NYJetsFan.com Forums: Breaking Down Our Remaining Schedule: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (30 July 2014 - 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (Yesterday, 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) now that was a busy MLB trade day
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) some WS level moves too
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) Price to DET, Lester to OAK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Dubbs is going to be watching a lot of Fox Sports this season
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:11 PM) Brady Quinn going to be a college/NFL analyst
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) I didnt realize quinn was already out of the nfl
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:22 PM) Scooped up that new dortmund jersey
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) http://i.imgur.com/NkpSryy.jpg
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) Dope.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:23 PM) Brady Quinn has always looked like a plastic TV talking head jock anyway.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Breaking Down Our Remaining Schedule:

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Nov 17 @ Bills: Obviously this would be an easier game if we were playing Touel at QB, but EJ Manuel was cleared to resume football activities today. I don't know if that means that he'll play this upcoming Sunday or if he's going to have another week off before he comes back but either way, we'll probably be playing EJ Manuel. We're on a bye and we got 2 weeks to prepare for a rookie. Mobile QBs who get their knees hurt take several weeks to get the jitters out of their heads. For a rookie, practice is crucial and Manuel hasn't been able to step on the field in over a month. Needless to say, our defense (or the Steeler defense this upcoming week) is less than ideal for him to get his feet wet. They will have their full compliment of RBs for this game, but stopping the run is our bread and butter. I think the Jets come out and defensively shut the Bills down on all facets. The two weeks will allow Geno to get back in rhythm with his targets (Cumberland, Holmes & Winslow). Call this the David Nelson revenge game.

Nov 24 @ Ravens: The Ravens are a mess. Ray Rice is averaging 1.5 YPC and Flacco is having a terrible season (10 TDs, 9 INTs). Their secondary is god awful but they've been stout on the ground, allowing only 1 TD on the season. This is going to be a slugfest as we try to establish a run game. Rex has never beaten Baltimore as the HC of the NYJ. I think the Ravens are ripe for a loss this season as they're basically playing spoiler at this point and have a very brutal 4 game stretch of Bengals, at Chicago, Jets and Pittsburgh. Four tough games for them and you never know what shape they're going to be in coming off the Bengals and Chicago games.

Dec 1 Dolphins: Man f*** the Dolphins. I said it in March when they went out and signed Wallace. You can't build a vertical offense without having protection for your mediocre QB. Either way, their shitty OL just got a lot shittier without Incognito. Incognito is a dirty f*** who wore out his welcome at Nebraska, Oregon, St Louis and now Miami... but he's a nasty f*** that mauls the DL. Without him, you might as well guard Tannenhill with a velvet rope. BTW, the luster on Tannenhill is wearing off. The Fish lost 4 games in a row until the Bengals came to town still hungover from their W against the Jets. In case you're wondering the upcoming schedule for Miami looks like this: @Bucs, home against Chargers & Panthers, on the road against Jets & Steelers, home for the Pats, at Buffalo & home for the Jets. Starting with the road game against us, that's a brutal schedule especially with a Texas QB who's used to playing in Florida. New Jersey, Pittsburgh & Buffalo in December with no OL is no fun. I see the Fins finishing under .500

Dec 8 Raiders: I love this game simply for the fact that we don't have to fly cross country for once. The Raiders are coming here and it's a 1 o'clock game. We should be able to dominate against them simply due to the fact that warmups will be at 11, which if you're flying in from the WC a day before feels like 7AM.

Dec 15 @ Panthers: I think the Panthers are the most overrated team in the NFL right now and I can't wait to bet against them this week when they go to SF. During their current 4 game winning streak, they've beat Tampa, St Louis, Vikings and Falcons. Those are 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. I'm positive that when we play them in Week 15, they will be below .500. As a bonus, our game comes in between their two Saints games so they might be beaten up AND looking towards Week 16. Between the Raiders flying to NYC & us catching Carolina in between the Drew Brees sandwitch, the schedule makers did us a huge favor.

Dec 22 Browns: The Browns have an outside shot at a playoff spot as of right now, but their upcoming schedule is pretty rough. Next week they're off, then they play at the Bengals, home against the Steelers and Jags, at NE, home for Chicago and then finish on the road against the Jets and Steelers. The Bears expect Cutler back in 2 weeks so aside from the Jags game, there really isn't a single layup game here. The Steelers aren't any good, but I don't think they'll sweep them. I'm giving them wins against the Jags & Steelers at home and that's it. They're a 6-10, 7-9 team at best.

Dec 29 @ Miami: I love the fact that for the 2nd year in a row, we go to SoBe in January. Smart owners turn natural advantages into calculated strong points and dumb owners do dumb shit. For years, the Jets always played at Miami in September in that sweltering jungle. You could see it on the player faces come the 3rd Q that the heat was getting to them. Since Ross took over, he has gone after home game sell outs by the NY snowbirds who pack the stadium with Jets chants. The downside is, it's basically a home game for us without the snow and 30 mph winds that you expect in January in Jersey. Thanks Steve!

I have the Jets splitting with Miami and losing one of the away games against the Panthers or the Ravens. Honestly, we have a cup cake schedule going forward and realistically, with an average QB and our defense playing the way they are, we should run the table but we all know that the Jets will make it interesting. This has truly been an amazing gift of a schedule with the BYE coming now. After which, we get back Cumberland, Holmes & Winslow to bolster the anemic passing game.

Jets 10-6 (up 1 game from my May 9-7 prediction) and a WC birth. Wilk, Mangold, Ivory* & Folk Pro Bowlers.

*I know I'm going crazy with the Ivory shit. Currently, he's 14th in the AFC in total yards BUT aside from Jamaal Charles, he's less than 200 yards away from Arian Foster who is #2 and killing my FF team.

#2 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Nice breakdown. We already know Incognito is already done and other Dolfags (Pouncey and others) are headed for suspensions if not the ends of their careers as well. They've also given up the NFL most 35 sacks so far, so as long as our D-line plays like they did Sunday, Snacks is going to eat good for 2 games.
The Browns are honestly a scary game because they're honestly similar to us in that they win games they should lose and lose the ones they should win.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#3 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Waste of time of a breakdown and one I disagree with.

Also logic doesn't come into play with this team this year.

One week this team looks like a playoff team and the next week looks like one of the worst teams in the league.And it isn't just Geno playing great or bad. The whole team is either great or terrible from week to week I hope they figure it out soon. Whatever this team will do each week is like flipping a quarter in the air.

As far as your breakdowns....a lot of teams are back and forth just like the Jets from week to week.

The Browns have a decent defense and so do the Raiders. The Raiders are better than you think and with Prior running around and their great backfield don't be surprised if this game is a loss. Panthers aren't the best on offense but their defense is legit and one of the best in the NFL. The Ravens are a mess but counting them out is a mistake. Looking at what they did against the Browns means nothing. You know how divisional games can go. We counted out the Steelers and look what happened.

The Dolphins are a divisional game and they cant be counted out either. Also the Bengals gave the Jets a total a$$ whoopin but Miami played them well and won.

There are quite a few teams that look good one week then bad the next. Other than a few teams most of the league is pretty tight this year.

I don't have a clue what this team will do but we shall find out.

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 05 November 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Waste of time of a breakdown and one I disagree with.

Hahahaha Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 05 November 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

As far as your breakdowns....a lot of teams are back and forth just like the Jets from week to week.

No Bobby. You'd think this is random but it's not. Not even close. Every single one of our wins was visible coming a mile away. The week before we played New England, we we're all resigned to a loss. Not only was it the Patriots on their home opener, but we had 4 days to get a rookie ready for his first road game... which happened to be against Brady and BB. Our loss to the Steelers I saw coming a mile away and I was here all week before telling everyone to calm the f*** down because we were hosting a desperate team that happens to still have a lot of talented defensive players who, btw, had 2 weeks to get ready for Geno. Naturally they completely shut down our offense and made enough plays to scrape out a W. The Bengals were a terrible matchup for us and blew our doors off from whistle to whistle. Fortunately, there isn't another high scoring passing attack with a 4500 yards QB and Top 3 WR left on our schedule.

The only loss that's inexplicable in my eyes is the one to the Titans. That's a game we should've had and instead, Geno threw a bunch of picks. Hopefully this game doesn't come back to bite us on the ass. Nevertheless, a rookie QB on the road is why I said that we'll lose a road game either to the Ravens or Panthers.

View PostROBJETS, on 05 November 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

I don't have a clue what this team will do but we shall find out.

I do Bobby. I totally do. I did this similar type of write up in May and I had us 4-5 up until now. I had us finishing 9-7. Now I think that we can go 10-6. Point is, this shit isn't surprising. This is a playoff team and as the weather gets colder, the more our defense will be at an advantage. As long as Indianapolis does it's part and sweeps the Titans, we should be looking at a Wild Card. You heard it here first (back in May).

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

it looks pretty weak. but the jets will blow it. i mean the 2-6 steelers raped us
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 November 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

it looks pretty weak. but the jets will blow it. i mean the 2-6 steelers raped us

You give Dick LeBaeu 2 weeks to get ready for a rookie QB, he'll rape him 9 times out of 10.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 05 November 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

You give Dick LeBaeu 2 weeks to get ready for a rookie QB, he'll rape him 9 times out of 10.

whats the excuse for our defense getting destroyed by them?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 November 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

whats the excuse for our defense getting destroyed by them?

We gave up a total of 19 points despite 2 INTs. I don't think that's "destroyed".

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users