NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Ryan On Mark Sanchez's Pick-Six: 'i Never Saw It' - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
santana Icon : (Today, 11:04 AM) I knew about odell since grade school
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM) You don't follow football.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) I was raving about him all 2012
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:59 AM) Thanks for the fantasy win bum.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) you are welcome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) i'm happy with my performance i fielded a great team. rain in oakland screwed me a bit as did the pack vs the vikings
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) just not in the cards
santana Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) I enjoyed how you second guessed your self twice with murray and mckinnon
santana Icon : (Today, 12:06 PM) also fleener off the wire lulz
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) 70 degrees out going to go hit 18 holes and then catch mnf at the super dome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) I AM THE TABLE
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) ....frown face
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) You're ripping my decisions and you still lost.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) I do feel your pain though. Would of beaten everyone. Especially Mr Jet
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) And i liked your move to stop my defensive streaming and you picked up all shit defences
santana Icon : (Today, 01:26 PM) you are reading too much into the defenses. i'm not that smart. and they accumulated because i had bad waiver position so they never dropped on players i was trying to pick up.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:27 PM) I am ripping your decisions because they made me lol during the week
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) you scrambled to plug all your holes and I had my lineup set almost two weeks ago. its all good though odb and forte came through
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:31 PM) Lol you mean two good players played well? It wasn't an anomaly
santana Icon : (Today, 01:32 PM) yeah thats what i said
santana Icon : (Today, 01:33 PM) I blame cobb and the packers d also the rain in oakland. I think I already said this
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) I mean... you caught me on about the best possible time. So you can use whatever excuses
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) You have a nice team though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) My QB had 11 points and I had to use a backup RB. And still won.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) It'll be interesting to see how the season finishes. Alot of the top teams still play each other again
gmany3k Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) anyone is this going to be nationaly televised game ?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) it is not a nationally televised game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) we get screwed if we live outside the NY area
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) have to stream it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) or wait till midnight when NFLN shows the game
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:09 PM) Horrible news about Eric Berry.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) it feels weird that we have a game tonight and not yesterday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) and we have 2 back to back Monday Night games in a row is even weirder
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) I have a hunch Percy harvin is going to have a huge game
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Rex Ryan On Mark Sanchez's Pick-Six: 'i Never Saw It'

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

  • THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,662
  • Joined: 08-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida.used to live in NY.
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

After an offseason's worth of breathless hyperbole and over-analysis, the New York Jets' quarterback competition opened in earnest Friday night with a 26-17 loss to the Detroit Lions.

Mark Sanchez, who started the game, would be wise to wipe from his memory the aforementioned pick-six by Lions rookie pass rusher Ziggy Ansah. Besides, Sanchez's coach didn't even witness the ugliness.

Quizzed about Sanchez's interception, Rex Ryan told reporters, per ESPN New York, "I never saw it. I caught the tail end of it."

Diving into his defense this season, Ryan had little to offer on the subject of the Jets' quarterback duel. Asked about rookie Geno Smith's debut, Rex had no more to say than your average housewife in Hackensack.

"I had my own issues on the other side, so I never really focused a whole lot while he was in there," Ryan said. "We'll see it on tape. You probably saw more plays than I did."

A surprising admission by Ryan. Yes, he's handed off the Jets' attack to offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, but it's hard to conceive Ryan completely ignoring his quarterback situation. Especially the first career NFL snaps from Smith, whom many see as the future of the franchise.

Ryan, try as he might, can't wash his hands of the Jets' offense. It won't work. His job is tied to how Sanchez and Smith perform this season. Ryan would be wise to watch closely.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,870
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

Sounds like Rex is prepping his resume to go DC somewhere else next year
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Rex ran out of fucks to give.
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

"The truth is, did I see the interception? No," Ryan said. "I heard the interception, the fans going crazy. I looked up and saw the big dude from BYU [Ziggy Ansah] running with the football into the end zone. I said, 'Oh, shoot' -- or something with an S."
0

#5 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,870
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

The plus side to this I guess is that he's removed him self from the evaluation of the Qbs. He's separating him self from those decisions so he can't be blamed for them. He's stuck with Sanchez so it's not a terrible idea to do this as long as his defense performs.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postsantana, on 12 August 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

The plus side to this I guess is that he's removed him self from the evaluation of the Qbs. He's separating him self from those decisions so he can't be blamed for them. He's stuck with Sanchez so it's not a terrible idea to do this as long as his defense performs.


He removed himself from evaluating qbs? Cus it's not like he can watch film after the game or anything . Film has NEVER been used for evalutaing players. . . Seems like you have been using the "JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS MAT" a lil too much.


It's preseason, this is a non issue. These games are meant for fine tuning and teaching and Rex was busy doing that. He obviously watches film of the offense and defense and makes evaluations there, like he would do anyway because you cant evaluate 11 players simultaneously, on every live play. You couldn't do that any any one play from the sideline. Relax.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostTebow15, on 12 August 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

He removed himself from evaluating qbs? Cus it's not like he can watch film after the game or anything . Film has NEVER been used for evalutaing players. . . Seems like you have been using the "JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS MAT" a lil too much.


It's preseason, this is a non issue. These games are meant for fine tuning and teaching and Rex was busy doing that. He obviously watches film of the offense and defense and makes evaluations there, like he would do anyway because you cant evaluate 11 players simultaneously, on every live play. You couldn't do that any any one play from the sideline. Relax.


Yeah yeah yeah. When are you going to change your name this year since Tebow is not only gone but playing for a division rival now?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,870
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostTebow15, on 12 August 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

He removed himself from evaluating qbs? Cus it's not like he can watch film after the game or anything . Film has NEVER been used for evalutaing players. . . Seems like you have been using the "JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS MAT" a lil too much.


It's preseason, this is a non issue. These games are meant for fine tuning and teaching and Rex was busy doing that. He obviously watches film of the offense and defense and makes evaluations there, like he would do anyway because you cant evaluate 11 players simultaneously, on every live play. You couldn't do that any any one play from the sideline. Relax.


Who the fuck do you think you are talking to? I.. ME... "CAN'T"???? "Can't" is a word that is not in my vocabulary dick weed. I can do whatever the fuck I want and I can easily evaluate 500 players from the sideline while I flirt with a cheer leader. Get that weak shit out of here.. you nfl plebeian trying to garner my attention again with this trash. It's common sense that the jets coaching staff including the head coach would watch the tape of the offense. If Ryan's focus is now with the defense and these type of comments carry over to the regular season then rex has effectively removed him self from actively managing the offense. Rex can't manage the offense on the field if he's so focused on the defense that he isn't even watching the qb.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,266
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#10 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

View Postsantana, on 12 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Who the f*** do you think you are talking to? I.. ME... "CAN'T"???? "Can't" is a word that is not in my vocabulary dick weed. I can do whatever the f*** I want and I can easily evaluate 500 players from the sideline while I flirt with a cheer leader. Get that weak shit out of here.. you nfl plebeian trying to garner my attention again with this trash. It's common sense that the jets coaching staff including the head coach would watch the tape of the offense. If Ryan's focus is now with the defense and these type of comments carry over to the regular season then rex has effectively removed him self from actively managing the offense. Rex can't manage the offense on the field if he's so focused on the defense that he isn't even watching the qb.


Who do I think I am talking to? you don't want me to answer that, wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, its bad enough that your too busy having a circle jerk with Manish to realize when you are making drama out of nothing.

What is Rex managing in a preseason game where the plays are being called to test out player's ability? The overall strategy isnt to win, it's to see what works and with who. For the most part, the plays were already selected in meetings before the game, that I am sure Rex was a part of. So how is Rex not involved with the offense for this PRESEASON GAME, and how is hetaking himself out of the qb decision? oh wait, you don't know what you're talking about, silly me, why would I ask you?

I wonder how Bill Parcels was managing the defense when he gave his famous "this is why you lift all them weights" speech. He saw the play on the Jumbo-tron, he is going back to what got him to 2 AFC championship games, and you think it is a problem that he missed half of one play because he was being a coach. And you think that means he cant make any decisions.

If it was so obvious to you that he was going to watch film afterwards, why didn't u take that into account before u made your last post.

i'LL give you a helpful quote: "It is better to keep silent and have everyone think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and confirm that you are."

So you can throw your over the top tantrum, but yelling nonsensical bs about unrealistic expectations for any human being, just makes u look like more of a jackass to anyone with half a brain cell.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,870
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostTebow15, on 13 August 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Who do I think I am talking to? you don't want me to answer that, wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, its bad enough that your too busy having a circle jerk with Manish to realize when you are making drama out of nothing.

What is Rex managing in a preseason game where the plays are being called to test out player's ability? The overall strategy isnt to win, it's to see what works and with who. For the most part, the plays were already selected in meetings before the game, that I am sure Rex was a part of. So how is Rex not involved with the offense for this PRESEASON GAME, and how is hetaking himself out of the qb decision? oh wait, you don't know what you're talking about, silly me, why would I ask you?

I wonder how Bill Parcels was managing the defense when he gave his famous "this is why you lift all them weights" speech. He saw the play on the Jumbo-tron, he is going back to what got him to 2 AFC championship games, and you think it is a problem that he missed half of one play because he was being a coach. And you think that means he cant make any decisions.

If it was so obvious to you that he was going to watch film afterwards, why didn't u take that into account before u made your last post.

i'LL give you a helpful quote: "It is better to keep silent and have everyone think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and confirm that you are."

So you can throw your over the top tantrum, but yelling nonsensical bs about unrealistic expectations for any human being, just makes u look like more of a jackass to anyone with half a brain cell.


You aren't worth the 30 seconds it takes to type this out. You inbred nfl fan once again bickering about nonsensical comments. I take EVERY factor and fact into account before I make any post. You will never be on this level please step away from your keyboard and turn your attention back to sportscenter reruns or whatever the hell you feed your uneducated brain with. Your responses are worthless to me- Over the top tantrum? Please, I typed that response in mere seconds. Just be lucky that I acknowledge your feeble presence on this board with a response.

Of course you would consider that a "helpful quote" if only you would practice it. All these statements and quotes you type out is just inane dribble that you pollute the internet with...disgusting.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#12 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,071
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm about to go all Daniel Bryan in this thread...


YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users