NYJetsFan.com Forums: Josh Gordon Available? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 10:28 PM) :hysterical: yeah and Rex Ryan is not a bozo
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:10 PM) Ryan is not a Bozo he is a cartoon character.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) anyone know anything about CB Kareem Jackson?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) FA from Houston. Obvious Mac connection.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:33 PM) NO TO MEVIS NO TO MEVIS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) FIRE BOWLES
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) CONSTANT TURNOVER
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:43 PM) I think we need to fire more people. Like Justin Beiber
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:22 PM) Kareem Jackson is a decent player, I would rather go elsewhere for CB though> He has been a streaky player, some bad seasons some good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:23 PM) THE KNICKS
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:43 PM) @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:43 PM) WOW. Rex is gearing up for ground and pound.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:44 PM) Jets can sign Spiller now but they're going to need a new LB. Rex is gunning for David Harris.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) Jets should trade Harris to Minnesota for Minnesota for AP
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) Throw in Ivory/Powell or a pick
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Damn they got Shady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Do NOT give up Ivory
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Powell ok Ivory HELL NO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:50 PM) Well that definitely opens the door for CJ Spiller to the JETS now that the Jills got Shady
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) Spiller is a joke. 99 % of the time he gets tackled for a loss or a 1 or 2 yard gain maximum. He breaks a run here and there. he had one good year in his whole career. their is a reason he is a backup and not the starter. I suggest you guys that believe Spiller has anything to offer go through the play by play game logs. I did and he is horrendous.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:14 AM) Spiller cannot break a tackle period. I broke down last years game logs of his runs in a thread last year. He isn't even a pass catching rb. Fred Jackson catches most of the running back passes.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:20 AM) Unless Spiller comes tremendously cheap no thank you. Wouldn't pay more than a one year deal worth 1 million at most. All he has is speed. Not even on Sproles level. His stats are inflated. For instance he has 10 runs in a game and 9 of them are losses are or 1-2 yard runs. Then he breaks one on the outside for 40-70 yards. Not reliable at all. Even when he break one he is guaranteed a td
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:21 AM) Even in his 1200 yard rushing year he only had 6 tds rushing and 2 receiving
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:23 AM) Spiller is only valuable as a special teams player. Period By year 2010 ) tds rshng 1 rcvng 283 yards rshng
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:31 AM) meant 0 tds rushing in 2010, 2011 4 tds 561 yards rushing 2tds receiving, 2012 6tds 1244 rushing 2 tds receiving, 2013 2tds 933 yards rushing 0tds receiving, 2014 0tds 300 yards rushing 1td receiving.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:41 AM) His stats look decent on paper but if you actually go through the game logs of his career like I did his stats are extremely inflated. For instance one game last year he had 10 attempts for 8 yards another 4 attempts for -4 yards, another 6 attempts for 19 yards, another 10 attempts for 25 yards.Another game he had 12 games for 69 yards but 47 of it was on one play. Point is he sucks as a running back. Who wants a rb that gets stopped 99% of the time and breaks one play fir a long run. We need reliable backs not a slim chance of him breaking one
santana Icon : (Today, 08:06 AM) "NFL released its first 2015 League Year cap report to teams. Teams w/most room: 1) Jaguars $64.058M; 2) Jets $52.901; 3) Raiders $52.598M."
santana Icon : (Today, 08:06 AM) #2 baby
santana Icon : (Today, 08:07 AM) WE DID IT!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:07 AM) thnx idzik
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:09 AM) RE-HIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:10 AM) Well in all fairness, when I think about the Jets I do think about number two
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:30 AM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:30 AM) The Jaguars hired John Idzik for his expertise in contract negotiating
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:36 AM) ppl are going to get paid this offseason.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:36 AM) so many teams have space
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:39 AM) eagles have 48M in cap space. Chip is going to go HAM this offseason.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:35 PM) @RapSheet: The #Bills have traded for Matt Cassel, the team announced.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) rex is gearing up his team
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) a QB that won't turn it over. 2 stud Rbs for ground and pound and will now start building his defense
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 01:49 PM) McCoys agent said the trade is not final and he hinted that he may not be willing to play there.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) @KristianRDyer: Source: If Marcus Mariota is at No. 6, Eagles will make trade with #Jets http://www.metro.us/...-mCQODxZ1xjBVA/ … via @metronewyork #NYJets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:18 PM) Jets bringing in Kendall Langford and CHris Canty for visits
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) Cassel blows
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Josh Gordon Available?

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Browns | Willing to trade two WRs

Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:04:32 -0700

The Cleveland Browns are fielding offers for WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little and are open to the possibility of trading them.
Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: http://kffl.com/play...n#ixzz2fjEOy8MN


Holmes, Hill, Gordon... Geno would have some nice weapons. Gordon looks like hes worth a second round pick. He does have some off the field issues but gordon said publicly that he believes he'd be suspended for an entire season if he got in trouble again. If he's saying that out loud and in public, he may know its time to sack up and be responsible. I doubt this team goes after him, but for a 2nd rounder, it's a fair price for a potential stud.(2nd rounder is my opinion on what the browns may be looking for in return).

Also some SPECULATION that the patriots could be the team that made an offer to the browns.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,912
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

The browns firesale continues ?

He could be a decent jet what's happening to Clyde gates lately he seemed so primed to break out but he's had such crucial drops
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postextmenace, on 23 September 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Browns | Willing to trade two WRs

Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:04:32 -0700

The Cleveland Browns are fielding offers for WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little and are open to the possibility of trading them.
Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: http://kffl.com/play...n#ixzz2fjEOy8MN


Holmes, Hill, Gordon... Geno would have some nice weapons. Gordon looks like hes worth a second round pick. He does have some off the field issues but gordon said publicly that he believes he'd be suspended for an entire season if he got in trouble again. If he's saying that out loud and in public, he may know its time to sack up and be responsible. I doubt this team goes after him, but for a 2nd rounder, it's a fair price for a potential stud.(2nd rounder is my opinion on what the browns may be looking for in return).

Also some SPECULATION that the patriots could be the team that made an offer to the browns.


meh why waste a 2nd rounder on a torubled below average WR when we have hill holmes and kerly. i mean maybe a 5th or lower i'd look into it, but a 2nd rounder screams of justin Mccariens all over again
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

115 do your homework Josh Gordon is only 22 and is 100x the receiver right now than mccareins ever was, to call him a below average WR is asinine. If Gordon stays healthy and straightens up he has Dez Bryant type talent and potential. Just last season people were calling Dez a problem child, now he's the best player on Dallas. 2nd round pick for a Legit game changing weapon like Gordon would make too much sense so I doubt it will happen.

You throw out Holmes, hill and Kerly like its a strong point. Gordon would step in and start over all of them from day 1, 5th rounder lol
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,088
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 23 September 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

115 do your homework Josh Gordon is only 22 and is 100x the receiver right now than mccareins ever was, to call him a below average WR is asinine. If Gordon stays healthy and straightens up he has Dez Bryant type talent and potential. Just last season people were calling Dez a problem child, now he's the best player on Dallas. 2nd round pick for a Legit game changing weapon like Gordon would make too much sense so I doubt it will happen.

You throw out Holmes, hill and Kerly like its a strong point. Gordon would step in and start over all of them from day 1, 5th rounder lol


Agreed about Gordon, hes a stud. He had a really good rookie season with a garbage QB throwing to him. And he came out yesterday, his first game of the season, and had 10 catches for 146 yards and a TD. Hes not McDroppins.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 23 September 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

115 do your homework Josh Gordon is only 22 and is 100x the receiver right now than mccareins ever was, to call him a below average WR is asinine. If Gordon stays healthy and straightens up he has Dez Bryant type talent and potential. Just last season people were calling Dez a problem child, now he's the best player on Dallas. 2nd round pick for a Legit game changing weapon like Gordon would make too much sense so I doubt it will happen.

You throw out Holmes, hill and Kerly like its a strong point. Gordon would step in and start over all of them from day 1, 5th rounder lol


sorry i'm not sodl on gorden. I don't think he has the talent you guys think. could i be wrong? of course, but potential =/= performance. and a 2nd round pick is huge. espicially when we have other needs like TE, RB, O-line, and safety. we could grab a stud in the 2nd round in one of those positions while gorden would ahve to learn the offense and compete for the #2 spot with hill
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

sorry i'm not sodl on gorden. I don't think he has the talent you guys think. could i be wrong? of course, but potential =/= performance. and a 2nd round pick is huge. espicially when we have other needs like TE, RB, O-line, and safety. we could grab a stud in the 2nd round in one of those positions while gorden would ahve to learn the offense and compete for the #2 spot with hill



He's viewed around the league as a potential star. Can't blame you for not watching a whole lot of Cleveland brown games, but if you have watched him play, you wouldn't be saying that. Multiple teams don't offer up 2nd round draft picks in the supplemental draft. If i remember correctly 2 teams were willing to give up a 2nd rounder for gordon. He would have been a sure fire first round pick had he entered the normal draft. He had something like 800 yards on 50 catches last year. On potential alone and knowing that he was already produced in this league, he is worth every penny of a 2nd rounder based on talent and skill set alone.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,721
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postextmenace, on 23 September 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

He's viewed around the league as a potential star. Can't blame you for not watching a whole lot of Cleveland brown games, but if you have watched him play, you wouldn't be saying that. Multiple teams don't offer up 2nd round draft picks in the supplemental draft. If i remember correctly 2 teams were willing to give up a 2nd rounder for gordon. He would have been a sure fire first round pick had he entered the normal draft. He had something like 800 yards on 50 catches last year. On potential alone and knowing that he was already produced in this league, he is worth every penny of a 2nd rounder based on talent and skill set alone.


and j-mac had 800+ yards and 50 catches and potential. and was a high draft pick and how did that work out?

I'm sorry but i'm not sold on the guy, and even if lets say he as #1 WR potential... he's also 1 wrong move away from a major suspension
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

and j-mac had 800+ yards and 50 catches and potential. and was a high draft pick and how did that work out?

I'm sorry but i'm not sold on the guy, and even if lets say he as #1 WR potential... he's also 1 wrong move away from a major suspension


Comparing Gordon to McCareins is absurd.

Also, McCareins was a 4th round pick. Do you just close your eyes, throw shit at the wall, and hope something sticks?


"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#10 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,569
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Was hoping for Richardson
0

#11 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 23 September 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Was hoping for Richardson


Powell rushed for more yards yesterday than Trent Richardson has in his entire nfl career. Not really but pretty close.
0

#12 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,132
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

He's 22 and a big target. Jets have had some luck with the troubled WRs (Holmes and Edwards). I wouldn't mind swinging a trade for him if they could get him for cheap. The 3rd from the Revis trade maybe?
0

#13 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

and j-mac had 800+ yards and 50 catches and potential. and was a high draft pick and how did that work out?

I'm sorry but i'm not sold on the guy, and even if lets say he as #1 WR potential... he's also 1 wrong move away from a major suspension



J-mac was drafted in the 4th round. At least look up some stuff before you post. Yes, we traded a 2nd rounder for him, and yes he had potential, but Mccarines and gordon are two different guys. One guy had a potential hall of famer throwing him the ball, the other is producing with weeden and had a great game with hoyer throwing him the ball. Jets made a bad deal for mccarines, but he was also never regarded as an elite prospect. I get that you don't like him, but I get the feeling, based on your posts, you don't have any legit reasoning behind it.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,088
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

meh why waste a 2nd rounder on a torubled below average WR when we have hill holmes and kerly. i mean maybe a 5th or lower i'd look into it, but a 2nd rounder screams of justin Mccariens all over again



LMAO

Bumping this thread after a 10 catch 261 yard 2 TD game for Josh Gordon.

That is 64 catches, 1,249 yards, 7 TD for Gordon with 3 different QBs.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 160
  • Joined: 13-December 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 December 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

LMAO

Bumping this thread after a 10 catch 261 yard 2 TD game for Josh Gordon.

That is 64 catches, 1,249 yards, 7 TD for Gordon with 3 different QBs.





Posted Image

I have him on my madden team if that means anything lol!!
0

#16 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

If he was on the Jets he'd have one catch for six yards.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,088
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

If he was on the Jets he'd have one catch for six yards.

Hes tearing shit up on the Browns... He can do work with any QB, hes that good.

The Jets drafted bust Stephen Hill, while other teams got studs like Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery...
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 December 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hes tearing shit up on the Browns... He can do work with any QB, hes that good.

The Jets drafted bust Stephen Hill, while other teams got studs like Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery...


Doesn't matter how good Gordon is. The Jets would just misuse him until he became disheartened.

Then he'd turn to drugs and get himself suspended for a year. Who knows, in a fit of depression he may have ended up killing himself or harming someone else.

Trading for Gordon would have served no purpose other than ruin the young man's life.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,088
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Doesn't matter how good Gordon is. The Jets would just misuse him until he became disheartened.

Then he'd turn to drugs and get himself suspended for a year. Who knows, in a fit of depression he may have ended up killing himself or harming someone else.

Trading for Gordon would have served no purpose other than ruin the young man's life.


We have no talent on offense right now, that is why we "misuse" them.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is online   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,637
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

We haven't had any legit receiver tandem since we had Holmes & Edwards together. Kerley is our leading receiver and he hasn't played since week 7. That's pretty fvcking sad. This Salas kid has shown signs of being a decent target but he doesn't get his number called. It'll be an interesting offseason to say the least.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users