NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets To Start Sanchez Vs Jags - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets To Start Sanchez Vs Jags

#1 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

just got the text. says it was posted on jets twitter

#2 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

As he will be starting week 1 vs. the bucs.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#3 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postextmenace, on 15 August 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

As he will be starting week 1 vs. the bucs.

You say that as if it makes you happy. Do you believe Sanchez is going to all of a sudden become a reliable and accurate QB? Do you think his inability to play the position decently when his primary target is covered is going to improve or his overall poor accuracy is going to improve because of some vitamins he takes?

He is due many millions next year when we will not be forced to pay him capwise. Do you think we will pay him 8 million and if so I envy you your eternal optimism in the face of reality.

Sanchez is not a good QB. He lacks accuracy, decision making, a strong arm, fleet feet. He has the words down pat. he says the right things to the press. Not a fair and balanced exchange.

I'm not saying Smith is the answer. I am saying that if we come out of this season not knowing about Smith it will be another "But it's the Jet's" moments.

Case in point. Sanchez starts game 2. Ryan points out Smith's ankle. THEN WHY WOULDN'T YOU ANNOUNCE HE IS OUT OF THE GAME DUE TO INJURY???? If he plays him at all he should be fired. Either the kid deserves his chance to start in this so called fair competition or he doesn't. But for sure, if he is to play wouldn't it be better to have him line up behind the starting O-line instead of the second unit. I would think his injured ankle would sure think so. Or you just don't play him due to injury. But not Ryan.

This is a young rookie that hears his coach tell the press he had a "brutal" day. When Sanchez had his 10th brutal GAME we could hear Ryan saying things like "He made some bad decisions and bad throws but he also did some things well." It's so obvious Ryan cannot separate his feelings for Sanchez from his logic. And he deserves to go down with him because of it.

And to those who believe we are a playoff team - I hope you are right. Above all I am a Jets fan and will root my ass off for Sanchez or whoever plays in that uniform. But I am disgusted by the lack of intelligence exhibited in the way they go about their business.

#4 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

View Postchocomag, on 16 August 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

You say that as if it makes you happy. Do you believe Sanchez is going to all of a sudden become a reliable and accurate QB? Do you think his inability to play the position decently when his primary target is covered is going to improve or his overall poor accuracy is going to improve because of some vitamins he takes?

He is due many millions next year when we will not be forced to pay him capwise. Do you think we will pay him 8 million and if so I envy you your eternal optimism in the face of reality.

Sanchez is not a good QB. He lacks accuracy, decision making, a strong arm, fleet feet. He has the words down pat. he says the right things to the press. Not a fair and balanced exchange.

I'm not saying Smith is the answer. I am saying that if we come out of this season not knowing about Smith it will be another "But it's the Jet's" moments.

Case in point. Sanchez starts game 2. Ryan points out Smith's ankle. THEN WHY WOULDN'T YOU ANNOUNCE HE IS OUT OF THE GAME DUE TO INJURY???? If he plays him at all he should be fired. Either the kid deserves his chance to start in this so called fair competition or he doesn't. But for sure, if he is to play wouldn't it be better to have him line up behind the starting O-line instead of the second unit. I would think his injured ankle would sure think so. Or you just don't play him due to injury. But not Ryan.

This is a young rookie that hears his coach tell the press he had a "brutal" day. When Sanchez had his 10th brutal GAME we could hear Ryan saying things like "He made some bad decisions and bad throws but he also did some things well." It's so obvious Ryan cannot separate his feelings for Sanchez from his logic. And he deserves to go down with him because of it.

And to those who believe we are a playoff team - I hope you are right. Above all I am a Jets fan and will root my ass off for Sanchez or whoever plays in that uniform. But I am disgusted by the lack of intelligence exhibited in the way they go about their business.

LOL...chill out dude. I don't know how that one little comment I wrote gave you the impression that I am happy about it. Regardless of my opinion on either QB, all I was stating was the obvious. Sanchez will be starting week 1, Geno won't win the competition. This doesn't appear to be a Russell Wilson vs Matt flynn scenerio where Wilson was so much better than Flynn that the coaching staff had to make the move.

Sanchez is owed a ton of money, the jets have invested a lot of time and money into sanchez and geno is not forcing the team to start him with amazing play. The franchise has to give sanchez one last chance, even if it is only for the first quarter of the season. If you look at it without any biased thought towards the two QB options, you'd have to be lala land to believe that geno will start the first game. I say this based on the same jets articles I'm sure you read about the situation. Geno has to be the clear cut better option to win the QB competition. If its close, even, or obviously if sanchez is playing better, Sanchez will get the nod.

And my opinion, if you must know on the topic. I want sanchez to start week one. Not because I am a fan of his, not because I hope he can turn into a franchise QB (although i'd be happy with that), and not because I am a geno hater. I want sanchez to start because I feel that Smith needs to sit as long as possible. He needs to learn, I don't want to see Geno's confidence completely shot before his 2nd season in the league. Geno dropped into the 2nd round for a reason, he isn't a peyton manning, John Elway, Luck, or RGIII. He isn't a polished, ready to start in the NFL QB prospect. After watching him throw a hissy fit during the draft, it would be in his best interest to earn the job...not just give it to him. Dude comes off as mentally fragile spoiled brat to me...he's playing in a tough market, if he can't hold his composure during the NFL draft, how's he gonna react when a whole stadium is booing him? I just don't think he's ready to be a starting NFL QB in the league.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Id rather see Mcelroy than Shitchez if Geno isnt getting the start. Shitchez doesn't deserve to start anymore. Just because he is owed a lot of money doesn't mean he should be starting.Worst qbr,most turnovers,etc. What gives him the right to start? Any other team would have benched him for sure Plenty of qb`s making a lot of money have been benched for lower paid qbs through the history of the NFL. Not sure what Rex`s obsession with our shit qb is all about but he shouldn't be starting again unless its do to an injury. Sanchez should be 2nd or 3rd qb. he can hold the clipboard and make his money. I can pretty much guarantee that pick six isn't just a preseason mistake for him. he has proven it 4 straight years. A 5th year will make zero difference.

Mcelroy isn't great or anything by far but he can move the ball and is at least an average game manager. Sanchez as proven he is one of the worst if not the worst. It cant hurt to give Mcelroy a real shot. he cant do any worse than Mark has done in 4 years.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users