NYJetsFan.com Forums: The One Thing Geno Has That Sanchez Doens't That Makes Me Believe - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I'm watching cops lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The One Thing Geno Has That Sanchez Doens't That Makes Me Believe

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

And thats confidence. the brett favre gun slinger never back down mentality. Sanchez too many time sin his career looked like he lost confidence and was playing tense and worried. afraid to pull the trigger or try to fit a ball in. He had it for a while but somewhere along the way he lost it, and the coaching staff seem to baby him so they didn't hurt his feelings. I hope geno never loses his
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

He throws a catchable ball and is more accurate than Eli.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Playing for the Jets will eventually ruin his confidence and crush his spirit.

#4 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostRoger Vick, on 09 October 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Playing for the Jets will eventually ruin his confidence and crush his spirit.

The team didn't do Mark any favors along those 4 years. While consistently drafting defensive players every year, they let the once good offense be taken over by a bunch of misfits that couldn't make it on other teams (Ducasse, Hunter, Greene, Gates, Mulligan,etc.) Every season he had a different OC, different wide receivers who were mostly me first guys.

I don't know how much difference it would have made for Sanchez but the first 2 years when there was a lot of returning quality players to block, run the ball, and catch it, Mark was an efficient QB who had a little 4th qtr magic in that arm of his.

#5 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 10 October 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

The team didn't do Mark any favors along those 4 years. While consistently drafting defensive players every year, they let the once good offense be taken over by a bunch of misfits that couldn't make it on other teams (Ducasse, Hunter, Greene, Gates, Mulligan,etc.) Every season he had a different OC, different wide receivers who were mostly me first guys.

I don't know how much difference it would have made for Sanchez but the first 2 years when there was a lot of returning quality players to block, run the ball, and catch it, Mark was an efficient QB who had a little 4th qtr magic in that arm of his.

All that is true, but at this point the dudes confidence (and skills, arguably) are completely shot and it's time to move on without him
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

My only problem with Gino is his lack of accuracy on touch passes. when he guns it in there it hits the receiver right on the hands but a wide open receiver 5 yards away it flies over his head
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 10 October 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

My only problem with Gino is his lack of accuracy on touch passes. when he guns it in there it hits the receiver right on the hands but a wide open receiver 5 yards away it flies over his head

I agree. He is a rook. He will hopefully figure all this out. The game is faster and more aggresive than it was in college. So far I am optimistic about him. he is doing more with less than Sanchez did in his first year. By week 12 or so we should have a pretty good idea if he is our guy for the future or not.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 10 October 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

My only problem with you is the fact you keep spelling his name Gino.

He's our QB for gods sake. G-E-N-O.

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 10 October 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

My only problem with you is the fact you keep spelling his name Gino.

He's our QB for gods sake. G-E-N-O.

I was wondering how long the grammar police would take. :trink39:
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

He does everything better than Sanchez.Ball accuracy in short--medium--long throws,pocket presence,reading the defense,scanning the field,quick release,no hesitation--usually throwing the ball at the right time,doesn't handcuff the offense at all. All these Mark couldn't do. Mark had to many flaws. Being tough and a good guy is great but it doesn't make a true starting qb.

People say its the oc but in the end no matter what oc you have it takes the qb`s ability to be able to handle what the oc wants to do. IF the qb cant do what`s in the oc`s playbook because he isn't good enough the oc also looks like crap.

Whether Geno is a legit starter remains to be seen but other than the int`s I like everything that I'm seeing out of Geno.

I never once said I like what I'm seeing out of Mark. Not ever.All I heard was excuses, its his rookie year,he only played one year of college,its his softmore slump,on and on.

If Geno can eliminate the int`s with experience he can easily be a top ten qb withing a year or two. He has the physical and mental talent. Something I never saw out of Mark. I never saw any of the talent in Mark that others said he had or would gain. He was to erratic from start to end. An erratic qb isn't a starter. Erratic is backup material at best. If the Jets wouldn't have made the AFC Championship those two years with the talent the team had I feel quite sure Mark wouldn't have lasted 4 years. He is a qb that never had what it takes that came into a good situation so his great many flaws were over looked.

I dont care if Mark had all the confidence in the world and we had the ability to wipe his memory of his bad play the week before every week. Mark never had the talent to be a starting qb. Geno has potential to be a starting qb in this league for a long time if he can eliminate the int`s.

Geno so far reminds me a little of Warren Moon with the way he plays.

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Geno's got some arrogance about him. That might sound negative - and he didn't come across well in the offseason when it came to firing his agent. But it's the right kind of arrogance and belief in himself, which allowed him to bounce back from the Titans game as he did Monday night. He doesn't seem to fear making throws either, which is something uncommon for a rookie QB - his arm helps with that matter. Just look at his TD throw to Cumberland on Monday night and the deep throw to Holmes that helped seal the game against Buffalo. It's still early days yet, but I like his mental skill set a lot and he's got the physical tools to be a success.

Sanchez, on the other hand, seemed to mull over his mistakes (and it probably didn't help that he was babied so much by the coaches implementing a traffic light system).

#12 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

The one thing Geno has that Sanchez doesn't?

Marty Mornhinweg.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users