NYJetsFan.com Forums: Studs And Duds (The Season So Far) - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Studs And Duds (The Season So Far)

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

With the season almost over, here are my 2013 jets studs and duds

Studs
Rex - our defense is still tops in the NFL despite the lack of offense
Marty - our offense sadly is much improved even with no WRs and a rookie QB. much better the sparano and schotty
Wilkerson - no explanation needed
Pace - revived himself this year. should crack 10 sacks and the jets will have 2 10+ sack players this year for the 1st time since ellis and abe did it a long time ago
Snacks - what a steal he has been
Richardson - has to be in the running for DROTY
Davis - playing better for us then scott ever did
harris - stuffing the run and leading us in tackles
kyle wilson - quietly having a great year
Allen - looks like a 7th round steal. has covered some really good TEs very well
Folk - 1 missed FG all year. Hit every game winner he had a chance to take
Mangold - still playing as a top center

Duds
Geno - i know he is a rookie an dhas had good moments but too many turnovers and pick 6s
Brick - had a down year
Cro - hopefuly its teh injury, but he hasn't been himself this year
milner - benched several times over
WR/TEs as a whole - often injured and under-talented all year
Ganggreen2003 - showed up as a dud more often then any jets player
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

My boy Chris Ivory has been a stud, averaging 4.5 YPC. Hes getting tons of yards after contact, something Shonn Greene never did. Quinton Coples came on late, I think the injury slowed things down for him, I'm expecting a big yaer next season in year 3.

The future looks brighter than it did last season, we have some good young players. Still need to find a QB though, but at least we have tons of cap space this offseason to make things interesting.



If it were up to me, I would keep this coaching staff for another season. Try to fix the offense with adding more talent, this team didn't have enough talent this season and had injuries.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

With the season almost over, here are my 2013 jets studs and duds

Studs
Rex - our defense is still tops in the NFL despite the lack of offense
Marty - our offense sadly is much improved even with no WRs and a rookie QB. much better the sparano and schotty
Wilkerson - no explanation needed
Pace - revived himself this year. should crack 10 sacks and the jets will have 2 10+ sack players this year for the 1st time since ellis and abe did it a long time ago
Snacks - what a steal he has been
Richardson - has to be in the running for DROTY
Davis - playing better for us then scott ever did
harris - stuffing the run and leading us in tackles
kyle wilson - quietly having a great year
Allen - looks like a 7th round steal. has covered some really good TEs very well
Folk - 1 missed FG all year. Hit every game winner he had a chance to take
Mangold - still playing as a top center

Duds
Geno - i know he is a rookie an dhas had good moments but too many turnovers and pick 6s
Brick - had a down year
Cro - hopefuly its teh injury, but he hasn't been himself this year
milner - benched several times over
WR/TEs as a whole - often injured and under-talented all year


I agree with all but Brick and Milliner. He has been asked to play solo way more than most LT due to Winters. Usually the LT gets help from somewhere but that help has gone to Winters. Milliner has come on much better in the past few weeks. Also a rookie playing in one of the most complex schemes in the NFL. Outside of Offensive production the team has played well. I love Rex in the studs column. I believe he has done a great job with a poor cast. Not sure how many coaches could have done more.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 19 December 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

My boy Chris Ivory has been a stud, averaging 4.5 YPC. Hes getting tons of yards after contact, something Shonn Greene never did. Quinton Coples came on late, I think the injury slowed things down for him, I'm expecting a big yaer next season in year 3.

The future looks brighter than it did last season, we have some good young players. Still need to find a QB though, but at least we have tons of cap space this offseason to make things interesting.



If it were up to me, I would keep this coaching staff for another season. Try to fix the offense with adding more talent, this team didn't have enough talent this season and had injuries.


I couldn't put ivory up there really. he gets taken out on passing downs due to poor blocking, doesn't catch the ball well, and has missed a lot of time due to injuries. He does run hard and i like his power inside, but he has been far from a stud this season. I agree on coples, but again its for the whole season, and as a whole he hasn't been a big contributer.

View Postazjetfan, on 19 December 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I agree with all but Brick and Milliner. He has been asked to play solo way more than most LT due to Winters. Usually the LT gets help from somewhere but that help has gone to Winters. Milliner has come on much better in the past few weeks. Also a rookie playing in one of the most complex schemes in the NFL. Outside of Offensive production the team has played well. I love Rex in the studs column. I believe he has done a great job with a poor cast. Not sure how many coaches could have done more.


Again its the whole season. brick had high expectations. he was a shutout LT on his own against some of the best in the game in previous years, but this year he's been beat a lot. And millner has been benched like 3-4 times. just becuase he has had a few good games lately doens't make him a stud or not a bust for the year. and yes rex deservers it. were not very talented and were supposd to win 4 games at best and will probably be 8-8
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Again its the whole season. brick had high expectations. he was a shutout LT on his own against some of the best in the game in previous years, but this year he's been beat a lot. And millner has been benched like 3-4 times. just becuase he has had a few good games lately doens't make him a stud or not a bust for the year. and yes rex deservers it. were not very talented and were supposd to win 4 games at best and will probably be 8-8

No TE chipping, FB and HB staying in pocket to block, and a rookie QB holding onto the ball to long. His results have been poor I guess if that is what we are measuring but it is because of the issues around him not his ability to play the game. I would not be surprised to see his peers vote him into the ProBowl.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

With the season almost over, here are my 2013 jets studs and duds

Studs
Rex - our defense is still tops in the NFL despite the lack of offense
Marty - our offense sadly is much improved even with no WRs and a rookie QB. much better the sparano and schotty
Wilkerson - no explanation needed
Pace - revived himself this year. should crack 10 sacks and the jets will have 2 10+ sack players this year for the 1st time since ellis and abe did it a long time ago
Snacks - what a steal he has been
Richardson - has to be in the running for DROTY
Davis - playing better for us then scott ever did
harris - stuffing the run and leading us in tackles
kyle wilson - quietly having a great year
Allen - looks like a 7th round steal. has covered some really good TEs very well
Folk - 1 missed FG all year. Hit every game winner he had a chance to take
Mangold - still playing as a top center

Duds
Geno - i know he is a rookie and has had good moments but too many turnovers and pick 6s
Brick - had a down year
Cro - hopefuly its teh injury, but he hasn't been himself this year
milner - benched several times over
WR/TEs as a whole - often injured and under-talented all year



I'd agree with everything but the WR/TE as a whole thing. There's NO DOUBT that both Holmes & Hill both fall into the Dud category but I can't include Kerley, Nelson & Salas into that category as those three have played to their abilities. Cribbs, prior to his injury, actually added a pass component to that bullshit WildCat. Cumberland was middle of the road and so was Winslow. If their numbers aren't called, they can't move into the studs. Cumberland has done a better job as the season progressed. Our biggest issue is we have no real #1 @ WR. We've got a bunch of #3's at best.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 22 December 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

No TE chipping, FB and HB staying in pocket to block, and a rookie QB holding onto the ball to long. His results have been poor I guess if that is what we are measuring but it is because of the issues around him not his ability to play the game. I would not be surprised to see his peers vote him into the ProBowl.


I would class our offensive line as having had an up and down season, and with seasoned veterans such as Ferguson, Mangold and Colon they could certainly have done better, especially in pass protection. Our running backs may have one of the better YPC averages in the league, but we're tied with Jacksonville for the second most sacks allowed in the league.

Generally I think the studs are quite easy to categorise:

The front seven on defence, Wilkerson, Richardson and Harrison especially, have been phenomenal. Pace has had a great season - his double digit sack numbers came almost out of nowhere - and he has been helped by having such a dominant group around him.
On offense, Ivory and Powell have been consistently good. They're by no means the best one-two RB tandem in the league, and nor do they have the same quality as Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene did in Rex's first season. But they've been effective and gained yards even when defence have been allowed to zone in on the run. Arrguably, they've been underutilised.
At wide receiver, Jeremy Kerley has made clutch catch after clutch catch; his performance against New England, in particular, was outstanding.
Nick Folk has been superb too and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl. His leg has helped keep us in games where the offense stalled outside of the red zone. To have a kicker who can do that for you is a great help.

On both sides of the ball, we've had healthy contributions from the likes of David Nelson, Antonio Allen, Kyle Wilson, Jeff Cumberland and Kellen Winslow. The latter two have blown hot and cold at times - Winslow's suspension in the middle of the season didn't help. I'd err against calling them studs though, but it's nice that Rex has continued to get these kind of performances from guys who aren't necessarily starters, but who you need to step up.

For some of our big names it's been a very disappointing year. That to me is probably the biggest letdown this season.
Although Cro's battled injuries, he's been off the boil. Holmes, also coming off an injury, hasn't been much of a threat except against the Bills. And he could have been somebody to help ease Geno in to life as an NFL quarterback. Instead he's not really had a trusted every down receiver who he can depend upon.
Hill and Ducasse, two of our most recent second round picks, have continued to make no progress. Thanks Tannenbaum for gambling on the project with upside with those selections rather than go for a safer pick...

When it comes to our rookies, all apart from Richardson have had a tough introduction to life in the NFL. Fortunately Milliner has blossomed in the last couple of weeks.
Geno's form has been infuriating. There have been some good days, but bad performances outnumber those by a ratio of about 2:1. And it's damn frustrating that our QB situation continues to have a question mark hanging over it. Perhaps though it was slightly unrealistic to expect a second round pick with a depleted supporting cast to have led us to more success than we have had. In his defence, our great start to the year has also probably influenced opinion regarding his play in the middle of the season.
Finally, it's good to see Winters and Bohanon get plenty of playing time, though a little frustrating that neither Aboushi nor Campbell has yet to suit up.

Overall, it's been an unexpectedly decent season. Let's hope we can get to .500 by beating the Fins Sunday then head into the offseason with intent.
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 19 December 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

I couldn't put ivory up there really. he gets taken out on passing downs due to poor blocking, doesn't catch the ball well, and has missed a lot of time due to injuries. He does run hard and i like his power inside, but he has been far from a stud this season. I agree on coples, but again its for the whole season, and as a whole he hasn't been a big contributer.



Ivory isn't far from a stud. Dude has 814 yards rushing with a 4.6 YPC. I love watching this guy break tackles every run, he doesn't go down that easily and he has the speed to break long runs.

I wasn't saying Coples is a stud for the season, just that hes came on late and I am hopeful that he'll break out next season. I think his injury held him back early on.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,635
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 24 December 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Ivory isn't far from a stud. Dude has 814 yards rushing with a 4.6 YPC. I love watching this guy break tackles every run, he doesn't go down that easily and he has the speed to break long runs.

I wasn't saying Coples is a stud for the season, just that hes came on late and I am hopeful that he'll break out next season. I think his injury held him back early on.


Can you really say a back-up RB who can't catch or block is close to being a stud based on 800 yards and a 4.6 average? Back-ups always have higher averages then starters. I do like his tough running. he's the anti-thomas jones, but he isn't a stud unless he can start almsot every game, handlt 20 carries a game, block, andd catch. we need a true #1 RB
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,031
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

I've seen Ivory throw down some nasty blocks, even knocked a guy out. And yes a starting RB doesn't have to catch well. And yes Ivory has been our starting RB for a while now. Either way, Ivory is a stud. Guy can run the rock.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,405
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Lol I agree with all the Duds especially Ganggreen2003. Idzik should fire him as a fan lol
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users