NYJetsFan.com Forums: Practice Report: Still No Holmes - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Practice Report: Still No Holmes

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes (hamstring) didn't practice Wednesday. He was wearing a sweatshirt and shorts during the portion of practice open to the media.

Santonio Holmes
#10 WR
New York Jets
2013 STATS

Rec
10Yds
243TD
1Avg
24.3Long
69YAC
62Holmes suffered a strained hamstring Sept. 29 during the Jets' loss to Tennessee. Holmes did not practice last week and it appears he will not suit up Sunday against his former team, Pittsburgh.

Cornerback Dee Milliner (hamstring) did individual work off to the side during practice. He suffered a hamstring injury Sept. 25 during practice and has not practiced or played since. It's too early in the week to know whether Milliner will have a chance to suit up Sunday.

Safety Jaiquawn Jarrett was not working during the portion open to the media. He was riding a stationary bike. Jarrett was not listed on last week's injury report, but Jets head coach Rex Ryan will provide an update on the safety when he meets with the media later.

The Jets were also without tight end Kellen Winslow (knee), defensive tackle Kenrick Ellis (back) and wide receiver Clyde Gates (knee). Ellis missed for a personal reason, while Gates was present during the open portion but did not work. Winslow was not on the field.

The Jets also made roster moves, signing defensive tackle Terence Barnes to the practice squad and releasing defensive tackle Junior Aumavae.

After last week's performance by Geno, I wonder if this is addition by subtraction
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

something tellssss me...you and holmes could make the bestest of friends
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

I get the dislike for Holmes, and a lot of it is deserved but he is BY FAR our best WR. When he's on the field, defenses actually have to account for him. The plays made by Kerley & Gates are about half of what they could be with Holmes. He's not playing up to his contract, but we need him back on the field in order for this offense to be somewhat dynamic. We won't play the terrible ATL defense every week.

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

why not have a thumbs up button . I agree SHJ
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

We are better at WR when we have Holmes and Hill on the outsides with Kerley in the slot. Its not addition by subtraction and I doubt Holmes plays this week, I heard he may miss a month.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 October 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

We are better at WR when we have Holmes and Hill on the outsides with Kerley in the slot. Its not addition by subtraction and I doubt Holmes plays this week, I heard he may miss a month.

its typical coming off injury after a year. revis went through the same thing. and we need holmes. say what you want but he's out best WR even if he is an asshat at time. when we had him and hill on the outside and mostly healthy they combined for 250 yards and 2 TDs and both had 50+ yard TDs. thats our thread to open up the run game. w/o them teams will stack the box. with holmes and hill teams have to respect their speed and can't bring up safties eveyr play. kerly is good but nobody is scared of him going deep like they are at hill and holmes. plus holmes has the best hands on the team. w/o him clyde OMG HE FINALLY CAUGHT ONE gates is dropping balls left and right.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

We're Holmesless.

#8 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

I would be real sweet if Holmes can play in the NE game so we don't have to count on Gates to drop another 4 balls.
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 09 October 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

After last week's performance by Geno, I wonder if this is addition by subtraction

So what are you implying? He is the cause of the interceptions and fumbles?Even if you are implying just the int`s its stupid. You might as well say Sanchez would have been a great qb if Holmes never played.

Geno`s interceptions are his own fault. Go back and look at the games. Geno was on target and accurate for pretty much all of the throws that led to interceptions but he didn't see the help defender when he threw the ball. Or Geno at least misjudged the speed of the help defenders to get to the ball. I doubt the interceptions are over but Monday was a big step forward.

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 October 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

So what are you implying? He is the cause of the interceptions and fumbles?Even if you are implying just the int`s its stupid. You might as well say Sanchez would have been a great qb if Holmes never played.

Geno`s interceptions are his own fault. Go back and look at the games. Geno was on target and accurate for pretty much all of the throws that led to interceptions but he didn't see the help defender when he threw the ball. Or Geno at least misjudged the speed of the help defenders to get to the ball. I doubt the interceptions are over but Monday was a big step forward.

Easy sparky. It was a question only. A thought process. A topic of discussion. Not a statement or a belief.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users