NYJetsFan.com Forums: Josh Gordon Available? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Vick = $$$
ROBJETS Icon : (16 November 2014 - 08:04 PM) With only two wild card spots I doubt they will even make the playoffs. They have to have a better record than the 49rs because they have the tie breaker over the Eagles. They also have the Seahawks who they need to beat to have a tie breaker plus they have two games against Dallas.
santana Icon : (16 November 2014 - 08:05 PM) "The only team that the Packers haven't started up at least 28-0 at Lambeau this year was the Jets"
ROBJETS Icon : (16 November 2014 - 08:06 PM) odds are its going to be the 49rs or the Seahwaks getting the 2nd wild card spot and either the Packers or Lions getting the other
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 November 2014 - 10:24 PM) I hate how the referees continue to help the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 November 2014 - 10:24 PM) they bow down to this classless organization week in week out
santana Icon : (16 November 2014 - 10:36 PM) they don't need help offense is scoring very easily
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 November 2014 - 10:53 PM) they are still a classless organization who still gets special preferential treatment from the league and refs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 PM) just like that last play when that goon gronkowski pretty much shoved that Indy DB right into the camera dolly...any other team or player does it, they eject them...but the CHEATriots just get a penalty
ROBJETS Icon : (17 November 2014 - 03:14 AM) I here you gg. I doubt they favor any team though. We just hate the Patriots so much every bad call we see that helps that team we remember. My only hope is when Brady finally retires or gets injured or whatever that the Patriots dont turn out like the Colts going from Manning to a qb like Luck. Can you imagine how us Jets fans would feel like then?
ROBJETS Icon : (17 November 2014 - 03:17 AM) It has to really suck for the other AFC South teams.
ROBJETS Icon : (17 November 2014 - 03:22 AM) I just hope the Cards can make it to the bowl and win with Stanton. He looks ok but after watching the game he isn't on the level of Palmer. Thats what worries me if they have to face a team we dont want in the Bowl from the AFC
Chaos Icon : (17 November 2014 - 12:15 PM) Stanton winning the SB would be something.
Chaos Icon : (17 November 2014 - 12:16 PM) Jets got rid of the guy to get Tebow lol
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:19 PM) It's not the QB its the coach. I was screaming for Bruce Ariens
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:20 PM) I was told he was a QB killer by some on here.
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:20 PM) I was told his QBs hated him by some on here
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:22 PM) Everyone is against my amazing opinions!!!
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:23 PM) I'm the best driver on the east coast! Everyone else is terrible
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:52 PM) The biggest mistake was made today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) Stanton for $325 Mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) after he got hit in the face who said he'll even be the same player ever again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:54 PM) but the Marlins throw $325 million at him like nothing ever happened
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:55 PM) I predict he'll be a shell of himself and in 5 years he will be horrible player and the $ will still be weighing down the Marlins for the remainder of the contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:06 PM) 3 years ago I would of considered this kind of contract but after what happened to him this season and how he might be shocked to step into the batters box in 2015 is a HUGE risk when a team gives them $325 million
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:07 PM) these monster contracts are ridiculous to begin with
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:32 PM) So who thinks the JETS will win this Sunday?
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) Ryan is terrible after byes. 2-9
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (Today, 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Josh Gordon Available?

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,641
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Browns | Willing to trade two WRs

Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:04:32 -0700

The Cleveland Browns are fielding offers for WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little and are open to the possibility of trading them.
Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: http://kffl.com/play...n#ixzz2fjEOy8MN


Holmes, Hill, Gordon... Geno would have some nice weapons. Gordon looks like hes worth a second round pick. He does have some off the field issues but gordon said publicly that he believes he'd be suspended for an entire season if he got in trouble again. If he's saying that out loud and in public, he may know its time to sack up and be responsible. I doubt this team goes after him, but for a 2nd rounder, it's a fair price for a potential stud.(2nd rounder is my opinion on what the browns may be looking for in return).

Also some SPECULATION that the patriots could be the team that made an offer to the browns.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#2 User is online   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,866
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

The browns firesale continues ?

He could be a decent jet what's happening to Clyde gates lately he seemed so primed to break out but he's had such crucial drops
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postextmenace, on 23 September 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Browns | Willing to trade two WRs

Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:04:32 -0700

The Cleveland Browns are fielding offers for WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little and are open to the possibility of trading them.
Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: http://kffl.com/play...n#ixzz2fjEOy8MN


Holmes, Hill, Gordon... Geno would have some nice weapons. Gordon looks like hes worth a second round pick. He does have some off the field issues but gordon said publicly that he believes he'd be suspended for an entire season if he got in trouble again. If he's saying that out loud and in public, he may know its time to sack up and be responsible. I doubt this team goes after him, but for a 2nd rounder, it's a fair price for a potential stud.(2nd rounder is my opinion on what the browns may be looking for in return).

Also some SPECULATION that the patriots could be the team that made an offer to the browns.


meh why waste a 2nd rounder on a torubled below average WR when we have hill holmes and kerly. i mean maybe a 5th or lower i'd look into it, but a 2nd rounder screams of justin Mccariens all over again
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 586
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

115 do your homework Josh Gordon is only 22 and is 100x the receiver right now than mccareins ever was, to call him a below average WR is asinine. If Gordon stays healthy and straightens up he has Dez Bryant type talent and potential. Just last season people were calling Dez a problem child, now he's the best player on Dallas. 2nd round pick for a Legit game changing weapon like Gordon would make too much sense so I doubt it will happen.

You throw out Holmes, hill and Kerly like its a strong point. Gordon would step in and start over all of them from day 1, 5th rounder lol
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,029
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 23 September 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

115 do your homework Josh Gordon is only 22 and is 100x the receiver right now than mccareins ever was, to call him a below average WR is asinine. If Gordon stays healthy and straightens up he has Dez Bryant type talent and potential. Just last season people were calling Dez a problem child, now he's the best player on Dallas. 2nd round pick for a Legit game changing weapon like Gordon would make too much sense so I doubt it will happen.

You throw out Holmes, hill and Kerly like its a strong point. Gordon would step in and start over all of them from day 1, 5th rounder lol


Agreed about Gordon, hes a stud. He had a really good rookie season with a garbage QB throwing to him. And he came out yesterday, his first game of the season, and had 10 catches for 146 yards and a TD. Hes not McDroppins.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 23 September 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

115 do your homework Josh Gordon is only 22 and is 100x the receiver right now than mccareins ever was, to call him a below average WR is asinine. If Gordon stays healthy and straightens up he has Dez Bryant type talent and potential. Just last season people were calling Dez a problem child, now he's the best player on Dallas. 2nd round pick for a Legit game changing weapon like Gordon would make too much sense so I doubt it will happen.

You throw out Holmes, hill and Kerly like its a strong point. Gordon would step in and start over all of them from day 1, 5th rounder lol


sorry i'm not sodl on gorden. I don't think he has the talent you guys think. could i be wrong? of course, but potential =/= performance. and a 2nd round pick is huge. espicially when we have other needs like TE, RB, O-line, and safety. we could grab a stud in the 2nd round in one of those positions while gorden would ahve to learn the offense and compete for the #2 spot with hill
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,641
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

sorry i'm not sodl on gorden. I don't think he has the talent you guys think. could i be wrong? of course, but potential =/= performance. and a 2nd round pick is huge. espicially when we have other needs like TE, RB, O-line, and safety. we could grab a stud in the 2nd round in one of those positions while gorden would ahve to learn the offense and compete for the #2 spot with hill



He's viewed around the league as a potential star. Can't blame you for not watching a whole lot of Cleveland brown games, but if you have watched him play, you wouldn't be saying that. Multiple teams don't offer up 2nd round draft picks in the supplemental draft. If i remember correctly 2 teams were willing to give up a 2nd rounder for gordon. He would have been a sure fire first round pick had he entered the normal draft. He had something like 800 yards on 50 catches last year. On potential alone and knowing that he was already produced in this league, he is worth every penny of a 2nd rounder based on talent and skill set alone.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postextmenace, on 23 September 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

He's viewed around the league as a potential star. Can't blame you for not watching a whole lot of Cleveland brown games, but if you have watched him play, you wouldn't be saying that. Multiple teams don't offer up 2nd round draft picks in the supplemental draft. If i remember correctly 2 teams were willing to give up a 2nd rounder for gordon. He would have been a sure fire first round pick had he entered the normal draft. He had something like 800 yards on 50 catches last year. On potential alone and knowing that he was already produced in this league, he is worth every penny of a 2nd rounder based on talent and skill set alone.


and j-mac had 800+ yards and 50 catches and potential. and was a high draft pick and how did that work out?

I'm sorry but i'm not sold on the guy, and even if lets say he as #1 WR potential... he's also 1 wrong move away from a major suspension
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

and j-mac had 800+ yards and 50 catches and potential. and was a high draft pick and how did that work out?

I'm sorry but i'm not sold on the guy, and even if lets say he as #1 WR potential... he's also 1 wrong move away from a major suspension


Comparing Gordon to McCareins is absurd.

Also, McCareins was a 4th round pick. Do you just close your eyes, throw shit at the wall, and hope something sticks?


"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#10 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,557
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Was hoping for Richardson
0

#11 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 586
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 23 September 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Was hoping for Richardson


Powell rushed for more yards yesterday than Trent Richardson has in his entire nfl career. Not really but pretty close.
0

#12 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,041
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

He's 22 and a big target. Jets have had some luck with the troubled WRs (Holmes and Edwards). I wouldn't mind swinging a trade for him if they could get him for cheap. The 3rd from the Revis trade maybe?
0

#13 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,641
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

and j-mac had 800+ yards and 50 catches and potential. and was a high draft pick and how did that work out?

I'm sorry but i'm not sold on the guy, and even if lets say he as #1 WR potential... he's also 1 wrong move away from a major suspension



J-mac was drafted in the 4th round. At least look up some stuff before you post. Yes, we traded a 2nd rounder for him, and yes he had potential, but Mccarines and gordon are two different guys. One guy had a potential hall of famer throwing him the ball, the other is producing with weeden and had a great game with hoyer throwing him the ball. Jets made a bad deal for mccarines, but he was also never regarded as an elite prospect. I get that you don't like him, but I get the feeling, based on your posts, you don't have any legit reasoning behind it.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,029
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 September 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

meh why waste a 2nd rounder on a torubled below average WR when we have hill holmes and kerly. i mean maybe a 5th or lower i'd look into it, but a 2nd rounder screams of justin Mccariens all over again



LMAO

Bumping this thread after a 10 catch 261 yard 2 TD game for Josh Gordon.

That is 64 catches, 1,249 yards, 7 TD for Gordon with 3 different QBs.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 156
  • Joined: 13-December 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 December 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

LMAO

Bumping this thread after a 10 catch 261 yard 2 TD game for Josh Gordon.

That is 64 catches, 1,249 yards, 7 TD for Gordon with 3 different QBs.





Posted Image

I have him on my madden team if that means anything lol!!
0

#16 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

If he was on the Jets he'd have one catch for six yards.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,029
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

If he was on the Jets he'd have one catch for six yards.

Hes tearing shit up on the Browns... He can do work with any QB, hes that good.

The Jets drafted bust Stephen Hill, while other teams got studs like Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery...
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 December 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hes tearing shit up on the Browns... He can do work with any QB, hes that good.

The Jets drafted bust Stephen Hill, while other teams got studs like Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffery...


Doesn't matter how good Gordon is. The Jets would just misuse him until he became disheartened.

Then he'd turn to drugs and get himself suspended for a year. Who knows, in a fit of depression he may have ended up killing himself or harming someone else.

Trading for Gordon would have served no purpose other than ruin the young man's life.
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,029
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Doesn't matter how good Gordon is. The Jets would just misuse him until he became disheartened.

Then he'd turn to drugs and get himself suspended for a year. Who knows, in a fit of depression he may have ended up killing himself or harming someone else.

Trading for Gordon would have served no purpose other than ruin the young man's life.


We have no talent on offense right now, that is why we "misuse" them.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,588
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

We haven't had any legit receiver tandem since we had Holmes & Edwards together. Kerley is our leading receiver and he hasn't played since week 7. That's pretty fvcking sad. This Salas kid has shown signs of being a decent target but he doesn't get his number called. It'll be an interesting offseason to say the least.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users