NYJetsFan.com Forums: Done Making Excuses For This Season.. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Done Making Excuses For This Season..

#1 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

I have been optimistic way too long. Their was no excuse for coming out as flat as they did today when you are supposed to be making a playoff push. It was almost like you knew that we were going to lose after trying that stupid field goal in that wind.. You can say Geno don't have any receivers all you want but those int's were flat out ugly + all the fumbles. I am done giving Rex a pass too, steak dinner, week off = not ready to play. We were slapped around all day by a team that was wounded also, how silly do you look doing all that trash talking when you are getting your ass whooped.... What has happened to Nick & Brick ? They went from pro-bowl to no- bowl.

You guys can rip me all you want but today was embarrassing. The time out when it was called a catch in our favor, then the challenge when you could see by the replay that he was in bounds... COME ON MAN !!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Nick Mangold has been steadily declining, he was once the best center in football. But since 2011 he hasn't been the same. Hes not even a top 5 center anymore. Brick was great last season, this year he had some bad games, not sure that today he was bad because I just noticed Winters, Colon, and Howard getting destroyed.
Posted Image

#3 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

I don't know what's so shocking about the team being terrible at certain points. We all expected a fucked season. Nobody expected the Jets to be contending for the playoffs this late in the year. Every 2 weeks I have to see shit here and on facebook with people talking about the Jets need to clean house, fire Rex, Geno sucks, blah blah blah. The team wins the subsequent week and all these fears are alleviated, only to re-appear with the next loss. The team was never going 16-0, and Geno is going to have growing pains as a QB. He has next to nothing to work with on offense (yet) and the team is #6 in the AFC....mellow out everyone
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't think anyone expected 16-0. Just be ready to play.... A week off, Dave & Busters the night before, then get flat out stomped by a team without their best recievers...Sorry I just can not give a pass here... Face it this team was not ready to play... Geno is careless with the ball & can not read a defence to save his ass....

#5 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

I think everyone should stop talking about giving Rex an extension. A week off and come out looking like shit. That trip to Dave and busters should of never happened. His ass should of been gone with Tannenbaum.

#6 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 18 November 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

I think everyone should stop talking about giving Rex an extension. A week off and come out looking like shit. That trip to Dave and busters should of never happened. His ass should of been gone with Tannenbaum.

How can anyone prove that trip to Dave and Busters had a negative impact on the team's performance though?

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Considering I expected an 8-8 or 7-9 record this year I have to say I am rather ok with the season. I think we have unrealistic expectations as fans sometimes. All the Rex hate also is mind blowing. He was in second place behind Andy Reid yesterday morning for coach of the year.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 18 November 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

How can anyone prove that trip to Dave and Busters had a negative impact on the team's performance though?

Dont you understand they are supposed to sit and stare at blank walls in thier hotel room. I would say they could practice or review the game plan but the union only allows so much time of work.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 17 November 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I don't know what's so shocking about the team being terrible at certain points. We all expected a fucked season. Nobody expected the Jets to be contending for the playoffs this late in the year. Every 2 weeks I have to see shit here and on facebook with people talking about the Jets need to clean house, fire Rex, Geno sucks, blah blah blah. The team wins the subsequent week and all these fears are alleviated, only to re-appear with the next loss. The team was never going 16-0, and Geno is going to have growing pains as a QB. He has next to nothing to work with on offense (yet) and the team is #6 in the AFC....mellow out everyone

Thank you.

We have the most bipolar fans in the NFL.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#10 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'm not saying clean house, but their is no excuse for coming out playing that flat after a bye... No rush, No protection, stupid penalties, int's, bad challenges, stupid time out's, fumbles, field goal attempt in 50mph wind gusts, trash talking while getting your ass beat........ Must I go on ? If you are not flat out pissed the way they played, I have to question if you are a real JET fan.. Maybe you haven't been waiting 44 yrs like me... One SB in my lifetime I don't think is too much to ask.... Yes, Geno does SUCK...Just don't turn the ball over, fall on your ass or something. Two years in a row leading the league in turn overs by the QB...Like I said no excuse to play lights out against the Saints & NE then SHIT the bed against Buffalo....

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

View Postmgjetman, on 18 November 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

I'm not saying clean house, but their is no excuse for coming out playing that flat after a bye... No rush, No protection, stupid penalties, int's, bad challenges, stupid time out's, fumbles, field goal attempt in 50mph wind gusts, trash talking while getting your ass beat........ Must I go on ? If you are not flat out pissed the way they played, I have to question if you are a real JET fan.. Maybe you haven't been waiting 44 yrs like me... One SB in my lifetime I don't think is too much to ask.... Yes, Geno does SUCK...Just don't turn the ball over, fall on your ass or something. Two years in a row leading the league in turn overs by the QB...Like I said no excuse to play lights out against the Saints & NE then SHIT the bed against Buffalo....

Is that question directed towards me?
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#12 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

once Geno was hurt they should of kept Simms in,it was all downhill after that... no reason for that many int's and playing that shitty not scoring and then ur backup comes in and scores in less than 5 minutes like it was nothing... i tweeted this earlier,Simms is gonna end up getting traded for some garbage that wont do shit on this team and end up pulling a Alex Smith with some other team and we'll still be lookin for a QB smh

#13 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Mr_Jet.... Anyone that thinks thats acceptable. Are you not the least bit upset with the way they played ? To beat good teams then always loose to the teams we are supposed to beat just don't make no sense, show some consistency.

#14 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

View Postmgjetman, on 19 November 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Mr_Jet.... Anyone that thinks thats acceptable. Are you not the least bit upset with the way they played ? To beat good teams then always loose to the teams we are supposed to beat just don't make no sense, show some consistency.

Nobody is pleased with the outcome of the Buffalo game, but to see fans knee jerk reactions after every loss is just really annoying. There isn't much offensive talent to speak of right now and the Jets have already exceeded expectations. Bottom line like I said is to mellow out.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

:trink39:

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 November 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Nobody is pleased with the outcome of the Buffalo game, but to see fans knee jerk reactions after every loss is just really annoying. There isn't much offensive talent to speak of right now and the Jets have already exceeded expectations. Bottom line like I said is to mellow out.

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postmgjetman, on 19 November 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Who's saying the way they played yesterday was acceptable? I haven't seen anybody here say that. What I'm saying is the fans reaction from one week to the next is laughable. The Jets win and we're talking about the playoffs, the Jets lose and they're the worst team in the league. We went into this season knowing this was a rebuilding year and that we were going to have to deal with the growing pains of a rookie QB. So I don't see why some of you are so shocked that they played like shit yesterday. We all knew back in August that there would be days like yesterday. It is frustrating to see them play so flat especially after a bye week. I understand people feel the need to vent, that's natural. I'm just saying people shouldn't go back to talking about things like playoff seeding if the Jets win this Sunday. We had our Super Bowl win this year when the Jets snapped the losing streak to the Patriots. And the win against the Saints was just the icing on the cake. But again this is still a rebuilding year and Geno Smith is still a rookie. We should continue to remember that, especially after the Jets win.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers

#17 User is offline   blk_orion Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Postmgjetman, on 18 November 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

44 yrs??? You should be used to this even if this wasn't a rebuilding season. Relax

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users