NYJetsFan.com Forums: <merged> Revis Signs With Pats - 1 Yr Deal - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Bullshit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) f***
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How the f*** is that not interference
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) That's flag 101 never looking back and pushing the WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How is that not PI?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Never looked for the ball for a second
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) Fuck this game fuck the refs fuck this team fuck the season. I'm over this shit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) That's bullshit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) On the bright side we get to play Detroit, San Diego, NE and denver in our next 4 games
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) Oh look the refs gave the Jets another timeout. A timeout the Jets didn't even have. SMDH
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Until we get rid of geno smith we are going nowhere. Bottom line. Dude is more erratic than romo
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) I'm really not feeling Geno Smith.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Or any other QB in the league. Trade for Sanchez Now!
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) We'd be 3-0 with Sanchez
SokeSleezy Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Geno's needs to work on his accuracy,Stafford gonna kill us next week smh
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Yeah gonna go with a good old f*** Geno this week. He is still playing better than last year though
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) People saying Sanchez sucks keep in mind he never had a chance to play in morningwegs system. He was held back by shottenheimer
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) This team will never have a franchise QB. We can't draft them and when we sign or trade for them, they're past their primes.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

<merged> Revis Signs With Pats - 1 Yr Deal

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

@AdamSchefter - Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources

#2 User is online   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

U know u want to comeback to us
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#4 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

Jesus. This may be the craziest free agency pool I've ever seen. So many well-known players will be on the market. It's ridiculous

#5 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

you KNOW Revis wont take 10-12 mil to be in NY, he aint even worth the head ache of his money hungry contract issues ever chance he gets. We missed on the BIG CB signings...we better GET DRC or we up shit creek. Now ADD Right Tackle to our list of holes!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Once he hits FA he will be looking for a contender. We will have no chance. My gut tells me he will wind up in NE to torment us like Favre did to GB. However if we gave up a late round pick or even the 4th back for him we could get him and his $16M cost. It would appear we will have plenty of room to house that contract. Also the way the contract is written we could release him at anytime with no cap penalty. He would fill a need. I guess the question is if we want him back at $16m.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 March 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Once he hits FA he will be looking for a contender. We will have no chance. My gut tells me he will wind up in NE to torment us like Favre did to GB. However if we gave up a late round pick or even the 4th back for him we could get him and his $16M cost. It would appear we will have plenty of room to house that contract. Also the way the contract is written we could release him at anytime with no cap penalty. He would fill a need. I guess the question is if we want him back at $16m.

They have $15M is cap space and holes to fill. The only thing certain about Revis is that he wants money. I'm not seeing him taking a discount to play for NE.

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostChaos, on 12 March 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

They have $15M is cap space and holes to fill. The only thing certain about Revis is that he wants money. I'm not seeing him taking a discount to play for NE.

I am sure there is a way. I just feel it. Its gonna suck.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I am sure there is a way. I just feel it. Its gonna suck.

Ian Rapoport just tweeted the solution...

@RapSheet - If teams want to trade for Darrelle Revis, then convert his $16M salary into a bonus, the cap number would be $5.6M this year.

And now that puts a damper on my day too. :nea:

#10 User is online   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostChaos, on 12 March 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Ian Rapoport just tweeted the solution...

@RapSheet - If teams want to trade for Darrelle Revis, then convert his $16M salary into a bonus, the cap number would be $5.6M this year.

And now that puts a damper on my day too. :nea:/>

:banghead: life as a Jets fan
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

But doesnt that just push the cap number into next year?
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 March 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

But doesnt that just push the cap number into next year?

It would cap fuck teams for a while.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Bucs releasing Darrelle Revis. Official

Go get him him back, do not let him go to that scum bag organization over in new england

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#14 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

if he signs with NE, I'm buying a ticket and participating in a Revis jersey bonfire.

#15 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 12 March 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

It would cap f*** teams for a while.

"Cap f***" should become a technical term.

With the moves we have made (cutting Cro and Holmes), how likely is it the Jets will be in a position to potentially bring Revis back?

It would be heaven to have him back as a Jet. But there's certainly no point signing him and discovering there is no cap room to play with to bring in the likes of Decker, Giacomini, maybe Vick and some other needs. That could potentially see him fall into the Pats' lap though, which is something I don't want to think about!

#16 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

haha, I'm with you there although I don't buy jerseys. I do however have two shirts with a jets logo on the front and revis and "24" on the back that I could throw into that fire.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#17 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

for the right money, his love for rex ryan and an end of big passing plays like all last year.

yes! anything else, no.

#18 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

Worse nightmare for jets fans...

Darrelle Revis didn't quite get the same jump on free agency as other players, but for the second straight offseason, a team will be paying a handsome sum for the All-Pro cornerback to switch teams. Revis and the New England Patriots agreed to a one-year, $12 million contract on Wednesday, culminating a rapid negotiations process.

ESPN's Adam Schefter broke the news:

#19 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

jets just need to build a winner. if u have a loser mentality you'll be a loser. jets don't need to worry about the pats or hometown giants. no nightmares here.

#20 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

they lose Talib, get Revis...fine. its what ever, let them deal with the A$$ phuk that is Revis negotiations !lets hope we can get a legit WR to go with Decker & amke em CHOOSE which pill to swallow
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users