NYJetsFan.com Forums: You Guys Who Shot Down Nnamdi Are Agreeing With Cimini - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

You Guys Who Shot Down Nnamdi Are Agreeing With Cimini # never agree with Cimini

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Green Day: Just say no to Nnamdi

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

So cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is a free agent and a lot of folks on Twitter believe the New York Jets should pursue him. Hello? This isn't 2011.

He's done.

The Mike Tannenbaum-led Jets breathlessly courted Asomugha in 2011 during the lockout-shortened free-agency period before training camp, offering him $10 million per year (a shade below Darrelle Revis) on a multi-year contract. Luckily for the Jets, he decided to take his talents to South Philly, signing with the Eagles, who quickly realized his skills had eroded.

The San Francisco 49ers took a one-year flyer on Asomugha; he played in only three games and was released earlier this week. He's 32 years old and hasn't played well since 2010. Once regarded as the best corner in the NFL, Asomugha was rated 103rd at his position last season by ProFootballFocus. He allowed a 67 percent completion rate and five touchdown passes, per PFF.

He makes no sense for the Jets. He'd be what Bill Parcells used to call a "progress stopper." You bring in a player like Asomugha, and suddenly he's stealing time from a young player. They have a talented but inconsistent rookie in Dee Milliner, in whom they invested a guaranteed $12.7 million, and he needs to play. He displayed signs of progress last Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, perhaps a turning point. Kyle Wilson is solid as the slot corner. Barring injury, Asomugha would be the fourth corner on the Jets. If you haven't noticed, they don't use a lot of four-corner packages anymore.

I'd be surprised if general manager John Idzik makes a play for Asomugha, a once-great player who is unemployed for a reason.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 08 November 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Green Day: Just say no to Nnamdi

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

So cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is a free agent and a lot of folks on Twitter believe the New York Jets should pursue him. Hello? This isn't 2011.

He's done.

The Mike Tannenbaum-led Jets breathlessly courted Asomugha in 2011 during the lockout-shortened free-agency period before training camp, offering him $10 million per year (a shade below Darrelle Revis) on a multi-year contract. Luckily for the Jets, he decided to take his talents to South Philly, signing with the Eagles, who quickly realized his skills had eroded.

The San Francisco 49ers took a one-year flyer on Asomugha; he played in only three games and was released earlier this week. He's 32 years old and hasn't played well since 2010. Once regarded as the best corner in the NFL, Asomugha was rated 103rd at his position last season by ProFootballFocus. He allowed a 67 percent completion rate and five touchdown passes, per PFF.

He makes no sense for the Jets. He'd be what Bill Parcells used to call a "progress stopper." You bring in a player like Asomugha, and suddenly he's stealing time from a young player. They have a talented but inconsistent rookie in Dee Milliner, in whom they invested a guaranteed $12.7 million, and he needs to play. He displayed signs of progress last Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, perhaps a turning point. Kyle Wilson is solid as the slot corner. Barring injury, Asomugha would be the fourth corner on the Jets. If you haven't noticed, they don't use a lot of four-corner packages anymore.

I'd be surprised if general manager John Idzik makes a play for Asomugha, a once-great player who is unemployed for a reason.

I dont know how bad he is now but I doubt that he can be worse than Wilson. Wilson is far from solid. As Ive said many times Wilson has continually dropped on the depth chart . If he was so solid then why every year do we get beat in the middle? If he was so solid then why is he not starting opposite of Cro? Wilson is one of the main reasons the Jets aren't good against the pass every year. Wilson sucks period and he has played less and less because of it.

#3 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd rather go with what we have now, rather than bring in overpaid over rated vets. This isn't a superbowl team, lets build our younger guys, and see what holes we actually have. No to Nnamdi
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 08 November 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I dont know how bad he is now but I doubt that he can be worse than Wilson. Wilson is far from solid. As Ive said many times Wilson has continually dropped on the depth chart . If he was so solid then why every year do we get beat in the middle? If he was so solid then why is he not starting opposite of Cro? Wilson is one of the main reasons the Jets aren't good against the pass every year. Wilson sucks period and he has played less and less because of it.

Wilson is actually rated as the top nickel CB in the league this year. Cromartie is our biggest problem in the secondary this season.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Honestly, I havent noticed wilsons name being called in weeks, and for a corner, thats a good thing. Wilson will never be a true number 1 corner, but rex has him in position to be successful. I have no complaints about wilson. The guy is doing his job and doing it fairly well.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think Wilson has been great in the slot recently.

Cro needs to step his game up

but other than that I have zero issues with the defense

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Cro had a really nice pick vs the saints
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#8 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

yeah I don't hate on him, I like him a lot.

but while his play has steadily been improving over the season, it's the only link I can see that might be weak.

it's more a testament to how good our defense is than anything else

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't see where the knock on Wilson is coming from this season. He's played FAR better than he has in the past. Cro is playing poorly because he's still hurt and obviously not 100%. Are the people saying that Wilson & Cro aren't playing well actually suggesting giving Nnamdi a look? God I hope not. He was a product of the system he was in and he played for Oakland of all places so yes, he was going to stand out there. As soon as he left Oakland, he got exposed in Philly and ultimately went with a zero guarantee contract just to land a spot in SanFran.
If he would come in for minimum salary, then I'd give him a look but anything above the vet minimum is a waste as we need to continue to groom the young talent we've got. Nnamdi couldn't tie Cro's shoes even with Cro playing hurt. Wilson would shit all over him at this point.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users