NYJetsFan.com Forums: Studs And Duds - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Studs And Duds Week 4

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Duds.

THE JETS!!!!
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

STUDS:
Kellen Winslow
Bilal Powell

Duds:
Geno
OL
Coaches
Ducasse
JETS Fans for being on the ledge after 2-2 start???? RE-f***ing-LAX

JETS are 2-2 after 4 games, we have a QB that got thrust into the job and he is definitely a step above BUTTFUMBLE, no need to start shitting yourselves after 4 games when we are 2-2 and in games that we keep hurting ourselves with penalties and turnovers, fix that and this team is in a better position, but 2-2 after the first 4 games in the season...I'll f***ing TAKE IT

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Geno has no Zip on the ball Need more zip on every throw.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Studs:
Folk
Powell

Duds:
Everyone else

Mega Duds:
Ducasse
Geno

This was the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB. Yes we have seen Sanchez throw more picks. We've seen Penny throw more picks, this isn't about quantity as much as it is about the whole package. Geno Smith looked like he had no clue what he was doing on the field. In my mind, his two worst plays (other than him trying to switch hands behind his back while getting sacked in the endzone... that's horrific) weren't TOs. The "sack" at the 1 was awful. He took the snap, and drifted back 15 yards into his own endzone... all the while looking at Ropati. He had ample time to throw the ball away and he's lucky that the ref blew the whistle when he did, I think 8 out of 10 times thats a safety. His other play that made me cover my eyes was a fastball to a wide open Gates. That pass looked like it was fired out of a canon... which is good except it made the catch 100 times more difficult. Gates was wide open, a simple dart to the chest and he's scoring a TD. Instead he uncorcked a FB that was about 2 feet too high and went off the fingertips of Gates. Just no touch whatsoever. I don't know how we recover from this, our whole goal is to keep the game ugly enough to win it in the end. When you're giving up turnovers at the pace that Geno is going, it's too much to ask for a defense to keep you in there.

Next week we face a desperate Atlanta team in Atlanta without Holmes and Hill. It's going to be more of the same.

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Its one game. It was probably the worst game I have seen in a while. We need to even our expectations. I do believe we are a better team than what played yesterday but not as good as what played VS the Bills. We have alot of young new players and some real lack in the skill positions on Offense. We all knew this was going to be a tough year. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 30 September 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Studs:
Folk
Powell

Duds:
Everyone else

Mega Duds:
Ducasse
Geno

This was the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB. Yes we have seen Sanchez throw more picks. We've seen Penny throw more picks, this isn't about quantity as much as it is about the whole package. Geno Smith looked like he had no clue what he was doing on the field. In my mind, his two worst plays (other than him trying to switch hands behind his back while getting sacked in the endzone... that's horrific) weren't TOs. The "sack" at the 1 was awful. He took the snap, and drifted back 15 yards into his own endzone... all the while looking at Ropati. He had ample time to throw the ball away and he's lucky that the ref blew the whistle when he did, I think 8 out of 10 times thats a safety. His other play that made me cover my eyes was a fastball to a wide open Gates. That pass looked like it was fired out of a canon... which is good except it made the catch 100 times more difficult. Gates was wide open, a simple dart to the chest and he's scoring a TD. Instead he uncorcked a FB that was about 2 feet too high and went off the fingertips of Gates. Just no touch whatsoever. I don't know how we recover from this, our whole goal is to keep the game ugly enough to win it in the end. When you're giving up turnovers at the pace that Geno is going, it's too much to ask for a defense to keep you in there.

Next week we face a desperate Atlanta team in Atlanta without Holmes and Hill. It's going to be more of the same.

It was like watching Sanchez at home against Buffalo his rookie year. There were some utterly brainless plays he made as you said, and it seemed as though he was shellshocked as soon as he threw that first pick. The TD drive he led was well executed, but it could be argued Tennessee had taken the foot off the gas by then. Still, I'm kind of glad those daft mistakes came in the one game rather than being spread out across our first four games of the season.

While he was bad, the coaches need to make an example of most of the team regarding yet another undisciplined (a holding call on a touchback?!) and sloppy display. Powell played well, Winslow was solid, Folk made both his kicks again and the run defence was stout. But there were far too many penalties for the second week in a row, the secondary was poor and the OLine offered little protection.

Perhaps this team needed a game like that though as the 2-1 start may have masked certain deficiencies? Yesterday's game showed that the majority of the time playing like that will get you punished severely.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 September 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Its one game. It was probably the worst game I have seen in a while. We need to even our expectations. I do believe we are a better team than what played yesterday but not as good as what played VS the Bills. We have alot of young new players and some real lack in the skill positions on Offense. We all knew this was going to be a tough year. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Thats true. and he is a rookie. at least he isn't getting paid 100 million and throwing 5 picks like flacco
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 30 September 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

It was like watching Sanchez at home against Buffalo his rookie year. There were some utterly brainless plays he made as you said, and it seemed as though he was shellshocked as soon as he threw that first pick. The TD drive he led was well executed, but it could be argued Tennessee had taken the foot off the gas by then. Still, I'm kind of glad those daft mistakes came in the one game rather than being spread out across our first four games of the season.

While he was bad, the coaches need to make an example of most of the team regarding yet another undisciplined (a holding call on a touchback?!) and sloppy display. Powell played well, Winslow was solid, Folk made both his kicks again and the run defence was stout. But there were far too many penalties for the second week in a row, the secondary was poor and the OLine offered little protection.

Perhaps this team needed a game like that though as the 2-1 start may have masked certain deficiencies? Yesterday's game showed that the majority of the time playing like that will get you punished severely.

You need to dampen your expectations a bit. None of us are happy about the interceptions and frankly I dont think Geno has deserved any stud ratings by us this year just because we won a sloppy game where he turned the ball over multiple times. This game we lost so he then gets a dud.

Anyway not every qb can come into the league and look amazing right away. Some need time. Geno has ten times the skill and potential that Sanchez had. But Sanchez came into a much better situation his first two seasons having so many league number 1 areas to help him. The defense saved many games and won for us that Sanchez didn't play well along with the running game and the league best offensive line.

Geno doesn't have that kind of talent to come into and he is getting hit almost every play.Frisco had a good team before Kap came in.

Ducasse still sucks in my opinion and should be a backup at best. The announcer said he looked great in one game but I didn't see it. Ducasse has gotten beaten bad at least twice every game and got his qb crushed. It makes sense why he is getting holding penalties.The word is still out on Brick but I think he is going downhill slowly. Plus we have Howard who is doing ok but lets not forget he was a St Louis throw away. Not to mention I wouldn't say he has the the best running game or receiving core to help him either.

I dont blame Geno for any of the fumbles behind the line because they are clearly the result of the o-line constantly getting beat. I dont like the interceptions like any other Jets fan but I do see a couple huge differences between Geno and Sanchez. The offense is driving more with Geno than it did with Sanchez, With Sanchez unless we were playing a terrible team he struggled to throw for even 200 yards( he had tons of games with under 200 yards passing which is really bad) and unless it was a bad team we were lucky if Mark threw for 2 tds. 3 tds was even rarer.

Geno is passing the ball down field far more than Sanchez ever did. Heck either the 2nd or 3rd game the announcers said it was the most down field passing of Jets qbs since the 90`s. And from what Ive seen more often than not Geno is putting the ball where the receivers can catch the ball easily which I rarely saw from Mark. Geno is far more accurate with short and down field passing. Most of Geno`s int`s are like 20 yards down field. Sanchez made a habit of throwing a 6 yard pass leading to an int which is why he had so many pick 6`s. At least with a down field int there is much less chance of a pick 6. I dont like the int`s but I dont want him to quit throwing long passes and just throw 5 yard passes and have a stagnate offense like we have had for years. The last thing is that while the int`s are bad ...most of them are actually on target. Geno is just not seeing the other defender(the help)and they are intercepting the ball. It isn't the main guy on coverage getting the ball.

Basically as bad as it looks there is hope for Geno. I never saw that in Sanchez ever. I thought from the end of the 1st year he wasn't any good and was sure of it early the 2nd year. All Geno has to do is learn to read the post snap defense better and make sure he sees enough of the field where he can see the help defenders. If he can do that most of his problems are solved. It would help too if he wasn't getting crushed almost every play.

Don't give up on the kid so early guys.He has a lot of talent and far less problem areas than Mark had. He only needs to correct one area. Mark had like 5 or 6 bad areas.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users