NYJetsFan.com Forums: Reactions From This Weeks Game (Week 3) - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Reactions From This Weeks Game (Week 3)

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Positives:

Lets start off with this defense. For years it seemed that our defense was more smoke and mirrors than actually great. RBs like Spiller and Muscle Hamster used to give us hell on the edges. Not anymore. DeMario Davis is the difference maker on this unit. The DL is stout, and once the play goes wide, DMD beats the FB or pulling G to the edge and turn the play inside. His raw speed was the reason he was drafted but he quickly erased any memories of Bart Scott. If this kid can keep progressing, watch out. I mentioned the DL, and really, it's all the DL. They're playing fantastico. Mo, Richardson & Snacks are probably the best 1-2-3 we could've hoped for. Didn't see much of Q this game, but I'm sure he's far from 100%. Honorable mention goes to Barnes, who is doing a great job off the edge and Cromartie who for the first time really looked like Cromartie.

On the other side of the ball... Powell? Goddamn I guess I'm going to put the hateroade back in the fridge for one week. Trully a great game. He had some holes but he ran hard and got great YAC. Still would like to see a lot more Ivory, but he hurt his hammy and Powell racking up yards like a slow Curtis Martin is going to put him on the bench. The OL had a rough two weeks going up against the Bucs and the Pats and they finally had a good matchup vs a team that's pretty bad at run stopping and they took full advantage.

Speaking of taking advantage, game ball goes to Santonio "I Have One Good Game A Year" Holmes. Truly turned on the whatever-the-f***-switch he has and abused the Bills DB. That last TD was terrific. I actually think he caught that with one hand while fighting the DB off with the other. He actually looked like he gave a crap today. I guess he likes an offense that throws the ball even though we're up, we're starting a rookie and we're rolling on the ground. The playcalling in general is a bit frustrating. Marty Mo is going to put his foot on the gas and keep it there, no matter what. On the one hand, this is fun as hell, on the other, this is highly inefficient. We could've ran a lot more clock off the board and kept our defense on the sideline had we ran the ball more on 1st and 2nd down. Maybe the penalties took us out of some early down run distances but overall, we're throwing the shit out of the ball and having had 6 years of Schotty/Sparano, this is a shock to the system.

Did you guys see Stephen Hill catch the ball with his chest plate on that TD? Awesome! I swear this kid is a JUGS machine away from superstardom!

Since we're about to head into the negatives, I'm gonna give Geno his props. I'm not worried about the INTs as much as I'm impressed by how pissed he gets in the game. You seen the shots of him with his eyes narrowed almost to a squint? He's got some type of instinct that Sanchez didn't have. He doesn't just want to bang bitches and be liked. He's got a chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove that he should've never lasted to the 2nd round. His mechanics are fine, his footwork is still a work in progress and his decision making is about where you expect it to be but the dude looks like he will curse the shit out of your kids if you're on the other team and that's what we need.

Negatives:

Ivory where the f*** are you? Seriously. You lost your job to Powell. It's done. I'm dropping you from my FF team. It's over.

Cumberland? The only time I heard his name was on a holding call. Speaking of which, Vlad... I'm a big Vlad supporter and I think he's made great strides from being a bust to becoming serviceable but this was a bad game for him. In general, the penalties were a little out of control. I think the refs did a terrible job as far as keeping the calls legit. Most border line calls went against the Jets. We had 2 fumbles negated due to ambiguous holds that were borderline and aside from Kyle Wilson, who completely lost it, the team wasn't as undisciplined as the stats show.

Kyle Wilson got abused by the one guy that's probably too much for any DB to cover 1 on 1. Wilson style of play is sloppy and reactionary and he had way too much of Stevie in his hands on it seems like every play. On the other hand, on a few replays, the calls were really touchy and they could've let some of those go.

#2 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

My takeaway from the games today were.

We need to stop making stupid mistakes on defense, the multiple jumps, and Kyle Wilson F up's almost ruined us.
Rex needs to be smarter when challenging
Santonio when he's on is an absolute beast, he was FIRED up today.
D-line unit has become a force.
Clyde Gates is becoming the new David Clowney.

And most importantly, holy shit Metlife gets LOUD.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

http://www.nfl.com/v...k-Bills-vs-Jets

Sheldon Richardson* is deff worthy of being up in the banner. If he stays healthy that Dline should get better every week.

*always exercise caution with player as 05 will remind you to acknowledge the fact that he knew he existed in college
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=Zs9rQ10S9AM shock to the System By YESS
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

You say you want to see more Ivory, then you blast Ivory? As you mentioned, he got hurt that game and only had a few carries. I feel like we run the better out of the pistol and shotgun, when we can spread teams out more.

I like that we run outside more than last season, had some really effective outside runs yesterday. Sparano had us leading the league in runs up the gut.

I noticed Coples out there, he had a TFL and a few QB hits. He had some nice pressure on plays but was just off on getting sacks. He had 57 snaps yesterday, that is out of 86.

David Harris has been playing terrific so far. I thought he was done but hes playing at a high level right now, I think the dominant DL in front of him is helping the LBs out, taking blockers off of them. Also Davis being next to him helps, as Davis can be used to cover and gets outside on plays, allowing them to mask Harris' lack of speed more.

What I like about Geno is that hes not afraid out there to make plays. Hes attacking weak DBs downfield. He saw that mismatch with Rogers covering Holmes 1 on 1 and exploited it. It was a thing of beauty, he looked off the safety then fired a laser right into Holmes in stride. He has the arm to hit the guys downfield where they don't have to wait and can get the YAC, something we were AWFUL at with Sanchez.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postsantana, on 22 September 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

http://www.nfl.com/v...k-Bills-vs-Jets

Sheldon Richardson* is deff worthy of being up in the banner. If he stays healthy that Dline should get better every week.

*always exercise caution with player as 05 will remind you to acknowledge the fact that he knew he existed in college

richardson feels like a steal at 13. milner feels like a bust. he's the 5th bets CB on our roster. not acceptable for a 1st round pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

richardson feels like a steal at 13. milner feels like a bust. he's the 5th bets CB on our roster. not acceptable for a 1st round pick

He isn't the 5th best CB on the roster and he actually looked very good yesterday when in. Though he had only 22 snaps.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 September 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

He isn't the 5th best CB on the roster and he actually looked very good yesterday when in. Though he had only 22 snaps.

he gets beat every play IDK what you were watching.

cro
wilson
walls
milner

ok he's the 4th best CB on our team
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

he gets beat every play IDK what you were watching.

cro
wilson
walls
milner

ok he's the 4th best CB on our team

Not yesterday. He was stride for stride with receivers every time he was targeted, unlike the New England game when he got abused.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#10 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Jets could easily be 3-0 right now. Nice to see Hill actually making cathes this season. Saw Sanchez in the middle of the field during a timeout talking to Santonio. He's aching to get in there somehow. He should know that he'll never get that spot back even if healthy. I really think the jets will regress as the season goes along.

#11 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ivory was injured. He hurt his hamstring again. It seems that he still hasn't shaken the injury bug.

Wilson needs to get his head screwed on straight. Don't make this personal.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 23 September 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Not yesterday. He was stride for stride with receivers every time he was targeted, unlike the New England game when he got abused.

even the few times he is stride for stride, he still lets up the catch. never turns his head and locates teh ball. he just get PI or lets up the catch. he looks lost
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 September 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

even the few times he is stride for stride, he still lets up the catch. never turns his head and locates teh ball. he just get PI or lets up the catch. he looks lost

Again, that didn't happen vs the Bills. He was turning his head and I don't remember him giving up a catch.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Again, that didn't happen vs the Bills. He was turning his head and I don't remember him giving up a catch.

Agreed milliner will be fine. It was his 3rd game. Kyle Wilson on the other hand is a liability and hasn't made a play in years. Shocked he still starts/plays in this league. Walls and/or milliner are major upgrades over Wilson and I'm not basing this just off of Sundays debacle for Wilson.

#15 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

I have no idea what you were watching Sunday, because from the sound of things you certainly didn't watch the Jets game.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users