NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Drafts Around The Net - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Quote

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) i need to install handrails with all you peeps hopping aboard the fire izdik train, not joking anymore huh?
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 11:58 AM) I've been sayin fire idzik since thanksgiving 2010
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 01:11 PM) When you started hating Idzik it was before you could rationally hate him, there was no reason. Chances are the next GM and coach we hire will suck as well, the Jets are just one of that organizations that can never get it right
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 02:46 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM) harlem did you start brady or rivers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:41 PM) I held out for Sunday and started Brady
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) I have Gronk on my team in that league too so that worked out famously
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:44 PM) yeah that combo is OP
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM) Harlem not in our league... doesn't matter
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) you don't matter!
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) and that wasn't a red card RIP SWANSEA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Manish is really annoying with his vendetta against Idzik though, you can tell it's personal because he doesn't have his scoops anymore.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Since Idzik has became GM, Manish has lost all of his sources.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 PM) its clear that this bothers Manish deeply and hes throwing little tantrums about it
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM) Manish should not have a job. He and Idzik should be fired
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hey bitches
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) How's everyone enjoying your New York Jets?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Mock Drafts Around The Net

#21 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,003
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 03 April 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

How does people being pleased with the picks he mocked equal him knowing his shit? A ten year old could look at a big board and team needs and mock a wide receiver and tight end to the Jets.


^.
0

#22 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,951
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 16 January 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Cooks is my official 2014 Draft Man Crush. I think we can get him in the 2nd. If we do, I'm going full 115 on him. Also, Mika Sam in the 3rd round is a stretch.

You could put a picture of him in your signature and then when he is a bust you can leave it up.
Posted Image
0

#23 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 April 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

You could put a picture of him in your signature and then when he is a bust you can leave it up.


Is that why Geno is still in your sig? The probabilty of Cooks being a bust high very unlikely. Cooks and Watkins are the class of this draft as far as offensive skill positions go. Distant 3rd in Odell Beckham.
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,616
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 03 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Is that why Geno is still in your sig? The probabilty of Cooks being a bust high very unlikely. Cooks and Watkins are the class of this draft as far as offensive skill positions go. Distant 3rd in Odell Beckham.


WR's never have a low chance of being a bust. Its one of the hardest positions to get right in the draft.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,003
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 03 April 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Is that why Geno is still in your sig? The probabilty of Cooks being a bust high very unlikely. Cooks and Watkins are the class of this draft as far as offensive skill positions go. Distant 3rd in Odell Beckham.


Mike Evans says hayyyy
0

#26 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,951
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 03 April 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Is that why Geno is still in your sig? The probabilty of Cooks being a bust high very unlikely. Cooks and Watkins are the class of this draft as far as offensive skill positions go. Distant 3rd in Odell Beckham.

Geno is not a bust. To early to tell. And it's not about Geno. It's about draft time and a jet player.
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,842
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

While you are reading up on mock drafts and hearing the analysis on espn

remember


Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#28 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 03 April 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Mike Evans says hayyyy


I left Mike. Evens off on purpose. Guy is too big and way to slow. I know his 40 time wasn't the greatest (4.58) at the combine but his on field speed looks worse. Couple that with the fact he's gained 15 pounds(see manziel's pro day) and you have a oversized WR that makes anquan boldin look like a speedster. Evans has Mike Williams/Roy Williams written all over him.
0

#29 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 April 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

WR's never have a low chance of being a bust. Its one of the hardest positions to get right in the draft.


Especially when you draft them based on athletic ability and not on what they actually did in college like Stephen Hill.


It's hard to find WRs that can produce no matter who the QB is. If you have a great QB then it's easy to find WRs.


Give me a natural hands catcher that is explosive and has plenty of college production. Getting someone from the SEC is a bonus, I think they have the highest percentage chance at being good.
Posted Image
0

#30 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 04 April 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I left Mike. Evens off on purpose. Guy is too big and way to slow. I know his 40 time wasn't the greatest (4.58) at the combine but his on field speed looks worse. Couple that with the fact he's gained 15 pounds(see manziel's pro day) and you have a oversized WR that makes anquan boldin look like a speedster. Evans has Mike Williams/Roy Williams written all over him.



Not many big WRs run fast, Calvin Johnson is just a freak for what he does at his size. I like Evans, he knows how to use his size/body to his advantage. He has very good hands and is a tough match up 1 on 1. If you see the man coverage on the outside you can just throw it up to him and he'll come down with it.


We won't land Evans anyways. The top 2 guys for our draft position that I want are Brandin Cooks and Odell Beckham.
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,616
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 04 April 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Especially when you draft them based on athletic ability and not on what they actually did in college like Stephen Hill.


It's hard to find WRs that can produce no matter who the QB is. If you have a great QB then it's easy to find WRs.


Give me a natural hands catcher that is explosive and has plenty of college production. Getting someone from the SEC is a bonus, I think they have the highest percentage chance at being good.


In all fairness, hill has only played 2 years. In an offense that hasn't seen a 1000 yard WR in like 4+ years. with mark sanchez as his QB and then a rookie QB in geno. He's also been hurt both years, our o-line wasn't great, etc etc.

People are writing him off way too early. everyone knows WRs usually don't do well until year 2 or 3 and plus he was very raw coming out which really makes it year 3 or 4. If vick starts and hill stays healthy, i'd expect a good season out of him for sure.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,063
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about Stephen Hill dude...he's ass
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,616
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 04 April 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I'm so sick of hearing about Stephen Hill dude...he's ass


really?

http://nyjetsfan.com...WR&fromsearch=1

remember that thread? what happened? Maybe we stopped taking shots downfield because our o-line colapes? plus holmes got hurt? and kerly. i mean when you literally have ntohing at WR to the point you have to sign nelson and cribbs midway through the season and nelson winds up starting due to injury. and then hill got hurt as well. he came out fo the gate strong last season then it all fell apart. If vick starts and hill starts opposite of decker, i could see a decent possibility of a 1000 yard season assuming we actually have a passing offense.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#34 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 04 April 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

In all fairness, hill has only played 2 years. In an offense that hasn't seen a 1000 yard WR in like 4+ years. with mark sanchez as his QB and then a rookie QB in geno. He's also been hurt both years, our o-line wasn't great, etc etc.

People are writing him off way too early. everyone knows WRs usually don't do well until year 2 or 3 and plus he was very raw coming out which really makes it year 3 or 4. If vick starts and hill stays healthy, i'd expect a good season out of him for sure.



He just sucks, hes a great athlete but a shitty football player. Looks awkward catching the ball and is soft.
Posted Image
0

#35 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,015
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 04 April 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

really?

http://nyjetsfan.com...WR&fromsearch=1

remember that thread? what happened? Maybe we stopped taking shots downfield because our o-line colapes? plus holmes got hurt? and kerly. i mean when you literally have ntohing at WR to the point you have to sign nelson and cribbs midway through the season and nelson winds up starting due to injury. and then hill got hurt as well. he came out fo the gate strong last season then it all fell apart. If vick starts and hill starts opposite of decker, i could see a decent possibility of a 1000 yard season assuming we actually have a passing offense.



The point of that thread is that it's not good to assume things 2-3 weeks into a season.
Posted Image
0

#36 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,616
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 04 April 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

He just sucks, hes a great athlete but a shitty football player. Looks awkward catching the ball and is soft.


I agree he is soft. but really all our WRs are. The last time we had a WR i didn't think was soft was j-co. He fought for every ball and was one tough SOB. He can be taught to go up and attack teh ball. tahts what he needs to do is learn to use his height and not just his speed.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,616
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 04 April 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

The point of that thread is that it's not good to assume things 2-3 weeks into a season.


but can you blame them? 3 weeks into teh season our offense looked good, until teams seen tape on geno and game planned to exploit his weaknesses and he couldnt' adjust. thats life as a rookie QB in the NFL. If hill goes to a etam with a good QB, expect him to blow it up. I'd hate to see that personally
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#38 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,951
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Why are we talking about the 6th best WR on the team? Anyway if Darqueze Dennard is available when we pick there is no way Rex will not kick Idziks ass if he passes up on him.
Posted Image
0

#39 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 585
  • Joined: 30-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NV
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 04 April 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

Why are we talking about the 6th best WR on the team? Anyway if Darqueze Dennard is available when we pick there is no way Rex will not kick Idziks ass if he passes up on him.



I'm all for taking defensive studs in the first round but damn man we need to score points somehow. Drafting another corner in the first round doesnt seem like it would go over well(Sanchez last 1rd offensive player) before him was Brick and Mangold. I think we HAVE to draft WR round 1 no questions asked. I don't care if theorectically Clowney was on the board, I still think we have to take a chance on an offensive weapon. Our defense as is should be more that capable of playing like a SB defense this year(call me crazy but I believe it). But that offense tho...AND off topic but Kyle Wilson doesnt get nearly enough shit around here, he was a first round pick(I forgot) and despite what his "grade" was this year he is terrible, talk about a bust.
0

#40 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,842
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 14 January 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Rob Rang: CBS Sports

#18: Eric Ebron, TE, UNC

Dane Brugler: CBS Sports

#18: Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Shawn Zobel

#18: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

Walterfootball.com

#18: Eric Ebron, TE, UNC
#49: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
#69: Michael Sam, DE/OLB, Mizzou
#80: Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina

Drafttek

#18: Marqise Lee, WR, USC
#49: La'el Collins, OT, LSU
#69: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
#80: Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
#111: James Gayle, OLB, VTech
#142: Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State
#179: Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
#211: Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma


Mhmm yup I see it now
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users