NYJetsFan.com Forums: Warren Sapp Disses Sheldon Richardson - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Warren Sapp Disses Sheldon Richardson

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Sheldon Richardson's engaging, entertaining and refreshingly honest assessment of himself is reminiscent of a young Warren Sapp.

Just don't tell that to Sapp.

The Hall of Famer delivered his own blunt assessment of the Jets rookie defensive lineman during Super Bowl week. Sapp didn't take too kindly to Richardson's late-season declaration that he'd "most likely" be the No. 1 overall pick in a draft do-over.

"As soon as that kid gets off the 'I think I was better and should have been drafted in a different position,' maybe he'll see his future," Sapp told the Daily News. "Let's not anoint this kid the next best thing since sliced bread yet."

Sapp may not agree with Richardson's tact, but the perceived draft-day snub (the Jets took him with the No. 13 pick) motivated the rookie.

"If something drives you, it drives you from inside, right?" Sapp said. "He's externally saying it. The draft is not going to be re-drafted. So as soon as he wakes up from this nightmare that's haunting him…. that's the whole point when we talk about football players not carrying baggage. One play at a time. Let that go. He hasn't let go of the draft. It was Week 15 and he was still talking about it. I was like, 'Really?'"

Richardson was one of the anchors to Rex Ryan's defensive line, but Sapp was thoroughly unimpressed with his statistics that included only 3-1/2 sacks. Ryan maintained throughout the season that the numbers weren't a true reflection of Richardson's value to his defense.

"The sack numbers do not always tell the true story. I agree with that," Sapp said. "But he's not that highly skilled of a pass rusher."

Richardson was the fifth-rated 3-4 defensive end by Pro Football Focus. Only Texans' Pro Bowler J.J. Watt was ahead of Richardson in run defense rankings. So, surely Sapp can concede that Richardson is a highly skilled lineman even with the low sack totals, right?

"You said that. I didn't," Sapp said. "So if you're highly skilled, you should be able to rush the passer, right?... Was he defensive player of the year in college? Was he an All-American? You're comparing him to a first-ballot of Hall of Famer?"

Sapp was downright offended at the notion that there are some elements in Richardson's game similar to him. He suggested a more apt comparison for Richardson might be Albert Haynesworth.

"What does he do well?" Sapp asked about Richardson.

Stuffing the run, he was told.

"Yeah. A run stuffer in a pass-first league," Sapp mocked.

Sapp was also unimpressed with Richardson's declaration after the season that he viewed himself as the Defensive Rookie of the Year whether he actually wins the award of not. The NFL will reveal Saturday night whether Richardson or Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso — the leading candidates — takes home the award.

"I heard Steven Jackson say he's going in the Hall of Fame, but he's not going," Sapp said. "There's a bunch of guys that walk around and say a bunch of things about themselves. That's not the truth."

http://m.nydailynews...ticle-1.1595369
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Warren sapp is all like
I'LL FIND THE TRUTH AND ABUSE IT TILL YOU DISLIKE ME
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Richardson tweeted this

@Godforshort 1h
Hey people hated on Jesus what makes me better...but you keep doing your #HOF thing tho..P.S. I never wanted to be compared...

Hopefully Richardson uses this as more motivation. He seems like a pretty motivated guy anyways, you can tell he has a passion for the game and wants to be great.

Richardson was much better than Sapp was as a rookie. Interior DL usually take some time to hit their prime. Look at Wilkerson. He had 3 sacks his rookie year, 10.5 in year 3.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Sheldon and Mo are just going to be downright scary for the next few years here(hopefully more). Whats the story with Coples? Of course he was injured much of the year but if he can stay healthy then big things ahead for this Defense. Hope Coples lives up to expectations.

#5 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 January 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

Richardson tweeted this

Hopefully Richardson uses this as more motivation. He seems like a pretty motivated guy anyways, you can tell he has a passion for the game and wants to be great.

Richardson was much better than Sapp was as a rookie. Interior DL usually take some time to hit their prime. Look at Wilkerson. He had 3 sacks his rookie year, 10.5 in year 3.

Come on guys. Richardson was all we could have asked for and more. We are thrilled with him and his upside is really great. Having said that, comparing him to Sapp is ridiculous. It would have been like comparing Sanchez to Namath after the first year. He certainly exceeded expectations and it is exciting to have him here but let's let his career speak for itself and not try and make him something that he isn't quite yet.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

View Postchocomag, on 30 January 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Come on guys. Richardson was all we could have asked for and more. We are thrilled with him and his upside is really great. Having said that, comparing him to Sapp is ridiculous. It would have been like comparing Sanchez to Namath after the first year. He certainly exceeded expectations and it is exciting to have him here but let's let his career speak for itself and not try and make him something that he isn't quite yet.

Who compared him to Sapp? The media made the comparisons and Warren Sapp is a dumb ass that makes a lot of idiotic statements. And Sanchez was like Namath in that he threw more INTs than Tds. Sanchez was always terrible so it doesn't matter. I don't see anyone trying to make Richardson something he isn't.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users