NYJetsFan.com Forums: Studs And Duds - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) its deff a good move for the jets they will probably manage to sell some tickets for the rest of the year
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Studs And Duds Week 4

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

  • THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,653
  • Joined: 08-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida.used to live in NY.
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Duds.

THE JETS!!!!
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

  • NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,288
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Warwick, RI
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:06 PM


STUDS:
Kellen Winslow
Bilal Powell


Duds:
Geno
OL
Coaches
Ducasse
JETS Fans for being on the ledge after 2-2 start???? RE-f***ing-LAX

JETS are 2-2 after 4 games, we have a QB that got thrust into the job and he is definitely a step above BUTTFUMBLE, no need to start shitting yourselves after 4 games when we are 2-2 and in games that we keep hurting ourselves with penalties and turnovers, fix that and this team is in a better position, but 2-2 after the first 4 games in the season...I'll f***ing TAKE IT

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react
0

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,297
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Geno has no Zip on the ball Need more zip on every throw.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Studs:
Folk
Powell

Duds:
Everyone else

Mega Duds:
Ducasse
Geno


This was the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB. Yes we have seen Sanchez throw more picks. We've seen Penny throw more picks, this isn't about quantity as much as it is about the whole package. Geno Smith looked like he had no clue what he was doing on the field. In my mind, his two worst plays (other than him trying to switch hands behind his back while getting sacked in the endzone... that's horrific) weren't TOs. The "sack" at the 1 was awful. He took the snap, and drifted back 15 yards into his own endzone... all the while looking at Ropati. He had ample time to throw the ball away and he's lucky that the ref blew the whistle when he did, I think 8 out of 10 times thats a safety. His other play that made me cover my eyes was a fastball to a wide open Gates. That pass looked like it was fired out of a canon... which is good except it made the catch 100 times more difficult. Gates was wide open, a simple dart to the chest and he's scoring a TD. Instead he uncorcked a FB that was about 2 feet too high and went off the fingertips of Gates. Just no touch whatsoever. I don't know how we recover from this, our whole goal is to keep the game ugly enough to win it in the end. When you're giving up turnovers at the pace that Geno is going, it's too much to ask for a defense to keep you in there.

Next week we face a desperate Atlanta team in Atlanta without Holmes and Hill. It's going to be more of the same.
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Its one game. It was probably the worst game I have seen in a while. We need to even our expectations. I do believe we are a better team than what played yesterday but not as good as what played VS the Bills. We have alot of young new players and some real lack in the skill positions on Offense. We all knew this was going to be a tough year. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,263
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 September 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Studs:
Folk
Powell

Duds:
Everyone else

Mega Duds:
Ducasse
Geno


This was the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB. Yes we have seen Sanchez throw more picks. We've seen Penny throw more picks, this isn't about quantity as much as it is about the whole package. Geno Smith looked like he had no clue what he was doing on the field. In my mind, his two worst plays (other than him trying to switch hands behind his back while getting sacked in the endzone... that's horrific) weren't TOs. The "sack" at the 1 was awful. He took the snap, and drifted back 15 yards into his own endzone... all the while looking at Ropati. He had ample time to throw the ball away and he's lucky that the ref blew the whistle when he did, I think 8 out of 10 times thats a safety. His other play that made me cover my eyes was a fastball to a wide open Gates. That pass looked like it was fired out of a canon... which is good except it made the catch 100 times more difficult. Gates was wide open, a simple dart to the chest and he's scoring a TD. Instead he uncorcked a FB that was about 2 feet too high and went off the fingertips of Gates. Just no touch whatsoever. I don't know how we recover from this, our whole goal is to keep the game ugly enough to win it in the end. When you're giving up turnovers at the pace that Geno is going, it's too much to ask for a defense to keep you in there.

Next week we face a desperate Atlanta team in Atlanta without Holmes and Hill. It's going to be more of the same.


It was like watching Sanchez at home against Buffalo his rookie year. There were some utterly brainless plays he made as you said, and it seemed as though he was shellshocked as soon as he threw that first pick. The TD drive he led was well executed, but it could be argued Tennessee had taken the foot off the gas by then. Still, I'm kind of glad those daft mistakes came in the one game rather than being spread out across our first four games of the season.

While he was bad, the coaches need to make an example of most of the team regarding yet another undisciplined (a holding call on a touchback?!) and sloppy display. Powell played well, Winslow was solid, Folk made both his kicks again and the run defence was stout. But there were far too many penalties for the second week in a row, the secondary was poor and the OLine offered little protection.

Perhaps this team needed a game like that though as the 2-1 start may have masked certain deficiencies? Yesterday's game showed that the majority of the time playing like that will get you punished severely.
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,604
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Its one game. It was probably the worst game I have seen in a while. We need to even our expectations. I do believe we are a better team than what played yesterday but not as good as what played VS the Bills. We have alot of young new players and some real lack in the skill positions on Offense. We all knew this was going to be a tough year. Sit back and enjoy the ride.


Thats true. and he is a rookie. at least he isn't getting paid 100 million and throwing 5 picks like flacco
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,395
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 30 September 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

It was like watching Sanchez at home against Buffalo his rookie year. There were some utterly brainless plays he made as you said, and it seemed as though he was shellshocked as soon as he threw that first pick. The TD drive he led was well executed, but it could be argued Tennessee had taken the foot off the gas by then. Still, I'm kind of glad those daft mistakes came in the one game rather than being spread out across our first four games of the season.

While he was bad, the coaches need to make an example of most of the team regarding yet another undisciplined (a holding call on a touchback?!) and sloppy display. Powell played well, Winslow was solid, Folk made both his kicks again and the run defence was stout. But there were far too many penalties for the second week in a row, the secondary was poor and the OLine offered little protection.

Perhaps this team needed a game like that though as the 2-1 start may have masked certain deficiencies? Yesterday's game showed that the majority of the time playing like that will get you punished severely.

You need to dampen your expectations a bit. None of us are happy about the interceptions and frankly I dont think Geno has deserved any stud ratings by us this year just because we won a sloppy game where he turned the ball over multiple times. This game we lost so he then gets a dud.

Anyway not every qb can come into the league and look amazing right away. Some need time. Geno has ten times the skill and potential that Sanchez had. But Sanchez came into a much better situation his first two seasons having so many league number 1 areas to help him. The defense saved many games and won for us that Sanchez didn't play well along with the running game and the league best offensive line.

Geno doesn't have that kind of talent to come into and he is getting hit almost every play.Frisco had a good team before Kap came in.

Ducasse still sucks in my opinion and should be a backup at best. The announcer said he looked great in one game but I didn't see it. Ducasse has gotten beaten bad at least twice every game and got his qb crushed. It makes sense why he is getting holding penalties.The word is still out on Brick but I think he is going downhill slowly. Plus we have Howard who is doing ok but lets not forget he was a St Louis throw away. Not to mention I wouldn't say he has the the best running game or receiving core to help him either.

I dont blame Geno for any of the fumbles behind the line because they are clearly the result of the o-line constantly getting beat. I dont like the interceptions like any other Jets fan but I do see a couple huge differences between Geno and Sanchez. The offense is driving more with Geno than it did with Sanchez, With Sanchez unless we were playing a terrible team he struggled to throw for even 200 yards( he had tons of games with under 200 yards passing which is really bad) and unless it was a bad team we were lucky if Mark threw for 2 tds. 3 tds was even rarer.

Geno is passing the ball down field far more than Sanchez ever did. Heck either the 2nd or 3rd game the announcers said it was the most down field passing of Jets qbs since the 90`s. And from what Ive seen more often than not Geno is putting the ball where the receivers can catch the ball easily which I rarely saw from Mark. Geno is far more accurate with short and down field passing. Most of Geno`s int`s are like 20 yards down field. Sanchez made a habit of throwing a 6 yard pass leading to an int which is why he had so many pick 6`s. At least with a down field int there is much less chance of a pick 6. I dont like the int`s but I dont want him to quit throwing long passes and just throw 5 yard passes and have a stagnate offense like we have had for years. The last thing is that while the int`s are bad ...most of them are actually on target. Geno is just not seeing the other defender(the help)and they are intercepting the ball. It isn't the main guy on coverage getting the ball.

Basically as bad as it looks there is hope for Geno. I never saw that in Sanchez ever. I thought from the end of the 1st year he wasn't any good and was sure of it early the 2nd year. All Geno has to do is learn to read the post snap defense better and make sure he sees enough of the field where he can see the help defenders. If he can do that most of his problems are solved. It would help too if he wasn't getting crushed almost every play.

Don't give up on the kid so early guys.He has a lot of talent and far less problem areas than Mark had. He only needs to correct one area. Mark had like 5 or 6 bad areas.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users