NYJetsFan.com Forums: Who Is To Blame? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Who Is To Blame?

#1 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Being a homer, its impossible to see things as they really are. That being said, who is "DEVELOPING" these players? Our draft has been all but exclusively Defense. I HAD high hopes for Wilson while he was training with Revis pre injury...he has settled in as the nickle & this week didnt get to play corner over vet Lankster after miliner was pulled. We have Walls that has shown some flashes of improvement here & there. On offense, how is our line getting worse? What AREN'T they being worked on? Hill is stupid fast...yet can't get open to save his life, doesn't make adjustments on the fly (Like not comin back to the ball on a nice tight spiral Simms threw in the end zone like NORMAL WRs would do) & the dropsies (who isnt MAKING him stay on the jugs for 100 catches before & after practice) Then there is our QB situation we have been enduring for so many years! With Sanchez I felt they were trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole. Gina is deflated & no one seems to be able to get his head right.

I just wonder who is suppose to be developing these players? Are we THAT talentless? I don't think its as doom & gloom as it seems.

Just my thoughts as I wallow in self pity feeling Power is a good back, Cumberland is a good TE, Kerley is a good #3, Ivory is a good back, Simms is workable to be our best option...I dont know...Like I said, Imma homer & see our team through rose colored glasses.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,028
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

FIRE IZDICK
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,028
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

But no...Mike Tannenbaum is the one to blame. He put the Jets in this position. There are a bunch of people here saying to start Simms and all that dumb shit but I really didn't see him do anything Geno couldn't. It's probably better to have Geno finish out the year and I am far from a Geno Smith homer but the fact of the matter is and I will keep saying it, he needs time. His entire body of work should not be judged based on these games in a transitional year where he has nobody else around him. Geno does need to do a lot of things better himself and that is pretty evident yesterday but what better time to do that in a transitional year where there were no expectations to be had in the first place? The kid can take his lumps for the rest of the year and with any luck in 2015 he will get some more help via free agency and the draft. If Idzik wants to get some more offensive help in here and then wants to sign a experienced quarterback like Michael Vick I would be okay with that
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#4 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

I dont know...honestly, the reason I dont like Gina is his demeanor. Not the shit that happens because of his decisions. Every time they show him:be it getting to the stadium, on the sideline, or any where from start to finish...he looks defeated. He has NO confidence, swag, nothing. His interviews make me think he has Holmes chirping in his ear. He just doesnt strike me as a leader. Sims on the other hand...looks more mobile (even if he isn't) fearless & willing to LEAD. He chose to make a statement in the off season by not attending Sanchez's Jets west, which I would think he would JUMP on ANY chance to work with the WRs. Just strikes me as an individual that has 10 others on the field with him.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,894
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

I think we all knew this was a rebuilding year week one. We won a few games and people got there expectations up and now we are ready to jump off the bridge. We may win one more game this year. lets be realistic. It will be another couple years before we are contenders.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

  • Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,271
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Warwick, RI
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

The main culprit of this organization being in the position that they are in....Robert "Woody" Johnson who has no passion for this organization, this business and most importantly the fan-base...he is driven by 1 thing and 1 thing only...THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR and how he can continue to grow that pile of CASH and not put a tangible product which is how you actually make that money pile grow more and more...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react
0

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,258
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 02 December 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

But no...Mike Tannenbaum is the one to blame. He put the Jets in this position. There are a bunch of people here saying to start Simms and all that dumb shit but I really didn't see him do anything Geno couldn't. It's probably better to have Geno finish out the year and I am far from a Geno Smith homer but the fact of the matter is and I will keep saying it, he needs time. His entire body of work should not be judged based on these games in a transitional year where he has nobody else around him. Geno does need to do a lot of things better himself and that is pretty evident yesterday but what better time to do that in a transitional year where there were no expectations to be had in the first place? The kid can take his lumps for the rest of the year and with any luck in 2015 he will get some more help via free agency and the draft. If Idzik wants to get some more offensive help in here and then wants to sign a experienced quarterback like Michael Vick I would be okay with that


Yep - we're paying largely for a vacuum of young talent on the roster.

The folly of frittering away draft picks for veterans has come to roost in these past couple of seasons.

While we may not have been too far away from the Super Bowl in Rex's first couple of seasons and as good as some of the acquisitions have been (for instance Cro and Braylon), Tannenbaum was too much of a gambler. Hindsight is always 20-20, and I may have supported some of the moves back when they were made, but the lack of young talent and depth on the team is really holding us back.

Some of our high draft picks - Ducasse and Hill especially - were gambles as well that haven't paid off. Instead we could have taken players with slightly less potential 'upside', but far less risk and greater production. Instead, their failure to pan out is partly why we have players like David Nelson contributing so much and Brian Winters thrown into the fray so early.

Just looking at our recent draft history now, from 2008 there are no selections still on the roster (Keller was the last to go). Of the three selected in 2009, just Sanchez remains - and likelier not for much longer. From 2010, there's Wilson and Ducasse still around. We're starting to see some value from Wilson, but next to none from Ducasse. The 2011 and 2012 classes have been better, although the Hill pick hasn't upgraded our receiving corps. But the lack of impact players from the three preceding years - players who would now be in the prime of their careers - hurts. And those picks that haven't panned out mean Idzik will have to plug holes that he shouldn't really have to.
0

#8 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,028
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 02 December 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Yep - we're paying largely for a vacuum of young talent on the roster.

The folly of frittering away draft picks for veterans has come to roost in these past couple of seasons.

While we may not have been too far away from the Super Bowl in Rex's first couple of seasons and as good as some of the acquisitions have been (for instance Cro and Braylon), Tannenbaum was too much of a gambler. Hindsight is always 20-20, and I may have supported some of the moves back when they were made, but the lack of young talent and depth on the team is really holding us back.

Some of our high draft picks - Ducasse and Hill especially - were gambles as well that haven't paid off. Instead we could have taken players with slightly less potential 'upside', but far less risk and greater production. Instead, their failure to pan out is partly why we have players like David Nelson contributing so much and Brian Winters thrown into the fray so early.

Just looking at our recent draft history now, from 2008 there are no selections still on the roster (Keller was the last to go). Of the three selected in 2009, just Sanchez remains - and likelier not for much longer. From 2010, there's Wilson and Ducasse still around. We're starting to see some value from Wilson, but next to none from Ducasse. The 2011 and 2012 classes have been better, although the Hill pick hasn't upgraded our receiving corps. But the lack of impact players from the three preceding years - players who would now be in the prime of their careers - hurts. And those picks that haven't panned out mean Idzik will have to plug holes that he shouldn't really have to.



Spot on, brother.
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#9 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 443
  • Joined: 08-November 05
  • Location:chicago,Illinois

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Rex, COME ON MAN ! Geno can't see tthe field any better than Ray Charles can... This turd can't even hit wide open recievers... Only thing good about Geno starting is getting a better draft pick... 1 TD & 11 int's, not to mention fumbles, total yrds, and time of possesion.... I feel bad for our D-fence, they can't even catch their breath and back on the field they go.
0

#10 User is offline   SoReALSoJetS Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 03-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:los angeles
  • Interests:THE JETS

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postganggreen2003, on 02 December 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

The main culprit of this organization being in the position that they are in....Robert "Woody" Johnson who has no passion for this organization, this business and most importantly the fan-base...he is driven by 1 thing and 1 thing only...THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR and how he can continue to grow that pile of CASH and not put a tangible product which is how you actually make that money pile grow more and more...


I miss hess man he had passion
"SO REAL SO JETS"
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users