NYJetsFan.com Forums: Could Sanchez Return? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
santana Icon : (Today, 11:04 AM) I knew about odell since grade school
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM) You don't follow football.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) I was raving about him all 2012
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:59 AM) Thanks for the fantasy win bum.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) you are welcome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) i'm happy with my performance i fielded a great team. rain in oakland screwed me a bit as did the pack vs the vikings
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) just not in the cards
santana Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) I enjoyed how you second guessed your self twice with murray and mckinnon
santana Icon : (Today, 12:06 PM) also fleener off the wire lulz
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) 70 degrees out going to go hit 18 holes and then catch mnf at the super dome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) I AM THE TABLE
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) ....frown face
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) You're ripping my decisions and you still lost.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) I do feel your pain though. Would of beaten everyone. Especially Mr Jet
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) And i liked your move to stop my defensive streaming and you picked up all shit defences
santana Icon : (Today, 01:26 PM) you are reading too much into the defenses. i'm not that smart. and they accumulated because i had bad waiver position so they never dropped on players i was trying to pick up.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:27 PM) I am ripping your decisions because they made me lol during the week
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) you scrambled to plug all your holes and I had my lineup set almost two weeks ago. its all good though odb and forte came through
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:31 PM) Lol you mean two good players played well? It wasn't an anomaly
santana Icon : (Today, 01:32 PM) yeah thats what i said
santana Icon : (Today, 01:33 PM) I blame cobb and the packers d also the rain in oakland. I think I already said this
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) I mean... you caught me on about the best possible time. So you can use whatever excuses
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) You have a nice team though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) My QB had 11 points and I had to use a backup RB. And still won.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) It'll be interesting to see how the season finishes. Alot of the top teams still play each other again
gmany3k Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) anyone is this going to be nationaly televised game ?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Could Sanchez Return?

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

Sanchez’s status remains unclear

It’s a given that quarterback Mark Sanchez won’t return to the Jets with a $9 million base salary and a $2 million roster bonus due later this month. But until he’s cut, there’s a chance he could stay, with a revised deal.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it’s still too early to know how it will play out. Whatever the Jets offer Sanchez on a reduced contract could be more than what another team would pay.

The Jets haven’t committed to Geno Smith as the starting quarterback in 2014, but it would be awkward for G.M. John Idzik if the guy Idzik tried to displace returns to the team after a year spent on injured reserve and knocks Smith to the bench. For coach Rex Ryan, in contrast, it could be just what he needs.

Ryan is coaching for his job once again in 2014. If Smith can’t do lead the team to victory, then Ryan needs someone else to get it done.

The final outcome hinges largely on whether the teams potentially interested in Sanchez find other quarterbacks elsewhere, in the early days of free agency. By the time March 25 approaches, much more will be known about the available options — and much more will be known about whether and to what extent the Jets’ best offer compares to what another team would pay.

Yes, it’s tampering for another team to let Sanchez or his agents know what another team would pay. That won’t stop it from happening.

The Jets have the space to carry Sanchez’s $13 million cap number. Based on the way his latest contract was written, they also have some time.

http://profootballta...emains-unclear/

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Report: Sanchez apartment hunting in NYC

When it comes to New York/New Jersey real estate, Mark Sanchez should be a seller, not a buyer, right? After all, reports of his ouster have been circulating for months. But, wait: The Real Deal, which covers New York real-estate news, reported that Sanchez checked out a $4.2 million loft in Tribeca on Thursday.

The website used an unnamed source, with the listing agent -- a gentlemen from Sotheby's International Realty -- declining to confirm the information. The apartment hit the market only two days ago.

Obvious question: Does this mean Sanchez expects to remain with the New York Jets? We're waiting to hear from the Sanchez camp, but there could be a number of explanations for his house-hunting adventure. Maybe he's looking for investment property. Maybe he's a Robert DeNiro fan and wants to be his neighbor in Tribeca. Who knows?

Sanchez's football future is up in the air. While it's not a foregone conclusion that he will be released, it's certainly a strong possibility. A lot depends on what happens during the first two weeks of free agency. If the Jets sign a veteran quarterback, perhaps Michael Vick or Josh McCown, Sanchez is a goner. If they strike out, they could see Sanchez as their best option. A significant hurdle would remain: Renegotiating his contract, which is due to pay him $11.5 million in 2014. Another issue is the condition of his surgically repaired shoulder.

Basically, the Jets have to make a decision by March 25, when a $2 million roster bonus is due. Yes, another Sanchez-Geno Smith competition would be awkward and potentially messy, but they can't leave themselves vulnerable again at the position, as they did last season.

The Jets have been tight-lipped on Sanchez's future, refusing to say anything.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Well then there is this...

@MMehtaNYDN - Mark Sanchez wasn't even in NY this week, so I'm not sure how he could be checking out a loft in Tribeca. #nyj

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users