NYJetsFan.com Forums: Simms Could Start? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (19 January 2017 - 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Simms Could Start?

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,189
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Quote

@AdamSchefter - Within Jets organization, QB Matt Simms has some real support to play. Should Geno Smith struggle, worth watching.

0

#2 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Love it. Can't hurt. Start him week 3. PLEASE. Geno makes me miss Sanchez.
0

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,543
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 15 September 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Love it. Can't hurt. Start him week 3. PLEASE. Geno makes me miss Sanchez.
Yeah I hear you. Bring back a qb that was never anything and not even average when he had almost the best of everything as a team around him. Are you kidding me? Sanchez threw picks almost every game and the offense was stagnant and you are ready to give up on a guy that is a rookie that is learning on the field with far more skill for a loser qb that will never do anything for this team.

If you actually watched Geno instead nof just the stats he is far more accurate than Sanchez ever was with a ton more skill and when the camera is behind him you can actually see Geno`s head moving back and forth across the field scanning for open receivers something Sanchez never has done. Mark always locks on to one receiver whether they are open or not.

Did Geno make mistakes? Sure but the receivers should get more of the blame for dropping on target balls. Especially Gates. Most of Geno`s mistakes were at the end of the game when he was trying to bring the Jets back. He is still learning.
Simms is not starting material. Sanchez had 4 years to prove himself and is at the bottom of the league in most of his stats and the worst rated qb in the league with the most turnovers in total almost every year for a reason.

F*ck Sanchez. He is pathetic. Ive had enough of him and Id take the worst qb in college football over Sanchez at this point just to not have to see that bust play again.

Basically though give Geno a chance. Judging him over 2 games is beyond stupid and you are going to throw out the 3 quarters he looked decent in game two and just focus on the 4th quarter mistakes???? He is still adjusting to reading defenses and NFL game speed. Whether he succeeds or fails he is already ten times better than Sanchez is or will ever be.

I dont get this crying about Sanchez in the preseason either. Geno was 1-3 and Sanchez was 2-2. So Sanchez was obviously sh*tty as hell in the preseason too. And what makes it worse is most of what Sanchez did on the good side of his preseason stats like the tds were against backups and not starters.This injury just made things easier so we dont have to deal with that pathetic qb anymore.
0

#4 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,332
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:El Paso

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think you also have to look at the offensive coordinator.

Sanchez has had 3 Offensive Coordinators in his 5 years, so he has yet to have time to develop any chemistry with. (I do understand Sanchez is struggling so its not all on the OC)

Geno Smith is a rookie QB. He has 2 NFL Starts. He did OK in his first start, but then struggled in week 2, a short week at that. BUT, why would any offensive coordinator in the NFL put
that much on a rookie QB in his second start? Why would you not rely more heavily on aa running game that was doing pretty well? (over 100 yards rushing) Why have the QB dropping back to pass
40+ times? This really worries me. This kid isnt going to grow like this.

So, Simms, Smith, Sanchez or maybe even Tebow (Joking), it doesnt matter, because the playcalling is not a strong suit of this team.
0

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostJSOTF, on 16 September 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I think you also have to look at the offensive coordinator.

Sanchez has had 3 Offensive Coordinators in his 5 years, so he has yet to have time to develop any chemistry with. (I do understand Sanchez is struggling so its not all on the OC)

Geno Smith is a rookie QB. He has 2 NFL Starts. He did OK in his first start, but then struggled in week 2, a short week at that. BUT, why would any offensive coordinator in the NFL put
that much on a rookie QB in his second start? Why would you not rely more heavily on aa running game that was doing pretty well? (over 100 yards rushing) Why have the QB dropping back to pass 40+ times? This really worries me. This kid isnt going to grow like this.

So, Simms, Smith, Sanchez or maybe even Tebow (Joking), it doesnt matter, because the playcalling is not a strong suit of this team.



Because our offensive coordinator likes to pass the ball, that's why. We have one of the more lop-sided pass to run OC's in the NFL. You shouldn't be worried either. Marty is doing a pretty good job. While the players aren't necessarily executing the play calls as of yet, the WRers are actually open. The plays that are called....they are working. First time I've seen this in the last few years. Unfortunately, we have a lack luster group of WRers and RB's, aka skill players. We win on thursday night with a go-to WR. Don't let week 1 fool you, the jets are a rebuilding team with a border-line elite defense. We'll see the jets hanging around in a majority of their games this year but the offense just isn't capable of consistent scoring. I really wish sanchez had an OC like the one we have now, he might have turned into something that resembled a respectable QB.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postextmenace, on 16 September 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Because our offensive coordinator likes to pass the ball, that's why. We have one of the more lop-sided pass to run OC's in the NFL. You shouldn't be worried either. Marty is doing a pretty good job. While the players aren't necessarily executing the play calls as of yet, the WRers are actually open. The plays that are called....they are working. First time I've seen this in the last few years. Unfortunately, we have a lack luster group of WRers and RB's, aka skill players. We win on thursday night with a go-to WR. Don't let week 1 fool you, the jets are a rebuilding team with a border-line elite defense. We'll see the jets hanging around in a majority of their games this year but the offense just isn't capable of consistent scoring. I really wish sanchez had an OC like the one we have now, he might have turned into something that resembled a respectable QB.


what we need is a RB. remember how much of a stud mccoy was in martys system? and westbrook. even when they had no WRs worth a dam they made it work with a mobile QB (mcnabb) and beast RB (westbrook) if we can bring in a stud RB who can catch marty cna run his system. and right now we sure as hell don't have one even close. anyone know of good RBs in the draft that can catch like mccoy?
0

#7 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,332
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:El Paso

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postextmenace, on 16 September 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Because our offensive coordinator likes to pass the ball, that's why. We have one of the more lop-sided pass to run OC's in the NFL. You shouldn't be worried either. Marty is doing a pretty good job. While the players aren't necessarily executing the play calls as of yet, the WRers are actually open. The plays that are called....they are working. First time I've seen this in the last few years. Unfortunately, we have a lack luster group of WRers and RB's, aka skill players. We win on thursday night with a go-to WR. Don't let week 1 fool you, the jets are a rebuilding team with a border-line elite defense. We'll see the jets hanging around in a majority of their games this year but the offense just isn't capable of consistent scoring. I really wish sanchez had an OC like the one we have now, he might have turned into something that resembled a respectable QB.


Yes, I do understand he is a pass happy coach, and I do not have an issue with that, however-comma-, I think he is asking too much of Smith at this current moment. I sincerely beleive Smith will develop, with time, but the JY Jets should be 2-0 right now, because we outplayed NE. You add about 5-8 more run plays in that game, we probably dont have 3 ints and 4 or 5 sacks.

I also wander what Sanchez would be under this OC. But as for now, I think Smith is gonna take the starting job.
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,543
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Sanchez would've been the same no matter who was his coach. As the old saying goes you cant teach speed. Well you cant teach accuracy either. Its one thing if Mark`s accuracy was just a little off but no way in hell can any coach make a qb with horrendous accuracy accurate. Also the same applies to game speed. Sanchez makes all his post snap mistakes (that dont apply to accuracy) because he still hasn't gotten the game speed down.Its easy to see that is his main problem other than accuracy. No coach is going to miraculously make a players brain increase and make the game speed slow down for them.

Sure tweaks to mechanics, changes to diets and exercise as well as practice, game film,teaching, and experience come into play but the fact is everyone has a peak and some people have a peak much higher than others. Sanchez`s issues cant be fixed by a coach. If a coach was able to make major changes with speed, accuracy, and how fast a players mind can think then for one there would almost never be NFL busts and second if the coaches had that kind of ability then they could basically bring in any average athletic joe off the street with the right frame and make them an all pro. College players coming into the NFL constantly state how hard it is to adjust to the NFL game speed and many fail in the NFL just because they cant adjust to the NFL game speed.

So no whether Mark had the same oc or a different one every year ultimately he is the one on the field and he still stares down receivers,cant read defenses and almost always throws to his first option without looking elsewhere. This is a classic symptom of not being able to think fast enough in the pocket. Every single average to great NFL qb in the game has the ability to scan the field and make splt second decisions to change what they do with the ball post snap and where they throw it to. Even if they have sh*tty accuracy they can still make plays and pull rabbit out of their a$$es because they have the game speed down and aren't like a robot on the field that always throws to the first option.

Yes its favorable to have a good running game but there have been many qb`s that have made a decent career passing the ball most of the game with a poor running game. The excuses are old. If Sanchez needs a half decent running game to even have a chance at winning most games he isn't NFL caliber nor ever will be. No high draft qb was ever drafted to just hand the ball off. They are the highest paid player on the team most of the time and they are there for their arm and not for how well they can hand the ball off.




Please just get over Sanchez.Hopes and dreams and wishes with him are all fantasy. Nothing would make him better than he is. His peak has been reached long a go.
0

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,173
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 18 September 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Sanchez would've been the same no matter who was his coach. As the old saying goes you cant teach speed. Well you cant teach accuracy either. Its one thing if Mark`s accuracy was just a little off but no way in hell can any coach make a qb with horrendous accuracy accurate. Also the same applies to game speed. Sanchez makes all his post snap mistakes (that dont apply to accuracy) because he still hasn't gotten the game speed down.Its easy to see that is his main problem other than accuracy. No coach is going to miraculously make a players brain increase and make the game speed slow down for them.

Sure tweaks to mechanics, changes to diets and exercise as well as practice, game film,teaching, and experience come into play but the fact is everyone has a peak and some people have a peak much higher than others. Sanchez`s issues cant be fixed by a coach. If a coach was able to make major changes with speed, accuracy, and how fast a players mind can think then for one there would almost never be NFL busts and second if the coaches had that kind of ability then they could basically bring in any average athletic joe off the street with the right frame and make them an all pro. College players coming into the NFL constantly state how hard it is to adjust to the NFL game speed and many fail in the NFL just because they cant adjust to the NFL game speed.

So no whether Mark had the same oc or a different one every year ultimately he is the one on the field and he still stares down receivers,cant read defenses and almost always throws to his first option without looking elsewhere. This is a classic symptom of not being able to think fast enough in the pocket. Every single average to great NFL qb in the game has the ability to scan the field and make splt second decisions to change what they do with the ball post snap and where they throw it to. Even if they have sh*tty accuracy they can still make plays and pull rabbit out of their a$$es because they have the game speed down and aren't like a robot on the field that always throws to the first option.

Yes its favorable to have a good running game but there have been many qb`s that have made a decent career passing the ball most of the game with a poor running game. The excuses are old. If Sanchez needs a half decent running game to even have a chance at winning most games he isn't NFL caliber nor ever will be. No high draft qb was ever drafted to just hand the ball off. They are the highest paid player on the team most of the time and they are there for their arm and not for how well they can hand the ball off.




Please just get over Sanchez.Hopes and dreams and wishes with him are all fantasy. Nothing would make him better than he is. His peak has been reached long a go.


You would enjoy the big Jets Facebook group that I just got kicked out of... They are all over Sanchez's knob it's hilarious
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,069
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Game speed!!!!!!!!
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users