NYJetsFan.com Forums: The One Thing Geno Has That Sanchez Doens't That Makes Me Believe - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The One Thing Geno Has That Sanchez Doens't That Makes Me Believe

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

And thats confidence. the brett favre gun slinger never back down mentality. Sanchez too many time sin his career looked like he lost confidence and was playing tense and worried. afraid to pull the trigger or try to fit a ball in. He had it for a while but somewhere along the way he lost it, and the coaching staff seem to baby him so they didn't hurt his feelings. I hope geno never loses his
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

He throws a catchable ball and is more accurate than Eli.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Playing for the Jets will eventually ruin his confidence and crush his spirit.

#4 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostRoger Vick, on 09 October 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Playing for the Jets will eventually ruin his confidence and crush his spirit.

The team didn't do Mark any favors along those 4 years. While consistently drafting defensive players every year, they let the once good offense be taken over by a bunch of misfits that couldn't make it on other teams (Ducasse, Hunter, Greene, Gates, Mulligan,etc.) Every season he had a different OC, different wide receivers who were mostly me first guys.

I don't know how much difference it would have made for Sanchez but the first 2 years when there was a lot of returning quality players to block, run the ball, and catch it, Mark was an efficient QB who had a little 4th qtr magic in that arm of his.

#5 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 10 October 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

The team didn't do Mark any favors along those 4 years. While consistently drafting defensive players every year, they let the once good offense be taken over by a bunch of misfits that couldn't make it on other teams (Ducasse, Hunter, Greene, Gates, Mulligan,etc.) Every season he had a different OC, different wide receivers who were mostly me first guys.

I don't know how much difference it would have made for Sanchez but the first 2 years when there was a lot of returning quality players to block, run the ball, and catch it, Mark was an efficient QB who had a little 4th qtr magic in that arm of his.

All that is true, but at this point the dudes confidence (and skills, arguably) are completely shot and it's time to move on without him
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

My only problem with Gino is his lack of accuracy on touch passes. when he guns it in there it hits the receiver right on the hands but a wide open receiver 5 yards away it flies over his head
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 10 October 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

My only problem with Gino is his lack of accuracy on touch passes. when he guns it in there it hits the receiver right on the hands but a wide open receiver 5 yards away it flies over his head

I agree. He is a rook. He will hopefully figure all this out. The game is faster and more aggresive than it was in college. So far I am optimistic about him. he is doing more with less than Sanchez did in his first year. By week 12 or so we should have a pretty good idea if he is our guy for the future or not.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 10 October 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

My only problem with you is the fact you keep spelling his name Gino.

He's our QB for gods sake. G-E-N-O.

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 10 October 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

My only problem with you is the fact you keep spelling his name Gino.

He's our QB for gods sake. G-E-N-O.

I was wondering how long the grammar police would take. :trink39:
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

He does everything better than Sanchez.Ball accuracy in short--medium--long throws,pocket presence,reading the defense,scanning the field,quick release,no hesitation--usually throwing the ball at the right time,doesn't handcuff the offense at all. All these Mark couldn't do. Mark had to many flaws. Being tough and a good guy is great but it doesn't make a true starting qb.

People say its the oc but in the end no matter what oc you have it takes the qb`s ability to be able to handle what the oc wants to do. IF the qb cant do what`s in the oc`s playbook because he isn't good enough the oc also looks like crap.

Whether Geno is a legit starter remains to be seen but other than the int`s I like everything that I'm seeing out of Geno.

I never once said I like what I'm seeing out of Mark. Not ever.All I heard was excuses, its his rookie year,he only played one year of college,its his softmore slump,on and on.

If Geno can eliminate the int`s with experience he can easily be a top ten qb withing a year or two. He has the physical and mental talent. Something I never saw out of Mark. I never saw any of the talent in Mark that others said he had or would gain. He was to erratic from start to end. An erratic qb isn't a starter. Erratic is backup material at best. If the Jets wouldn't have made the AFC Championship those two years with the talent the team had I feel quite sure Mark wouldn't have lasted 4 years. He is a qb that never had what it takes that came into a good situation so his great many flaws were over looked.

I dont care if Mark had all the confidence in the world and we had the ability to wipe his memory of his bad play the week before every week. Mark never had the talent to be a starting qb. Geno has potential to be a starting qb in this league for a long time if he can eliminate the int`s.

Geno so far reminds me a little of Warren Moon with the way he plays.

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Geno's got some arrogance about him. That might sound negative - and he didn't come across well in the offseason when it came to firing his agent. But it's the right kind of arrogance and belief in himself, which allowed him to bounce back from the Titans game as he did Monday night. He doesn't seem to fear making throws either, which is something uncommon for a rookie QB - his arm helps with that matter. Just look at his TD throw to Cumberland on Monday night and the deep throw to Holmes that helped seal the game against Buffalo. It's still early days yet, but I like his mental skill set a lot and he's got the physical tools to be a success.

Sanchez, on the other hand, seemed to mull over his mistakes (and it probably didn't help that he was babied so much by the coaches implementing a traffic light system).

#12 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

The one thing Geno has that Sanchez doesn't?

Marty Mornhinweg.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users