NYJetsFan.com Forums: Chris Christie Rips Manish Mehta - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (18 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) Milliner also has a quad now. It really makes sense just to sit him until he is 100%. Lets get healthy instead of risking injury or letting Marshal go 80 for a TD.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chris Christie Rips Manish Mehta

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

http://www.cbssports...ress-conference

NJ Gov. Chris Christie rips Jets writer over Rex Ryan press conference

For all the legitimately interesting preseason action that happened this weekend, the only thing anyone cares about is Rex Ryan's press conference meltdown from Saturday night. It was questions from the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta about playing Mark Sanchez late in a meaningless game that sent Rex over the top and now Mehta's feeling a little heat as well.

Specifically from, of all places, the freaking Governor of New Jersey. Yes, that's right. Noted Dallas football fan Chris Christie is not happy with the way Mehta conducted himself in the Ryan press conference and he let that be known while sitting in with WFAN's Boomer and Carton show Monday.

"Idiot. The guy's a complete idiot. Self-consumed, underpaid, reporter. The only reason he's empowered is we're spending all this time this morning talking about Manish Mehta who, by the way, I couldn't pick out of a lineup," Christie said. "And no Jet fan really gives a damn about Manish Mehta."

First off, I'm pretty sure a lot of Jets fans DO care what Manish has to say, since, you know, he covers the Jets for a living and generally has very good information on them. (Full disclosure: I really like Manish. He's a very nice guy. I don't know Chris Christie.) Secondly, Christie's probably cheesed off about "unnamed Jets" that always pop up in the media talking smack about other players. It's the nature of the business.

Third, whatever you might think about the way Mehta handled the press conference, just please remember this is the New York media market. Ryan and I talked about this on the Monday's podcast, but the reality is it's a cutthroat city to live in if you're covering football. You can't just kick back and hope the quotes come to you.

And finally, YOU'RE A COWBOYS FAN, CHRIS CHRISTIE. But by all means, please continue.

"That's my point. It shouldn't be about that. It should be about the Sanchez decision," Christie said. "We shouldn't be giving this DOPE the amount of airtime we've given him already."

So basically Christie doesn't care for Mehta, huh? I'll give the Governor one point: he does know a thing or two about standing in front of the press and being badgered by reporters.

“As somebody who stands in front of the press asking you questions, what's he supposed to say at that point?" Christie said. "He tried to defend the decision, and people keep yelling at him, so he had enough of the BS. He's like, ‘Enough, I've given you my answer.' There comes a point, Craig, sometimes, with you people in the media, where you just have to say, ‘Hey, that's my answer. You think it's stupid, you don't like it, then say that. But leave me alone.'”

That's a fair point. Here's my counterpoint: Rex doesn't deflect the questions well enough. Do you see people doing this to Tom Coughlin? Or Bill Belichick? Hell no. Those guys stonewall the media or get angry enough that people relax with the line of questioning.

Rex looked like he was teetering on the edge of going Full Jim Mora on us and ranting about something insane. He came pretty close with the whole backward dance thing.

And it's only the preseason, which means we should be seeing a lot of this moving forward. Unless Christie can pass some law that bans Manish from Rex's pressers.

It must take a special type of idiot sports writer to be ripped by the Governor of New Jersey.

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Rex's press conference was uncomfortable viewing, but I'm with Chris Christie on this. Not often you find a Republic politician talking sense!!!!

#3 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

"First off, I'm pretty sure a lot of Jets fans DO care what Manish has to say, since, you know, he covers the Jets for a living and generally has very good information on them. "

I don't. In fact I follow Seth Walder on twitter and even though Seth seems to like Manish, Manish is just Seth's, and everyoine else's, Mynah Bird. When Manish does have an original thought he is usually wrong. I'm very close to unfollowing Seth because sometimes he retweets Manish's retweets. Manish was on Sirius NFL Radio the other day. They interview beat writers to get inside information or just things they havent heard or reported themselves. Manish had nothing original to offer.. He and the rest of the NY press core are a bunch sound byte grubbing tabloid whores. Thier one and only purpose is to represent the fans and ask the questions we can't. Not push the person at the potium over the edge. I'm reminded of the playoff game Joba Chamberlain pitched in when he was overcome by lake flies in Cleveland. Thats how Rex most likely felt.

#4 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

I got to give it Christie. He's a Cowboys fan, but he attacks the Jets beat writer that many Jets fans can't stand....during an election year. He's a great politician, he really knows how to tap into the way his constituency is thinking. The Jets always came off to me as the more blue collar team between them and the Giants. And Christie probably knows that. He almost had me buying his act though...or maybe he's being honest and I'm just too cynical.

It's funny Christie called somebody else "self-consumed." Coming from the guy who scheduled the special election for the senate three weeks before the already scheduled November election. All because he didn't want to be on the same ballot as Cory Booker, who would've drawn more Democrats to the polls and hurt his (Christie's) chances of a landslide victory. This is all after he said he wouldn't waste tax payer's money doing that (having two elections close together).
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 August 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

I got to give it Christie. He's a Cowboys fan, but he attacks the Jets beat writer that many Jets fans can't stand....during an election year. He's a great politician, he really knows how to tap into the way his constituency is thinking. The Jets always came off to me as the more blue collar team between them and the Giants. And Christie probably knows that. He almost had me buying his act though...or maybe he's being honest and I'm just too cynical.

It's funny Christie called somebody else "self-consumed." Coming from the guy who scheduled the special election for the senate three weeks before the already scheduled November election. All because he didn't want to be on the same ballot as Cory Booker, who would've drawn more Democrats to the polls and hurt his (Christie's) chances of a landslide victory. This is all after he said he wouldn't waste tax payer's money doing that (having two elections close together).

Christie>>>>>>>>Obama
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Can he take on Rich Cimini next, please? Can't f***ing stand that guy...
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

View Postwichitacommish, on 26 August 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

"First off, I'm pretty sure a lot of Jets fans DO care what Manish has to say, since, you know, he covers the Jets for a living and generally has very good information on them. "

I don't. In fact I follow Seth Walder on twitter and even though Seth seems to like Manish, Manish is just Seth's, and everyoine else's, Mynah Bird. When Manish does have an original thought he is usually wrong. I'm very close to unfollowing Seth because sometimes he retweets Manish's retweets. Manish was on Sirius NFL Radio the other day. They interview beat writers to get inside information or just things they havent heard or reported themselves. Manish had nothing original to offer.. He and the rest of the NY press core are a bunch sound byte grubbing tabloid whores. Thier one and only purpose is to represent the fans and ask the questions we can't. Not push the person at the potium over the edge. I'm reminded of the playoff game Joba Chamberlain pitched in when he was overcome by lake flies in Cleveland. Thats how Rex most likely felt.

I no longer follow or pay attention to Manish. He has become a shock jock type of reporter.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 August 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Christie>>>>>>>>Obama

Christie is going to be the next President. That "I don't give a damn" comment during Sandy is going to be the soundbyte that carries him to the White House. Since Mr Jet doesn't care about candidates, but just wants the Dems to win he's just sharpenning up on his hate.

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 27 August 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Christie is going to be the next President. That "I don't give a damn" comment during Sandy is going to be the soundbyte that carries him to the White House. Since Mr Jet doesn't care about candidates, but just wants the Dems to win he's just sharpenning up on his hate.

Chris Christie is too thin skinned to be able to successfully withstand the scrutiny a two year presidential campaign. If he can't even handle a teacher in a town hall meeting without having a temper tantrum; there is no way he could handle the mud national Republicans or the Clinton machine would throw at him. No that "f*** you I'll shake hands with whomever I want" attitude towards the Obama haters in the Republican party isn't going to help him in Iowa and South Carolina in 2016. The only reason Christie won in 2009 was because Jon Corzine is a corrupt piece of shit that even I wouldn't have even voted for. And even then he only beat Corzine by less than 100,000 votes with almost 2.5 million total votes cast. But maybe you're right the guy who praised and thanked President Obama for his help is going to win over the "he was born in Kenya" crowd in the GOP primaries. :rolleyes:

But it's cute that you think you know who the next president will be. In 2005 most people thought it was going to be Hillary Clinton versus Rudy 9iul1an1 in 2008. Right now I'm more concerned about the waterboy down in Florida than I am about Sherman Klump over in New Jersey.

Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 August 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

If he can't even handle a teacher in a town hall meeting without having a temper tantrum; Posted Image

Obama is the king of the tantrums. He seems to be president.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Manish mehta is the Miley Cyrus of sports reporting
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#13 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 27 August 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

So true. Unfortunately, there are too many scumbags and illegals allowed to vote so Christie will not win the White House. Too many people with their hands out and Killary will just go on giving it to them like the douchebag we currently have. Christie is too genuine and tells people like it is so he will unfortunately not win the presidency. If only he would, the country could actually begin a comeback but that won't happen for at least another 6 years. We're still stuck with bozo for another 2 and then the "entitlement" generation will only vote in another idiot that'll raise the national debt another 6 trillion in their first 4 yrs following O-dipshit's lead.

As for Manish........he's ALMOST as big of a joke as the Pretender-In-Chief.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 27 August 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Yeah that's why he's called "no drama Obama." Show me an example of a tantrum he's thrown. Show me. I've never heard him tell somebody to shut up or call somebody an idiot. But I'd love to see some proof of all those tantrums he's thrown since he's the alleged king of them.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 August 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah that's why he's called "no drama Obama." Show me an example of a tantrum he's thrown. Show me. I've never heard him tell somebody to shut up or call somebody an idiot. But I'd love to see some proof of all those tantrums he's thrown since he's the alleged king of them.

http://www.breitbart...-Control-Defeat

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uRLi0nzvN20

http://www.snopes.co...os/kickdoor.asp

http://www.veteransn...ia-and-snowden/

http://www.metacafe...._on_cell_phone/

http://conservativeb...on-world-stage/

http://twitchy.com/2...rum-pics-video/

Posted Image

https://pbs.twimg.co...3VeCUAA9-Rh.jpg

Posted Image

So on and so forth.. Again your wrong...

A tantrum or temper tantrum is an emotional outbreak, usually associated with children or those in emotional distress, that is typically characterized by stubbornness, crying, screaming, defiance, angry ranting, a resistance to attempts at pacification and, at some cases, hitting. Physical control may be lost, the person may be unable to remain still, and even if the "goal" of the person is met he or she may not be calmed.[1][2][3][4][5] A tantrum may be expressed in a tirade: a protracted, angry, or violent speech.[1][2]

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

A thousand syllables of Mr Jet's vernacular empire descend upon you. Their mass will blot out the sun!

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Welp, you guys have only yourselves to thank.

It's football season, we don't need bitches talking about politics on here.

Locked.

#18 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

I moved Mr_Jet's response to The Man Show - http://nyjetsfan.com...7&pid=351701&st . Carry on.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users