NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Argument For Bringing In Nnamdi Asomugha - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Today, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:25 PM) nope
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The Argument For Bringing In Nnamdi Asomugha

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Ever since we were snubed by Nnamdi Asomugha when he went to Philly Jets fans have smiled as Antonio Cromartie has gotten better and better while Asomugha has fallen out of favor. He was a disaster in Philly and a even bigger failure in San Francisco. However could bringing him into the Jets now make sense??? Asomugha was always considered a system player that the system he played in made him better then he was. However he was Very good in that system maybe no better then in 2008 when he allowed 16 completions and no TDs all year. Now who was the mastermind of the system that made Asomugha that good that year Rob Ryan. Now despite being twin Rex and Rob are not identical their defensive schemes have some differences. However they are both predicated on man to man coverage with pressure on the QB. In Philly he was asked to play way to much zone and in San Fran he was used in the nickle which he is ill equipped for as well. Nnamdi is a big bodied strait line speed CB which lends him to aggressive man to man on the outside. I'm not saying Nnamdi will work out to be a pro-bowler with the Jets but bringing him in for a look is low risk high reward. If he could be half as good as he was in 2008 he would be a huge upgrade over the Millner/ Walls combo we are working with now.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'm just realizing how I spelled Bringing wrong please forgive me grammar police
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Nnamdi was cut because he can't play. Bringing him in at this point makes little sense unless he's replacing Walls. He's not as good as Cro and he's not as good as Wilson in the slot. It makes a lot more sense to let Milliner keep developing than to shelve him in favor of a 32 year old journey man

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

How good was Nnamdi to begin with? At his apex, he was playing for a terrible Oakland team and everyone was saying "he's so good, no one throws at him". Then Al Davis gave him that retarded contract and when QBs started throwing on him, suddenly he started bouncing around the league. He went to the Eagles because the Raiders found a loop hole in his contract and then Victor Cruz destroyed him and he's been below average ever since.

#5 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

You have valid argument with the letting millner develop thing. However our pass defense needs help now If Nnamdi could be the immediate upgrade I think he could be I could see this team going far in the playoffs. Millner will still be used as a sub and his development wont suffer too much
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 05 November 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

You have valid argument with the letting millner develop thing. However our pass defense needs help now If Nnamdi could be the immediate upgrade I think he could be I could see this team going far in the playoffs. Millner will still be used as a sub and his development wont suffer too much

The problem with all this is that Nnamdi has zero upside. At this point, you're hoping he's basically "average". You don't yo-yo around a highly drafted rookie for "average". You live with Milliner's mistakes at this point if you're the Jets.

#7 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

he's a bum. nuff said.
... yea but he, uh the system... uh blah, blah
he's still a bum

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 05 November 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'm just realizing how I spelled Bringing wrong please forgive me grammar police

F*ck no! You are not forgiven.

Go sit in the corner for 15 minutes to think about what you did. Then make a thread and type "Bringing" 500 times so you don't make a terrible mistake like that ever again.

#9 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

lol i fixed the typo minutes after this was posted rob
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users