 billion 2010 FERS surplus within two weeks after passage. Both bills are pending House approval.

Further hurting the Postal Service’s finances, according to the inspector general’s report, is a 2006 postal reform act that requires the agency to prefund the health plans of future retirees through 2016. Prefunding is sucking more than $5 billion a year off the Postal Service’s ledger books.

The inspector general proposed allowing the Postal Service to draw off its extensive property holdings, assessed at $85 billion, as collateral to address any retirement and health obligations if unexpected problems were to arise.

“The $85 billion would sufficiently cover the remaining unfunded retiree health-care benefit obligation of $46 billion,” the report said.

Joseph Corbett, the Postal Service’s chief financial officer, in comments included in the report, said he hopes to have the surplus pension issues resolved by the end of the year.

Getting some of that money back that they've overpaid would help the USPS. As I've said before some members of congress (Senator Bernie Sanders and Congressman Peter DeFazio) have proposed legislation that will give the USPS the chance to do new things to create more revenue. Again things like letting people go to the post office to renew hunting and fishing licenses. Renew car registration and driver licenses. Let the post office open public internet access centers. Let people go there to cash their checks. Let the post office lease its space out to other businesses. Let them sell snacks and soft drinks at the counter like they currently sell stamps and shipping boxes. Let them sell gift cards (that would really bring in money during the holiday season when the USPS is very busy).

The USPS could do all those things, it just takes congress to act and I'm sure President Obama would sign a bill like the Sanders/DeFazio bill into law. That's my solution. Give the USPS back some of the billions they've overpaid into the pensions and let them try to do some other things to create new ways to make money like the Sanders/DeFazio bill would do.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#31 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 13 August 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

It does mean the same thing.

Oxford:

"Lack of experience"

Again your own words:

Now continue to tell me how "naive" and "lack of experience" don't mean the same thing. Because two of the world's most respected English dictionaries (Webster's & Oxford) disagree with you. Someone who lacks understanding would be considered ignorant. But this is a ridiculous argument because in reality all these things basically mean the same thing.

As I've said their pensions are not the problem. If fact when it comes to their pensions the problem isn't that they're not being funded. The problem is they are overfunded.

Getting some of that money back that they've overpaid would help the USPS. As I've said before some members of congress (Senator Bernie Sanders and Congressman Peter DeFazio) have proposed legislation that will give the USPS the chance to do new things to create more revenue. Again things like letting people go to the post office to renew hunting and fishing licenses. Renew car registration and driver licenses. Let the post office open public internet access centers. Let people go there to cash their checks. Let the post office lease its space out to other businesses. Let them sell snacks and soft drinks at the counter like they currently sell stamps and shipping boxes. Let them sell gift cards (that would really bring in money during the holiday season when the USPS is very busy).

The USPS could do all those things, it just takes congress to act and I'm sure President Obama would sign a bill like the Sanders/DeFazio bill into law. That's my solution. Give the USPS back some of the billions they've overpaid into the pensions and let them try to do some other things to create new ways to make money like the Sanders/DeFazio bill would do.

Wow. You dont even know how to use a dictionary. I also like how you left out the word totally

of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment:the rather naive young man had been totally misled

Again I don't think you are totally mislead. You are just financially illiterate. Most liberals are. Its why they are liberals. They cant understand the whole financial picture. This is why you get things like "Tax the rich" and "fair share" and "companies dont pay taxes". Of course there are some exceptions but for the most part when you press these same people for specifics of what they mean they can't deliver or they copy and paste a bunch of articles.

On the other hand most Conservatives have little compasion for fellow humans. It is a differentproblem. Thisis why there is a clash.

Your over funded article has one major flaw. What are they comparing to say over funded? Also this article is over a year old. I could say my retirement is over funded if I use a figure that supports that notion. As of right now the USPS does not have enough money in their pension (ESOP)or whatever to cover all the current retirees and Current employees have earned that benefit. With the USPS going down the drain regardless of pension payments these funds need to be kept away from the USPS and in a trust or similar device . The USPS may not exist in the same capacity in the near future causing it to not have the income to pay for these people otherwise.
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 14 August 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Wow. You dont even know how to use a dictionary. I also like how you left out the word totally

You just don't know how to read. That's all it is. Not only do I know how to use a dictionary, I also know how to use an apostrophe.

Again I don't think you are totally mislead. You are just financially illiterate. Most liberals are. Its why they are liberals. They cant understand the whole financial picture. This is why you get things like "Tax the rich" and "fair share" and "companies dont pay taxes". Of course there are some exceptions but for the most part when you press these same people for specifics of what they mean they can't deliver or they copy and paste a bunch of articles.

I don't care what you think you know, but you are not more financially literate than Elizabeth Warren or Paul Krugman. Both of them are liberals. Conservatives have not balanced the federal budget even once in our lifetimes. The patron saint of modern day conservatism (Ronald Reagan) tripled the federal deficit during his eight years. George W. Bush and his conservative Republican congress thought is was a good idea to pay for two wars and not pay for cut taxes twice. Which created more deficit spending. In fact the last time the federal budget was balanced before Clinton it was done by the LIBERAL Lyndon Johnson and a Democratic controlled congress. Back to the original topic the USPS was making surpluses in the mid-2000s. And their pensions have been over funded since 1992. Now I could copy and paste proof of that. But of course being a conservative, you'd pull out that old and tired "liberal media" card to try to discredit it. I've shown you proof, I'm sorry if you don't agree with it but facts are facts. The USPS was making profits before that 2006 law. They've OVERfunded their retirement programs. And there are bills in congress that would enable the USPS to make new revenue. But you should be the last person criticizing people for copy and pasting articles.

On the other hand most Conservatives have little compasion for fellow humans. It is a differentproblem. Thisis why there is a clash.

I also know how to use the space bar. Anyway I think most people are compassionate. Some conservatives have compassion during tragedies and natural disasters. But that compassion doesn't often enough lead to bold action and personal sacrifice. Conservatives for the most part are just self-centered and focus more now on closing doors behind them to make it more difficult for others to walk through them.

Your over funded article has one major flaw. What are they comparing to say over funded? Also this article is over a year old.

Get out of here with that over a year old article excuse. That Josh Barro article YOU posted here is over a year old also. But you thought that was still relevant enough for you to post here in 2013.

I could say my retirement is over funded if I use a figure that supports that notion. As of right now the USPS does not have enough money in their pension (ESOP)or whatever to cover all the current retirees and Current employees have earned that benefit. With the USPS going down the drain regardless of pension payments these funds need to be kept away from the USPS and in a trust or similar device . The USPS may not exist in the same capacity in the near future causing it to not have the income to pay for these people otherwise.

You have shown you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this topic. From the Postmaster General's own statement at the end of the USPS last fiscal year:

"Postal Service retirees and employees will also continue to receive their health benefits. The health care for current retirees is paid from the Postal Service’s general operating budget and is not affected by the Postal Service’s inability to make the accelerated payments mandated by Congress as part of a 2006 law."

http://about.usps.co...0rhbpayment.htm

The Federal Employee Retirement System has a surplus and the USPS has said because of that surplus CURRENT retirees are not effected. Current USPS retirees are getting their benefits that they've earned. Some people are trying to free the USPS to create new revenue. The only road block is the Republican controlled House of Representatives. But nobody wants to talk about that, especially not conservatives. Because that might mean the USPS would make profits again and then that would hurt the conservative's talking points about the big bad federal government.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#33 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 14 August 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

You just don't know how to read. That's all it is. Not only do I know how to use a dictionary, I also know how to use an apostrophe.

I don't care what you think you know, but you are not more financially literate than Elizabeth Warren or Paul Krugman. Both of them are liberals.

If you read what I wrote I said there are exceptions. I would also assume their opinion is not that they disagree with how money works but they feel human rights out weigh money. I assume they feel the consequenses of what they want are worth the loss.

The USPS was making profits before that 2006 law.

1)They probably were. But why is the question. They were using current income to pay for current retirees. There is a huge problem with this. They will have more retirees than workers very soon if not already.They will not be able to pay for all these retirees. They are being forced to secure funds now so the current workers will get their pensions. This is pretty simple.

2) They were doing more business. This decline is why they are in trouble. Less net money coming in yet they still have all these retirees to pay.

I am sure we can go on and on but these are pretty much factual.

They've OVERfunded their retirement programs. And there are bills in congress that would enable the USPS to make new revenue.

By what number? this is what I have been trying to say. What figures are they using? Again ?+?= 56Billion. How can you say thay without knowing the ?? Pensions, 401Ks, ESOPS and just about all finacially sound retirement devices are funded live. Not post work. Social Security is one of the few retirement funds that can be completed this way. We can be pretty sure more people will be in the US than there are now.

I also know how to use the space bar.

Its my Ipad. It sucks. If I try to edit anything it types over what is there instead of pushing it forward. Should have bought the Galaxy pad.

Anyway I think most people are compassionate. Some conservatives have compassion during tragedies and natural disasters. But that compassion doesn't often enough lead to bold action and personal sacrifice. Conservatives for the most part are just self-centered and focus more now on closing doors behind them to make it more difficult for others to walk through them.

I sure there are some people like that but I would say that is the minority. Most conservatives are after protecting what they have earned. I guess you could say self centered but really it is more self responsible or maybe self reliant. They dont believe in asking for help.

You have shown you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this topic. From the Postmaster General's own statement at the end of the USPS last fiscal year:

"Postal Service retirees and employees will also continue to receive their health benefits. The health care for current retirees is paid from the Postal Service’s general operating budget and is not affected by the Postal Service’s inability to make the accelerated payments mandated by Congress as part of a 2006 law."

I am not sure why you keep talking about health care. I am talking about the funding of pensions. Do you know the difference?

The Federal Employee Retirement System has a surplus and the USPS has said because of that surplus CURRENT retirees are not effected. Current USPS retirees are getting their benefits that they've earned. Some people are trying to free the USPS to create new revenue. The only road block is the Republican controlled House of Representatives. But nobody wants to talk about that, especially not conservatives. Because that might mean the USPS would make profits again and then that would hurt the conservative's talking points about the big bad federal government.

Your not understanding what I am saying. You cant seem to grasp this and its clear I cant explain it to you.

CURRENT retirees are not effected

Do you not understand the funds they are recieving are not the same dollars they paid in. The dollars they paid in went to people who are dead. think timeline here.

Forget the USPS and lets talk just simple business
lets say you have 100 people recieving retirement funds in 1950 with 200 people working. 1/2 is what we will use for our retirement to worker ratio to be in the black. This would work because you have enough people working. Now lets say there are 400 people working in 1970 and 150 retirees. you are still at a good ratio of 37.5% and business is growing so you are fine. What happens when this company declines and cuts staff? Now in 1990 you have 250 people working but you still have to pay those 300 peoples retirements. Now instead of being at a 50% ratio you are at %120 ratio (in the red). Since this company did not prefund, these 300 retirees that worked for others will have either reduced or no retiement income or the 250 current workers will have reduced income and benefits. Possibly all the above.

My question to you is.... How is this company going to pay the 300 workers with no income.

Lets say a business has a budget of (keeping is simple)
45% Labor
10% new capital
25% loans/ debts
20% profit

Where do you take the money from? We cant take it from labor, capital or debts. The only place is profit. One huge problem. the comapany is sinking. In 1970 they had a 166% surplus according to how they calculate.

So right now the USPS may be able to claim they are overfunded but with the decline of the USPS gross income (reguardless of the government mandate) they need to be ahead by the current retiress and employees to be finacially sound. This is where the problem is.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 16 August 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

1)They probably were. But why is the question. They were using current income to pay for current retirees. There is a huge problem with this. They will have more retirees than workers very soon if not already.They will not be able to pay for all these retirees. They are being forced to secure funds now so the current workers will get their pensions. This is pretty simple.

2) They were doing more business. This decline is why they are in trouble. Less net money coming in yet they still have all these retirees to pay.

I am sure we can go on and on but these are pretty much factual.

1)They are still using the current income to pay current retirees. And if they could make more money by innovating and modernizing more, they could continue to use a pay as you go model {like most other companies with retirement benefits do) well into the future. Opening up new streams of revenue for the USPS could go a long way in making sure the USPS can pay for their future retirees; without being forced by congress to pre-fund health care benefits for those future retirees, REGARDLESS of whether or not they have the money to do that.

2)The reason they are in trouble is because of congress forcing them to pre-fund benefits for FUTURE retirees and not passing legislation that would let them make more money. Just yesterday I was inside of a Meijer store that had a little Starbucks cafe in it. I thought to myself this Starbucks is just small enough to fit in the post office in my hometown. But of course the USPS can't lease out space in their post offices. MAYBE if the congress wouldn't stifle the USPS they could make more money and be profitable...again. But no Congressman Issa and the Republicans want to able to point the finger at the greedy union when the USPS has to close more offices and cut more services. That is what this is all about. If they truly cared about the retirement benefits of USPS employees they'd pre-fund their own retirement benefits. Of course they have the tax payers funding that unlike the USPS. Talk about self-reliance.

By what number? this is what I have been trying to say. What figures are they using? Again ?+?= 56Billion. How can you say thay without knowing the ?? Pensions, 401Ks, ESOPS and just about all finacially sound retirement devices are funded live. Not post work. Social Security is one of the few retirement funds that can be completed this way. We can be pretty sure more people will be in the US than there are now.

Well if you really want to know all of that here is a link to their financial information. Twelve pages with 228 documents. Enjoy.

http://about.usps.co...als/welcome.htm

I sure there are some people like that but I would say that is the minority. Most conservatives are after protecting what they have earned. I guess you could say self centered but really it is more self responsible or maybe self reliant. They dont believe in asking for help.

Not including the conservatives who have money now because they inherited it from the parents. Or their parents paid for the education that put them on the path to make the money they make. Or the ones who were "unsuccessful" until they got some help from others that made them more "successful," then they forget were they came from. Then there their are the ones who think they are self-reliant but are too dense to realize all the things the government provides that they take for granted. And then there are the ones who are on gov't assistance but they're more worried about what the blacks, the gays, the Mexicans, the Marxists, and the Muslims are doing; and not about more important things like the trade deficit, the aging infrastructure, and the widening gap between the rich and the poor. These are also usually the same ones worried about the liberals and the Kenyan in the White House taking their guns and their God away. The conservative folks that want to take THEIR country back. Like I said more self-centered than self-reliant. We all depend on each other to some degree anyway.

I am not sure why you keep talking about health care. I am talking about the funding of pensions. Do you know the difference?

Because one of the things the USPS is forced to pre-fund are the health care benefits for their future retirees. That's why I'm talking about it. If you read the article YOU posted in the very first post in this thread it says:

"The Postal Service for years has been wrestling with declining mail volume and a 2006 congressional requirement that it make advance payments to cover expected health care costs for future retirees for 75 years in advance, something no federal agency does. The agency expects to miss a $5.6 billion health care payment next month at the end of its fiscal year. It defaulted on two similar payments last year."

If you read most of the talk concerning this subject they say "benefits" and not "pensions." I'm talking about the health care benefits for their retirees part of it, because that is what the USPS and their employees want to not have to pre-fund. Again the USPS's Federal Employees' Retirement System (the pension for current and future retirees) has had a surplus since 1992.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#35 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 18 August 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Not including the conservatives who have money now because they inherited it from the parents. Or their parents paid for the education that put them on the path to make the money they make. Or the ones who were "unsuccessful" until they got some help from others that made them more "successful," then they forget were they came from. Then there their are the ones who think they are self-reliant but are too dense to realize all the things the government provides that they take for granted. And then there are the ones who are on gov't assistance but they're more worried about what the blacks, the gays, the Mexicans, the Marxists, and the Muslims are doing; and not about more important things like the trade deficit, the aging infrastructure, and the widening gap between the rich and the poor. These are also usually the same ones worried about the liberals and the Kenyan in the White House taking their guns and their God away. The conservative folks that want to take THEIR country back. Like I said more self-centered than self-reliant. We all depend on each other to some degree anyway.

This is one of the most insulting things you have ever said on here. I took a day to respond so I could think with a clear head. For you to say that people who are successfull had help from there parents or whomever is the biggest line of B.S. I have ever seen. My brother and myself are perfect examples. Came from poverty, worked smart and made good decisions. Now we have good jobs, a good life and are happy. This is happening all over the country. I see it everyday. I have not asked for help since I was 17 when I left home. Nor will I. This got me thinking why would someone make such a bonehead comment. I think it is because you are a "life loser". In other words you find it easier to blame others rather than accept personal responsibility for your crappy life. You can blame it on racism, the rich or whoever but at the end of your life non of that will matter. All that matters is what you are doing today to make your life better. This was fun until now.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

I did open and review the form 10Q in the link you provided. Once again you are wrong. They have listed On page 2 part 1, item 1, they have Retiree health benefits $2,129,000,000 for retiree health benifits. Doing very simple math of $35,000 and using %10 as our retirement figure this is dead on. Once again the factual info does not support your claim. Even under the Liabilities and Net Deficiency it calls for Long-term portion of debt which is still not enough to support what you are saying. Also Long-term portion of debt is usually real estate or simular debt. if it was listed under LTD they could use it as Depreciation which would be listed. It is not.

Here is where you are confused. Page 8. Form 10Q.

"Current projections indicate that the Postal Service will have a continued low level of liquidity in the
remainder of 2013. It is expected that the Postal Service will be unable to make the required $5.6 billion
retiree health benefits prefunding payment due by September 30, 2013. This cash position will continue to
worsen in October 2013, when the Postal Service is required to make its annual payment of
approximately $1.4 billion to the DOL for workers’ compensation. This low level of liquidity will continue to
exist, absent legislative actions by Congress that have been requested to assist the Postal Service in
returning to a financially stable position,"

So in summary the USPS is in the red by the $740 Million without the payment owed to workers. Your claim that the reason for the USPS to be in the red because of this debt owed to employees is 100% wrong no matter how you shake it out. they are in the red because they are a failing business. refer back to Item 1 – Financial Statement page 2.
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

:tease: My birthday is tomorrow so I'll get back to this on Thursday.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#38 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 20 August 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I did open and review the form 10Q in the link you provided. Once again you are wrong. They have listed On page 2 part 1, item 1, they have Retiree health benefits $2,129,000,000 for retiree health benifits. Doing very simple math of $35,000 and using %10 as our retirement figure this is dead on. Once again the factual info does not support your claim. Even under the Liabilities and Net Deficiency it calls for Long-term portion of debt which is still not enough to support what you are saying. Also Long-term portion of debt is usually real estate or simular debt. if it was listed under LTD they could use it as Depreciation which would be listed. It is not.

Here is where you are confused. Page 8. Form 10Q.

So in summary the USPS is in the red by the $740 Million without the payment owed to workers. Your claim that the reason for the USPS to be in the red because of this debt owed to employees is 100% wrong no matter how you shake it out. they are in the red because they are a failing business. refer back to Item 1 – Financial Statement page 2.

So apparently you think you know more about the USPS's pension and health care benefit funding for their retirees than the USPS itself. You think you know more than the USPS's Inspector General. Wow, you looked at one page and diagnosed the problem, while the Inspector General (David C. Williams) who overseas an independent organization that audits and investigates the USPS is wrong. :rolleyes: Mr. Williams has said himself that the USPS has over-funded its pensions. He has said himself that the USPS does not need to pre-fund its health benefits for retirees, and that congress's mandate is hurting the USPS. So excuse me if I choose to believe the Inspector General whose job it is to audit the USPS over you. And as I've said multiple times already, the USPS can make (and wants to make) more money. But the congress would have to act to allow the USPS to modernize, sell more products, and offer more services.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#39 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 20 August 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

This is one of the most insulting things you have ever said on here. I took a day to respond so I could think with a clear head. For you to say that people who are successfull had help from there parents or whomever is the biggest line of B.S. I have ever seen. My brother and myself are perfect examples. Came from poverty, worked smart and made good decisions. Now we have good jobs, a good life and are happy. This is happening all over the country. I see it everyday. I have not asked for help since I was 17 when I left home. Nor will I. This got me thinking why would someone make such a bonehead comment. I think it is because you are a "life loser". In other words you find it easier to blame others rather than accept personal responsibility for your crappy life.

Yeah successful people never get help from their parents. I guess Rob Walton, Alice Walton, and Jim Walton (the children of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton) are all billionaires now because of their own hard work. Their father building the largest retail store on earth had nothing to do with all three of them being billionaires today. Wal-Mart is a good example because all three of Sam Walton hard working heirs are successful today, sitting on billions of dollars they'll never spend; while they pay their employees wages low enough that many of them qualify for food stamps and Medicaid. But hey asking Rob, Alice, and Jim to pay a little more in taxes or pay their employees a living wage is wrong. That would be "punishing success." I mean Rob, Alice, and Jim worked hard for those billions they have now....oh yeah no they didn't. That's right they're successful because they came from the nut of a man who would build a multi-billion dollar corporation, and then die and leave that fortune to his (I guess) already successful children. Oh no we can't "punish success" that's not fair to Rob, Alice, and Jim Walton. No lets continue to let them sit on billions and pay shitty wages to their employees. While the tax payers (which includes the Waltons, their employees, and us) pay for their employees food and health care. I guess in that regard the Walton heirs believe in some form socialism. They keep their billions while we all pay for their employee's food and health care benefits. And of course their employees can always use those food stamps right there at Wal-Mart. A win-win situation for the Rob, Alice, and Jim I guess.

You've not asked for help since you were 17 well here. :trophy: Bravo. As I've said some conservatives do not even realize (or choose to ignore) the things government provides them that they take for granted. I guess since you said you grew up poor that you went to PUBLIC school? You know the schools that are funded by tax dollars collected by the government so the government can provide a PUBLIC service. And of course it was that PUBLIC school and those teachers (a.k.a. government employees) that taught you how to read and do arithmetic. Or were you illiterate when you were 17 and went off on your own? I didn't think so. So apparently those government employees (or teachers) and that public service (public education) laid the ground work for the success you became after you were 17. Because I'm willing to bet reading and writing and socializing with others HELPED you when you were working at your first job, just like they continue to help you today. Now unless you were home-schooled or went to a private school (both unlikely for most poor children), a PUBLIC education HELPED you become the self-reliant success story you are today. So that is a government service given to you that you rely on everyday, multiple times a day.

And that's just education. I didn't even mention things like the roads you use to go to work to make those big bucks. Or that electric grid you're using to power the devices you use at work. Or that clean air you're breathing or clean water you drink, both things you need to you know...live. I bet the last time you took a dump you were able to flush the toilet and a sewer system (built by the gov't) disposed of it for you. And of course if you ever have to mail something to a remote location there is the good ol' USPS to make sure it gets to the areas that UPS and FedEx won't even go to. I could go on and on but those are some things people take for granted that the government provides. Especially conservatives who love to bitch about the government and the services they provide.

Then again you can't listen to me because I'm just a life loser with a crappy life.

You can blame it on racism, the rich or whoever but at the end of your life non of that will matter. All that matters is what you are doing today to make your life better. This was fun until now.

I volunteered my time (because I have nothing better to do with my crappy life) and some money (my welfare check), at a local organization that gives back-to-school supplies to poor children yesterday. So yesterday I tried to do something to make life better. But not today, I was too busy worshiping my photo of Karl Marx today.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#40 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 23 August 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yeah successful people never get help from their parents. I guess Rob Walton, Alice Walton, and Jim Walton (the children of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton) are all billionaires now because of their own hard work. Their father building the largest retail store on earth had nothing to do with all three of them being billionaires today. Wal-Mart is a good example because all three of Sam Walton hard working heirs are successful today, sitting on billions of dollars they'll never spend; while they pay their employees wages low enough that many of them qualify for food stamps and Medicaid. But hey asking Rob, Alice, and Jim to pay a little more in taxes or pay their employees a living wage is wrong. That would be "punishing success." I mean Rob, Alice, and Jim worked hard for those billions they have now....oh yeah no they didn't. That's right they're successful because they came from the nut of a man who would build a multi-billion dollar corporation, and then die and leave that fortune to his (I guess) already successful children. Oh no we can't "punish success" that's not fair to Rob, Alice, and Jim Walton. No lets continue to let them sit on billions and pay shitty wages to their employees. While the tax payers (which includes the Waltons, their employees, and us) pay for their employees food and health care. I guess in that regard the Walton heirs believe in some form socialism. They keep their billions while we all pay for their employee's food and health care benefits. And of course their employees can always use those food stamps right there at Wal-Mart. A win-win situation for the Rob, Alice, and Jim I guess.

You've not asked for help since you were 17 well here. :trophy:/> Bravo. As I've said some conservatives do not even realize (or choose to ignore) the things government provides them that they take for granted. I guess since you said you grew up poor that you went to PUBLIC school? You know the schools that are funded by tax dollars collected by the government so the government can provide a PUBLIC service. And of course it was that PUBLIC school and those teachers (a.k.a. government employees) that taught you how to read and do arithmetic. Or were you illiterate when you were 17 and went off on your own? I didn't think so. So apparently those government employees (or teachers) and that public service (public education) laid the ground work for the success you became after you were 17. Because I'm willing to bet reading and writing and socializing with others HELPED you when you were working at your first job, just like they continue to help you today. Now unless you were home-schooled or went to a private school (both unlikely for most poor children), a PUBLIC education HELPED you become the self-reliant success story you are today. So that is a government service given to you that you rely on everyday, multiple times a day.

And that's just education. I didn't even mention things like the roads you use to go to work to make those big bucks. Or that electric grid you're using to power the devices you use at work. Or that clean air you're breathing or clean water you drink, both things you need to you know...live. I bet the last time you took a dump you were able to flush the toilet and a sewer system (built by the gov't) disposed of it for you. And of course if you ever have to mail something to a remote location there is the good ol' USPS to make sure it gets to the areas that UPS and FedEx won't even go to. I could go on and on but those are some things people take for granted that the government provides. Especially conservatives who love to bitch about the government and the services they provide.

Then again you can't listen to me because I'm just a life loser with a crappy life.

I volunteered my time (because I have nothing better to do with my crappy life) and some money (my welfare check), at a local organization that gives back-to-school supplies to poor children yesterday. So yesterday I tried to do something to make life better. But not today, I was too busy worshiping my photo of Karl Marx today.

Pretty much your typical response. I'm sorry your life sucks but it it no ones fault but your own. You can blame whom ever you want but people make themselves what they are. You obviously need to get to work.
Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users