NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Are Doomed! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (30 July 2014 - 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (Yesterday, 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) now that was a busy MLB trade day
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) some WS level moves too
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) Price to DET, Lester to OAK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Dubbs is going to be watching a lot of Fox Sports this season
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:11 PM) Brady Quinn going to be a college/NFL analyst
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) I didnt realize quinn was already out of the nfl
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:22 PM) Scooped up that new dortmund jersey
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) http://i.imgur.com/NkpSryy.jpg
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) Dope.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:23 PM) Brady Quinn has always looked like a plastic TV talking head jock anyway.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) MIZZOU
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:25 AM) HAHAHAHA the Cowboys sent playoff ticket and NFC title game tickets to all season ticket holders!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:25 AM) :hysterical:
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Are Doomed! the media clown car has arrived starring Manish!

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Report: Jets privately apologize for negotiating tactics

When the Chiefs chose to complain about the failure of agent Steve Weinberg to follow through on a verbal deal for receiver Emmanuel Sanders, several league insiders — both from the team side and the agent side — pointed out that NFL teams routinely engage in shady business dealings, too.

The Jets apparently could be on that list, in one specific way.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets have apologized to at least one agent after the team misled the agent regarding the team’s interest in a player during the three-day exclusive negotiating window.

Multiple agents told Mehta the Jets engaged in “questionable practices” by leading them to believe the team’s interest was at a level that the eventual offers apparently didn’t match.

That specific accusation comes in an article that focuses primarily on the frustrations arising within the organization regarding the slow pace of G.M. John Idzik in free-agency negotiations. An unnamed member of the organization said that Idzik “operates on his own time and schedule,” and that the situation is “unbelievable.”

As to the latest player the Jets failed to sign, Mehta reports that the Jets made a “desperate 11th-hour offer” for cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but that it was too late to keep him away from the Giants.

That said, the Jets closed the deal with receiver Eric Decker during his first and only free-agency visit. So Idzik hasn’t been slow on every possible candidate.

Looking at the situation more broadly, the leaks suggest a level of dysfunction that either didn’t previously exist or that had been successfully concealed under Idzik’s leadership. That could make for another mess of a season, if the Jets get off to a slow start in 2014.

http://profootballta...iating-tactics/

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

We should ban Mehta from the forum. This extra publicity he gets for half ass reporting only helps him. Personaly I like what Idzik is doing. He is not a Band-Aid guy. He is trying to build a solid team with a solid financial ground. This takes time. Last year and this year I am patient.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

I've come to realize that no matter what happens, people are going to find a reason to complain about anything. If Idzik went balls to the wall this FA period and signed everyone, people will say things like "oh well Tannenbaum did the same thing by spending a bunch of money and look where it landed the team before." The Jets greatly exceeded expectations last season after being heavily restricted in cap space (through no fault of Idzik). They have a bunch of draft picks for May, but it is imperative that Idzik hits a home run on them and gets guys that implement his vision properly.

Are there FA's that I want the Jets to have gone after that they didn't end up signing? Absolutely. Do I think Idzik (if these stories about him being stubborn are true) should try to find more of a middle ground in negotiations? That's debatable. I do think that we need to cut the man some slack though, this is the second year of his tenure, and really the first year he's able to do anything legitimate since he isn't restricted like he was last season.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 18 March 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

We should ban Mehta from the forum. This extra publicity he gets for half ass reporting only helps him. Personaly I like what Idzik is doing. He is not a Band-Aid guy. He is trying to build a solid team with a solid financial ground. This takes time. Last year and this year I am patient.

should get a chant going during the nfl draft

MEHTA SUCKS!
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#5 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

I wouldn't give credence to anything Mehta says. He repeats old news and makes up bullshit with his "anonymous" sources. Would it have been nice to get DRC? Sure. Is Idzick known for building through the draft rather than FA? Duh.
Mehta doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. A "source" says this. A source says that. An un-named agent but then talks immediately about DRC. So why not put DRC's agents name on it? Because he knows its bullshit.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users