NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis & ...muhammad Wilkerson ~ ~ ~ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Revis & ...muhammad Wilkerson ~ ~ ~

#1 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Wilkerson can be Jets' next Revis

-- Muhammad Wilkerson was tending to something in his locker, paying no attention to what was happening behind him. When he turned around, the hulking defensive end was surprised to see about 10 media types, hovering.

"Whoa, whatís all of this?" he asked Wednesday in the New York Jetsí locker room.

This, Mo, is what happens when youíre a big man on the New York football stage.

Wilkerson is coming off one of his best games as a pro, a dominating Monday night performance that had ESPN analyst Jon Gruden gushing like a groupie. If America didnít know about Wilkerson before then, it does now.

ď
I think he's right there with the top defensive linemen in this league right now that aren't named J.J. Watt.
Ē -- Rex Ryan on Mo Wilkerson Quite simply, Wilkerson has a chance to be the franchiseís next Darrelle Revis, sans the player-management acrimony. Heís a homegrown star, not an import, ascending to the upper tier of his position.

"I think heís right there with the top defensive linemen in this league right now that arenít named J.J. Watt," said Rex Ryan, praising Wilkerson with the effusiveness he once reserved for Revis.

Ryan talked up Revis so much in 2009 that his words, no doubt, were thrown back at management when the two sides went to the bargaining table in the summer of 2010 -- i.e. the long and nasty holdout. Ryan didnít stop with the superlatives because, back in those days, he wasnít shy about speaking his mind and he felt Revis was an all-timer.

In a few months, the Jets and Wilkerson will be talking contract. He has only one year remaining on his rookie deal, and the team almost certainly will try to lock him up next offseason with a long-term deal -- probably the first mega-contract of the John Idzik era. The franchise-tag amount this year for a defensive end is $11.2 million, so that should provide a basic idea of how much of a yearly average weíre talking about.

Wilkerson said he hasnít given any thought to the pot of gold that awaits him. Not surprisingly, he said he doesnít want to go anywhere.

"Iím from New Jersey and, just being here these three years, itís been great for me," he said. "Iím happy here. I definitely plan on hopefully being a Jet for life."

Muhammad Wilkerson

#96 DE
New York Jets

2013 STATS
Tot19
Solo12
Ast7
FF2
Sack4.0
Int0
Revis used to say the same thing, but it got complicated, as we all know. The Jets missed an opportunity to hammer out a long-term extension in 2010 and Ö well, thereís no point in retracing that chapter. Presumably, they learned a lesson and will take care of Wilkerson before thereís any tension.

Heís a monster, the kind of player who can anchor a defense for a decade. Wilkerson already has four sacks, one shy of last seasonís total. Because heís not exclusively an edge player -- he often lines up inside -- itís not easy to pick up sacks. A double-digit total would be a ridiculous season.

"In my opinion, Iíd say heís the best [defensive lineman]," said linebacker Calvin Pace, the elder statesman of the defense.

Wilkerson was drafted 30th overall in 2011, so it wasnít like he was a canít-miss lottery pick. He went 19 spots after Watt, the Houston Texans stud. The Jets took some risk because Wilkerson didnít play in a power conference. He attended Temple and left after his junior year.

"We just saw a guy we thought could be a truly dominant player," Ryan said.

At the time, Ryan compared him to former New England Patriots star Richard Seymour, a potential Hall of Famer. People snickered. On Wednesday, Ryan claimed, "He actually does some things better than Richard does."

The best thing about Wilkerson is thereís not an ounce of diva in him. If there were any more blue in his collar, heíd be playing in construction clothes. He stepped briefly out of character in an offseason interview, admitting he felt snubbed by not being selected to the Pro Bowl. That, he promised at the time, would motivate him.

Reminded of his Pro Bowl ambition, Wilkerson backed off.

"Some people say Iím going to make the Pro Bowl," he said, probably alluding to Grudenís on-air hosanna. "I appreciate all the kind words, but at the end of the day, I have to play each game. Hopefully, weíll see at the end of the year."

Pace said it best: "I donít think he knows how good he is."

The Jets know. Maybe, just maybe, theyíll get it right this time and make sure he sticks around for a long time.

> http://espn.go.com/b....ets-next-revis
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

When it comes time to sign Mo they're not gonna make the same mistakes that they made with Revis Christ.

And I think Mo is likely to take a long term deal so long as he feels it's fair to him, Revis HAD to have that 16 million, not a dollar less, and that pretty much crippled the Jets from a bargaining standpoint

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users