NYJetsFan.com Forums: Simms Could Start? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Simms Could Start?

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

@AdamSchefter - Within Jets organization, QB Matt Simms has some real support to play. Should Geno Smith struggle, worth watching.

#2 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Love it. Can't hurt. Start him week 3. PLEASE. Geno makes me miss Sanchez.

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 15 September 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Love it. Can't hurt. Start him week 3. PLEASE. Geno makes me miss Sanchez.
Yeah I hear you. Bring back a qb that was never anything and not even average when he had almost the best of everything as a team around him. Are you kidding me? Sanchez threw picks almost every game and the offense was stagnant and you are ready to give up on a guy that is a rookie that is learning on the field with far more skill for a loser qb that will never do anything for this team.

If you actually watched Geno instead nof just the stats he is far more accurate than Sanchez ever was with a ton more skill and when the camera is behind him you can actually see Geno`s head moving back and forth across the field scanning for open receivers something Sanchez never has done. Mark always locks on to one receiver whether they are open or not.

Did Geno make mistakes? Sure but the receivers should get more of the blame for dropping on target balls. Especially Gates. Most of Geno`s mistakes were at the end of the game when he was trying to bring the Jets back. He is still learning.
Simms is not starting material. Sanchez had 4 years to prove himself and is at the bottom of the league in most of his stats and the worst rated qb in the league with the most turnovers in total almost every year for a reason.

F*ck Sanchez. He is pathetic. Ive had enough of him and Id take the worst qb in college football over Sanchez at this point just to not have to see that bust play again.

Basically though give Geno a chance. Judging him over 2 games is beyond stupid and you are going to throw out the 3 quarters he looked decent in game two and just focus on the 4th quarter mistakes???? He is still adjusting to reading defenses and NFL game speed. Whether he succeeds or fails he is already ten times better than Sanchez is or will ever be.

I dont get this crying about Sanchez in the preseason either. Geno was 1-3 and Sanchez was 2-2. So Sanchez was obviously sh*tty as hell in the preseason too. And what makes it worse is most of what Sanchez did on the good side of his preseason stats like the tds were against backups and not starters.This injury just made things easier so we dont have to deal with that pathetic qb anymore.

#4 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think you also have to look at the offensive coordinator.

Sanchez has had 3 Offensive Coordinators in his 5 years, so he has yet to have time to develop any chemistry with. (I do understand Sanchez is struggling so its not all on the OC)

Geno Smith is a rookie QB. He has 2 NFL Starts. He did OK in his first start, but then struggled in week 2, a short week at that. BUT, why would any offensive coordinator in the NFL put
that much on a rookie QB in his second start? Why would you not rely more heavily on aa running game that was doing pretty well? (over 100 yards rushing) Why have the QB dropping back to pass
40+ times? This really worries me. This kid isnt going to grow like this.

So, Simms, Smith, Sanchez or maybe even Tebow (Joking), it doesnt matter, because the playcalling is not a strong suit of this team.

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostJSOTF, on 16 September 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I think you also have to look at the offensive coordinator.

Sanchez has had 3 Offensive Coordinators in his 5 years, so he has yet to have time to develop any chemistry with. (I do understand Sanchez is struggling so its not all on the OC)

Geno Smith is a rookie QB. He has 2 NFL Starts. He did OK in his first start, but then struggled in week 2, a short week at that. BUT, why would any offensive coordinator in the NFL put
that much on a rookie QB in his second start? Why would you not rely more heavily on aa running game that was doing pretty well? (over 100 yards rushing) Why have the QB dropping back to pass 40+ times? This really worries me. This kid isnt going to grow like this.

So, Simms, Smith, Sanchez or maybe even Tebow (Joking), it doesnt matter, because the playcalling is not a strong suit of this team.

Because our offensive coordinator likes to pass the ball, that's why. We have one of the more lop-sided pass to run OC's in the NFL. You shouldn't be worried either. Marty is doing a pretty good job. While the players aren't necessarily executing the play calls as of yet, the WRers are actually open. The plays that are called....they are working. First time I've seen this in the last few years. Unfortunately, we have a lack luster group of WRers and RB's, aka skill players. We win on thursday night with a go-to WR. Don't let week 1 fool you, the jets are a rebuilding team with a border-line elite defense. We'll see the jets hanging around in a majority of their games this year but the offense just isn't capable of consistent scoring. I really wish sanchez had an OC like the one we have now, he might have turned into something that resembled a respectable QB.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postextmenace, on 16 September 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Because our offensive coordinator likes to pass the ball, that's why. We have one of the more lop-sided pass to run OC's in the NFL. You shouldn't be worried either. Marty is doing a pretty good job. While the players aren't necessarily executing the play calls as of yet, the WRers are actually open. The plays that are called....they are working. First time I've seen this in the last few years. Unfortunately, we have a lack luster group of WRers and RB's, aka skill players. We win on thursday night with a go-to WR. Don't let week 1 fool you, the jets are a rebuilding team with a border-line elite defense. We'll see the jets hanging around in a majority of their games this year but the offense just isn't capable of consistent scoring. I really wish sanchez had an OC like the one we have now, he might have turned into something that resembled a respectable QB.

what we need is a RB. remember how much of a stud mccoy was in martys system? and westbrook. even when they had no WRs worth a dam they made it work with a mobile QB (mcnabb) and beast RB (westbrook) if we can bring in a stud RB who can catch marty cna run his system. and right now we sure as hell don't have one even close. anyone know of good RBs in the draft that can catch like mccoy?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postextmenace, on 16 September 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Yes, I do understand he is a pass happy coach, and I do not have an issue with that, however-comma-, I think he is asking too much of Smith at this current moment. I sincerely beleive Smith will develop, with time, but the JY Jets should be 2-0 right now, because we outplayed NE. You add about 5-8 more run plays in that game, we probably dont have 3 ints and 4 or 5 sacks.

I also wander what Sanchez would be under this OC. But as for now, I think Smith is gonna take the starting job.

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Sanchez would've been the same no matter who was his coach. As the old saying goes you cant teach speed. Well you cant teach accuracy either. Its one thing if Mark`s accuracy was just a little off but no way in hell can any coach make a qb with horrendous accuracy accurate. Also the same applies to game speed. Sanchez makes all his post snap mistakes (that dont apply to accuracy) because he still hasn't gotten the game speed down.Its easy to see that is his main problem other than accuracy. No coach is going to miraculously make a players brain increase and make the game speed slow down for them.

Sure tweaks to mechanics, changes to diets and exercise as well as practice, game film,teaching, and experience come into play but the fact is everyone has a peak and some people have a peak much higher than others. Sanchez`s issues cant be fixed by a coach. If a coach was able to make major changes with speed, accuracy, and how fast a players mind can think then for one there would almost never be NFL busts and second if the coaches had that kind of ability then they could basically bring in any average athletic joe off the street with the right frame and make them an all pro. College players coming into the NFL constantly state how hard it is to adjust to the NFL game speed and many fail in the NFL just because they cant adjust to the NFL game speed.

So no whether Mark had the same oc or a different one every year ultimately he is the one on the field and he still stares down receivers,cant read defenses and almost always throws to his first option without looking elsewhere. This is a classic symptom of not being able to think fast enough in the pocket. Every single average to great NFL qb in the game has the ability to scan the field and make splt second decisions to change what they do with the ball post snap and where they throw it to. Even if they have sh*tty accuracy they can still make plays and pull rabbit out of their a$$es because they have the game speed down and aren't like a robot on the field that always throws to the first option.

Yes its favorable to have a good running game but there have been many qb`s that have made a decent career passing the ball most of the game with a poor running game. The excuses are old. If Sanchez needs a half decent running game to even have a chance at winning most games he isn't NFL caliber nor ever will be. No high draft qb was ever drafted to just hand the ball off. They are the highest paid player on the team most of the time and they are there for their arm and not for how well they can hand the ball off.

Please just get over Sanchez.Hopes and dreams and wishes with him are all fantasy. Nothing would make him better than he is. His peak has been reached long a go.

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 18 September 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Sanchez would've been the same no matter who was his coach. As the old saying goes you cant teach speed. Well you cant teach accuracy either. Its one thing if Mark`s accuracy was just a little off but no way in hell can any coach make a qb with horrendous accuracy accurate. Also the same applies to game speed. Sanchez makes all his post snap mistakes (that dont apply to accuracy) because he still hasn't gotten the game speed down.Its easy to see that is his main problem other than accuracy. No coach is going to miraculously make a players brain increase and make the game speed slow down for them.

Sure tweaks to mechanics, changes to diets and exercise as well as practice, game film,teaching, and experience come into play but the fact is everyone has a peak and some people have a peak much higher than others. Sanchez`s issues cant be fixed by a coach. If a coach was able to make major changes with speed, accuracy, and how fast a players mind can think then for one there would almost never be NFL busts and second if the coaches had that kind of ability then they could basically bring in any average athletic joe off the street with the right frame and make them an all pro. College players coming into the NFL constantly state how hard it is to adjust to the NFL game speed and many fail in the NFL just because they cant adjust to the NFL game speed.

So no whether Mark had the same oc or a different one every year ultimately he is the one on the field and he still stares down receivers,cant read defenses and almost always throws to his first option without looking elsewhere. This is a classic symptom of not being able to think fast enough in the pocket. Every single average to great NFL qb in the game has the ability to scan the field and make splt second decisions to change what they do with the ball post snap and where they throw it to. Even if they have sh*tty accuracy they can still make plays and pull rabbit out of their a$$es because they have the game speed down and aren't like a robot on the field that always throws to the first option.

Yes its favorable to have a good running game but there have been many qb`s that have made a decent career passing the ball most of the game with a poor running game. The excuses are old. If Sanchez needs a half decent running game to even have a chance at winning most games he isn't NFL caliber nor ever will be. No high draft qb was ever drafted to just hand the ball off. They are the highest paid player on the team most of the time and they are there for their arm and not for how well they can hand the ball off.

Please just get over Sanchez.Hopes and dreams and wishes with him are all fantasy. Nothing would make him better than he is. His peak has been reached long a go.

You would enjoy the big Jets Facebook group that I just got kicked out of... They are all over Sanchez's knob it's hilarious
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Game speed!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic