NYJetsFan.com Forums: Report: Sanchez Irate With Idzik After Shoulder Injury - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (Yesterday, 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Report: Sanchez Irate With Idzik After Shoulder Injury PFT

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

With Mark Sanchez finally deciding to have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder, we’ve almost certainly seen the last of the quarterback in a Jets uniform.

That means time is running short for stories about the dysfunctional relationship between the team and Sanchez in the last few months of his tenure. Brian Costello of the New York Post gets one under the wire from the night that Sanchez was injured against the Giants in a preseason game.

Costello reports that Sanchez’s “emotions came out in a behind-the-scenes fit” after he was hurt in the game. Sanchez was inserted into the game with second and third string players in the fourth quarter after the Jets pulled Geno Smith. According to Costello, Sanchez screamed at General Manager John Idzik and was “furious” that the team put him into the game in that situation.

Tension has existed between the team and Sanchez since then, which presumably put the icing on the farewell cake that many expected the team would bake for Sanchez at the end of the season.

A good portion of the criticism heaped on the Jets for playing Sanchez at that moment had to do with the perception that Sanchez had become the starting quarterback by virtue of Smith’s struggles against the Giants that night. With Sanchez out, the Jets had no choice but to start the rookie. No one can know how the last five games would have turned out had Sanchez been in the lineup, but Smith has shown enough positives in those games to fully turn the page from the Sanchez era even before Sanchez officially did it by having surgery.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

he was pissed he got some snaps?

doesn't seem likely to me

probably pissed he got hurt
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Postsantana, on 09 October 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

he was pissed he got some snaps?

doesn't seem likely to me

probably pissed he got hurt

Pissed that he got snaps in that situation and got hurt in the process, on a late hit to boot, yeah, I see his point. A lot of ppl were wondering why Sanchez went in just then...shoulda left Geno to finish. It was a f*** all game anyway. Sometimes Rex's emotions carry him to strange places. In any event, at times life hands you a shit sandwich. Mark got handed one, except that the bread is stuffed with millions and millions of dollars. Sux to be him. If he rehabs OK and still has it in him to be an NFL quarterback then he will land with another team. If he was a never-to-be in the first place, then take the money, invest it wisely, and you can still have a wonderful life. It is what it is. Mark was on his way out here anyway. It was a magic carpet ride for him for the first few years but, how the mighty have fallen. Never woulda thunk his time in New York would've ended up as sour as this. But life is weird and these things do happen. How much would a golden handshake cost the team anyway? I dunno...I'm not up on this cap stuff.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sanchez felt like he was the starter, this probably ended up being a blessing. Sanchez was bringing this team down. Geno makes plays that Sanchez can't make and he brings much more confidence to the position. Our offense went from a terrible unit to a top 15 unit so far this season. One reason is Geno has been excellent in throwing the deep ball. Another is Marty Mornhinweg is a really good OC. But QBs make WRs.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Of course he was pissed. Who wouldn't be?

#6 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

View Postcanuckfan, on 09 October 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Pissed that he got snaps in that situation and got hurt in the process, on a late hit to boot, yeah, I see his point. A lot of ppl were wondering why Sanchez went in just then...shoulda left Geno to finish. It was a f*** all game anyway. Sometimes Rex's emotions carry him to strange places. In any event, at times life hands you a shit sandwich. Mark got handed one, except that the bread is stuffed with millions and millions of dollars. Sux to be him. If he rehabs OK and still has it in him to be an NFL quarterback then he will land with another team. If he was a never-to-be in the first place, then take the money, invest it wisely, and you can still have a wonderful life. It is what it is. Mark was on his way out here anyway. It was a magic carpet ride for him for the first few years but, how the mighty have fallen. Never woulda thunk his time in New York would've ended up as sour as this. But life is weird and these things do happen. How much would a golden handshake cost the team anyway? I dunno...I'm not up on this cap stuff.

View PostRoger Vick, on 09 October 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Of course he was pissed. Who wouldn't be?

Who gives a crap if he is pissed? I sure dont.

If Mark,the fans, or media is pissed at anyone for Mark being on the field at that point they should all be pissed at Mark. Yes Mark pissed at Mark.

I guess it isn't Mark`s fault that he was one of the worst qbs in the league leading the league in turnovers in the four year span and having the lowest qbr in that span and being near the top of the league in most of the bad categories??

If Mark would have handled his business to begin with he wouldn't have ever been in a position to be out in the 4th quarter to begin with. 4 years of handcuffing the offense and not even being able to handle it as a game manager in a very dumbed down offense. Not even able to complete an accurate 6 yard pass.

Any fans or the media that says different is stupid.

There are plenty of long time veteran qbs in the league that used to be starters that are 2nd,3rd string or 4th string trying to make a team because they cant make it as a starter anymore or couldn't make it has a starter at all. Someone has to play in the game. You would never see an established qb that has shown he is the hands down starting qb playing then.

The media are a bunch of morons. I couldn't believe it when more than once they had the sheer stupidity to say Brady, P Manning, or Brees would never have been playing then. I was like wtf?!?!?! It was like they were trying to compare a failed qb in Mark to one of the greats in the league. Of course the greats wouldn't have been out there. You cant even put a sh*t qb in the same sentence as one of the elite. Mark had 4 years to prove himself and didn't so that is why he was out there. You dont or shouldn't get the starting job by default with sh*t play just because you were the starter the year before.

The Jets dont owe Mark the starting job. Its his job to prove he deserved it and he didn't so he should be mad at himself and no one else.

If anything Mark should be happy for the money has made for his 4 years of sh*t and the fact that he got a free ride this year because of Tanny`s stupidity with the big undeserved contract he gave Mark. Injury or not without that contract handcuffing the Jets Mark would have been cut before the preseason or traded for a container of fishing worms.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users