NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Likely Done With The Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Sanchez Likely Done With The Jets

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

http://www.usatoday....ndrews/2803067/

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- He is the Sanchise no more.

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez "will require shoulder surgery," and is likely headed for injured reserve, so his stormy career with the team is all but over, a person with knowledge of his condition told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Jets have not announced the extent of Sanchez's injury. The Jets would not comment Thursday on the diagnosis or the course of treatment.

Sanchez injured his shoulder in a preseason game against the New York Giants and sought a second opinion. He was examined Wednesday by Dr. James Andrews, and the surgeon diagnosed the tear and told the quarterback that he had two options -- surgery or rehab.

But Andrews told Sanchez that surgery was the best option, the person said.

Sanchez insisted Thursday that he has chosen treatment for his throwing shoulder, but the person said it's just a matter of time before the surgery is performed.

A second person with knowledge of the situation, who also requested anonymity because the team hasn't addressed the diagnosis, told USA TODAY Sports that Sanchez will continue to rehab his shoulder and no decision has been made about surgery yet, and that surgery is not imminent.
Last week, as Sanchez and the Jets scrambled to get a definitive diagnosis, Sanchez told people around him that he was worried the Jets wanted to place him on IR and "be done with him."

The Jets are allowed to designate one player to return from injured reserve after Week 8, but it's unlikely that would be Sanchez. The team has handed the starting job to rookie Geno Smith, while stockpiling quarterbacks Matt Simms and Brady Quinn.

As Sanchez's career with the Jets is ending, another is just beginning. After helping the Jets pull off an improbable comeback in Week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Smith will make the second start of his career Thursday night, when the Jets face the New England Patriots in Foxborough, Mass.

Sanchez appeared for the start of practice Tuesday, throwing only with his left arm. Those could be his last tosses for the Jets with either hand.

When asked last week about possibly putting Sanchez on IR, coach Rex Ryan said the team was not contemplating that at the time, "but absolutely things can change."

General manager John Idzik, in his most recent comments on Sanchez on Sept. 4, said: "No, we're not looking at that. We're looking at Mark continuing to rehab. We said it's day-to-day. It's very unpredictable sometimes. Mark knows his body better than anybody else. He's working very hard and so hopefully we'll get him back here soon."

Before visiting Andrews, Sanchez said, "We're getting every opinion possible. I think it's prudent."

Sanchez's diagnosis was first reported by ESPN, which also said surgery was "likely," but Sanchez quickly responded by saying, "If I needed surgery right now, I never would have left Andrews' office. I would've stayed and got the surgery."

The stumbling block to discarding Sanchez has been his salary. He counts $12.9 million against the 2013 salary cap, and if he is released, he also would count $4.8 million against the cap in 2014.

Before his injury, the Jets might have been able to trade Sanchez, but they likely would have had to absorb most of his contract to make him marketable. The shoulder injury takes that possibility -- which was remote to start -- off the table.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Sanchez is now Pennington Part 2 except for the fact that Pennington was a very good QB before his injuries.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 12 September 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Sanchez is now Pennington Part 2 except for the fact that Pennington was a very good QB before his injuries.

Pennington was a reasonably effective QB after his injuries too. Given his scattergun accuracy, I don't see Sanchez duplicating what Pennington achieved post-injury though.

#4 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

If Sanchez doesn't have this surgery he is a moron.Here is why....

I wont be posting much for a while because I just had right shoulder surgery on September 11th and typing is a b*tch.

Anyway I had a torn labrum just like Sanchez. Its basically just a torn tendon and he can come back 100% healed from if if he has surgery and has no rotator cuff.I tore my labrum like 8 years a go (playing football)and the doctor that saw me then said if I didn't have ton of pain to let it go. So I did and that was the wrong advice. Over the years my shoulder would dislocate more and more to the point where just turning my arm in a circle would make it pop in and out of socket.
When I saw a doctor this time he said that if I didn't get it repaired that the constant dislocating would eventually cause significant damage to the ball and socket joint. Injuries to either of those are a whole different matter and can cause problems the rest of your life especially if you have to have replacements.

Anyway with the field that Sanchez is in (football)rehabbing is the wrong decision because he will have dislocating problems much faster because he is putting much more stress on his shoulder throwing the ball.He needs to have the surgery unless he is going to just give up football and never throw footballs anymore.

This surgery isn't that bad really. Nothing compared to my back surgeries. More of an ache than anything. The worst part is your arm is pretty much immobilized in a brace for 6 weeks so you are basically one armed for that period.

The Labrum
To compensate for the shallow socket, the shoulder joint has a cuff of cartilage called a labrum that forms a cup for the end of the arm bone (humerus) to move within. The labrum circles the shallow shoulder socket (the glenoid) to make the socket deeper. This cuff of cartilage makes the shoulder joint much more stable, and allows for a very wide range of movements (in fact, the range of movements your shoulder can make far exceeds any other joint in the body).

The labrum is made of a thick tissue that is susceptible to injury with trauma to the shoulder joint. When a patient sustains a shoulder injury, it is possible that the patient has a labral tear. The labrum also becomes more brittle with age, and can fray and tear as part of the aging process.
Symptoms of a Torn Labrum
Symptoms of a labral tear depend on where the tear is located, but may include:

An aching sensation in the shoulder joint
Catching of the shoulder with movement
Pain with specific activities

In addition, some types of labral tears, specifically a Bankart lesion, can increase the potential for shoulder dislocations.

#5 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 15 September 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

The worst part is your arm is pretty much immobilized in a brace for 6 weeks so you are basically one armed for that period.

Will absolutely agree with that part. My right arm's been in a half cast & wrap since the first week of August. Completely sucks!! Ruptured 2 3/4 of the 3 tendons that tie the triceps to the elbow. Now 5 anchors and a screw later, I get to still be in this shit for another 2 weeks then and adjustable / dial brace for another 6-8 weeks while they adjust the arm 10-15 degrees every other week prior to starting rehab.

Sanchez needs to have the shoulder surgery NOW in order to rehab and get any chance in hell of signing with anyone next season.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users