NYJetsFan.com Forums: You Guys Who Shot Down Nnamdi Are Agreeing With Cimini - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets pick up option on Wilkerson
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

You Guys Who Shot Down Nnamdi Are Agreeing With Cimini # never agree with Cimini

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Green Day: Just say no to Nnamdi

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

So cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is a free agent and a lot of folks on Twitter believe the New York Jets should pursue him. Hello? This isn't 2011.

He's done.

The Mike Tannenbaum-led Jets breathlessly courted Asomugha in 2011 during the lockout-shortened free-agency period before training camp, offering him $10 million per year (a shade below Darrelle Revis) on a multi-year contract. Luckily for the Jets, he decided to take his talents to South Philly, signing with the Eagles, who quickly realized his skills had eroded.

The San Francisco 49ers took a one-year flyer on Asomugha; he played in only three games and was released earlier this week. He's 32 years old and hasn't played well since 2010. Once regarded as the best corner in the NFL, Asomugha was rated 103rd at his position last season by ProFootballFocus. He allowed a 67 percent completion rate and five touchdown passes, per PFF.

He makes no sense for the Jets. He'd be what Bill Parcells used to call a "progress stopper." You bring in a player like Asomugha, and suddenly he's stealing time from a young player. They have a talented but inconsistent rookie in Dee Milliner, in whom they invested a guaranteed $12.7 million, and he needs to play. He displayed signs of progress last Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, perhaps a turning point. Kyle Wilson is solid as the slot corner. Barring injury, Asomugha would be the fourth corner on the Jets. If you haven't noticed, they don't use a lot of four-corner packages anymore.

I'd be surprised if general manager John Idzik makes a play for Asomugha, a once-great player who is unemployed for a reason.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 08 November 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Green Day: Just say no to Nnamdi

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

So cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is a free agent and a lot of folks on Twitter believe the New York Jets should pursue him. Hello? This isn't 2011.

He's done.

The Mike Tannenbaum-led Jets breathlessly courted Asomugha in 2011 during the lockout-shortened free-agency period before training camp, offering him $10 million per year (a shade below Darrelle Revis) on a multi-year contract. Luckily for the Jets, he decided to take his talents to South Philly, signing with the Eagles, who quickly realized his skills had eroded.

The San Francisco 49ers took a one-year flyer on Asomugha; he played in only three games and was released earlier this week. He's 32 years old and hasn't played well since 2010. Once regarded as the best corner in the NFL, Asomugha was rated 103rd at his position last season by ProFootballFocus. He allowed a 67 percent completion rate and five touchdown passes, per PFF.

He makes no sense for the Jets. He'd be what Bill Parcells used to call a "progress stopper." You bring in a player like Asomugha, and suddenly he's stealing time from a young player. They have a talented but inconsistent rookie in Dee Milliner, in whom they invested a guaranteed $12.7 million, and he needs to play. He displayed signs of progress last Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, perhaps a turning point. Kyle Wilson is solid as the slot corner. Barring injury, Asomugha would be the fourth corner on the Jets. If you haven't noticed, they don't use a lot of four-corner packages anymore.

I'd be surprised if general manager John Idzik makes a play for Asomugha, a once-great player who is unemployed for a reason.

I dont know how bad he is now but I doubt that he can be worse than Wilson. Wilson is far from solid. As Ive said many times Wilson has continually dropped on the depth chart . If he was so solid then why every year do we get beat in the middle? If he was so solid then why is he not starting opposite of Cro? Wilson is one of the main reasons the Jets aren't good against the pass every year. Wilson sucks period and he has played less and less because of it.

#3 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd rather go with what we have now, rather than bring in overpaid over rated vets. This isn't a superbowl team, lets build our younger guys, and see what holes we actually have. No to Nnamdi
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 08 November 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I dont know how bad he is now but I doubt that he can be worse than Wilson. Wilson is far from solid. As Ive said many times Wilson has continually dropped on the depth chart . If he was so solid then why every year do we get beat in the middle? If he was so solid then why is he not starting opposite of Cro? Wilson is one of the main reasons the Jets aren't good against the pass every year. Wilson sucks period and he has played less and less because of it.

Wilson is actually rated as the top nickel CB in the league this year. Cromartie is our biggest problem in the secondary this season.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Honestly, I havent noticed wilsons name being called in weeks, and for a corner, thats a good thing. Wilson will never be a true number 1 corner, but rex has him in position to be successful. I have no complaints about wilson. The guy is doing his job and doing it fairly well.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think Wilson has been great in the slot recently.

Cro needs to step his game up

but other than that I have zero issues with the defense

#7 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Cro had a really nice pick vs the saints
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#8 User is offline   V DidDy 210 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

yeah I don't hate on him, I like him a lot.

but while his play has steadily been improving over the season, it's the only link I can see that might be weak.

it's more a testament to how good our defense is than anything else

#9 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't see where the knock on Wilson is coming from this season. He's played FAR better than he has in the past. Cro is playing poorly because he's still hurt and obviously not 100%. Are the people saying that Wilson & Cro aren't playing well actually suggesting giving Nnamdi a look? God I hope not. He was a product of the system he was in and he played for Oakland of all places so yes, he was going to stand out there. As soon as he left Oakland, he got exposed in Philly and ultimately went with a zero guarantee contract just to land a spot in SanFran.
If he would come in for minimum salary, then I'd give him a look but anything above the vet minimum is a waste as we need to continue to groom the young talent we've got. Nnamdi couldn't tie Cro's shoes even with Cro playing hurt. Wilson would shit all over him at this point.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users