NYJetsFan.com Forums: Interetsing Geno Smith Stat From Espn - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Today, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Interetsing Geno Smith Stat From Espn

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Geno Smith was off target on four of 38 pass attempts (11 percent) in his debut. Mark Sanchez missed on 22 percent of his throws last year, fourth highest among qualified QBs.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Geno has more talent than Sanchez. He has a better arm and is more athletic. He makes me more excited for this season.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 10 September 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Geno has more talent than Sanchez. He has a better arm and is more athletic. He makes me more excited for this season.

if true, why was egno a 2nd round prospect and sanchez a 1st? sure geno might turn out a better QB, but there is a reaosn he wasn't sought after
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 September 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

if true, why was egno a 2nd round prospect and sanchez a 1st? sure geno might turn out a better QB, but there is a reaosn he wasn't sought after

Teams not wanting to draft a QB. And there were questions about Geno's intangibles. Remember, the Jets thought about drafting him in the 1st round. I'm glad they didn't and got Sheldon Richardson and still got Geno in round 2.

I don't think its debatable that Geno is more athletic and has a better arm than Sanchez.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I just ran through the jets rewind vs the bucs. Unfortunately i see a lot of sanchez in geno. Geno has more of a zip with some of his throws but i dont see anything significantly better then sanchez. Lets just hope he keeps making good decisions and not putting the ball on the ground. Even though he did fumble vs the bucs and also had a couple sloppy sacks.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postsantana, on 10 September 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

I just ran through the jets rewind vs the bucs. Unfortunately i see a lot of sanchez in geno. Geno has more of a zip with some of his throws but i dont see anything significantly better then sanchez. Lets just hope he keeps making good decisions and not putting the ball on the ground. Even though he did fumble vs the bucs and also had a couple sloppy sacks.

What reminds you of Sanchez? I didn't see it. Geno actually knew how to slide, something Sanchez had to be taught to do. Geno placed the ball better on guys and threw with more zip. He didn't force passes in as much either. He completed over 60% of his passes with no run game. He actually knew how to throw a screen pass, something Sanchez never been able to do. And he is able to run, he had almost 50 yards rushing. Sanchez pretty much never ran.

His field vision isn't there yet, but it was his first start. It takes years to develop great field vision.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 September 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Cus the Jets are the only morons to trade up for a qb whose stock only rose through meetings in the final days before the draft, and had NOTHING to do with what he could do on the field.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 10 September 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

What reminds you of Sanchez? I didn't see it. Geno actually knew how to slide, something Sanchez had to be taught to do. Geno placed the ball better on guys and threw with more zip. He didn't force passes in as much either. He completed over 60% of his passes with no run game. He actually knew how to throw a screen pass, something Sanchez never been able to do. And he is able to run, he had almost 50 yards rushing. Sanchez pretty much never ran.

His field vision isn't there yet, but it was his first start. It takes years to develop great field vision.

I agree... Its the mistakes that look like sanchez maybe i'm just traumatized and I'm having vietnam style flash backs. Its only been one game anyway. Playing the pats is going to be rough on geno.. hes still just a rookie.

#9 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I've been pretty critical of the guy but regardless of how good or bad geno will become, he has something that sanchez just doesn't have anymore or maybe never did. Confidence. I still would have preferred sanchez started the season off in a perfect world which would have allowed geno to sit back and learn but it is what it is. Hopefully this works out for the jets but on just that aspect alone, it's nice to see that we have a young prospect that can show some confidence in himself. He didn't look nearly as lost as sanchez did towards the end of last season.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I think you need to get off the wacky weed.
There are no similarities between the two.

First off Geno already looks better than Sanchez does after 4 years. Next Geno`s passes are far more accurate by miles than Sanchez passes. People are giving Hill and the other receivers props for catching the ball like they got better this year. I dont see it that way. From my point of view I see Geno putting the ball where it needs to be more often than not making it easier for the receivers to catch the ball. With Mark on every pass he threw you never knew where the ball would be(on target, over thrown,under thrown, to low, to high, behind, or to far in front.It was like a guessing game with Mark`s passes.Mark made it hard as heck on the receivers to catch the ball.Most of the time with Mark he put the receivers in very bad positions and they either had to make a hard or miracle catch or worry about being destroyed from Mark putting them in bad positions where they got hit hard.

Also how often has Sanchez have over 60% completion which is the league average? Almost never. Heck without even looking I highly doubt Sanchez has managed even 60% completion in ten total games in all 4 years combined.And another thing is Geno completed over 60% against a good team. Mark could never do that. Any time Mark completed over 60% it was never ever against a good team...only sh*tty teams.

Another thing I noticed is Geno isn't hesitating with the pass like Mark usually did and Geno isn't throwing the ball late like Mark almost always did.

As far as the sacks.... are you kidding me???? That fumble wasn't his fault. We have Howard who is doing ok but he isn't sure as heck isn't great and next we have Ducasse who looked like total sh*t last year. I dont trust him as a starter one bit.More often than not Geno was under constant pressure and the o-line was eaten alive by the Bucs. The poor running game is another reason for that.

Mark is like night and day from Geno. If Mark would have played that game with the pressure the Bucs had the Jets would have been totally destroyed and blown out with Mark`s sheepish deer in the head lights look we have all seen many times.

I dont want Mark starting for us again. Geno is already better than Mark so unless he gets injured he should start and grow all season. He proved he could handle the pressure against a nasty defense

Geno may or may not be the future but he reads the defense way better than Mark has after 4 years.

As far as the Pats.... The Jets defense did awesome in shutting down Martin(a top 5 back) but I'm concerned about how bad they got eaten up in the passing game which is Brady`s game. Unless the pass defense does a full 360 by Thursday Brady will destroy us with the pass.

#11 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 September 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I think you need to get off the wacky weed.
There are no similarities between the two.

First off Geno already looks better than Sanchez does after 4 years. Next Geno`s passes are far more accurate by miles than Sanchez passes. People are giving Hill and the other receivers props for catching the ball like they got better this year. I dont see it that way. From my point of view I see Geno putting the ball where it needs to be more often than not making it easier for the receivers to catch the ball. With Mark on every pass he threw you never knew where the ball would be(on target, over thrown,under thrown, to low, to high, behind or to far in front). It was like a guessing game with Mark`s passes.Mark made it hard as heck on the receivers to catch the ball.Most of the time with Mark he put the receivers in very bad positions and they either had to make a hard or miracle catch or worry about being destroyed from Mark putting them in bad positions.

Also how often has Sanchez have over 60% completion which is the league average? Almost never. Heck without even looking I highly doubt Sanchez has managed even 60% completion in ten total games in all 4 years combined.And another thing is Geno completed over 60% against a good team. Mark could never do that. Any time Mark completed over 60% it was never ever against a good team...only sh*tty teams.

Another thing I noticed is Geno isn't hesitating with the pass like Mark usually did and Geno isn't throwing the ball late like Mark almost always did.

As far as the sacks.... are you kidding me???? That fumble wasn't his fault. We have Howard who is doing ok but he isn't sure as heck isn't great and next we have Ducasse who looked like total sh*t last year. I dont trust him as a starter one bit.More often than not Geno was under constant pressure and the o-line was eaten alive by the Bucs. The poor running game is another reason for that.

Mark is like night and day from Geno. If Mark would have played that game with the pressure the Bucs had the Jets would have been totally destroyed and blown out with Mark`s sheepish deer in the head lights look we have all seen many times.

I dont want Mark starting for us again. Geno is already better than Mark so unless he gets injured he should start and grow all season. He proved he could handle the pressure against a nasty defense

Geno may or may not be the future but he reads the defense way better than Mark has after 4 years.

As far as the Pats.... The Jets defense did awesome in shutting down Martin(a top 5 back) but I'm concerned about how bad they got eaten up in the passing game which is Brady`s game. Unless the pass defense does a full 360 by Thursday Brady will destroy us with the pass.

to get through this season we might need all the wacky weed in the tri state area

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

I don't think it's possible to compare the two given the fact that Sanchez has David Carr Syndrome now and that this was Geno's first game. Intangiables aside, Sanchez never had any deficiencies in his arm, other than accuracy issues which I think was more of a system issue rather than his personal one. Geno does have much better mobility and that's what I think will ultimately make him successful. The league is steadily becoming a spread-the-defense-out standard and having a QB that can out run a LBer to the sideline and pick up a first down is going to be important.

#13 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Geno isn't mike vick but he has a element of es-capabilities and this has already created more space for the WR's . Bill belichick will want to blitz him to foil his confidence so we should game plan for the Blitz with screens over each side of the field and not the center of the field that is where Geno can exploit the pressure himself. Pennington and Sanchez those days are gone. we must counter the pats defense . geno has promise but the team will have to help out a lot.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users