NYJetsFan.com Forums: Anderson Silva Career Over - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Anderson Silva Career Over Nasty break

#1 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

That third image is just gruesome... The bone is coming out of the damn skin. I saw this fight at the bar and when we saw Silva go down we thought "f***, broken ankle, what the hell." Then we saw the replay. I swear the whole place just let out when big scream of "ohhh shit" when that happened. It was gruesome and insane. One helluva way to finish ufc 168. Never liked Silva, but it sucks to see his career end like this. However, being a Weidman fan, this was f***ing awesome.

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Posted Image
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

This isn't the first time it has happened but generally when a fighter is kicking at the legs they are trying to connect with the flesh of the opponent legs using their shin bone. When kicking at the legs they are trying to connect with places such as the hamstrings,calves, or the thighs, lower glutes or even side of the knee or back of the knee. Basically anywhere where it is fleshy and not bone against bone to cause damage to the opponent. Its generally to weaken a fighters ability to stand(especially if the fighter is a striker) in mma. Or other sports such as K1 kick boxing and Muay Thai.

Opponents generally try to counter these kicks if they see them coming by raising their leg. This is called "checking the kick". Raising the leg lessons the damage of the kicks and can cause the fighter that is kicking to to connect with the front of the shin bone or front of the knee at times. This is generally where most of these breaks occur.

As shown above Silva connected at the knee because Weideman checked the kick and this caused the break.

It happens every so often though you dont hear about it unless its in the big events.

Here are a few

#5 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

That is the Ray Longo knee to shin special. That's not just your average leg kick check. Apparently silva fractured the leg in round one With that same kick and finished the break in round 2. Very disappointing to see anyone hurt like that. Especially when 60 million people are watching and he's dedicated the past 4 months into training camp.

#6 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 29 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

That is the Ray Longo knee to shin special. That's not just your average leg kick check. Apparently silva fractured the leg in round one With that same kick and finished the break in round 2. Very disappointing to see anyone hurt like that. Especially when 60 million people are watching and he's dedicated the past 4 months into training camp.

Agreed, it was an awful way to go out, but I must also say, there's a lot of backlash against Weidman right now that he's a fluke and what-not. I must point out that in the first round Weidman was f***ing kicking his ass. Everyone says he was "finding" a rhythm after round one, but Anderson Silva did not look ready for how well Weidman was prepared for this fight. If it's me, Weidman is definitely the real deal man. Love his demeanor, attitude, and also love the fact that he got Silva. I hope to God he beats Belfort so he can shut every detractor up.

#7 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postgreenandwhite4life, on 29 December 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Agreed, it was an awful way to go out, but I must also say, there's a lot of backlash against Weidman right now that he's a fluke and what-not. I must point out that in the first round Weidman was f***ing kicking his ass. Everyone says he was "finding" a rhythm after round one, but Anderson Silva did not look ready for how well Weidman was prepared for this fight. If it's me, Weidman is definitely the real deal man. Love his demeanor, attitude, and also love the fact that he got Silva. I hope to God he beats Belfort so he can shut every detractor up.

Silva has lost round one on multiple occasions and came back to finish the fight with a win. Chris was dominating round one for sure but silva had been in that spot before so it's not a forgone conclusion Chris would have won the fight by any means. With that said anyone who thinks Weidman is a fluke or not the real deal clearly has no understanding of the sport and should be ignored.

#8 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 29 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

That is the Ray Longo knee to shin special. That's not just your average leg kick check.

Or as my coach calls it a "destruction" single worst pain,EVER. Really sucks to see him go out like that, but he didn't seem to be "all there" to begin with that night, just didn't look like himself at all. It's sad for me, I got into the sport because of guys like GSP, and Silva. To see them and a lot of the old guys decline and retire, is depressing.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#9 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Postgreenandwhite4life, on 29 December 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

The only thing that was a fluke was the injury.

You should tell anyone that says anything bad about Weidman they are not real mma fans and have no understanding of the sport and may a lack of an IQ on top of that. Basically its better just ignoring these people. You'd have a more intelligent conversation with a rock. Its ok for new fans to the sport or occasional fans not to know much about the sport but when these people argue something they dont have a clue about is when the stupidity comes out.

No one is taking anything away from Silva. While I'm not a fan of Silva the man with all the antics he pulled in and out of the cage but as a fighter its hard for any true mma fan not to admire and respect Silva the fighter for what he has achieved.

Anyone that truly is a dedicated fan of mma knows that Anderson Silva has proven himself without a doubt to be the greatest mma fighter ever.No one has reigned as long as he has especially being surrounded by nothing but the best world class fighters makes it even more astounding. While some of his fights were questionable no one has ever been as dominant as Silva.

As for as the morons the fact is Weidman is an undefeated fighter so anyone with a brain should have enough common sense to know the guy has to be good. To be undefeated in the UFC which is the peak of the sport is very hard to do since all the fighters are world class. That alone should get him some respect. This isnt boxing where fighters start off against fighters that couldn't buy a win. In the UFC every fight is hard because it is the top organization in the world for mma.

Next anyone with any understanding of the sport would clearly see that Silva lost every round of both fights.

What made Silva a legend and the best ever is that he always found a way to win. He was far from perfect though. He lost multiple rounds to many different fighters but all that matters is Silva always won before. Chael Sonnen literally destroyed Silva for five straight rounds in their first fight and yet Silva managed a miracle triangle. Legendary World Champions find a way to win even against all odds at times but no one is forever unbeatable.

View PostTheFuture, on 29 December 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Or as my coach calls it a "destruction" single worst pain,EVER. Really sucks to see him go out like that, but he didn't seem to be "all there" to begin with that night, just didn't look like himself at all. It's sad for me, I got into the sport because of guys like GSP, and Silva. To see them and a lot of the old guys decline and retire, is depressing.

Get used to it if you are truly an mma fan you are going to see it happen time and time again.Ive seen a lot of legends go from great to being terrible because they didn't want to quit fighting. They love the sport to much and even when they get beat to a pulp multiple times in a row its hard for many o the greats to call it quits.

Ive been watching since the Pride and UFC 1 in 1993 when there were no time limits and no weight classes. There were fighters 180 pounds fighting 400 pound men. It was awesome but they had to make weight classes and time limits because people like Senator John Mccain tried to put an end to the sport. At one point the UFC was banned from cable and most states in the country and the only way to watch it was through satellite. It took many years before the UFC was able to recover. It very nearly didn't.

#10 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 29 December 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Get used to it if you are truly an mma fan you are going to see it happen time and time again.Ive seen a lot of legends go from great to being terrible because they didn't want to quit fighting. They love the sport to much and even when they get beat to a pulp multiple times in a row its hard for many o the greats to call it quits.

Ive been watching since the Pride and UFC 1 in 1993 when there were no time limits and no weight classes. There were fighters 180 pounds fighting 400 pound men. It was awesome but they had to make weight classes and time limits because people like Senator John Mccain tried to put an end to the sport. At one point the UFC was banned from cable and most states in the country and the only way to watch it was through satellite. It took many years before the UFC was able to recover. It very nearly didn't.

Yeah, I got big big into the sport in god 06-07 when I was fourteen and started training. Grew up on the Chuck/Tito Tito/Ken Hammer house/Chute boxe rivalries. I'm not sure whats worse, seeing guys like GSP retire, or seeing guys like Wanderlei just keep going even though they're well past their prime, and have a shot chin.

That said I still think Fedor is the GOAT, and its a shame Dana/Finkelstein and him couldn't make a super fight happen with Couture.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#11 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

I would love to see Fedor train like an animal for 6 months and make a run in the ufc. I doubt he doubt beat Velazquez at this point but they are similar in size and could be a good fight. I believe Fedor is only 36 yo. With that said I used to not give Travis brown much credit but he's getting better in every fight. Wouldn't be suprised if he keeps winning.

#12 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

I thought fedor retired
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users