NYJetsFan.com Forums: Geno Smith - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

THREE MORE SPOTS FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL: http://nyjetsfan.com...ndpost&p=356805
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) Is there any chance that Porzingis ends up being good?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) I'm guessing he won't be the next Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowviski
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:41 AM) You never know, he could be as good as Gasol brothers or Dirk. Honestly the Knicks picking at #4 did the same thing the 3 teams picking ahead of them did. Picked a 19 year who could go boom or bust.
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:45 AM) Porzingis seems to have the "I'm going to prove them wrong" type of attitude needed to overcome people's doubts about him. Hopefully he'll have the work ethic that goes along with that attitude.
azjetfan Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:17 PM) In other news I decided to shave the dome. Since the hair was falling out anyway I figured I would show it who's boss
santana Icon : (29 June 2015 - 01:11 PM) Deisel up shave the dome
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 June 2015 - 04:49 PM) Welcome home.
azjetfan Icon : (29 June 2015 - 08:59 PM) I feel fast.
azjetfan Icon : (01 July 2015 - 07:53 PM) Shot an 86 today. Personal best.
santana Icon : (01 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) well done
santana Icon : (01 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) im going to play friday
blk_orion Icon : (02 July 2015 - 08:57 AM) play what? golf?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 01:16 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 game for substance abuse.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 01:16 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 06:15 PM) DAMNIT TO f***ing HELL!!!!
azjetfan Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:46 PM) Yup. Golf. I'm ready to take on Tiger. Mid season form. For what ever reason I am hitting the driver great. 280 and fairly controlled. I'm playing again Saturday.
santana Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM) tiger shot a 66 today didnt he easy course though
santana Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM) things were going too well for the jets this off season
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 July 2015 - 10:33 PM) Well I guess Williams will be starting in opening day now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2015 - 09:34 PM) WOW homerun derby was awesome!!
santana Icon : (14 July 2015 - 03:56 PM) I missed it frown face
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 July 2015 - 09:35 PM) WOOOOOOO
SecondHandJets Icon : (25 July 2015 - 10:24 PM) CONFORTO > TROUT, JUST ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
santana Icon : (28 July 2015 - 10:52 AM) blasphemy
azjetfan Icon : (28 July 2015 - 01:37 PM) Brady suspension upheld
Chaos Icon : (30 July 2015 - 05:55 PM) https://twitter.com/...885423357390848
Chaos Icon : (30 July 2015 - 05:56 PM) God dammit Richardson. Jets need to pay Mo. Richardson is turning into a huge liability.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 July 2015 - 06:17 PM) good thing we drafted williams. thats why you take BPA
jets4life Icon : (30 July 2015 - 07:54 PM) Mike Freeman of the B/R has spoken to three NFL sources who all said they think Jets DE Sheldon Richardson Will Never Play Another Down In The Nfl following this arrest.

Freeman’s sources all pointed to the 12-year child and the loaded handgun in the car as two major concerns regarding the incident.
We’ll have more details regarding Richardson as the news is available.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 July 2015 - 08:44 PM) do we need to get rid of sheldon?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 July 2015 - 08:44 PM) wtf was he thinking driving 143 mph
azjetfan Icon : (30 July 2015 - 09:19 PM) My guess would be by the time he is done with all his suspensions he will not be under contract anymore.
azjetfan Icon : (30 July 2015 - 09:20 PM) The child and gun will do him in.
azjetfan Icon : (30 July 2015 - 09:20 PM) Was he charged with child endangerment?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 July 2015 - 10:53 PM) Why o why
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2015 - 07:29 AM) i think he was only charged with resisting arrest
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2015 - 07:29 AM) he isn't going anywhere. wife beaters get second chances and he won't?
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2015 - 07:29 AM) i'm sure he's going to be suspended for more than 4 games though
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 July 2015 - 10:16 AM) Richardson is a moron
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 July 2015 - 10:16 AM) Good thing we drafted Williams
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 July 2015 - 10:17 AM) Makes the decision easier to pay Wilkerson, someone who knows how to not get into trouble off the field
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 AM) put in full screen and turn up the volume.. One of the best music videos Ive ever seen. You might want the old lady seeing it though and definitely not the kids. No nudity but Butt galore!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 AM) https://www.facebook...?type=2&theater
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) meant might not want your woman seeing it
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) Now Wilkerson might be hurt...... f***
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Geno Smith

#21 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,302
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

agreed about your assessment about the team our inconsistency has been a trade mark for 45 yrs. simms to play in just an opinion thats all.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

1 TD 10 INT in the past 6 games. How is someone not benched for that?
Posted Image
0

#23 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

He is a Rookie The NFL is a Different Game than College Look at Manuel in Buffalo not doing so great either and now the NFL has caught up to RGlll in year 2 and Luck is 8-5 but we have a Rookie QB who has Struggled to say the least and 5 rookies total starting, and we have already reached the win total of last year with Sanchez, Holmes, Revis,and all the other issues, so I say 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, is not great but its better then last year with a Rookie Starting who may get better and Better, with all the other Rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players we have.
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 24 November 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

1 TD 10 INT in the past 6 games. How is someone not benched for that?


when your only other option is matt simms, he'd have to throw 1 TD and 50 ints before getting benched
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 December 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

when your only other option is matt simms, he'd have to throw 1 TD and 50 ints before getting benched


And what is Matt Simms again? I think hes a unknown, who says he would do worse than that? Geno is on a 2 TD 12 INT run now. 9 TD 20 INT for the season, hes clearly not our future.
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 09 December 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

And what is Matt Simms again? I think hes a unknown, who says he would do worse than that? Geno is on a 2 TD 12 INT run now. 9 TD 20 INT for the season, hes clearly not our future.


Simms is lucky to be on the team. He isn't an NFL QB. Geno might be doing bad, but simms won't be any better. at least geno is a rookie with potential. I think he issue is his decision making which can be fixed, so thats good. He just needs time. He could be the future he could not. Simms has 0% chance to be our future. With that said his TD was lucky. i am 95% sure he was aiming for holmes and kerly made a great play on it.

Also our WRs suck right now as does the o-line, its not all on geno
0

#27 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,158
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 December 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Also our WRs suck right now as does the o-line, its not all on geno


I agree with this statement. This is not all on Geno. However he has played poorly the past few weeks even by rookie standards. His supporting cast not only is a revolving door but also just plain bad. What makes me skeptical of him at this point is the way way he misses wide open throws, his hesitation and his lack of intensity. Time will tell.
Posted Image
0

#28 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

We need a real wide receiver. We haven't had one since Braylon Edwards the 1st time in my opinion. Everyone was in love with Holmes with his clutch plays but he was never a true number 1. Stephen Hill has not worked out he still could develop but will probably never be better then a #3. Jeremy Kelley is Jericho crotchety 2.0 great gutty slot player but never a true #1. Drafting a great wide receiver next year who could develop with Gino might really help him out.
Posted Image
0

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 09 December 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

We need a real wide receiver. We haven't had one since Braylon Edwards the 1st time in my opinion. Everyone was in love with Holmes with his clutch plays but he was never a true number 1. Stephen Hill has not worked out he still could develop but will probably never be better then a #3. Jeremy Kelley is Jericho crotchety 2.0 great gutty slot player but never a true #1. Drafting a great wide receiver next year who could develop with Gino might really help him out.


I think we can be alright w/o the draft. we don't have 2-3 years for one to develop and a lot of good FA WRs are out there. we could grab a guy like maclin or nicks and pair them with holmes (assuming he takes a paycut) plus kerly and hill in the slot and nelson/salas in the 5th and 6 spots.
0

#30 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,158
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 December 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

I think we can be alright w/o the draft. we don't have 2-3 years for one to develop and a lot of good FA WRs are out there. we could grab a guy like maclin or nicks and pair them with holmes (assuming he takes a paycut) plus kerly and hill in the slot and nelson/salas in the 5th and 6 spots.

We should just cut Hill. He is a bust.
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hill still gets another year maybe 2 to develop. He was a project when he was drafted and most WR don't break out till year 3. He is big and fast he may still get there
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,158
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 09 December 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hill still gets another year maybe 2 to develop. He was a project when he was drafted and most WR don't break out till year 3. He is big and fast he may still get there

I was just busting 115s chops. He is a big Hill supporter
Posted Image
0

#33 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think hill has been a disappointment. I remember being at his first game against the bills when he scored 2 TDs. I thought he was the second coming of jerry rice then reality set in.
Posted Image
0

#34 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,281
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

What we saw from Geno against Oakland was much better, although it was ridiculous that the commentators were praising him for having one of his best games in the NFL. Geno did look more confident in the pocket even when there was pressure, used his legs well and his accuracy was better.

Yet the interception he threw (and the play before when he was almost picked of) were awful, while the offense seemed to have been scaled down. There certainly weren't as many deep throws called than has been the case throughout the year.

I think he certainly deserves to start the next three games and that giving significant playing time to Simms at this point would be counter-productive. Prior to the Raiders game there may have been a case for that. But now Geno's had his first solid game in a few weeks, let him play out the season and hopefully build some more confidence.
0

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 11 December 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

What we saw from Geno against Oakland was much better, although it was ridiculous that the commentators were praising him for having one of his best games in the NFL. Geno did look more confident in the pocket even when there was pressure, used his legs well and his accuracy was better.

Yet the interception he threw (and the play before when he was almost picked of) were awful, while the offense seemed to have been scaled down. There certainly weren't as many deep throws called than has been the case throughout the year.

I think he certainly deserves to start the next three games and that giving significant playing time to Simms at this point would be counter-productive. Prior to the Raiders game there may have been a case for that. But now Geno's had his first solid game in a few weeks, let him play out the season and hopefully build some more confidence.


IMO from what i seen, is geno is best throwing the ball downfield. in the 15+ yard range. he has zip and throws a nice deep ball. but in the short game (the 5-10 yard throws) he struggles where accuracy is so important in traffic. his pick against oak was a little behind a WR on 3rd down that if thrown in the right spot would have been a 1st down. Thats the kind of throws peyton manning never misses. If geno wants to succeed he needs to make those throws period. I think that marty need to roll him out more and give him space to see the field and let him air it out. geno wont be succesfull running a timing offense. he needs to be in a an attack down the field offense
0

#36 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,158
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 11 December 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

IMO from what i seen, is geno is best throwing the ball downfield. in the 15+ yard range. he has zip and throws a nice deep ball. but in the short game (the 5-10 yard throws) he struggles where accuracy is so important in traffic. his pick against oak was a little behind a WR on 3rd down that if thrown in the right spot would have been a 1st down. Thats the kind of throws peyton manning never misses. If geno wants to succeed he needs to make those throws period. I think that marty need to roll him out more and give him space to see the field and let him air it out. geno wont be succesfull running a timing offense. he needs to be in a an attack down the field offense

He also looked best in the 2 minute offense. That may be key against the Panthers great D
Posted Image
0

#37 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

  • Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,302
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AUSTIN,TX MALE member 2000-01

  • NFL Team:

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

Geno lacks a great touch and zip on his throws . he should go work out with drew breeze during the off season . please don't go to jet west . other wise the best Geno can do is be a lesser Eli . if there is a common fact about the Jets they can't pick a winner at QB .and neither can any jet fans around here.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image
0

#38 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 09 December 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

I think we can be alright w/o the draft. we don't have 2-3 years for one to develop and a lot of good FA WRs are out there. we could grab a guy like maclin or nicks and pair them with holmes (assuming he takes a paycut) plus kerly and hill in the slot and nelson/salas in the 5th and 6 spots.

Don't agree. I do like buying a WR in free agency but still believe we need to draft a stud if possible. Think we should go QB in round 1 if Manziel is available (fat chance). Would even trade up to get him and I never like trading up. Otherwise I like this kid Bortles and Garrapola (East Illinois) but he may come much cheaper in later rounds.

I especially like Mike Evans from A&M and if he is available when we draft we should grab him (again, this assumes Manziel is off the board).

The simple fact is that I have no confidence in Smith. Not saying he can't get much better but I am saying that gambling on him to be the guy and if not, wasting another 3 years after the 4 year waste with Sanchez just doesn't make sense.

If Idzik is true to his word, the competition will bring the best out in both QB's.
0

#39 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postchocomag, on 13 December 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Don't agree. I do like buying a WR in free agency but still believe we need to draft a stud if possible. Think we should go QB in round 1 if Manziel is available (fat chance). Would even trade up to get him and I never like trading up. Otherwise I like this kid Bortles and Garrapola (East Illinois) but he may come much cheaper in later rounds.

I especially like Mike Evans from A&M and if he is available when we draft we should grab him (again, this assumes Manziel is off the board).

The simple fact is that I have no confidence in Smith. Not saying he can't get much better but I am saying that gambling on him to be the guy and if not, wasting another 3 years after the 4 year waste with Sanchez just doesn't make sense.

If Idzik is true to his word, the competition will bring the best out in both QB's.


I'm not against drafting a QB high at all. But WR isn't as big of a need right now. Especially with the FA market saturated this year. Guys like nicks and maclin are number 1st and young (25,26) and can instantly make a difference. Add in holmes kerly hill nelson etc. We need a TE (cumberland is average and winslow is average , old, and injured all teh time. O-line (RG, RT, LG) RB (ivory and powell aren't game breakers) if we can get a LG, RT, RB in rounds 2-3 (we have 2 3rds) a TE in the 4th, QB in the 1st, and some o-line i'd be happy.
0

#40 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 13 December 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I'm not against drafting a QB high at all. But WR isn't as big of a need right now. Especially with the FA market saturated this year. Guys like nicks and maclin are number 1st and young (25,26) and can instantly make a difference. Add in holmes kerly hill nelson etc. We need a TE (cumberland is average and winslow is average , old, and injured all teh time. O-line (RG, RT, LG) RB (ivory and powell aren't game breakers) if we can get a LG, RT, RB in rounds 2-3 (we have 2 3rds) a TE in the 4th, QB in the 1st, and some o-line i'd be happy.


The Jets need a game-breaker at WR. There are no game-breakers in free agency this year.

Holmes won't be on the team next year. Kerley is a #3. Hill is a worthless bust. Nelson is a league average #3 or #4 at best.

HOW is WR not a big need?
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users