NYJetsFan.com Forums: Warren Sapp Disses Sheldon Richardson - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Warren Sapp Disses Sheldon Richardson

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Sheldon Richardson's engaging, entertaining and refreshingly honest assessment of himself is reminiscent of a young Warren Sapp.

Just don't tell that to Sapp.

The Hall of Famer delivered his own blunt assessment of the Jets rookie defensive lineman during Super Bowl week. Sapp didn't take too kindly to Richardson's late-season declaration that he'd "most likely" be the No. 1 overall pick in a draft do-over.

"As soon as that kid gets off the 'I think I was better and should have been drafted in a different position,' maybe he'll see his future," Sapp told the Daily News. "Let's not anoint this kid the next best thing since sliced bread yet."

Sapp may not agree with Richardson's tact, but the perceived draft-day snub (the Jets took him with the No. 13 pick) motivated the rookie.

"If something drives you, it drives you from inside, right?" Sapp said. "He's externally saying it. The draft is not going to be re-drafted. So as soon as he wakes up from this nightmare that's haunting him…. that's the whole point when we talk about football players not carrying baggage. One play at a time. Let that go. He hasn't let go of the draft. It was Week 15 and he was still talking about it. I was like, 'Really?'"

Richardson was one of the anchors to Rex Ryan's defensive line, but Sapp was thoroughly unimpressed with his statistics that included only 3-1/2 sacks. Ryan maintained throughout the season that the numbers weren't a true reflection of Richardson's value to his defense.

"The sack numbers do not always tell the true story. I agree with that," Sapp said. "But he's not that highly skilled of a pass rusher."

Richardson was the fifth-rated 3-4 defensive end by Pro Football Focus. Only Texans' Pro Bowler J.J. Watt was ahead of Richardson in run defense rankings. So, surely Sapp can concede that Richardson is a highly skilled lineman even with the low sack totals, right?

"You said that. I didn't," Sapp said. "So if you're highly skilled, you should be able to rush the passer, right?... Was he defensive player of the year in college? Was he an All-American? You're comparing him to a first-ballot of Hall of Famer?"

Sapp was downright offended at the notion that there are some elements in Richardson's game similar to him. He suggested a more apt comparison for Richardson might be Albert Haynesworth.

"What does he do well?" Sapp asked about Richardson.

Stuffing the run, he was told.

"Yeah. A run stuffer in a pass-first league," Sapp mocked.

Sapp was also unimpressed with Richardson's declaration after the season that he viewed himself as the Defensive Rookie of the Year whether he actually wins the award of not. The NFL will reveal Saturday night whether Richardson or Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso — the leading candidates — takes home the award.

"I heard Steven Jackson say he's going in the Hall of Fame, but he's not going," Sapp said. "There's a bunch of guys that walk around and say a bunch of things about themselves. That's not the truth."

http://m.nydailynews...ticle-1.1595369
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Warren sapp is all like
I'LL FIND THE TRUTH AND ABUSE IT TILL YOU DISLIKE ME
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Richardson tweeted this

@Godforshort 1h
Hey people hated on Jesus what makes me better...but you keep doing your #HOF thing tho..P.S. I never wanted to be compared...

Hopefully Richardson uses this as more motivation. He seems like a pretty motivated guy anyways, you can tell he has a passion for the game and wants to be great.

Richardson was much better than Sapp was as a rookie. Interior DL usually take some time to hit their prime. Look at Wilkerson. He had 3 sacks his rookie year, 10.5 in year 3.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Sheldon and Mo are just going to be downright scary for the next few years here(hopefully more). Whats the story with Coples? Of course he was injured much of the year but if he can stay healthy then big things ahead for this Defense. Hope Coples lives up to expectations.

#5 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 January 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

Richardson tweeted this

Hopefully Richardson uses this as more motivation. He seems like a pretty motivated guy anyways, you can tell he has a passion for the game and wants to be great.

Richardson was much better than Sapp was as a rookie. Interior DL usually take some time to hit their prime. Look at Wilkerson. He had 3 sacks his rookie year, 10.5 in year 3.

Come on guys. Richardson was all we could have asked for and more. We are thrilled with him and his upside is really great. Having said that, comparing him to Sapp is ridiculous. It would have been like comparing Sanchez to Namath after the first year. He certainly exceeded expectations and it is exciting to have him here but let's let his career speak for itself and not try and make him something that he isn't quite yet.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

View Postchocomag, on 30 January 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Come on guys. Richardson was all we could have asked for and more. We are thrilled with him and his upside is really great. Having said that, comparing him to Sapp is ridiculous. It would have been like comparing Sanchez to Namath after the first year. He certainly exceeded expectations and it is exciting to have him here but let's let his career speak for itself and not try and make him something that he isn't quite yet.

Who compared him to Sapp? The media made the comparisons and Warren Sapp is a dumb ass that makes a lot of idiotic statements. And Sanchez was like Namath in that he threw more INTs than Tds. Sanchez was always terrible so it doesn't matter. I don't see anyone trying to make Richardson something he isn't.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users