NYJetsFan.com Forums: London Growth Plans - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

OFF SEASON ALMOST OVER AUG 13 VS LIONS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (09 June 2015 - 08:52 PM) TEH METS
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM) You know what the Jets are due for?
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM) A good firing
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM) Fire Geno!
Mr_Jet Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:20 PM) Yes I highly recommend anybody looking to get into House of Cards to take a weekend to binge watch at least the first 2 seasons.
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:29 PM) I agree mr jet. The third was a little disappointing
azjetfan Icon : (10 June 2015 - 04:34 PM) Boss is what is what I am watching now. Not as good as house of cards but entertaining
Jetsfan115 Icon : (11 June 2015 - 03:53 PM) Eagles release absent Pro Bowl guard Mathis
Jetsfan115 Icon : (11 June 2015 - 03:54 PM) get it done big mac. instant upgrade at Guard for us
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:36 PM) 33 years old.
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:36 PM) Im not against it but it would have to be a short term deal
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:37 PM) rumor has it he wanted a raise over his $5.5 million base this year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:39 PM) 33 is young for a guard. he's got at least 3-4 more years in him
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:40 PM) Mmmmm I disagree.
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:40 PM) I would go 2 year deal.
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:41 PM) Maybe longer if we could get out of it after 2
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 June 2015 - 11:36 AM) backloaded 4 year deal ca cut after 2 years wit minimum cap hit
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 June 2015 - 02:22 PM) Jets sign free agent OT Charlles Brown
azjetfan Icon : (14 June 2015 - 01:48 PM) We won't be able to backload it. He won't accept the offer. Keep in mind he requested he release because they couldn't come to an agreement on a raise.
azjetfan Icon : (14 June 2015 - 01:49 PM) He is probably looking for $7 million or more per year.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 09:44 AM) he was only making 5.5 million this year. we can give him 10 mil signing bonus onf a 5 year deal and a low base salary (like 3 mil a year) it'll average out to 5 mil a year, but he'll get 13 million this year (more then double) and will cost 5 mil a year against the cap for the rest of the deal
2JBallar01 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 02:17 PM) Any news on Mathis at all? Haven't heard anything since his release.
2JBallar01 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 02:17 PM) Also, Sam Baker was cut today as well
santana Icon : (16 June 2015 - 04:52 PM) Titans releasing RB Shonn Greene
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 June 2015 - 10:40 PM) TEH WARRIORS
santana Icon : (16 June 2015 - 11:08 PM) This trophy ceremony awkward as fuck I had to turn it off
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 June 2015 - 08:02 PM) It really was. It was more Doris Burke interviewing the Warriors than it was a trophy ceremony. Plus Adam Silver forgot to hand the Warriors owner the trophy after he was done talking to the crowd.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 June 2015 - 08:03 PM) R.I.P. Stuart Scott
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 June 2015 - 10:05 PM) FIRE SILVER
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 June 2015 - 10:05 PM) FIRE BURKE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 June 2015 - 06:27 PM) THE A-ROD!!
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:19 PM) god damn week no activity in here
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:20 PM) might have to chop this table up into fire wood
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:26 PM) FIRE WOOD!
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2015 - 05:54 PM) Kristaps Porzingis???
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2015 - 05:55 PM) You'd think Isiah Thomas was still running the Knicks last night.
santana Icon : (27 June 2015 - 07:30 PM) Lol yeah no clue about those names
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) Is there any chance that Porzingis ends up being good?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) I'm guessing he won't be the next Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowviski
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:41 AM) You never know, he could be as good as Gasol brothers or Dirk. Honestly the Knicks picking at #4 did the same thing the 3 teams picking ahead of them did. Picked a 19 year who could go boom or bust.
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:45 AM) Porzingis seems to have the "I'm going to prove them wrong" type of attitude needed to overcome people's doubts about him. Hopefully he'll have the work ethic that goes along with that attitude.
azjetfan Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:17 PM) In other news I decided to shave the dome. Since the hair was falling out anyway I figured I would show it who's boss
santana Icon : (29 June 2015 - 01:11 PM) Deisel up shave the dome
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 June 2015 - 04:49 PM) Welcome home.
azjetfan Icon : (29 June 2015 - 08:59 PM) I feel fast.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

London Growth Plans

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,159
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Quote

NFL could play eight games with different teams in London, wonít expand

So whatís the long-term goal for the NFL in London? Commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday that he wants to put a team in both London and Los Angeles.

If that happens, it wonít entail expansion of the league. The NFL, weíre told, has no plan to grow beyond 32 teams.

And that would be a wise move. Based on the reality that there arenít enough healthy and competent quarterbacks to go around for 32 teams, it would be a mistake to add one or two more franchises.

Thus, if/when teams move to London and/or Los Angeles, the league will be relocating existing teams.

As to London, itís also possible that no one will move. Peter King of TheMMQB.com reported during Football Night in America that the league could play a full slate of eight games in England, with different teams playing in each game. Every team would play in London at least once every three years.

We floated the possibility of the cereal variety pack approach earlier this month, without actually knowing that it could be a possibility. According to King, it is.


http://profootballta...on-wont-expand/
0

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,161
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I don't really have that much of a problem with them expanding their brand over there if the demand is in place, but damn I would hate for them to relocate a team to London.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,279
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 28 October 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I don't really have that much of a problem with them expanding their brand over there if the demand is in place, but damn I would hate for them to relocate a team to London.


Relocating a team over here makes sense, and nor does playing eight games a season at Wembley. This proposal just smacks of the league getting too greedy and overestimating the success of the Wembley games.

At the moment with two to three a season played at Wembley, it's more than ideal for fans over here. Make that number eight and I highly doubt that as many neutral fans (ie those of other teams not playing at Wembley) will turn up throughout the season as they would have far more choice of which games to watch and the potential to be satisfied watching their own team play.

Cost is an issue too as the tickets aren't cheap. I've been to four of the games (Dolphins-Giants, Bucs-Patriots, Chargers-Saints and Broncos-49ers) and I think the average I must have paid for a ticket was in the region of £70, maybe even higher. If the NFL could sell out Wembley eight times with prices that dear - to sell it out for eight games, it would mean selling over 640,000 tickets - I'd be extremely surprised.

Additionally a number of the fans go as a once a season thing, with a large number travelling over from Europe. While that can be done extremely cheaply, the time it takes to fly and get through UK customs would be off putting, especially as you'd be looking at doing it once a fortnight!
0

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,161
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 28 October 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Relocating a team over here makes sense, and nor does playing eight games a season at Wembley. This proposal just smacks of the league getting too greedy and overestimating the success of the Wembley games.

At the moment with two to three a season played at Wembley, it's more than ideal for fans over here. Make that number eight and I highly doubt that as many neutral fans (ie those of other teams not playing at Wembley) will turn up throughout the season as they would have far more choice of which games to watch and the potential to be satisfied watching their own team play.

Cost is an issue too as the tickets aren't cheap. I've been to four of the games (Dolphins-Giants, Bucs-Patriots, Chargers-Saints and Broncos-49ers) and I think the average I must have paid for a ticket was in the region of £70, maybe even higher. If the NFL could sell out Wembley eight times with prices that dear - to sell it out for eight games, it would mean selling over 640,000 tickets - I'd be extremely surprised.

Additionally a number of the fans go as a once a season thing, with a large number travelling over from Europe. While that can be done extremely cheaply, the time it takes to fly and get through UK customs would be off putting, especially as you'd be looking at doing it once a fortnight!


Nice to see a perspective like that from someone from over there. If the money is there the NFL will do whatever to make it possible, but I don't see the BPL looking to relocate a squad to anywhere in the USA much less clamoring to hold some regular season matches here in the states.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,279
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 28 October 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Nice to see a perspective like that from someone from over there. If the money is there the NFL will do whatever to make it possible, but I don't see the BPL looking to relocate a squad to anywhere in the USA much less clamoring to hold some regular season matches here in the states.


There was the plan the other year to introduce a 39th Premier League game, with that round of fixtures played overseas. That died a quick death though! With the Premier League it's the TV money they rake in from overseas markets that bankrolls the league, whereas for the NFL it's the domestic market that does that. Any plans for eight games in the UK would also mean more competition against the Premier League, which will be a much greater issue than it is now.

If the NFL really wants more games in Europe (really 4 or 5 should be the maximum), it should play games in cities like Berlin, Barcelona (two cities where they used to have NFL Europe teams) or Paris as well as London. Also why not have more games in Mexico City? I remember the Cardinals-49ers game there in 2005 had a crowd of over 100,000!
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users