NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rookie Dept. ~ ~ ~ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Today, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Rookie Dept. ~ ~ ~

#1 User is offline   kelly Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

ROOKIE dept. ~ ~ ~

NY Jets rookie Brian Winters struggles on offensive line
Winters is performing poorly enough that some on the outside are wondering if the Jets ought to make a change at least while the playoffs are still possible, turning back to Vlad Ducasse.

Brian Winters had a rough game against the Raiders and has been one of several rookies to have had a hard time this season for the Jets.

Despite what Rex Ryan might say publicly, his rookies as a group have failed to meet expectations. Geno Smith has struggled mightily in many of his games. Dee Milliner has been benched three times for poor performance. But right alongside them has been Brian Winters, who has not been an adequate left guard since taking over the starting job from Vlad Ducasse in Week 5.

Although Smith and Milliner’s problems are far more in the public eye, Winters is performing poorly enough that some on the outside are wondering if the Jets ought to make a change at least while the playoffs are still possible. While the best alternative isn’t pretty — turning back to the underwhelming Ducasse — Winters’ issues are dramatic enough that it could be considered. But despite Winters’ rough transition into the starting lineup, at least two of his linemates feel it would be counter-productive to make a change now, especially since such a move would also affect D’Brickashaw Ferguson, the Jets’ best offensive lineman.

“That doesn’t do nothing for us,” Willie Colon told the Daily News. “At the same time it’s bigger than (Winters and) Vlad: it’s Brick. Brick has to work with them; he’s just now trying to build a rapport with Brian. To have that flip-flop at this time doesn’t help anybody.”

Winters, who is currently rated 72nd of 76 guards across the league by ProFootballFocus.com, surrendered two quarterback hits and one hurry against the Raiders on Sunday. But worse than that was his blocking in the run game: all three negative runs the Jets had last Sunday were directly tied to Winters getting beat. But still, his teammates stand by him.

“I don’t think that’s obviously the answer, to makes moves, changes,” Ferguson said.

“That’s something maybe later down the road you can entertain again, but right now Brian’s our guy,” Colon added. “You’ve got to stay with him.”

Ducasse said he hasn’t been told his role will change in the coming weeks.

Winters played tackle in college, but transitioned to guard as a Jet. It’s a move Colon can relate to, after having made the same transition during his pro career.

“A lot of it’s spacing,” Colon said. “Knowing where your help’s at. Knowing how to react to things.”

“He knows that a lot of his mishaps are his own doing and a lot of it’s mechanical issues,” Colon added. “It’s his first time playing left guard in the NFL, and you know it takes time, time to grow, time to develop. It’s just a matter of staying patient.”
David Harris misses tackling Raiders QB Matt McGloin during Sunday's game.
Mark Bonifacio/New York Daily News
David Harris misses tackling Raiders QB Matt McGloin during Sunday's game.

MAKES THE GRADE
David Harris likely won’t forget about how badly he was juked on Sunday. It was a bad missed tackle against any runner, but it was far worse because the ball carrier who eluded him was Raiders QB Matt McGloin. The quarterback ended up running for 20 yards on the fourth-quarter play.

It was surprising, too, because Harris has rebounded nicely this season after disappointing a year ago. And he’s receiving high praise from his linebackers coach, Brian VanGorder.

“The assignment grades that he gets are as high as I’ve ever had for a linebacker,” VanGorder said. “So he’s really been outstanding.”

VanGorder has previously coached for the Falcons, Jaguars and Auburn Tigers. He hands out a plus or minus assignment and technique grade for each play.

“I think he’s a very realistic professional, so him recognizing that his play a year ago wasn’t up to his standards and expectations, based on who he is, you were going to get a positive response,” VanGorder said.

X’s AND O’s
Rex Ryan’s explanation for why Ed Reed played less on Sunday was because he knew it was going to be a “physical” game. Translation: Reed’s greatest deficiency is tackling, and when Terrelle Pryor came in the game, the Jets needed someone who would hit.

HOT SEAT
Who else but Ryan? With the Jets at 6-7, Ryan’s job security is certainly in question, but it’s plenty possible that Woody Johnson and John Idzik have already made up their minds one way or the other regardless of how the next three games turn out.

WHISPERS
Muhammad Wilkerson had a surprisingly weak game against the Raiders. It probably isn’t cause for concern — even the best have off days — but he didn’t look like the Pro Bowler he’s been for most of the rest of the season.

> http://www.nydailyne....icle-1.1544083
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users