NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Injury - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How the f*** is that not interference
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) That's flag 101 never looking back and pushing the WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How is that not PI?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Never looked for the ball for a second
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) Fuck this game fuck the refs fuck this team fuck the season. I'm over this shit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) That's bullshit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) On the bright side we get to play Detroit, San Diego, NE and denver in our next 4 games
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) Oh look the refs gave the Jets another timeout. A timeout the Jets didn't even have. SMDH
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Until we get rid of geno smith we are going nowhere. Bottom line. Dude is more erratic than romo
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) I'm really not feeling Geno Smith.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Or any other QB in the league. Trade for Sanchez Now!
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) We'd be 3-0 with Sanchez
SokeSleezy Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Geno's needs to work on his accuracy,Stafford gonna kill us next week smh
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Yeah gonna go with a good old f*** Geno this week. He is still playing better than last year though
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) People saying Sanchez sucks keep in mind he never had a chance to play in morningwegs system. He was held back by shottenheimer
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) This team will never have a franchise QB. We can't draft them and when we sign or trade for them, they're past their primes.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Sanchez Injury

#21 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,007
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 26 August 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Then let him get a series or two in Thursday's game with some guys who actually have a chance at blocking defenders. Not in the 4th quarter with practice squad linemen.

You say starters don't play the 4th preseason game. Clearly the Jets don't prescribe to conventional wisdom, as they've yet to name a starter and are allowing the competition to go into the 4th game. So there's no reason not to have held Sanchez back and let him get a series or two vs. Philly.

It was beyond stupid.


I doubt any starters are playing in the Philly game.

What I don't understand is when did Sanchez become the solution? Many of you guys wanted him cut or wanted him benched. The injury effectively does that yet you guys complain that Rex shouldn't have let Sanchez in. Geno isn't ready but Sanchez hasn't answered any questions these past few games either.
0

#22 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 August 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Plenty of past rookie QBs struggled in the preseason and then went onto have good seasons. Yeah he made some bad passes, but that doesn't mean the competition is over and it doesn't look like Rex is making that decision anyways.


Geno is the future but he's got a long way to go. This competition will never be over simply because Sanchez is now a placeholder and whenever Geno is ready, it's his team. However as of right now, Geno's footwork is atrocious. He looks like bambi out there.
0

#23 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostChaos, on 26 August 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I doubt any starters are playing in the Philly game.

What I don't understand is when did Sanchez become the solution? Many of you guys wanted him cut or wanted him benched. The injury effectively does that yet you guys complain that Rex shouldn't have let Sanchez in. Geno isn't ready but Sanchez hasn't answered any questions these past few games either.


After the way Geno played, Sanchez was the Week 1 starter. I couldn't care less about people wanting him cut or benched.

Sanchez did enough to prove he's the only QB on the roster capable of starting Week 1. You don't play your Week 1 starter in the 4th quarter behind 5 scrubs. It's that simple.

I usually defend Rex to the bitter end, but this was plain stupid.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostChaos, on 26 August 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I doubt any starters are playing in the Philly game.

What I don't understand is when did Sanchez become the solution? Many of you guys wanted him cut or wanted him benched. The injury effectively does that yet you guys complain that Rex shouldn't have let Sanchez in. Geno isn't ready but Sanchez hasn't answered any questions these past few games either.


I'd be suprised if geno didn't get a lot of playing time
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#25 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 August 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I'd be suprised if geno didn't get a lot of playing time


THIS would be the stupidest decision of Rex Ryan's tenure.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 26 August 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

THIS would be the stupidest decision of Rex Ryan's tenure.


playing a rookie alot in the 4th pre-season game is a bad idea? where have you been the past few decades?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Wow. Some people are just never satisfied. They cry, bitch & moan they want Sanchez gone but then want to crucify Rex for playing Sanchez during a QB competition against backup defenders. Seriously? When did you people start watching the NFL? Hopefully Sanchez will be okay, but if not, it's not like Rex EXPECTED him to get hurt when putting him in. Armchair coaches are so easily set off. Rex did nothing wrong by playing Sanchez.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#28 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,390
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Sorry but I totally disagree with you all.

For one Sanchez is rated as the worst staring qb in his 4 year career.When is the last time he even beat a team that ha a winning record?????. So WTF would sitting Geno as a second string qb accomplish? Nothing.
Who is Geno going to learn from for one???? Sanchez? If anyone thinks that then you are delusional.

Mark has proven he sucks and if Geno is 2nd string he wont get much practice time during the season with the starters so I cant see him growing in this fashion.Most of Geno`s practice time would be with 2nd and 3rd stringers and the practice team which wouldn't help his development much.

Sitting Geno is a mistake and as I said before there have been many HOF qb`s that had very crappy first years. Mark wasn't ready when he came in as a rookie but he was the starter from the beginning and whatever he did learn he learned on the field.

If Geno had a good qb to learn from I would agree from but Sanchez isn't going to teach Geno one thing so the way I see it the best thing for Geno is to be on the field. If he truly has potential then he will learn from his mistakes as he plays.

Next...what I really dont get about this discussion of Geno not being ready is who on this forum really thinks that the Jets are good enough to make the playoffs with Mark? I sure as hell dont and I dont the Jets will have a winning season this year. So what is the point of starting Mark if the Jets wont be in contention for a a playoff spot??

This has nothing to do with Rex and that is a stupid discussion.Rex is not the qb This has to do with what qb(Geno or Mark) is best for the Jets....a qb that will never be anything or a qb that could grow to be the Jets future.

With all that said Id rather see Geno grow and learn on the field now even if he throws 4-5 interceptions a game and get better against elite players than the Jets continue to start a qb that isn't going to teach him anything and isn't going to be any good for the team.

If Sanchez had turned a corner and showed he could actually be good Id feel different but he sucked in the preseason too just like he has for 4 years. The Jets are going nowhere with Mark so there is absolutely no point in starting him at all.

This whole ready thing is a bunch of sh*t. If you want a sh*tty qb starting just because he might win a game or two more and still take the team nowhere as opposed to grooming a rookie qb on the field then bring in Jamarcus Russel. He is trying to come back and was a first overall pick and he sucks just like Sanchez.

Russel Wilson looked terrible at the beginning of the season last year but he got a lot better as the season progressed but Seattle stuck with him and as the season progressed he actually looked like a pretty good qb by the end of the season.

So yes starting Geno from day one for all 16 games no matter how green he is is the best thing for him.
0

#29 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,007
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 26 August 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Sorry but I totally disagree with you all.

For one Sanchez is rated as the worst staring qb in his 4 year career. So WTF would sitting Geno as a second string qb accomplish? Nothing.
Who is Geno going to learn from for one???? Sanchez? If anyone thinks that then you are delusional.

Mark has proven he sucks and if Geno is 2nd string he wont get much practice time during the season with the starters so I cant see him growing in this fashion.Most of Geno`s practice time would be with 2nd and 3rd stringers and the practice team which wouldn't help his development much.

Sitting Geno is a mistake and as I said before there have been many HOF qb`s that had very crappy first years. Mark wasn't ready when he came in as a rookie but he was the starter from the beginning and whatever he did learn he learned on the field.

If Geno had a good qb to learn from I would agree from but Sanchez isn't going to teach Geno one thing so the way I see it the best thing for Geno is to be on the field. If he truly has potential then he will learn from his mistakes as he plays.

Next...what I really dont get about this discussion of Geno not being ready is who on this forum really thinks that the Jets are good enough to make the playoffs with Mark? I sure as hell dont and I dont the Jets will have a winning season this year. So what is the point of starting Mark if the Jets wont be in contention for a a playoff spot??

This has nothing to do with Rex and that is a stupid discussion.Rex is not the qb This has to do with what qb(Geno or Mark) is best for the Jets....a qb that will never be anything or a qb that could grow to be the Jets future.

With all that said Id rather see Geno grow and learn on the field now even if he throws 4-5 interceptions a game> If Sanchez had turned a corner and showed he could actually be good Id feel different but he sucked in the preseason too just like he has for 4 years. The Jets are going nowhere with Mark so there is absolutely no point in starting him at all.


Jets played Sanchez early and it can be argued that it hurt his development. Geno is not NFL ready, that was a known issue with him coming into the draft. The Jets could leave him on the bench, have him learn from the coaches and fix his mistakes. Just because he doesn't get game time does not mean that he won't learn. Was Rodgers development stunted by sitting on the bench? How about Brady? Schaub? Romo? Cutler? Brees? Kaepernick? There is plenty of proof for QBs learning on the bench and taking over the second year. Hell it was the preferred development plan for years. There is no reason for Geno to go out there and struggle, have his confidence shaken, and get Carr syndrome or just become overwhelmed. Taking it even further, Jets had great run support and solid D when Sanchez became starter, neither is guaranteed against the Bucs in a couple of weeks.

If they Jets are going to struggle, Mark is the better quarterback to use this season. He has shown a better grasp of the offense this preseason and is able to move the team. One of his biggest issues is an inability to recover after making a mistake. With the way Rex's D was playing against the Giant, Mark would only need to play efficiently for the Jets to have a shot at the playoffs.
0

#30 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 August 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

playing a rookie alot in the 4th pre-season game is a bad idea? where have you been the past few decades?


When he is the potential starter - due to the other potential starter being questionable thanks to playing him with 5 scrub linemen - then yes, it is. It's an incredibly bad idea.

I honestly feel like I get stupider every time I read the posts on this site.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#31 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,390
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostChaos, on 26 August 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Jets played Sanchez early and it can be argued that it hurt his development. Geno is not NFL ready, that was a known issue with him coming into the draft. The Jets could leave him on the bench, have him learn from the coaches and fix his mistakes. Just because he doesn't get game time does not mean that he won't learn. Was Rodgers development stunted by sitting on the bench? How about Brady? Schaub? Romo? Cutler? Brees? Kaepernick? There is plenty of proof for QBs learning on the bench and taking over the second year. Hell it was the preferred development plan for years. There is no reason for Geno to go out there and struggle, have his confidence shaken, and get Carr syndrome or just become overwhelmed. Taking it even further, Jets had great run support and solid D when Sanchez became starter, neither is guaranteed against the Bucs in a couple of weeks.

If they Jets are going to struggle, Mark is the better quarterback to use this season. He has shown a better grasp of the offense this preseason and is able to move the team. One of his biggest issues is an inability to recover after making a mistake. With the way Rex's D was playing against the Giants, Mark would only need to play efficiently for the Jets to have a shot at the playoffs.

You aren't thinking about this very logically are you. The difference with everyone of these qb`s you mentioned and the Jets are two things......
First the most obvious is these other guys had other decent qb`s starting before them. Schaub had Vick, Romo and Brady had Bledsoe,Rodgers had Favre, Brees had Flutie, and Kaepernick had Alex Smith. Everyone of these qbs were far better than Mark ever was. So your example is pointless.

Next all of these teams were far better than the Jets currently are. The Jets probably aren't a playoff team with Mark or with Geno. How many teams started there rookies last year from the beginning? 6-8 or whatever and all of them showed growth on the field.

So no I dont get your points at all. If Geno has potential he will grow far more on the field than he will be sitting. If he screws up in a game that can be worked on in practice. If he succeeds we know he might be our future. If he doesn't then we look for a qb next year in a better class of qb draft picks. If Sanchez starts most or the whole year then we have no idea what Geno is about and the Jets could screw themselves on a qb in next years draft. Id rather see if Geno can grow now.

And for that matter starting Mark as a rookie didn't ruin him. His accuracy has always sucked. Either you have accuracy or you dont. Sitting him wouldn't have made him more accurate. Plus you need actual game time to get the game speed down.
0

#32 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,007
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 26 August 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

You aren't thinking about this very logically are you. The difference with everyone of these qb`s you mentioned and the Jets are two things......
First the most obvious is these other guys had other decent qb`s starting before them. Schaub had Vick, Romo and Brady had Bledsoe,Rodgers had Favre, Brees had Flutie, and Kaepernick had Alex Smith. Everyone of these qbs were far better than Mark ever was. So your example is pointless.

Next all of these teams were far better than the Jets currently are. The Jets probably aren't a playoff team with Mark or with Geno. How many teams started there rookies last year from the beginning? 6-8 or whatever and all of them showed growth on the field.

So no I dont get your points at all. If Geno has potential he will grow far more on the field than he will be sitting. If he screws up in a game that can be worked on in practice. If he succeeds we know he might be our future. If he doesn't then we look for a qb next year in a better class of qb draft picks. If Sanchez starts most or the whole year then we have no idea what Geno is about and the Jets could screw themselves on a qb in next years draft. Id rather see if Geno can grow now.

And for that matter starting Mark as a rookie didn't ruin him. His accuracy has always sucked. Either you have accuracy or you dont. Sitting him wouldn't have made him more accurate. Plus you need actual game time to get the game speed down.


My examples are based on a development point of view. You said a QB can't learn from sitting. A rookie QB does not need to play in games to learn. Starting Geno against the Bucs after his showing last week and then taking him to NE as a starter in a short week is not going to end well. The Jets o-line has yet to gel, especially with two new starters and Ducasse being a weak point the last two seasons. The running game is not set. Powell/Ivory are first time starters and Bell is a guy who has bounced around for a few years with different teams. WR? Who is he going to throw to? Jets have unproven talent. This offense needs time to get everything straightened out before they put Geno out there as a starter. Sanchez has shown that he can work with this offense and has looked good at points during the preseason.

Last years rookies are a terrible comparison. Luck, RGIII, and Tannenhill were top picks. Luck and RGIII were as NFL-ready as they come. Wilson lit it up during the preseason and in camp. Both Weeden and Foles had weak showings and were fighting for their jobs this offseason.
0

#33 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,240
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Considering the way Sanchez played in the first two preseason games, I don't see how anybody could say he was the clear cut favorite to be the starter. I mean I agree that Sanchez right now is better than Geno Smith but this isn't Tom Brady and Tim Tebow we're talking about here. With Sanchez....I just don't know what to think of him anymore. I like Sanchez, I still have hope he'll be the franchise QB I (and we) wanted him to be on draft day in 2009. But...I have to shake my head sometimes because he is still playing like a rookie after 4 seasons. When is it going to start clicking for him? When is he going to get "it" together? He's still wearing that Jets uniform so I still support him and want to see him be successful, but I know I'm tired of waiting on him to finally become the franchise.

Now the Jets front office didn't do him any favors. With the constantly changing WRs and the lack of depth with the O-line and lack of a running game after LT retired. All things every QB needs to succeed over a period of time. And of course there was the Tebow experiment last year. But some of Sanchez's decision making is just infuriating to watch as a Jets fan. His play is still too erratic. He's moving the ball down the field like Elway one moment, then he throws a pick six the next moment.

But I don't blame Rex for Sanchez being in the game at that point. Sanchez has done nothing in the last two seasons or in the first two preseason games this year to show he is the unquestioned starter this season. If he had played better the last two years the Jets would have never drafted Geno Smith in the first place. Sanchez has indeed felt too comfortable in his role as the starter. In 2011 when he was playing badly he knew he wasn't going to be benched because his backup was the 40 year old Mark Brunell. Last year his backup was Tim Tebow, and Sanchez saw up close in practice how bad Tebow was. So Sanchez has felt very complacent in his position as the starting QB. And he likely felt that way again after seeing Geno throw those 3 INTs. This is the first time since the beginning of the 2011 season he's had to look over his shoulder and actually worry about keeping his job.

So IMO Sanchez needs the QB competition to light a fire under his ass and for him to realize Not For Long (NFL) applies to him too. So yeah he should have been out there at that point in that game. This is just another excuse for some to bitch about Rex Ryan. Because if it was Geno Smith that had gotten injured the talk right now would be about how Rex hurt Geno's development, and sabotaged Geno Smith in favor of Sanchez (remember he has a tattoo of a woman in a Sanchez jersey). People (or rather idiots with a Twitter account and employees of ESPN) would be saying Rex never wanted Geno Smith anyway and there was never really a QB competition. These people need to relax. I'm sure there will be plenty of legitimate reasons to bitch about Rex as the season progresses.



Plus we knew Geno Smith was going to start the 3rd preseason game days before that game. I didn't hear or read any complaints about that before the game. I was always under the impression that Geno would start and Mark would play later with the 2nd string. So I don't get why the people criticizing Rex are so surprised now.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#34 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 26 August 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

When he is the potential starter - due to the other potential starter being questionable thanks to playing him with 5 scrub linemen - then yes, it is. It's an incredibly bad idea.

I honestly feel like I get stupider every time I read the posts on this site.


cause we didn't play every single rookie alot in the 4th game every single year under rex? cause RG3 didn't , or luck last year. rookies always play in the 4th game, unless your worried about him due to sanchez being hurt? whats the difference, this year is over. is it the worst thing to have simms or mcelroy QB the team? at leats we'll get a top pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#35 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Heart of the Heartland
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

If the Rex haters and the NY Press gave Rex just an inch of the benefit of the doubt you can not possibly question this decision. Dont give both QB's equal time to perform in a game setting and its not a competition PERIOD. The line of questioning of the Investigative Reporters (OXYMORON) in NY has sent many Jets coaches over the edge. Thier questions are repetitive, moronic and childish. They ask the same thing to try to get a different answer and then call the interviewee a liar. They purposely badger thier victim to get a sound byte or push him out of control. Rex's first 15 minutes with the video is EXACTLY what I want to see in a press conference! Good information about my team! Not this MANISH CIMINI CRAP!

oh im sorry maybe this was the wrong thread...i got carried away....sorry.
0

#36 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,297
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

The jets are no better or no worse after 5 yrs . always far way from a super bowl . play defense run the ball well covert on 3rd down until "The Guy" shows up that changes the game for the Jets . 44 years of drama .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#37 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sweet Lord, welcome back
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#38 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,390
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 August 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Considering the way Sanchez played in the first two preseason games, I don't see how anybody could say he was the clear cut favorite to be the starter. I mean I agree that Sanchez right now is better than Geno Smith but this isn't Tom Brady and Tim Tebow we're talking about here. With Sanchez....I just don't know what to think of him anymore. I like Sanchez, I still have hope he'll be the franchise QB I (and we) wanted him to be on draft day in 2009. But...I have to shake my head sometimes because he is still playing like a rookie after 4 seasons. When is it going to start clicking for him? When is he going to get "it" together? He's still wearing that Jets uniform so I still support him and want to see him be successful, but I know I'm tired of waiting on him to finally become the franchise.

Now the Jets front office didn't do him any favors. With the constantly changing WRs and the lack of depth with the O-line and lack of a running game after LT retired. All things every QB needs to succeed over a period of time. And of course there was the Tebow experiment last year. But some of Sanchez's decision making is just infuriating to watch as a Jets fan. His play is still too erratic. He's moving the ball down the field like Elway one moment, then he throws a pick six the next moment.

But I don't blame Rex for Sanchez being in the game at that point. Sanchez has done nothing in the last two seasons or in the first two preseason games this year to show he is the unquestioned starter this season. If he had played better the last two years the Jets would have never drafted Geno Smith in the first place. Sanchez has indeed felt too comfortable in his role as the starter. In 2011 when he was playing badly he knew he wasn't going to be benched because his backup was the 40 year old Mark Brunell. Last year his backup was Tim Tebow, and Sanchez saw up close in practice how bad Tebow was. So Sanchez has felt very complacent in his position as the starting QB. And he likely felt that way again after seeing Geno throw those 3 INTs. This is the first time since the beginning of the 2011 season he's had to look over his shoulder and actually worry about keeping his job.

So IMO Sanchez needs the QB competition to light a fire under his ass and for him to realize Not For Long (NFL) applies to him too. So yeah he should have been out there at that point in that game. This is just another excuse for some to bitch about Rex Ryan. Because if it was Geno Smith that had gotten injured the talk right now would be about how Rex hurt Geno's development, and sabotaged Geno Smith in favor of Sanchez (remember he has a tattoo of a woman in a Sanchez jersey). People (or rather idiots with a Twitter account and employees of ESPN) would be saying Rex never wanted Geno Smith anyway and there was never really a QB competition. These people need to relax. I'm sure there will be plenty of legitimate reasons to bitch about Rex as the season progresses.



Plus we knew Geno Smith was going to start the 3rd preseason game days before that game. I didn't hear or read any complaints about that before the game. I was always under the impression that Geno would start and Mark would play later with the 2nd string. So I don't get why the people criticizing Rex are so surprised now.


Never thought we would agree completely on this matter. Yes I may not like Mark as the Jets starter but I am trying to be logical on this matter. If mark lit it up in the preseason Id be up for him starting in the regular season but the fact is Mark hasn't lit it up. And as far as Rex....I haven't been happy with some of his coaching decisions during the seasons but this matter is complete and utter stupidity as far as the media and fans that are throwing him under the buss. Sanchez is not an elite qb. Not even close so I dont understand how the media can stupidly say "Brady and Manning wouldn't have been out there." Totally idiot statement on their part. Mark hasn't proven he is a franchise qb. If he had he wouldn't be in a competition now. And someone has to play with the second stringers. I didn't hear everyone complaining when Geno played with the second and third stringers,etc. in game one.

This is absolutely on Sanchez and not Rex even a little. If Sanchez had proven himself to begin with he wouldn't have been in that position to play with lower end players.

I really hope Sanchez doesn't have an injury that needs surgery. Ive had three back surgeries and am not looking forward to a right shoulder surgery to repair a ripped tendon. But still I kind of hope Sanchez is at least sidelined a couple of regular season games because I want to see what this kid Geno has without having to look over his shoulder.

yes some qb`s are ruined by being put in the game from the beginning but not all qb`s have weak mentalities. Some qbs grow and thrive as rookies or in their second year from playing from the beginning. There are many qb`s in the league that fit that mold. For ever Russel,Sanchez,Carr,and Young you have qb`s like Ryan,Manning,RGIII, Wilson, etc.

I just believe we have seen all we ever will out of Mark. His peak is where is at now(what I believe). Id rather give Geno the rock and see if he can handle the game speed.The pressure from the players,fans, and media. And learn from his mistakes and grow into a solid confident qb. I want him to be great but at this point Id settle for above average or even high end average. I'm just tired of having low end average qb`s and mediocre qb`s. Its time for a change and Id rather sink or swim with Geno and have renewed hope as a Jets fan than settle on the same path b*tching every week about how much Sanchez sucks whenever he isn't playing a mediocre team. Basically I'm tired of being miserable and my hopes lie with Geno.
0

#39 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

I get a gut feeling Sanchez has a more serious injury than what they are saying. They are doing this so other team dont hold QBs on rosters so leverage Jets.
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users