NYJetsFan.com Forums: Reactions From Last Nights Game - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Reactions From Last Nights Game

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Offense:

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Last night we saw a future first ballot HOFer and likely Top 3 All Time QB looks average because he was surrounded by guys who ran shitty routes and can't catch the ball. That's been our mantra for the last 3 years and it's getting old. Geno can take the blame for the INTs, which he should because those 3 throws were terrible, but he's a rookie starting his first game on the road & the offense needed to pick him up. Gates is fast becoming Clowney 2.0, a preseason MVP who shrinks when it matters. Hill needs a new set of hands. Even the "nice" catch that he made late in the game was a body catch. I'm not even going to go into that fumble, which essentially was the difference in the ballgame. Our best WR is Holmes. When your best skill position player is a diva coming off of a major injury, you're going to have a bad time. You can almost see Sanchez smirking on the sideline thinking "At least this kid has an OC..." which brings me to my next point:

WTF Marty?! Ivory was averaging 4.7 YPC. When you saw him in the huddle, the Pats D line was petrified. You know how many carries Ivory got in the 4th Q? ONE!!! That's crazy in it of itself, then when you add that you're starting a rookie on the road in a monsoon, Ivory should've had 10-12 more carries than he did. Speaking of ugly, you know how you go to a club and see a good looking chick hanging out with a fat girl? Then you see that same good looking chick without the fat girl and all of a sudden, she's not that good looking anymore? That's Powell. Last season compared to Greene he looked like a marginal starter. So far this season, he looks like Thomas Jones without a second gear. Powell might have the slowest first step of all teh RBs I've seen. He has to race to the hole because he's so damn slow out of his stance. How he got more than double the carries Ivory got is beyond me. I understand that he's a better passblocker, that's cool. Bring him in on 3rd downs then. There's no reason he is taking carries away from Ivory. Some people complain about the gameplan, but that's neither here nor there. If the WRs make half those catches (Gates, Hill & Spadola) no one is complaining because we're moving the ball.

It wasn't all bad. I feel like our OL, especially Ducasse, are really coming along. Brick had some bad moments against Chandler Jones, but 2 of those sacks was on Geno. He's going to learn that he isn't in the ACC anymore and he can't wait until 8 MISSISSIPPI to get rid of the ball. I said it at the end of last season and during preseason, Ducasse is looking like the roadgrader we hoped he would be. Still a bad 2nd rounder, but if he keeps this up, he's a good interior OL and one less hole we need to plug in the future.

Can someone put Cumberland's face on a milk carton? I feel like I should report him missing.

Defense:

This wasn't a good showing for our boys. I know the stats looked great but if there's even half a decent WR out there with Edelman, we're going to the half down 21. There was minimal pressure on Brady, even though we brought 4 and 5 rushers on virtually every play. I don't know what happened to Cro, but he's starting to look like shit. Last week he got a pass because V Jax is a beast, but this week he's struggling against UDFAs? He had to grab Thompkins because he fell for his shitty move? Cmon Cro! Milliner looks like Kyle Wilson on his bad day. He never looks for the ball and plays the WR. He's already benched so that tells you that. Wilson had a decent game in the slot, which is what he is. I wish he'd step up and becoming something more than a 3rd CB on a team with 1 CB but that's why Mike T is working in a TV studio now. I'm not going to mention the safeties because they didn't get tested. I don't think Brady even targeted his TE once.

The Run D so far has been a pleasant surprise and Davis looks like he's really coming into his own. His speed was on display in Week 1 and last night he really stepped up in the Run D. Hopefully Q comes back sooner rather than later and we get an edge rusher... but we've been saying that since the Abraham trade.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think Darrin Walls is a better CB than Dee Milliner is right now. Walls has looked good whenever hes in. Milliner should of had a FF last night though

Edelman wasn't even impressive last night. Guy had 13 catches for 78 yards. 6 ypc isn't impressive.

We missed Jeremy Kerley last night, hopefully he returns next week.

And where were our TEs? They need to do more.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Besides the point that we were playing in enemy territory, the fact that the JETS would pretty much have to play perfect ball to get a W up there, sucks even more cause it's not just the patriots the JETS have to scheme for but they have to play against the Referees.

If this team is to improve, one thing that needs to change on the offensive side of the ball is the WR's need to STOP trying to catch the ball with their chests and start catching the ball with their damn hands like any normal WR does in the NFL.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

second hand get up into the booth and tell it .like it is . just goes to show that you can't play with perfection if you can't get to practice in the NFL these days . you can't just put any players on a roster and expect them to hum like a machine.
these kid WR are going to have to put in extra time, their own time on the filed and in the class room. the OL & DL didn't stink they will become a solid group in a few more weeks . Geno has good air about Him but is a bit raw still , now is the time to bring in Chad for help playing the position .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

:ranting:
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 September 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Offense:

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. (HAHAHAHAHA) Great opening line!!
Last night we saw a future first ballot HOFer and likely Top 3 All Time QB looks average because he was surrounded by guys who ran shitty routes and can't catch the ball. That's been our mantra for the last 3 years and it's getting old. Geno can take the blame for the INTs, which he should because those 3 throws were terrible, but he's a rookie starting his first game on the road & the offense needed to pick him up. Gates is fast becoming Clowney 2.0, a preseason MVP who shrinks when it matters. Hill needs a new set of hands. Even the "nice" catch that he made late in the game was a body catch. I'm not even going to go into that fumble, which essentially was the difference in the ballgame. Our best WR is Holmes. When your best skill position player is a diva coming off of a major injury, you're going to have a bad time. You can almost see Sanchez smirking on the sideline thinking "At least this kid has an OC..." which brings me to my next point:

WTF Marty?! Ivory was averaging 4.7 YPC. When you saw him in the huddle, the Pats D line was petrified. You know how many carries Ivory got in the 4th Q? ONE!!! That's crazy in it of itself, then when you add that you're starting a rookie on the road in a monsoon, Ivory should've had 10-12 more carries than he did. Speaking of ugly, you know how you go to a club and see a good looking chick hanging out with a fat girl? Then you see that same good looking chick without the fat girl and all of a sudden, she's not that good looking anymore? That's Powell. Last season compared to Greene he looked like a marginal starter. So far this season, he looks like Thomas Jones without a second gear. Powell might have the slowest first step of all teh RBs I've seen. He has to race to the hole because he's so damn slow out of his stance. How he got more than double the carries Ivory got is beyond me. I understand that he's a better passblocker, that's cool. Bring him in on 3rd downs then. There's no reason he is taking carries away from Ivory. Some people complain about the gameplan, but that's neither here nor there. If the WRs make half those catches (Gates, Hill & Spadola) no one is complaining because we're moving the ball.

I agree here. It went downhill in the 2nd QTR, when he called 7 consecutive pass plays. (they were all incomplete or minimal gain I belive) I really felt that the tide changed a little here.

It wasn't all bad. I feel like our OL, especially Ducasse, are really coming along. Brick had some bad moments against Chandler Jones, but 2 of those sacks was on Geno. He's going to learn that he isn't in the ACC anymore and he can't wait until 8 MISSISSIPPI to get rid of the ball. I said it at the end of last season and during preseason, Ducasse is looking like the roadgrader we hoped he would be. Still a bad 2nd rounder, but if he keeps this up, he's a good interior OL and one less hole we need to plug in the future.

Can someone put Cumberland's face on a milk carton? I feel like I should report him missing.

Defense:

This wasn't a good showing for our boys. I know the stats looked great but if there's even half a decent WR out there with Edelman, we're going to the half down 21. There was minimal pressure on Brady, even though we brought 4 and 5 rushers on virtually every play. I don't know what happened to Cro, but he's starting to look like shit. Last week he got a pass because V Jax is a beast, but this week he's struggling against UDFAs? He had to grab Thompkins because he fell for his shitty move? Cmon Cro! Milliner looks like Kyle Wilson on his bad day. He never looks for the ball and plays the WR. He's already benched so that tells you that. Wilson had a decent game in the slot, which is what he is. I wish he'd step up and becoming something more than a 3rd CB on a team with 1 CB but that's why Mike T is working in a TV studio now. I'm not going to mention the safeties because they didn't get tested. I don't think Brady even targeted his TE once.

The Run D so far has been a pleasant surprise and Davis looks like he's really coming into his own. His speed was on display in Week 1 and last night he really stepped up in the Run D. Hopefully Q comes back sooner rather than later and we get an edge rusher... but we've been saying that since the Abraham trade.

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

As refreshing as Mornhinweg is after a season with Sparano, he really needs to stick to the run if it's working. Geno was throwing way too much other there when Ivory and Bilal were doing fine running the rock. Makes no sense to me.

#8 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I saw "reaction to last night" and all i thought was "Of Breaking Bad?" If that was the case, I would of gone off on how amazing that show f***ing was

#9 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostChaos, on 16 September 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

As refreshing as Mornhinweg is after a season with Sparano, he really needs to stick to the run if it's working. Geno was throwing way too much other there when Ivory and Bilal were doing fine running the rock. Makes no sense to me.

I don't think marty's brain is wired that way. Even with top notch runners in philly they would still throw it 40+ times a game.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 September 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Offense:

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Last night we saw a future first ballot HOFer and likely Top 3 All Time QB looks average because he was surrounded by guys who ran shitty routes and can't catch the ball. That's been our mantra for the last 3 years and it's getting old. Geno can take the blame for the INTs, which he should because those 3 throws were terrible, but he's a rookie starting his first game on the road & the offense needed to pick him up. Gates is fast becoming Clowney 2.0, a preseason MVP who shrinks when it matters. Hill needs a new set of hands. Even the "nice" catch that he made late in the game was a body catch. I'm not even going to go into that fumble, which essentially was the difference in the ballgame. Our best WR is Holmes. When your best skill position player is a diva coming off of a major injury, you're going to have a bad time. You can almost see Sanchez smirking on the sideline thinking "At least this kid has an OC..." which brings me to my next point:

Defense:

I'm not one to talk because I make plenty of long posts but its pretty funny and ironic to see SHJ to put his foot up his own a$$.

Unless I'm wrong I'm pretty damn SHJ has stated many times about his "THREE LINE LIMIT FOR READING POSTS AND MAKING POSTS" and anything more is not worth reading.

So what is up with the essay SHJ? According to your own words your post isn't even worth reading or acknowledging.

I'm just ragging you for saying that dumb sh*t in the first place. The way I see it as long as someone makes a post worth reading whats it matter?

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 18 September 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

I'm not one to talk because I make plenty of long posts but its pretty funny and ironic to see SHJ to put his foot up his own a$$.

Unless I'm wrong I'm pretty damn SHJ has stated many times about his "THREE LINE LIMIT FOR READING POSTS AND MAKING POSTS" and anything more is not worth reading.

So what is up with the essay SHJ? According to your own words your post isn't even worth reading or acknowledging.

I'm just ragging you for saying that dumb sh*t in the first place. The way I see it as long as someone makes a post worth reading whats it matter?

Bobby, what are you doing? Why you shitting in your hand and flinging it across the cage? Stop monkeying around. My 3 lines or less rule is specific to Mr Jet and his NON-NFL related debates. If I can read the weekly TMQ articles, I can read almost anything any length football related.

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 September 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Bobby, what are you doing? Why you shitting in your hand and flinging it across the cage? Stop monkeying around. My 3 lines or less rule is specific to Mr Jet and his NON-NFL related debates. If I can read the weekly TMQ articles, I can read almost anything any length football related.

hahah Bobby.

SHJ... you make me chuckle.

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 18 September 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

LoL man. Your comeback was great and funny as hell. I love people with a sense of humor. To bad everyone cant take the fun side. To much fighting over stupid crap and not enough humor like this man.

Sad thing is I always hated the name Bobby when I was younger. All my family members have always to this day called me Bobby so I'm used to it now but anyone else not family related calls me Rob or Robert. So you adding the Bobby in the little kid context like you did made your comment even more funny.

Also thanks for making your three line limit rule clear.

Still was fun messing with you about it though.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users