NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cb Drc Reached Agreement With Giants On A Five-Year Deal - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) SUCK THE DUCK!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) WOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:14 PM) Happy Mr_Jet?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) Ray Rice has been reinstated!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) Sign him!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:28 PM) Can he pass block?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:23 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Cb Drc Reached Agreement With Giants On A Five-Year Deal List of remaining CBs left on the market

#1 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image

Not sure how accurate it is up to this moment.

Champ bailey also should be on that list
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#2 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

either way you slice it. we are stuck in the secondary all the way around. Missed on Revis (no biggie cause he is all about the $$) missed Verner, & now DRC. Byrd gone, no real safety move/option...Im feeling doom & gloom on our secondary. In Miliner we trust? I don't (yet) we are in deep poo now...
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

At this point, they should bring back Antonio Cromartie to a 1 yr deal and hope he can bounce back. Not much out there for man to man coverage.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan wanted to bring Darrelle Revis back to New York, and then watched Revis leave for New England. Ryan then wanted to sign Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and then he signed with the cross-town Giants.

"Rex is pissed," one friend of Ryan told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

Ryan's annoyance is less interesting to us than the reality that this kind of story is leaking to the New York media. Mehta's colleague Gary Myers wrote a long piece last week explaining how owner Woody Johnson and general manager John Idzik didn't want to bring Revis back.

After DRC signed with the Giants, one Jets employee told Mehta that Idzik "operates on his own time and schedule. Unbelievable."

In fairness to Idzik, the Jets have made mistakes on contracts in the past when they acted emotionally or did the "popular" move. The Jets had Rodgers-Cromartie in their building before his visit with the Giants, but the Jets apparently didn't value him enough.

The contrast between Ryan and Idzik, meanwhile, could continue to play out in the media despite last season's oddly happy ending. Idzik is thinking long term. Ryan needs to win this season to keep his job, and he doesn't have the players to pull it off.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

"One friend" "one jets employee"? Typical Mehta bullshit. He's just stirring the pot like always.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

I'm not buying into Manish. He has been trying to stir up drama all FA, he has been wrong on pretty much everything regarding the Jets. He has no inside info anymore, they locked him out. The JEts have killed their internal leaks and are pretty secretive now.

I think that it is probably to be assumed that Rex is unhappy with not signing a CB though, he loves CBs and needs 2 quality man to man CBs on the outsides so he can blitz more.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

By Darryl Slater/The Star-Ledger
Email the author | Follow on Twitter

The Jets did not land yet another free agent cornerback Monday, when Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie agreed to sign with the Giants.

There is an increasing sense of frustration about how Jets general manager John Idzik, as he prepares for his second season on the job, is handling the search for a new No. 1 corner, especially since the Jets have about $27.9 million in salary cap space, according to overthecap.com.

The Jets losing Rodgers-Cromartie to the Giants is underscored by the fact that coach Rex Ryan's defense is predicated on man-to-man coverage by his corners – and that is a particularly strong area of Rodgers-Cromatie's game, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Ryan, with a contract extension that reportedly lacks fully guaranteed money past 2015, is essentially coaching for his job again in 2014. He needs to win now, so he needs an elite corner to help a defense that ranked 22nd in the NFL in passing yards allowed last year.

Moreover, Idzik's inability to land Rodgers-Cromartie, who visited with the Jets and Giants over the weekend, will be highlighted by the corner's presence on the roster of New York's other NFL franchise, the source said.

"This is on him," the source said of Idzik, as Rodgers-Cromartie decided to stay in town, but with the Giants rather than the Jets.

Rodgers-Cromartie’s signing leaves the Jets still without a No. 1 cornerback. The team released Antonio Cromartie to save $9.5 million against the salary cap, but has yet to pour the money back into its defense.

Rodgers-Cromartie joins a long list of potential cornerback targets – Vontae Davis, Alterraun Verner, Aqib Talib, Darrelle Revis, Captain Munnerlyn and Brandon Browner – who have moved on to other teams or, in the case of Davis, stayed with their current team.

The Giants gave Rodgers-Cromartie a contract with a baseline value of $35 million over five years, with $15 million guaranteed.

The Jets wanted to sign Rodgers-Cromartie to a one-year “prove it” contract worth $6 million, with options after this year, according to Andrew Brandt, the former Packers vice president and current ESPN analyst.

Now, the Jets might perhaps attempt to bring back Cromartie, a cousin of Rodgers-Cromartie. The free agent corner market seems otherwise bare.

"There's nobody left on defense," the source said.

Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users