NYJetsFan.com Forums: 2014 Free Agency. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

2014 Free Agency.

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

So we got some young talent but still have holes. So how can we fill them?
well 1st off we have 23 million dead money this year, mostly from revis (13 million) all that comes off the books.
Then we save naother 8.3million by cutting or trading sanchez now were at 31 million
we could save 8.2 million from cutting holmes. but i think he takes a paycut and we save another 4 million so were up to 35 million
So the money is there. now what do we need?

QB - sign a decent veteran behind geno
options are weak. but maybe shaun hill?

WR - injuries have hurt us. but we still need 1 more. we'll keep hill, holmes, kerly for sure. I think we should keep nelson and salas. and sign 1 free agent. there are alot of good options
anquan bolden?
Jeremy Maclin
kenny britt?
hakeem nicks
emmanual sanders
devon hester (as a return man too)
Danario Alexander

I think nicks britt, and maclin are the 3 best options age and talentwise. nicks is a big body who fights for the ball. so is britt but he has off field issues. maclin is probably the best overall but has injury history. any 3 when paired with holmes, kerly, and hill will make a good WR group

TE - winslow and cumberland are both FAs. rueland looked ok but i don't want him as a starter. i think we bring back cumberland and let winslow walk. we could bring back keller or go to the draft. also olsen is another good option but overall weak TE FA group

RB - we should sign Run DMC. he is the big play guy we need. oakland will let him walk and he won't be expensive becuase he can't stay healthy. which for us is ok with ivory and powell on the roster.

O-line - we need a better RT and more depth and possibly a LG an grab depth in FA and a RT in the draft

CB - we should draft another CB to go with wilson, cro, an milner. but not too high. maybe 4th round

S - need another one to go with allen. mikell and draft would be nice

OLB - draft one to replace pace as a starter

ok so resigns
pace colon howard cumberland hillard

let walk
winslow, berry
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I don't think we need a better RT, I think Austin Howard is a very solid starter. Willie Colon is older and is on a 1 year deal, I think RG is our need on the OL.

We need to get some playmakers on offense. We need to add some WRs and maybe a TE and a RB. On defense we need a safety and OLB.


I like Jeremy Maclin, hes a guy who knows this system having played for Marty in Philly. Hes young and a quality WR. Coming off of an injury, probably won't cost too much. Still only 25.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 05 November 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I don't think we need a better RT, I think Austin Howard is a very solid starter. Willie Colon is older and is on a 1 year deal, I think RG is our need on the OL.

We need to get some playmakers on offense. We need to add some WRs and maybe a TE and a RB. On defense we need a safety and OLB.


I like Jeremy Maclin, hes a guy who knows this system having played for Marty in Philly. Hes young and a quality WR. Coming off of an injury, probably won't cost too much. Still only 25.


i'm not sold on howard. and if we target a RT in the 1st we could trade down and grab one late and an extra pick. colon is ok for 1 more year but we do need guards as well which can be grabbed later on. using a 1st on a guard isn't a great idea IMO

playmakers on offense could be DMC, get holmes back healthy, hill and that could be good enough

maclin is the best FA WR i agree but injuries concern me. i'd gladly take him though. or nicks or britt. any of them would be a great addition
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 November 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

i'm not sold on howard. and if we target a RT in the 1st we could trade down and grab one late and an extra pick. colon is ok for 1 more year but we do need guards as well which can be grabbed later on. using a 1st on a guard isn't a great idea IMO

playmakers on offense could be DMC, get holmes back healthy, hill and that could be good enough

maclin is the best FA WR i agree but injuries concern me. i'd gladly take him though. or nicks or britt. any of them would be a great addition


Anyone is better than Stephen Hill at this point.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#5 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

When is the last time Mccfadden has made a big play? There will be be much better options than him coming out of the draft and/or free agency. We need a massive upgrade at both WR spots, TE, RG, OLB. I have been nothing less than impressed by our safety play but have to add some depth there as well.
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 05 November 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Anyone is better than Stephen Hill at this point.


how many times do you see him open and geno doesn't find him or misses him. hill gets open consistently. thats all you can ask for
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 05 November 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

When is the last time Mccfadden has made a big play? There will be be much better options than him coming out of the draft and/or free agency. We need a massive upgrade at both WR spots, TE, RG, OLB. I have been nothing less than impressed by our safety play but have to add some depth there as well.


look at his team.

https://www.youtube....player_embedded
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 November 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

how many times do you see him open and geno doesn't find him or misses him. hill gets open consistently. thats all you can ask for


Couldn't tell you. He's too busy watching Greg Salas and David Nelson from the sideline.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 06 November 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Couldn't tell you. He's too busy watching Greg Salas and David Nelson from the sideline.


and here i thought you actually watched the games. you should be in the shoutbox. i can't tell you how many times this season someone (and not myself) said "hill was wide open and geno missed him, WTF"
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,639
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

I wouldn't sign DMC if I were GM unless he were to be signed to a super cheap contract. Someone will pay him more than he's worth because of upside, but he is damaged goods. Whats the point of having a stud running back if he's sitting on the sidelines for half the season? The guy can't stay healthy. No thanks.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 06 November 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

and here i thought you actually watched the games. you should be in the shoutbox. i can't tell you how many times this season someone (and not myself) said "hill was wide open and geno missed him, WTF"


I attend the games, so maybe I miss something that's shown on replays at home from time to time... so my apologies for not being on the expert level of analysis found in the shoutbox.

The fact remains that a guy they signed off the street in David Nelson is playing more snaps than Stephen Hill. It's pathetic. He's a one-dimensional developmental receiver who doesn't appear to be developing. He's trending towards being off the team by the end of next season.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 06 November 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I attend the games, so maybe I miss something that's shown on replays at home from time to time... so my apologies for not being on the expert level of analysis found in the shoutbox.

The fact remains that a guy they signed off the street in David Nelson is playing more snaps than Stephen Hill. It's pathetic. He's a one-dimensional developmental receiver who doesn't appear to be developing. He's trending towards being off the team by the end of next season.


you can't blame him for the QB not getting to him. and yes at games you don't get to see as much as you would watching on TV. hill should have at least 6 more TDs and twice the yards if geno had better vision
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 06 November 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

you can't blame him for the QB not getting to him. and yes at games you don't get to see as much as you would watching on TV. hill should have at least 6 more TDs and twice the yards if geno had better vision


So he should be top 5 in the league in TDs? OK.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 06 November 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

So he should be top 5 in the league in TDs? OK.


yup easily. almost every week geno mises hill wide open for a TD. its sad
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 05 November 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

So we got some young talent but still have holes. So how can we fill them?
well 1st off we have 23 million dead money this year, mostly from revis (13 million) all that comes off the books.
Then we save naother 8.3million by cutting or trading sanchez now were at 31 million
we could save 8.2 million from cutting holmes. but i think he takes a paycut and we save another 4 million so were up to 35 million
So the money is there. now what do we need?

QB - sign a decent veteran behind geno
options are weak. but maybe shaun hill?

WR - injuries have hurt us. but we still need 1 more. we'll keep hill, holmes, kerly for sure. I think we should keep nelson and salas. and sign 1 free agent. there are alot of good options
anquan bolden?
Jeremy Maclin
kenny britt?
hakeem nicks
emmanual sanders
devon hester (as a return man too)
Danario Alexander

I think nicks britt, and maclin are the 3 best options age and talentwise. nicks is a big body who fights for the ball. so is britt but he has off field issues. maclin is probably the best overall but has injury history. any 3 when paired with holmes, kerly, and hill will make a good WR group

TE - winslow and cumberland are both FAs. rueland looked ok but i don't want him as a starter. i think we bring back cumberland and let winslow walk. we could bring back keller or go to the draft. also olsen is another good option but overall weak TE FA group

RB - we should sign Run DMC. he is the big play guy we need. oakland will let him walk and he won't be expensive becuase he can't stay healthy. which for us is ok with ivory and powell on the roster.

O-line - we need a better RT and more depth and possibly a LG an grab depth in FA and a RT in the draft

CB - we should draft another CB to go with wilson, cro, an milner. but not too high. maybe 4th round

S - need another one to go with allen. mikell and draft would be nice

OLB - draft one to replace pace as a starter

ok so resigns
pace colon howard cumberland hillard

let walk
winslow, berry


Don't understand where you feel we need a RB. I think we are fine with our group as they are. And taking a WR in free agency doesn't make sense either. How many times do we see, players come from other teams and not live up to expectations.

I would use the draft to take impact players wherever they may be other than the defensive line. I believe Barnes can cover for Pace if we have to.

The one position no one seems to mention and that I believe is one of our weakest points is left tackle. Brick has been terrible for us. This year he has been pushed around and in 2010 graded out to be one of the worst LT's in the league. He is living on his reputation. And at his best he was never a great run blocker. I would spend whatever is necessary on the free agent market if a solid LT was available.

I think Winters and Colon, Mangold and Howard do a fine job. Colon needs to cut down the penalties and Winters is a kid. Ducasse will never pan out so getting rid of him makes sense.

I would definitely get rid of Sanchez and Holmes and require Harris to take a pay cut. With that money we could strengthen our secondary and see if any truly talented players become available on the free agent market. Otherwise, the draft is our best option and we should save the money for the following year.
0

#16 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,992
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 06 November 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

yup easily. almost every week geno mises hill wide open for a TD. its sad


Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 06 November 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

yup easily. almost every week geno mises hill wide open for a TD. its sad

He wouldn't catch it anyway. :29: :29:
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 06 November 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

yup easily. almost every week geno mises hill wide open for a TD. its sad


I know you like to sniff glue, but at what point did you start eating it too?
0

#19 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Are we being reasonable or are we just shooting shit? Anyway, I'd do this: cut Sanchez, Holmes & Harris. That puts us at about $50M below the cap. That's a lot of moola.

Sign:
Maclin (should be cheap since he needs to prove he can survive a season)
Brandon Pettigrew (Geno needs a safety blanket who can be on the field all 3 downs)
Resign Cumberland
Resign Howard
Resign Colon
If by some grace of god the Saints don't franchise Jimmy Graham, you write him a blank check and that's that.

On defense:
Sign Byrd or Tj Ward
Sign Brian Cushing. If Sean Lee is available, see Graham, Jimmy
Don't assume Barnes is going to pop right back, he's older and had one good season. Bring back Pace just in case.
Make a run at Okrapo.
If the Bucs clean house, you drop Cromartie and his $9M salary and you give Revis $12M for 5 years.


Draft:
WR/Pass Rusher
Pass Rusher/WR/Safety
OL/WR/CB/TE (since we got 2 picks.
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

If I were the Jets I would release Cromartie, save the $9.5 mil in cap space. He has been awful this season, bottom 5 CB in the league. Noway am I taking up $14 mil in cap space for him. He'll be 30 next season as well, hes losing his speed.


I would go out and sign Jarius Byrd, get a safety who can make plays and has coverage ability.

I would also sign Jeremy Maclin, experienced in this system and is young coming off a injury. ACL tears are not a huge deal anymore. I would also draft a WR very early. I would draft a RB and a OG and TE.

We also need to get a QB, I am not convinced with Geno Smith at all. He has been getting worse, not better.
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users