NYJetsFan.com Forums: Holmes Released - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Today, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Holmes Released

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

@nyjets - WR Santonio Holmes has been released.
@nyjets - Rex (1 of 3): I appreciate Tones contributions over the last four seasons. Ive always admired his knack for making the clutch play.
@nyjets - Rex (2 of 3): Hes a tremendous competitor who wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line."
@nyjets - Rex (3 of 3): I wish him nothing but the best. More- http://bit.ly/1ndG9eX

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

so now we have holes at WR (well bigger holes) and CB. hopefully idzik puts the cap space to use and gets geno some targets and gets some CB help
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 March 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

so now we have holes at WR (well bigger holes) and CB. hopefully idzik puts the cap space to use and gets geno some targets and gets some CB help

All the media guys say Idzik is a planner. I would assume he has a master plan in place. Probably with options if certain guys fall through. At least I hope.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Holmes lost me as a fan when he got kicked out of the huddle. I say good riddance. Save the money & look to FA or the draft. I am fine with Hill, Kerley & who ever we pick up...Holmes has been injury prone & lacking a TEAM mentality
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

1. Good riddance: This was a long time coming. The Jets would've cut him last year if it weren't for the 2013 guarantee ($7.5 million) in his contract. Holmes was the ultimate diva, causing problems when things didn't go his way. He was the root of the locker-room turmoil in 2011, clashing with Mark Sanchez in a meeting and getting thrown out of the huddle by teammates in the season finale. Holmes and Sanchez met in the offseason to patch up their relationship, with Holmes telling Sanchez he'd be a team player. It sounded sincere at first, but he reverted to his selfish ways, telling Sanchez he wanted at least five catches per game. Because of Holmes, mistakenly named a captain that year by Rex Ryan, the Jets abolished the practice of making permanent captains. That will be Holmes' legacy.

2. A quarter-million dollars per catch: Former general manager Mike Tannenbaum made a nice trade in 2010, picking up Holmes for the fire-sale price of a fifth-round draft pick. With a substance-abuse suspension looming, the Pittsburgh Steelers were desperate to unload the former Super Bowl MVP. The Jets got one good year out of Holmes, who delivered many clutch plays, but their mistake was overpaying when he hit free agency in 2011 -- five years, $45 million. Holmes benefited from the perfect storm. Because of the lockout, it was a late free-agent period. The Jets didn't have another No. 1-caliber receiver, so they were desperate -- and they got squeezed by Holmes. He collected $24 million the past three years, which breaks down to $255,319 per reception.

3. A hard lesson: The Holmes debacle should serve as a cautionary tale for John Idzik, who soon will be doling out the first big free-agent contracts of his GM tenure: Don't invest significant money in players with character issues. More often than not, you get burned. As they attempt to rebuild the wide receiver position, through free agency and the draft, the Jets should put an added emphasis on the intangibles, looking for team-oriented players not afflicted by the "disease of me," as Pat Riley once said. Granted, it's hard to find those guys at receiver, a diva position, but they're out there.

4. A new No. 1: The Jets just dumped their most accomplished receiver, so they need to find a new No. 1. They have a No. 3 (Jeremy Kerley) and a No. 4 (David Nelson), along with a wild card (Stephen Hill). They can find a No. 2 in free agency, a No. 2 who probably will be miscast in a lead role. The future No. 1 probably will come from the draft, one of the richest receiver drafts in history.

Posted Image

#6 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Bring on odell Beckham please

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users