NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis & ...muhammad Wilkerson ~ ~ ~ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (22 February 2015 - 04:46 PM) BREAKING NEWS: The New York JETS will be trading their #6 pick to Tampa Bay's #1 pick for a BAG of Shit and Darrelle Revis after he is signed in FA and sent back to Tampa Bay. - Source is Tom LaCanfora Glazer de la Menefee
santana Icon : (24 February 2015 - 03:18 PM) UEFA TIME
Chaos Icon : (25 February 2015 - 09:46 AM) http://seattle.sunti...-video-released
2JBallar01 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 04:54 PM) @RapSheet: The #Packers released LB AJ Hawk, their former first-round pick. It saves them $3.5M this year, which comes off their cap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 05:13 PM) @AdamSchefter 58s59 seconds ago
Jaguars expected to hire former Jets GM John Idzik as a consultant, per source.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:52 PM) AJ Hawk getting cut means that the Packers are going to try real hard to lock up Cobb
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:52 PM) and the Lions released oft injured Reggie Bush
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:29 PM) The Packers had the cap space to lock up Cobb regardless
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM) But Bryan Bulaga is also a FA< so they have 2 important guys to re-sign. I think the OT is more important for Rodgers
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 09:17 PM) 22 days 21 hours 27 min till FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) If we get rid of Harvin, Kevin White looks like a nice replacement.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) 6'3 runs a 4.35 and had elite production in college
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:38 PM) NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: WINTER SUCKS
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:41 PM) Lol Liverpool
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:42 PM) epl teams sucking ass this year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 04:41 PM) The Jills are negotiating with Josh "Tears of" McCown
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM) Now the Browns are trying to woo Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 01:59 PM) please please let the browns get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:40 PM) The Browns have signed Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:43 PM) YES!!
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:18 PM) ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini speculates free agent Michael Vick may draw some interest from the Ravens.
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:19 PM) vick stay here pls
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:18 PM) Sucks Anthony Mason died
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) but Josh "Tears of" McCown is now a perennial loser going from Tampa Bay to Cleveland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) going from one cesspool to another
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 09:46 PM) You realize the jets are in cesspool mode as well right?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) no we aren't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) we are in good shape compared to those 2 other franchises
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) so I'm not even putting MY JETS in the same category as those lowly Tampa Bay Bucs and Cleveland Browns
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:53 AM) The Jets are a total cesspool
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) FIRE TEH JETS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:27 PM) ALL TEH CAP SPACE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) NFL Expanding rosters from 53 to 55
santana Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) yay more room for quarter backs
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:31 AM) McCourty wont be tagged neither will Cobb or Maclin
santana Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) should get suh
santana Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) just destroy olines
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:40 PM) Nah hell want more than vet minimum. Can't have that.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:24 PM) Jets have $51 miles in cap space right now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:24 PM) Mil *
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:02 PM) So is Harvin going to be on the JETS roster in 2015 or we cutting him? What's the SCOOP
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:04 PM) my guess is if he does not restructure they will wait until they see what they can get in FA before making that decision.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:04 PM) We have until the 19th.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:05 PM) I cant wait until FA
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Revis & ...muhammad Wilkerson ~ ~ ~

#1 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Wilkerson can be Jets' next Revis

-- Muhammad Wilkerson was tending to something in his locker, paying no attention to what was happening behind him. When he turned around, the hulking defensive end was surprised to see about 10 media types, hovering.

"Whoa, whatís all of this?" he asked Wednesday in the New York Jetsí locker room.

This, Mo, is what happens when youíre a big man on the New York football stage.

Wilkerson is coming off one of his best games as a pro, a dominating Monday night performance that had ESPN analyst Jon Gruden gushing like a groupie. If America didnít know about Wilkerson before then, it does now.

ď
I think he's right there with the top defensive linemen in this league right now that aren't named J.J. Watt.
Ē -- Rex Ryan on Mo Wilkerson Quite simply, Wilkerson has a chance to be the franchiseís next Darrelle Revis, sans the player-management acrimony. Heís a homegrown star, not an import, ascending to the upper tier of his position.

"I think heís right there with the top defensive linemen in this league right now that arenít named J.J. Watt," said Rex Ryan, praising Wilkerson with the effusiveness he once reserved for Revis.

Ryan talked up Revis so much in 2009 that his words, no doubt, were thrown back at management when the two sides went to the bargaining table in the summer of 2010 -- i.e. the long and nasty holdout. Ryan didnít stop with the superlatives because, back in those days, he wasnít shy about speaking his mind and he felt Revis was an all-timer.

In a few months, the Jets and Wilkerson will be talking contract. He has only one year remaining on his rookie deal, and the team almost certainly will try to lock him up next offseason with a long-term deal -- probably the first mega-contract of the John Idzik era. The franchise-tag amount this year for a defensive end is $11.2 million, so that should provide a basic idea of how much of a yearly average weíre talking about.

Wilkerson said he hasnít given any thought to the pot of gold that awaits him. Not surprisingly, he said he doesnít want to go anywhere.

"Iím from New Jersey and, just being here these three years, itís been great for me," he said. "Iím happy here. I definitely plan on hopefully being a Jet for life."

Muhammad Wilkerson

#96 DE
New York Jets

2013 STATS
Tot19
Solo12
Ast7
FF2
Sack4.0
Int0
Revis used to say the same thing, but it got complicated, as we all know. The Jets missed an opportunity to hammer out a long-term extension in 2010 and Ö well, thereís no point in retracing that chapter. Presumably, they learned a lesson and will take care of Wilkerson before thereís any tension.

Heís a monster, the kind of player who can anchor a defense for a decade. Wilkerson already has four sacks, one shy of last seasonís total. Because heís not exclusively an edge player -- he often lines up inside -- itís not easy to pick up sacks. A double-digit total would be a ridiculous season.

"In my opinion, Iíd say heís the best [defensive lineman]," said linebacker Calvin Pace, the elder statesman of the defense.

Wilkerson was drafted 30th overall in 2011, so it wasnít like he was a canít-miss lottery pick. He went 19 spots after Watt, the Houston Texans stud. The Jets took some risk because Wilkerson didnít play in a power conference. He attended Temple and left after his junior year.

"We just saw a guy we thought could be a truly dominant player," Ryan said.

At the time, Ryan compared him to former New England Patriots star Richard Seymour, a potential Hall of Famer. People snickered. On Wednesday, Ryan claimed, "He actually does some things better than Richard does."

The best thing about Wilkerson is thereís not an ounce of diva in him. If there were any more blue in his collar, heíd be playing in construction clothes. He stepped briefly out of character in an offseason interview, admitting he felt snubbed by not being selected to the Pro Bowl. That, he promised at the time, would motivate him.

Reminded of his Pro Bowl ambition, Wilkerson backed off.

"Some people say Iím going to make the Pro Bowl," he said, probably alluding to Grudenís on-air hosanna. "I appreciate all the kind words, but at the end of the day, I have to play each game. Hopefully, weíll see at the end of the year."

Pace said it best: "I donít think he knows how good he is."

The Jets know. Maybe, just maybe, theyíll get it right this time and make sure he sticks around for a long time.

> http://espn.go.com/b....ets-next-revis
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

When it comes time to sign Mo they're not gonna make the same mistakes that they made with Revis Christ.

And I think Mo is likely to take a long term deal so long as he feels it's fair to him, Revis HAD to have that 16 million, not a dollar less, and that pretty much crippled the Jets from a bargaining standpoint

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users