NYJetsFan.com Forums: New York Post Starting Crap Again - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

New York Post Starting Crap Again

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Resentment could return to Jets locker room

The Jets locker room is at a delicate juncture in the season. The offense’s struggles could easily lead to some resentment from the defense, something we’ve seen to differing degrees in each of the last two seasons.

The new book “Collision Low Crossers” that documents the 2011 Jets season shows just how much tension there was between the two units with the defense feeling it was doing its job but getting no help from the other side of the ball.

A similar feeling existed last year with the tension becoming evident after the team lost to the Titans in December when Antonio Cromartie shouted he wouldn’t talk to reporters because he did not want to tell the truth.

Now, the Jets are in similar territory. They are 5-5, the same record as 2011 and one game better than at the same point in 2012. The defense has played well up front and been dominant at times. The offense is struggling with Geno Smith committing a ton of turnovers.

After Sunday’s 37-14 loss to the Bills, you could sense the frustration building in members of the defense.

“We’ve seen that for the last six years,” linebacker Calvin Pace said. “Throw the ball to the other team, you will lose.”

Pace also declined to answer another question, saying his answer would not be good for the team.

The makeup of this team is significantly different than in the past few years. The defense has a lot of new faces. But you still wonder if this thing goes south, will the locker room come apart?

http://nypost.com/20...ts-locker-room/

#2 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Well this is always expected from the sports media.

If you look at it one way we the fans and the media are so used to the Jets getting close but always falling short or one fiasco or another so the media is always going to start things like this. Whether they are right or wrong the players want to win and no team is happy unless they are winning because these guys are the best of the best.

Even we loyal fans with sense fall into it but as some with the voice of reason have stated time and time again...not much was expected of the team this year. The Jets have already exceeded expectations this year no matter what they do the rest of the season so there are some good positives here.

If the team can get a lot better against the pass within the next year or so this team should be able to compete with anyone then. The defensive line is young and I figured last year they would get better. It was smart starting with young guys instead of bringing in high paid veterans because its paying off.

As far as Geno what he is is still a mystery. He has a lot of talent and 10 times the skill that Sanchez has. That said I hope this is just a rookie thing and he needs more experience because when he is in the zone this offense can be pretty explosive even with an offense that has mostly average players. Hopefully Geno can vastly cut down on the turnovers with more experience. We really do need to revamp the offensive line now to help him.

Anyway dont fall into this article. They are just trying to start sh*t.

We all know this year was considered a rebuilding season and next year will probably be the same but we are making progress.

#3 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

This is the same paper that produced this nonsense: http://deadspin.com/...uste-1466804321

Your Latest Dumb Jets Scandal: A Trip To Dave & Buster's

The Jets lost to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, and they lost badly. This was not a surprising turn of events, as the Jets are a not-very-good football team that often loses badly to other football teams that are good and sometimes also not very good. But these are the Jets, so obviously their latest loss can pass without a stupid, drummed-up controversy.

The New York Post's Mark Cannizzaro decided to do a bit of shit stirring after the game when he wrote about Rex Ryan's decision to take his team to Dave & Buster's Saturday night instead of staying in the hotel to conduct meetings. As Cannizzaro has it, this was an act of hubris that may have motivated the Bills toward victory:

But there is no arguing the perception Ryan created, unwittingly delivering a motivational bullet to a struggling Bills team that had lost its previous three games by a combined 41 points.

Ryan's intentions were surely pure, meant as no disrespect to anyone. If Ryan is about anything as a head coach he is about team building and camaraderie.

But he had to know what the perception would be: The Jets were so confident they replaced team meeting time with a night out of Skee-Ball and Pac-Man.

Sillier still is the fact that a few Bills players did their part to throw fuel on the fire, and talked as if the trip to Dave & Buster's really was a slight against their team:

"Me personally, I feel it was disrespectful. I take my nephew to Dave & Busters,'' Bills defensive end Mario Williams told The Post.

"What were they thinking?'' another member of Bills told The Post. "I can understand if the team was tight and needed a break to loosen up, but they were coming off a bye week.''

I guess when you play for a franchise with a history as bleak as Buffalo's, you have to go digging for motivational material in the stupidest of places. Cannizzaro then turned on poor Willie Colon, who had to defend his team for daring to enjoy a few hours of shitty arcade games and low-grade chicken wings and act as a set-up man for Cannizzaro's killer kicker:

"It was team-bonding moment for us to grow together as a team,'' Colon said. "It had nothing to do with our actions on the field.''

That's also debatable.

This is a dumb thing that absolutely nobody should care about.

"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#4 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

A Rupert Murdoch "news"paper trying to stir up controversy where there is none? I'm shocked.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users