NYJetsFan.com Forums: Josh Gordon Available? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Josh Gordon Available?

#21 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 December 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

We haven't had any legit receiver tandem since we had Holmes & Edwards together. Kerley is our leading receiver and he hasn't played since week 7. That's pretty fvcking sad. This Salas kid has shown signs of being a decent target but he doesn't get his number called. It'll be an interesting offseason to say the least.

Salas is nothing more than a back of the depth chart depth kind of WR.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

115...Gordon still reminding you of McCarines?

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Postextmenace, on 03 December 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

115...Gordon still reminding you of McCarines?

Not at all, he's looking beast mode. Still a 2nd is a lot to give up for a WR, especially when the FA market is going to be good. Also we've seen 1 year wonders before and guys who only play good for a contract and then half ass it. Not saying he isn't good (he's impressed me a lot lately) just saying that we could spend that pick elsewhere and land a good WR in free agency so i stand by my decision of not wanting to trade for him.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

We need to fix the oline and qb problem before we start looking for receivers. The oline needs a complete overhaul. A decent qb will make average receivers look better if the qb has time to throw. F*ck looking at wr`s right now. We could have three number one receivers but if we have no qb and no blocking they wont amount to sh*t.

#25 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 04 December 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

We need to fix the oline and qb problem before we start looking for receivers. The oline needs a complete overhaul. A decent qb will make average receivers look better if the qb has time to throw. F*ck looking at wr`s right now. We could have three number one receivers but if we have no qb and no blocking they wont amount to sh*t.

No... The OL is not nearly as big of an issue as people make it to be. WR is absolutely a big issue, ignoring that until you find a QB would be stupid IMO. We need to get 2 starting WRs, we can't just pick guys up off the street and expect whoever is at QB to look good with them. We need to build legit talent on offense period. We can't just hope that we find that special QB that can make anyone look good, so we need to get WRs that can get open and make plays. Teams are going to continue to overload blitz us as long as we have WRs thtat don't threaten a defense 1 on 1 and a QB who can't handle the pressure.

Stephen Hill is a bust. Jeremy Kerley is the only solid WR we have. Holmes will be gone.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 04 December 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

No... The OL is not nearly as big of an issue as people make it to be. WR is absolutely a big issue, ignoring that until you find a QB would be stupid IMO. We need to get 2 starting WRs, we can't just pick guys up off the street and expect whoever is at QB to look good with them. We need to build legit talent on offense period. We can't just hope that we find that special QB that can make anyone look good, so we need to get WRs that can get open and make plays. Teams are going to continue to overload blitz us as long as we have WRs thtat don't threaten a defense 1 on 1 and a QB who can't handle the pressure.

Stephen Hill is a bust. Jeremy Kerley is the only solid WR we have. Holmes will be gone.

We totally disagree on this subject. The way I see it the oline is far more important than you think because a good oline can lead to a good running game with average backs. If you have great receivers and a bad qb the defense will still "overload the blitz" to make a bad qb get flustered and play even worse. Having a bad oline just makes it easier to pressure the qb. And I think the much oline is worse than you believe. Unless we can find a qb that has a very quick and accurate release or a very mobile qb we need to rebuild the oline imo.

Personally Id rather have a good qb and average receivers than an average qb and great receivers any day. Having both great wr`s and a great qb is idealistic yes but not realistic right now. Id still rather get a legit qb out of the draft or a proven one from free agency or trade if possible.

Really though this team has enough issues that it will probably take multiple years to fix unless our GM becomes a magician and pulls lots of rabbits out of his a$$ and makes some amazing decisions and pickups this off-season.

#27 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

We don't even have average WRs, we have the worst WRs in the league and its not even close. Our leading WR has like 347 yards, that is pathetic.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 04 December 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Agree that Holmes is gone and Hill is a BUST as are our other receivers except for Kerley. But our OLine is not near good enough. Ferguson has been living on reputation and the rest except for Mangold are no good either.

But we need a QB more than anything. Smith is not the answer. I could live with Int's if he was trying to throw between defenders (like Cutler). But his Int's are from an inability to see or read defenses. That doesn't change very easily rookie or not. And in this day and age we don't have time to hope for development.

I will be surprised if we win another game this year. We could wind up with the 5th pick this year. Plus we have a high 3dr round pick from TB (Revis).

Also, we will be well under the cap this year and should use it in free agnecy to secure a LT (like Brandon Albert), a safety (maybe Byrd) and a CB (Milner is not the answer). Harris should be renegotiated

With our large number of draft picks we should do whatever we have to to draft Manziel. I don't care if he is short, wild, crazy or anything else. He has that swagger that is needed in a QB in New York and his legs, arm and head are right for us. He could be another Brees or Wilson (Can't believe I'm referring to Wilson after 2 years in the league but the kid is really good).

Then we draft a WR, TE, G, RT and CB/S and just maybe we can start to win

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users