NYJetsFan.com Forums: Before Most Of You Start Complaining.... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:29 PM) uh oh - "Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence"
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Before Most Of You Start Complaining....

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm not even mad about any of this. We knew the team was going to be absolutely terrible, so what's the big shock about dropping 2 games in a row in this fashion? Last I checked Geno was supposed to be awful and wasn't supposed to be any good. The Jets were ranked #32 in the initial power rankings. We're seeing the trickle down effects of how much Mike Tannenbaum really screwed this team over. I don't see why some people are all up in arms wanting the team to clean house, start Simms, fire Idzik and all that dumb shit. To be honest for THIS Jets team who nobody expected anything out of, 5-6 at this point of the season is an accomplishment. I'm going to wait to see what Idzik does in free agency this offseason with a LOT of cap space to work with to help this kid out on offense before I judge Geno's body of work. The jury is still out.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Agreed. The first few games of the season stretched expectations beyond where they should be, especially with a team fielding a rookie QB and the mix of castoffs (however hard-working they may be) at skill positions on offense.

While Geno's play the last four games has been extremely ugly, I'm far more concerned about other areas of the team that will be dealt with once the season is over. Benching Smith and putting Matt Simms in won't fix the serious faults elsewhere on this team.

Our offensive line has been horrific recently, especially when 'protecting' the pass. And the big plays the defence has been giving up have meant we've been playing from behind in a number of games. Against the run, the defence has been excellent, while the pass rush has been very good. But no team can count on its defensive front - not even one as good as that the Jets have - from creating pressure or recording a sack on every passing down. The points given up from those plays have meant that on offense we've been moving away from the run. I know we came from behind to beat the Saints, but that was largely down to a few big plays of our own - mostly from Chris Ivory.

But with the number of new starters we have on the team, those flaws can arguably be expected.

With money to play with, let's hope Idzik deliver in the offseason, because there are plenty of areas on this team where upgrades are needed.

This post has been edited by Smedsthejet: 24 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Couldn't agree more.

All of this fire Izdik, fire Rex, Geno's a bum $hit is laughable. The excuse is "expectations are higher for rookies now". Really? So the expectations are now for a rookie second round pick QB to come to a team with a new OC, no legitimate WR's or run game, shotty O-line protection to succeed immediately on a team picked to finish last in the league.

We were expected to have the #1 overall draft pick. We'll end up with #17-20 & STILL have a shot at a Wild Card which is honestly truly amazing at this point.

Do I blame people for being aggravated with losing 2 in a row? Not at all, but it's non-stop negativity anymore, even when we win for fvck sake. Geno's not Luck or Wilson. Get over it. They're the EXCEPTIONS to the norm. NOT the fantasy norm that some people apparently believe exists.

We're a lot better than we saw today. Going into the game, we had the #1 run D in the league and number 8 run offense even with the rush game being shaky at best throughout the season. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few weeks.

But let me ask a question.........would everyone expect instant success if we got the #1 draft pick and drafted Terry Bradway or whatever the hell his name is? If so, you're insane to believe it.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thsnkfully I'm not the only one. Idzik hardly has any of the pieces he wants in here yet. If the Jets take advantage of the cap space that they're supposed to have next offseason by bringing some playmakers here and Geno is still playing like this, then by all means pull the plug. As far as I'm concerned, the Jets were supposed to be awful this season, so why are we complaining now that they've lost 2 in a row for the first time all year? I would keep Geno in for the remainder of the season (barring some kind of massive blowout or a situation where it isn't conducive to have Geno play) and let him take his lumps. He'll learn from these bad rolls of film and should get better.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

I have said many times we are where I thought we would be. The thing I would like to see out of this season would be for the rookies to develop. Winters, Geno, Richardson, Dee. Outside of Richardson I am worried. I do believe Dee will get it turned around but Geno is a huge concern right now in my mind.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Long read, but worth it if you take the time. Throw it out on the front page if you want. I love coming to this site because we can actually talk sensibly and even when we debate about shit, sometimes it may get out of hand but everyone normally at least makes intelligent points on both sides. I may be frowned upon due to certain viewpoints regarding my opinion about a former player but it is what it is. I still stand by my opinion.

I am concerned for Geno's mental health more than the INT ratio at this point. If he gets benched for the remained of the season, that can be tremendously detrimental to his development as he'll lose any self confidence that could be built after getting some success under his belt. 3 of our last 5 are at home with away games in Carolina and then closing out in Miami. A lot can happen in that time period. Yes.....some people here point out that he's got 18 INT's. I say big deal. Peyton Manning had 28 INT's his rookie season in a run first offense. Manning threw a pick for ever 20.5 passing attempts. Know where Geno is when compared to Manning? One every 28.8 pass attempts.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not saying Geno is even close to Peyton Manning, but honestly, who knows? Drew Brees has had only ONE year in which he hasn't had double digits and had 22 only 2 years ago with 9 fumbles (only 2 lost). It wasn't until Brady's 7th season as a starter before he got under 12 INT's himself.

Geno is being completely bashed by some, but he's actually ranked higher then Aaron Rogers right now. People say EJ Manuel is better. Well.....NFL.com disagrees apparently. According to QB rankings on nfl.com, Manuel is 11 spots BELOW Geno @ #30 while Geno is #19 (sounds about right). Rogers, Henne, Schaub, Cutler, Kaepernick, Glennon, Bradford, Ponder, Pryor, Foles, Manuel, Weeden & Fitzpatrick are all UNDER Geno at this point. If you don't believe me, take a look for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/s...&seasonType=REG

Yes, he's throwing far too many INT's. There's no arguing that, BUT the loss yesterday in no way shape or form falls entirely on Geno. Our secondary had INT's bouncing off their facemasks. Salas seemed to be the only receiver who knew how to catch. Rex and company all but took the ball out of Geno's hands because they didn't trust him throwing into the wind on the road. What DOES fall on Geno is his refusing to run when the opportunity presents itself. We won a game with his legs already this season and now he's not scrambling for some reason. He is definitely having some growing pains and all of the turnovers are something he's not used to after lighting it up on the collegiate level but he's a work in progress. When he's on, he has some very nice games. When he throws his first pick, it gets in his head and he tries to overcompensate which leads to more turnovers. If Geno doesn't show improvement over the last 5 games, we're looking at Mike Glennon, Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd or Johnny Manzeil to be brought in to battle for the starting QB spot.

We're still in the hunt for that final wildcard spot even though it goes to Tennessee currently due to the better conference record as there's what? 5-6 teams all with a 5-6 record so our boys will need to fight and scrap for every point that can get on the board. Even if we fail to reach the playoffs, I honestly don't give a shit. If we manage to win 2 of the last 5 and finish at 8-8, THAT alone is a HUGE result when we were picked to finish dead last in the league. I'm not about ready to throw in the towel and say even this season is done yet. We've got 5 games left with 4 being very winnable IF the team can come together as a solid unit. We've got Miami twice, Oakland, Carolina & Cleveland. We honestly can't sleep on any of them because just as easily as we can win 4 of the 5, we can also lose all 5. Oakland was seen as trash but the McGloin kid or whatever the hell his name is has shown promise. Miami always plays us tough. Cleveland is a mirror image of us in that they win games they're supposed to lose and lose games they're supposed to win. Carolina? We're absolute underdogs in that one. Especially with the game in Carolina. So,we've got a realistic shot at 8-8 and possibly even 9-7 and a WildCard birth. How about we see some positive thoughts rather than non-stop "We Suck" and "Geno's the worst. 1 TD vs 10 INT" bullshit. I honestly don't give a flying fvck if he throws 100 INT's if we actually win the damn games. I'd prefer he doesn't throw them but in a pass first league, the number of INT's is expected to increase. None of this fantasy bull$hit that "rookie expectations are higher". According to who? If the attention to the vertical game has obviously gone up, so has the attention to defend against it, so no......it's NOT realistic to have higher expectations for a rookie QB. Stop thinking that Russel Wilson & Andrew Luck are the norm when they're the exception.

Like Harlem said......we're going to have some money to play with in the offseason as well as a 3rd or 4th rounder coming to us from the Revis deal, we could end up with as many as 4 compensatory picks if all players lost qualify.

This is how we SHOULD end up in next year's draft:

First round – one pick (middle)
Second round – one pick (middle)
Third round – two picks (one early, one middle)*
Fourth round – two picks (one middle, one late)
Fifth round – two picks (one middle, one late)
Sixth round – one pick (middle)
Seventh round – three picks (one middle, two late)**

Overall – 12 picks

* Early third rounder could become an early 4th rounder if Revis is cut by the Bucs in early March just to avoid giving up the pick by being resigned considering they have no dead money by doing so. The only thing they take a risk with would be him signing elsewhere.

** One of the late seventh rounders could become a late sixth rounder if Shonn Greene plays a lot in the second half of the season

Still feeling really shitty about the team? I'm not. God knows we need help on Offense. The O-line still gets punished by some teams. We still have no legit #1 Wide Outs as Holmes has definitely lost a step. f***ing Greg Salas looks like our best hands at the moment with limited opportunities. Maybe we've got a TE, maybe not. Our RB corps is not as exciting as we'd hoped but it's still top 10 so it's manageable. WR is our biggest Offensive concern AGAIN since we've done nothing really to correct the problem. Hill is going to be lucky to be on the team next season. Salas has a better shot right now than Hill does.

Defensively, our LB's are getting old. Secondary? Milliner is not turning out to be the star everyone had hoped he'd be. Kyle Wilson is having a much better year in my opinion in the nickel. Cro is dealing with a nagging hip injury and looked like he did more damage to it yesterday. All of these things can be corrected. Our D-line is amongst the best in the league it not the best. The biggest question will be whether Woody sees that and will give Rex another shot at it or not by allowing him to stay on the final year of his contract and see what he does. If we fail to make the post-season this year and next, I'll join everyone in saying he needs to be canned as HC but retained as DC because otherwise, I think we move further away from the post-season than we would be with him. We're missing 3-4 pieces. Between free agency and the draft, there's no reason why we shouldn't contend not only for the post-season but also for the division. New England is not the regular season juggernaut they once were. Miami seemed as if they were going to be a lot more competitive and I honestly believe if it weren't for their inner turmoil, they could very well be leading the division. Buffalo? Well......that depends. If Rex stays on next season, Buffalo stays in the basement. If Rex is let go and the wrong person is brought in, we'll be taking up that spot.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#7 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 November 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Geno is being completely bashed by some, but he's actually ranked higher then Aaron Rogers right now. People say EJ Manuel is better. Well.....NFL.com disagrees apparently. According to QB rankings on nfl.com, Manuel is 11 spots BELOW Geno @ #30 while Geno is #19 (sounds about right). Rogers, Henne, Schaub, Cutler, Kaepernick, Glennon, Bradford, Ponder, Pryor, Foles, Manuel, Weeden & Fitzpatrick are all UNDER Geno at this point. If you don't believe me, take a look for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/s...&seasonType=REG

You realize that list is sorted by passing yards, right?
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I agree with what you say. But the issue is this. Yes the jets were expected to suck major balls. and win 2-4 games and have a top 5 picks. and had we started 0-6 with a rookie QB no WRs and a young defense learning (richardson, milner, davis, wilkerson, coples, allen, etc) I would have been ok with it. But its the way the jets cna get your hopes up and play great and knock off 2 top teams (NE, NO) then fall to complete shit afterwards that pisses me off. they have to get your hopes up just to fail every single time :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I agree with what you say. But the issue is this. Yes the jets were expected to suck major balls. and win 2-4 games and have a top 5 picks. and had we started 0-6 with a rookie QB no WRs and a young defense learning (richardson, milner, davis, wilkerson, coples, allen, etc) I would have been ok with it. But its the way the jets cna get your hopes up and play great and knock off 2 top teams (NE, NO) then fall to complete shit afterwards that pisses me off. they have to get your hopes up just to fail every single time :banghead:/> :banghead:/> :banghead:/>

Part of being young is learning how to be consistant. At this point we have over acheived. That shows alot of promise. Dont ride the weekly emotional rollercoaster. Look at the bigger picture and enjoy the Saint, Patriot type games for what they are.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 25 November 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Part of being young is learning how to be consistant. At this point we have over acheived. That shows alot of promise. Dont ride the weekly emotional rollercoaster. Look at the bigger picture and enjoy the Saint, Patriot type games for what they are.

its the same thing we always see. yes i know geno is a rookie and yes we have very little offensive fire power and the 3rd OC in 3 years but seriosuly i would have rather shit the bed then compete and just barely miss out
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 25 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

its the same thing we always see. yes i know geno is a rookie and yes we have very little offensive fire power and the 3rd OC in 3 years but seriosuly i would have rather shit the bed then compete and just barely miss out

I could not imagine what you would be saying if we where 0-11
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 25 November 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

I could not imagine what you would be saying if we where 0-11

I'd be like yay top 3 pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 November 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'd be like yay top 3 pick

You would not be saying yay.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 November 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

You would not be saying yay.

I'm not saying yay now and we aren't making the playoffs or getting a good pick.
Shitting the bed > barely missing the playoffs
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 November 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'm not saying yay now and we aren't making the playoffs or getting a good pick.
Shitting the bed > barely missing the playoffs

I dont think you would ever say yay. Long term anyway. I am not taking a stab here just knowing human nature and reading enough opinions on this forum I feel comfortable saying it is never nor ever will be enough.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users