NYJetsFan.com Forums: Rex Tells Jets Players He Thinks He’S Getting Fired - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Fire the admins!
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Over paid talents
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) i get paid too much yo
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Hill was signed to the Panthers practice squad, lol @ 115
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Rex Tells Jets Players He Thinks He’S Getting Fired

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Rex tells Jets players he thinks he’s getting fired

When Black Monday rolls around, a lot of eyes are going to be focused on New York.

Of course, Jets coach Rex Ryan has known for some time he was on thin ice, so he took the bull by the horns last night.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, Ryan told his players in a team meeting that “the word on the street” was he was getting fired, so they should “ride with” him the last two games.

Now whether there’s actually anything behind it, or whether Ryan’s trying to motivate his players for two meaningless games down the stretch remains to be seen.

Neither would be outside the realm of possibility, which makes it an intriguing strategy on Ryan’s part.

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

That's disappointing.
Posted Image

#3 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Can't wait to see Rex go. Should of bounced last year.

#4 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 22 December 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Can't wait to see Rex go. Should of bounced last year.

So, if we win next week, Rex will have ONE losing season on his record. That calls for him being fired why exactly? He's done more with garbage than anyone I can think of would have. We've had $HIT for offense the last 3 years. Rex can do only so much with the players given to him. If we finish 8-8 this season, it's a major accomplishment with the worst offensive roster in the NFL including a 6-2 record at home. If Rex is indeed fired, we're going to see our Defensive rankings decline and it's doubtful the Offense improves very quickly. I say let him coach out his contract next season, actually give him some receivers and then if we miss the playoffs again, then get rid of him, but the team has made strides forward this year I think. Overachieved compared to expectations with Morninweg's offense, so it could be interesting. This is the first year we've had 2 players with 10+ sacks. Our D-line is one of the best if not the best in the league. Even Geno has made improvements the past couple weeks. Rex has earned one more year.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

If Rex is gone. I'm gonna throw the biggest fire idzick hissyfit the boards have seen
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

rex n morningweg work good together. Too bad they didn't have the offensive talent. Qb play can make u or break u.

rex's tenure involved 2 rookie qb's, but jet fans want rex gone? I don't want to see him go, but if he does I hope he's successful elsewhere so that those who

hated on him can explain how he's winning. I've seen coaches get all kinds of credit while they had the qb, but without it they were bums. see shanahan since

no Elway. Be careful what u wish for but hey it's just sports...

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

I don't see how 7 wins with this abysmal roster justifies him being fired. I'm not going to justify them giving him an extension if they don't think that's the right thing to do, but I feel Rex has earned the right to play out his contract.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

My only real comment is..... There is probably only one or two coaches that could have done a better job with this roster and yet he will be fired and all the building we did for the defense will be for nothing.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think Rex has earned himself at least one more year, to fire him at this point with what he's done would be illogical. To possibly have a 8-8 season with the lack of talent we have speaks a lot to me. At the beginning of this season nobody expected much from us most predicted we'd end up with 3 or 4 wins tops. It's been an interesting year we have had a few quality wins, but also some head-scratching losses, but I do think he has done enough to keep his job. I really want to see what would happen if we actually got some talent on offense to go with our D.

#10 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

I rather keep Rex. This team still fights hard for him. if we win next week and go 8-8, what was even the point of keeping Rex? We never had the talent to win this season.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...DUECES REX!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#12 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

At this point I dont care either way but that said Tanny didn't do Rex any favors by putting together such a bad team. Know way Idzik could fix all the problems in one year. The only beef I had really had with Rex at all was his love affair with Sanchez and refusal to bench him last year. Other than that I saw no problem with his coaching.He coached with what he had. No coach would be able to get anymore out of a team with very little talent on offense and problems on defense too.

Being mouthy in front of the media has nothing to do with the ability to coach. Take the Harbaugh`s for instance. They are total pricks but good coaches.

If Rex isn't here next year dont expect much of a change record wise unless more talent is brought in. I think we need a qb first. Id rather the team signs a legit veteran if possible but if Geno is given a second year to see if he is getting better I wont be upset either. Still dont trust him though.

#13 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Rex I think deserves one more year, he made chicken salad out of basically nothing this year, but if he goes I can't necessarily blame Idzik either. You have a coach that's kind of been known to be a loose cannon (as 2012 indicates). So even though he says he stopped doing that, that's never a full guarantee, so if that were to happen again, and the Jets don't make the playoffs, it'll look so bad on Idzik.

#14 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm not really entirely sure it would look poorly on Idzik if he allowed Rex to coach out his contract and see what he can do with an improved unit next year. Let him have next season to make a playoff run and if he fails to get the team into the playoffs and win at least one game there, then, fire him and he looks like he made the right choice no matter what. Otherwise, if he fires Rex and the new guy coming in has the team go backwards rather than forward, THAT will look even worse. Yes....there will be the whole excuse of it being the first year as the coach, BUT Rex's first year we went to the AFC Championship. Rex made something out of absolute $hit this year. If we win in Miami, to finish at .500 is FAR beyond anyone's expectations. Geno is making progress finally these past few games. The D-line is practically the best in the league. Chris Ivory is running his ass off. Cribbs wants to come back. Kerley, Salas, Nelson and Cumberland all made strides. Imagine if we had a REAL receiver corps what could have happened this season. Getting rid of Rex now is the wrong move.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Everyone knows I've not been the biggest Rex supporter here. And I haven't commented at all this season.

I will now.

He shouldn't be fired. This team has NO business winning the amount of games we have. We have money in the offseason, we can build talent on O and we can draft well again. He deserves to be extended for another 2 years. He's earned it this year with maybe one of the 3 least talented teams in the league.

I'm very impressed.

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 24 December 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Everyone knows I've not been the biggest Rex supporter here. And I haven't commented at all this season.

I will now.

He shouldn't be fired. This team has NO business winning the amount of games we have. We have money in the offseason, we can build talent on O and we can draft well again. He deserves to be extended for another 2 years. He's earned it this year with maybe one of the 3 least talented teams in the league.

I'm very impressed.

exactly. people don't realize how bad out offense is as a whole talentwise. WRs who were cut by bad teams like nelson, salas etc kicking the tires on cribbs and reynard and winslow, holmes banged up, kerly banged up, hill banged up and a rookie 2nd round QB
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Rex didn't create this clusterfuck of a mess known as the Jets offense. Before the season started the "experts" predicted the Jets would only win 3 or 4 games this year. Well this team has won 7 and possibly could end up at .500 at 8-8. I'd credit Rex's defense for keeping us in games, giving the Jets the chance to win games the team has won.

Unless the front office is going to figure out some way to get Belicheat to leave New England and takeover the Jets head coaching job. I say let's keep Rex for another year.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#18 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postjet-man, on 22 December 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

rex n morningweg work good together. Too bad they didn't have the offensive talent. Qb play can make u or break u.

rex's tenure involved 2 rookie qb's, but jet fans want rex gone? I don't want to see him go, but if he does I hope he's successful elsewhere so that those who

hated on him can explain how he's winning. I've seen coaches get all kinds of credit while they had the qb, but without it they were bums. see shanahan since

no Elway. Be careful what u wish for but hey it's just sports...

I would like to see them together for another year. Marty loves the passing game, he just didn't have the tools to succeed with it. We need some weapons on offense, then Marty could have this offense moving. Marty was criticized for not running the ball, but we had a top 5 rushing attack this season. Our passing game is much better when Kerley is out on the field. We need 2 outside WRs though.

I think we have a good coaching staff if we can just get the proper players. this offseason has to be about adding offensive skill players, we need receivers and a legit QB battle. We also need to address the secondary and patch the OL a bit.

This was a young team and they performed well for the lack of talent, and lets not forget the injuries we had at our offensive skill positions when we lacked there already.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Wow most everyone thinks the same in this thread . Its rare we all think the same in a thread. I thought there was a lot less love for Rex here. Still though with him saying he is getting fired its probably going to happen. Hopefully he is wrong. Unless the Jets take a chance on a college coach or can get Smith I dont know who id like the Jets to take a chance on other than giving Rex another year or two. This team is clearly building. We already have a stellar defensive line that is young and will be a force for years if the FO can keep them here. I think this team is on the right track.

Anyway I know its late but Merry Christmas everyone.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users