NYJetsFan.com Forums: Espn Has Jets Dead Last - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Today, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Espn Has Jets Dead Last

#1 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...-jets-dead-last

Seahawks
11-5

--

Last Week: 1 Russell Wilson and a dominant defense get headlines, but Marshawn Lynch and rookie Christine Michael will give the Seahawks balance. It's Super Bowl or bust in Seattle.

Falcons
13-3

Last Week: 4 The best offensive skill players in the league won't matter if the offensive line struggles. The departures of Todd McClure and Tyson Clabo leave big holes to fill up front.

49ers
11-4-1

Last Week: 2 No Michael Crabtree hurts, but Anquan Boldin and rookie Quinton Patton look ready. As for the defense, rookie Eric Reid, Glenn Dorsey and Nnamdi Asomugha join an already fearsome unit.

Broncos
13-3

Last Week: 3 Missing Von Miller for six games will hurt, especially with Elvis Dumervil in Baltimore. At least the Broncos' offense looks more than capable of picking up the slack.

Packers
11-5

--

Last Week: 5 The Packers haven't had a 100-yard rusher in 43 straight regular-season games, more than twice as long as any other team. Is Eddie Lacy or Johnathan Franklin the answer?

Patriots
12-4

--

Last Week: 6 With Gronk's injury and Wes Welker gone, the Pats' offense rests on Tom Brady's chemistry with undrafted rookies Zach Sudfeld and Kenbrell Thompkins.

Texans
12-4

--

Last Week: 7 How healthy is Arian Foster? Foster's 15 rushing touchdowns led the league last season, but his yards-per-rush average has dropped each year since 2010.

Ravens
10-6

--

Last Week: 8 Baltimore lost six Super Bowl starters and Paul Kruger on defense, but quietly reloaded. A defensive draft, plus Elvis Dumervil and Daryl Smith, will keep the Ravens' D formidable.

Bengals
10-6

--

Last Week: 9 Andy Dalton has to handle the blitz better to win in the AFC North. Dalton was sacked a league-high 20 times facing at least five rushers last season.

Redskins
10-6

Last Week: 11 Will the Redskins change their offense to protect RG III? Griffin was hit 101 times between sacks and rushes last season, second to Cam Newton among quarterbacks.

Colts
11-5

Last Week: 10 New offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton established the run at Stanford to open up his tight ends in the passing game. Expect big things from Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener.

Giants
9-7

--

Last Week: 12 As injuries pile up for Big Blue, no unit has been hit harder than the offensive line. Playing without center David Baas and tackle David Diehl will be tough.

Saints
7-9

Last Week: 14 Rob Ryan wants to bring the blitz back to New Orleans. The Saints sent added pressure on half of drop-backs from 2009-11, most in the league.

Bears
10-6

Last Week: 13 New offensive-minded head coach Marc Trestman has work to do. The Bears' offense has finished above the bottom 10 in total yards once in the past 11 years.

Rams
7-8-1

--

Last Week: 15 With upgrades at tackle, tight end and hopefully wide receiver, how long is Sam Bradford's leash? Bradford has never finished a season above 21st in Total QBR.

Steelers
8-8

--

Last Week: 16 Guy Whimper is the only offseason addition for the Steelers' offensive line, which produced a league-worst 1.7 yards before contact per rush last season.

Vikings
10-6

--

Last Week: 17 Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing record survived Adrian Peterson's onslaught by 8 yards last year. In 2013, it might not be so lucky.

Cowboys
8-8

Last Week: 20 The defense ranked last in QBR allowed on throws deeper than 10 yards downfield last season. Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 will help cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne.

Chiefs
2-14

Last Week: 22 Andy Reid's Chiefs are more talented than last year's 2-14 record indicates. Top pick Eric Fisher, Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe provide a foundation for offensive improvement.

Dolphins
7-9

Last Week: 18 Ryan Tannehill has a new toy. No player has more receiving touchdowns at least 20 yards downfield since 2009 than new Dolphins wideout Mike Wallace.

Lions
4-12

Last Week: 24 Get in the end zone! Lions receivers were tackled 23 times at or inside the 5-yard line, at least five more than anyone else.

Buccaneers
7-9

Last Week: 19 In a division with Brees, Ryan and Newton, it's no surprise the Bucs upgraded defensive backs. Darrelle Revis, Dashon Goldson and Johnthan Banks will fortify the secondary.

Panthers
7-9

Last Week: 21 Panthers running backs are the sixth-most expensive unit in the league, yet QB Cam Newton led the team in rush yards and touchdowns. Carolina needs more from its rushing unit.

Chargers
7-9

Last Week: 23 With limited offensive weapons and seven defensive starters gone from Week 1 last season, new coach Mike McCoy faces a transition year.

Eagles
4-12

--

Last Week: 25 The Chip Kelly experiment begins with Michael Vick under center. Kelly's Oregon team averaged 20.9 seconds per play last season, four seconds faster than the NFL's fastest team (Patriots).

Cardinals
5-11

--

Last Week: 26 Not a good start for the revamped offensive line. Guard Jonathan Cooper, Arizona's seventh overall pick in April, will miss the season with a broken leg.

Titans
6-10

--

Last Week: 27 Chance Warmack and Andy Levitre will beef up the Titans' offensive line, but consistency under center is a problem. Jake Locker has never played 12 games in a season.

Browns
5-11

--

Last Week: 28 Brandon Weeden had the fifth-worst Total QBR on throws at least 15 yards downfield last year, but new offensive coordinator Norv Turner isn't shy about throwing deep.

Jaguars
2-14

Last Week: 31 The Jaguars ranked 28th in Total QBR and last in QBR allowed last year. Luke Joeckel is a building block for a team with plenty of room for improvement.

Bills
6-10

--

Last Week: 30 Jeff Tuel is the starter (for now). Tuel ranked 64th in FBS in opponent-adjusted Total QBR last season at Washington State and gets the Pats in Week 1.

Raiders
4-12

Last Week: 29 The Raiders' defense had a league-low 12 sacks with four or fewer rushers last season. That's just one problem of many on both sides of the ball.

Jets
6-10

--

Last Week: 32 Muhammad Wilkerson is a bright spot for Gang Green. Wilkerson's 70 tackles last year trailed only J.J. Watt among defensive linemen. Other than that, it's not pretty.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

16-0
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Queue the "we get no respect!!" posts
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

lol were bad,but noway are we worse then cle, jax, buff, oak, arizona. I'd say bere maybe bottom 6-8 but not even bottom 5 let along last
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

f*** them!! The best thing about the NFL is any team can turn it all around in 1 year.

I cant wait for Sunday!! Time to start to shock the world from worst to first. LETS GO JETS!!!
[img][/img]

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

They wouldn't get the buzz if they put the Jaguars or Raiders last.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Honestly I feel this is spot on. A lot of you guys are being homers without even realizing it. This team is terrible. No way in hell they compete for a damn thing. If I am wrong I will happily eat my crow but Like I've been saying in the shower box I only see a 4-12 season at the very best
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 03 September 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Honestly I feel this is spot on. A lot of you guys are being homers without even realizing it. This team is terrible. No way in hell they compete for a damn thing. If I am wrong I will happily eat my crow but Like I've been saying in the shower box I only see a 4-12 season at the very best

So you think we are the worst team in the league?

I fail to see how we got worse from last season.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 September 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

So you think we are the worst team in the league?

The Jets are awful enough that I'm not going to dispute the ranking. You definitely can't say you improved your team over the course of an offseason if you traded away the best defensive player in the game. If I were putting something like this together I would probably have them between 29-31. That's not to say that it is somebody's specific fault that's currently with the team or anything like that, but It is going to take an absolute ton of time to get this team back to a respectable level. I like the small steps that are being taken so far, it just isn't the Jets time
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think how good we are all depends on the QB. If he makes mistakes like in years past, that will hurt us. We lost some games last year due to bad QB play, but our offensive scheme was also by far the worst in the league. A lot is yet to be determined, but I'm not going to give up on this season just because the media says so. Anything can happen and I really believe that we have a good coaching staff in place. If we were to ahve the 1st pick, last year was the year with how bad things were.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

OH WOW, The Pats are going 12-4? That is f***ing hilarious, and I say that because of the injuries and loss of personnel!?

That just shows that ESPN is sucking on Brady's Cock as usual.

#12 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

I hope the Jets win the first two just to see how much of a jump they make. I'm stick with my usual prediction - 16-0 and #32 will be their pick in the 2014 Draft. I may be wrong but f*** being a pessimistic fan, I have other things in my life to be stressed over. Go Jets!

#13 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 03 September 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

The Jets are awful enough that I'm not going to dispute the ranking. You definitely can't say you improved your team over the course of an offseason if you traded away the best defensive player in the game. If I were putting something like this together I would probably have them between 29-31. That's not to say that it is somebody's specific fault that's currently with the team or anything like that, but It is going to take an absolute ton of time to get this team back to a respectable level. I like the small steps that are being taken so far, it just isn't the Jets time

While I agree with most f your points, trading away Revis is irrelevant when comparing last years team to this years. Revis didn't appear but in a few games and we still won 6. Our defense will be light years better than last years team w the addition of dee( replacing wilson who is god awful) and Richardson. Losing Bart Scott and Bryan Thomas instantly made our LB's corps much better. I honestly think the D will keep us in games and we finish with 7 or 8 wins.

I fully expect our offense to be terrible but with the additions of Marty and some new players who knows who could break out? Besides our schedule is weak as shit.

#14 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

didnt they rank as just as bad Sanchez's first two years,let them!!! Ride that disrespect all the way to the Superbowl!

#15 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

I could care less what ESPN thinks really. No need to get bent out of shape. The Jets have a lot to prove and just like any team ....no one really knows how they will finish the season record wise. If Geno gets really good the team could do well.If not we could match last year if not worse.We shall see.

One thing I still dont understand though is why the media was riding Sanchez`s nuts so much after being so against him before he got injured. He sure as heck didn't light it up in the preseason with 2 td`s and 2 int`s and that's with playing almost a whole game in game 2. Geno looked better even though he had only 1 td and 3 int`s but if you go by stats alone both sucked so I'm baffled why the media acted like it was such a great loss with Sanchez being injured. Sanchez isn't our future. Whether Geno is time will tell.

#16 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

We are bad no doubt but I don't think we're the worst

#17 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostChaos, on 03 September 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I hope the Jets win the first two just to see how much of a jump they make. I'm stick with my usual prediction - 16-0 and #32 will be their pick in the 2014 Draft. I may be wrong but f*** being a pessimistic fan, I have other things in my life to be stressed over. Go Jets!

some people just enjoy the agony haha
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users