NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Qb Shuffle - Vick In, Sanchez Out - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Qb Shuffle - Vick In, Sanchez Out

#1 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

The Jets’ quarterback picture underwent a dramatic makeover Friday evening.
The team signed Michael Vick and released Mark Sanchez, making two moves that have been rumored for weeks.
Vick, who visited with the Jets on Friday, signed a one-year, $5 million contract, according to ESPN.
The 33-year-old knows Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg well from their four years together with the Eagles. He was considered the top free-agent quarterback available. The Jets expect him to back up Geno Smith and possibly challenge him for the job.
With a new quarterback on the roster, the team released the former starter Sanchez.
“I’d like to thank Mark for everything he’s done for this team and me personally,” coach Rex Ryan said in a statement issued by the team. “We were rookies together and had some early success, becoming the first rookie head coach and quarterback to go to back-to-back championship games. We experienced a lot together and I really appreciate Mark. He’s a great player, a great teammate, and I wish him nothing but the best.”
Sanchez was drafted No. 5 overall by the team in 2009 and helped the team to appearances in the AFC Championship Game in his first two seasons. But things went south after that.
Sanchez committed a total of 52 turnovers combined in 2011 and 2012. He endured the team trading for Tim Tebow and then drafting Geno Smith last year to challenge him for the job.
Ryan made the strange decision of putting Sanchez in during the fourth quarter of a preseason game against the Giants behind a backup offensive line. Sanchez was hit by defensive lineman Marvin Austin and injured his shoulder. The torn labrum in his right shoulder required surgery, forcing him to miss the entire season.
The Jets had to make a move with Sanchez before Monday. If he remained on the roster on Tuesday, he would have been due a $2 million roster bonus. By releasing Sanchez, the Jets clear $8.3 million in salary cap space.

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Shuffle or circus or whatever way the media spins it, this had to happen. Idzik wasn't going to risk Sanchez beating Geno this summer. Vick has experience with MM. It was too obvious that Sanchez was being held as the last hope if the Jets couldn't sign another vet as back up. Best part? Vick signed for a one year deal.

New plan! Draft a QB late in the draft (Fales?) and cut Simms. Go into the season with Geno, Vick, rookie. Develop the rookie and he replaces Vick as #2 next year as Geno (hopefully) solidifies himself as #1.

#3 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hide Your Pet, Vick's A Jet!

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

If Vick starts, I have confidence in him to get it done. Hes a exciting player that will make big plays and can win games. He gets injured too easily though. But as a backup? Awesome move, if our starter went down he can come in and win.

But I don't think it's a lock that Geno starts, I think Vick could easily out play him this summer. Geno has to bring it, now this is going to push him to become a better QB, if not well then he wasn't our future anyways.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Get ready for it

Posted Image

#6 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

VICK = $$$

Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#7 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

the hype is real

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostChaos, on 21 March 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Shuffle or circus or whatever way the media spins it, this had to happen. Idzik wasn't going to risk Sanchez beating Geno this summer. Vick has experience with MM. It was too obvious that Sanchez was being held as the last hope if the Jets couldn't sign another vet as back up. Best part? Vick signed for a one year deal.

New plan! Draft a QB late in the draft (Fales?) and cut Simms. Go into the season with Geno, Vick, rookie. Develop the rookie and he replaces Vick as #2 next year as Geno (hopefully) solidifies himself as #1.

I have only one problem with one thing you said.... about risking Sanchez beating Geno out. The rest of what you said was fine but that part was kind of stupid.

Sanchez has been crap every year he has been in the league so even if they did keep him and pay him all kinds of money to be crappy what would be the point. So no is wasn't any kind of risk. Sanchez is what he is and a change of scenery isn't going to change him. Whether Mark is better than Geno or Geno is better than Mark it isn't the point. mark has failed miserably and if not for him being literally carried by the extraordinary team he had around him 4 two years he would have been never got that contract that put us in a mess to begin with.
Marks future is either a great backup qb or a qb brought in to start for a team that has no other chance to get an actual quality qb.

The whole point is it doesn't matter who is better between the two. The fans needed a fresh start and Mark will never be the answer so getting rid of Sanchez and playing Geno or someone else was the only right move period. Keeping Sanchez would have been a circus. If Geno and Sanchez would have both been here healthy it would be a complete circus because if Geno doesn't pan out we would have had two mediocre qb`s.

As far as Vick I have mixed feelings and it has nothing to do with the dog thing.

Vick has sustained a lot of injuries and isn't what he once was. He has a strong arm but not very accurate. Won in Atlanta by his feet alone and in Philly he was surrounded by an explosively fast offense.

I just have doubts he will be able to help this team as much as Jets fans think he can.

No matter what it will be an interesting year and at least we can see light at the end of the tunnel with butt fumble gone. There was no future with Sanchez here starting but now we at least have some hope.

#9 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 24 March 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

I have only one problem with one thing you said.... about risking Sanchez beating Geno out. The rest of what you said was fine but that part was kind of stupid.

There was no future with Sanchez here starting but now we at least have some hope.

Well to insure that the jets have no future with sanchez he was let go. No reason risking keeping him around and having him beat geno in camp. I don't get your "stupid" comment when you reached the same conclusion.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users