NYJetsFan.com Forums: Sanchez Deserved Better From Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
santana Icon : (Today, 04:26 PM) initiation is you have to high 5.... 5 pats fans in the span of a week
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) i wonder how ronny is doing as a fins fan lol.
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I think he got sick of being an nfl fan all together
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) but thats just speculation
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I know its starting to make me sick
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) bad refs excessive commercials
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) shitty services available to stream it
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) loads of penalties
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) annoying replay system
santana Icon : (Today, 04:57 PM) ambiguous rules where the ref has to fucking explain everything to you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:58 PM) oh and the constant violence out side of the game. domestic abuse. murders. dui cases. gun charges. young players wanting to smoke weed with less repercussion. veteran players wanting less hgh testing to stay healthy and in the league
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) BUY BUD LIGHT GUYS AND A TACOMA NATIONWIDE IS ON YOUR SIDE PAPAJOHNS DISCOUNT DOUBLE fuck you you will buy it!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) end rant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:08 PM) lol NFL is a big money business, sometimes to run something that big, your gonna have some a-holes involved. any big company is like that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) i might not wanna read this then http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38459
santana Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) yeah heard about it
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Sanchez Deserved Better From Jets NY Post

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

http://nypost.com/20...tter-from-jets/

Mark Sanchez deserved better from Jets
By Mark Cannizzaro
March 22, 2014 | 2:56pm

ST. LOUIS — In the end, after a five-year marriage that became rocky, the Jets’ treatment of Mark Sanchez was deplorable.
Breathe deeply, Sanchez haters. You know who you are, because you are everywhere. Based on the inflammatory Twitter reactions I received for voicing this same sentiment Friday about the poor timing of Sanchez’s release, I’m well aware that statement doesn’t sit well with you. I’m well aware the Jets made Sanchez a multi-millionaire, made him a star, a regular Page Six item for all the high-profile women he dated. That they drafted him perhaps higher (No. 5 overall) than he should have been with so little starting experience coming out of USC in 2009. That they gave him a ridiculous kiss-and-make-up contract extension in 2012 (with more than $20 million guaranteed) after their flirtation with Peyton Manning became public. I get all that. Hold off on the sad-story violin music for the fallen star who is financially set for life. What I do not understand is why, when the Jets knew all along — for months — they were going to move on from Sanchez going forward, they felt the need to bleed this thing out until Friday night, two weeks into free agency and with most teams already having addressed their quarterback vacancies.
By doing this, the Jets dramatically reduced Sanchez’s options for places to sign. Was that necessary?
You want to make the argument the Jets held onto Sanchez as insurance in case they were unable to sign Michael Vick? The Jets never had any intention of keeping Sanchez. They knew their fan base would revolt if Sanchez ever were under center again.
You want to make the argument it was the Jets’ prerogative to wait as long as they wanted — right up until his $2 million roster bonus deadline arrived on Tuesday — before releasing him? Of course it was, but does that make it right?
I get that the NFL, like every other professional sport, is a ruthless business and teams must look out for themselves first. But the way teams treat their players goes a long way toward helping them recruit top players.
A week ago, free-agent cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie chose to sign with the Giants over the Jets after visiting both teams. Maybe it only was about the money for Rodgers-Cromartie, with the Giants offering a sweeter deal. But maybe it was a choice of one organization over the other, too.
Jets general manager John Idzik, for whom the jury remains very much out, has not proven himself to be a very good recruiter. See his failure to add a free agent cornerback to his depleted secondary despite a plentiful market and gads of salary cap space.
The Jets, using the age-old, lame-old public relations ploy when the objective is to attract the least attention possible, announced the Sanchez release on their Twitter account at 6:22 p.m. Friday night with the sports world otherwise immersed in NCAA Tournament basketball.
At 6:26 p.m., the Jets’ Twitter account sent out a canned Rex Ryan quote, reading: “I’d like to thank Mark for everything he’s done for this team and me personally.’’
At 6:32, they sent out a picture of Vick signing his one-year, $5 million contract to replace Sanchez.
Classy stuff.
For all the negatives that seem to override anything good he did as a Jet, Sanchez was a good employee.
The “Buttfumble?’’
Not Sanchez’s fault, yet it is affixed to his legacy as permanently as that tattoo on Ryan’s right arm of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey as a nightie.
When Sanchez was put into that preseason game against the Giants in the fourth quarter last August — behind a backup offensive line, after he already had won the starting job — and got his right shoulder mangled, how often did you hear Sanchez complain about that publicly?
Never. The injury ended Sanchez’s season and, effectively, his career with the Jets. Yet Sanchez, to this day, never has taken a shot at the Jets for their amateur-hour handling of that situation.
As it turned out, amateur hour extended from that 2013 preseason game right up until 6:22 p.m. Friday night.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Personally, I like Sanchez. I think he could have been great here if he was given the right chance too. Give him some weapons and protection, he could have been good. Especially in Marty's system. I wish him the best. I think the best thing for him is a fresh start at this point and hope he is given another shot as a starter somewhere.

#3 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

How is the buttfumble not Sanchez's fault? Brandon Moore didn't twerk into Sanchez.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Just another article trying to stir up controversy for the sake of it.

If Cannizaro focused on Sanchez being put into the preseason game against the Giants as an example of bad treatment or how not giving him a young QB friendly coordinator his first three years in the league stunted his development, then fair enough, but they are both water under the bridge now.

But the timing of his release can't really be seen as poor treatment. Sure his options are slightly more limited since players like Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Schaub had moved on elsewhere already, while Matt Cassel had signed an extension with the Vikings. But there are plenty of teams who Mark could realistically wind up with still yet to make their move. After all, there's one big event - the draft - that is still to come.

I like Sanchez and wish him all the best, but articles like this aren't fair on the Jets.

Regardless of how many moves at QB other teams have already made, Mark will land on his feet and wind up in a QB competition somewhere - he's too talented not to.

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I think Sanchez owed the Jets better.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:06 AM

sanchez was dealt with wrong from the time they drafted him. you have to know your personel and create a successful environment to get back dividends. the jets never did that consistently.

sanchez's best weapons at one point was holmes, edwards, cotchery, keller, and a running game. but they never remained consistent and for whatever reason never upgraded their losses at

those positions. they even got worse on the off. line which also caused a regress in his play. it still remains to be seen if they will repeat the same mistake with geno.

I personally know a couple of nfl players that played for the colts, pats, tb., and one thing they mentioned to me is that teams are always trying to get better, so as a player you

know that you can be replaced. how is it then that the jets lose good players? pass on good players (draft/free agency),etc.?

just think, from the afc championships, the jets went from surrounding sanchez with holmes, edwards, cotchery, keller, LT to the likes of a clyde gates, greg salas and mike "2-guns" goodson?

c'mon man.

#7 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

One of the more ridiculous articles written in quite some time. Cannizaro just embarrassed himself. Sanchez was a failure. He was a top 10 pick and demonstrated he couldn't even be an average quarterback. He regressed every year and simply could not stop turning the ball over, wearing that silly expression on his face after every bad decision. While he did play well in spots in the playoffs, the Jets got there despite his regular season play.

Quarterbacking in the NFL is about one thing and one thing only: Decision making. Sanchez was a bad decision maker, especially while under duress. Physically, he can make all of the throws. And he is athletic. But his accuracy was suspect and he made bad decisions at the most inopportune times.

People can blame the coaching all they want to. I'm sure Tom Brady would have faltered had the Patriots hired Tony Sparano as their offensive coordinator... Ridiculous.

He is a multi millionaire because of a bad decision by Tannenbaum. Sanchez DOES NOT deserve better. So shut up fatboy and stop making a fool of yourself.

#8 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

yeah! shut up fat boy!

Posted Image
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Mark Sanchez got millions of dollars and plenty of model and actress pussy while with the New York Jets. So I'm not shedding any tears for him. I hope he has a great career and now that he's not a Jet anymore, he probably will.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#10 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

From the headline I was honestly expecting it to read about how the organization never really gave him a chance to succeed. When a TE is your leading receiver the majority of your pro career, that says something in itself. Never had consistent receivers, O-line, run game. To me, those are the 3 things a QB needs in place to help him. Yes, some QB's can make the others better through their play, but Sanchez is no Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Andrew Luck.

He's going into Philly knowing he's Foles' backup but he should thrive in Kelly's offense if he needs to be put in. He does only hold the Jets record for most comeback wins. When he got into a rhythm he did damage. After 2010, we'd get a nice drive going and then an absolutely horrible play would be called killing the momentum.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Sanchez walked away with well over 50 million in cash while never completing 60% of his passes or pulling off a 1.5-1TD to INT ratio or an 80+ QB rating. I don't think sanchez is owed anything by this franchise. With that said, i agree that we did little to nothing to give him a really good chance at succeeding, and that he is still a talented QB and was thrown into a positon that very few QBs would have succeeded in.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

I wasn't going to comment on this topic but its been eating at me a lot.

Sanchez didn't get a raw deal he had two years with one of the leagues best teams around him. Sanchez was less than people thought he was. I'm tired of this nice guy crap and players deserve more because they are nice guys.This isnt a nice guy league. Its a best of the best league No one ruined him. He was taken out of college after only one year (by his own choice)and even his head coach said he wasn't ready. Sanchez chose to go into the draft on his own going against his college coaches advice. A great college coach with National Championships under his belt, with NFL experience, and now a Superbowl Championship to add to it.

Sanchez went for the money instead of listening to his experienced winning coach help him develop further so its all on Sanchez for going for the $ and also the Jets made a mistake picking a guy that clearly wasn't ready probably never be NFL starting caliber ready. Instead of trying to develop. Many teams start their rookie qb`s. Sanchez got put onto a great team. He never showed any type of progressive development from his first day to his last day. Sanchez made millions. Far more than he was ever worth. I dont care what the team put around him his last 2 years. His accuracy was terrible and it never improved. Sanchez never developed the ability to think under pressure or read defenses. That comes with purely experience on the field (which Sanchez had) not being taught by coaches. Fact is Sanchez never had what it took and even if he had a Superbowl caliber team around him Sanchez`s major flaws would have still remained.

The only ones that think Sanchez was an NFL starting caliber qb was biased apologetic Jets fans and maybe Rex. If it wasn't the case there are many teams that could have signed him to start and yet no one stepped up. He was signed to a team where he has absolutely zero chance of starting except due to injury. Even if Foles did get injured once he was healthy there is no chance Sanchez would keep starting job.

This list shows 9 teams that could use a quality qb but none of them wanted Sanchez. Obviously they know that Sanchez isn't starting caliber and didn't want the headache of two qb`s on their roster competing for a starting job that were unreliable. Ive stated many times Rex Grossman was very similar to Sanchez as far as accuracy and throwing ability except Rex Grossman was better because he could read defenses and yet the Bears had enough common sense to take his starting job away from him the year after his Superbowl appearance and then get rid of a lost cause.

http://www.nfl.com/n...backneedy-teams

#13 User is offline   greenandwhite4life Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:Sports, specifically football. Would love to be an analyst on ESPN after I'm done with college, and also movies and drama tv like Breaking Bad, Homeland, Sopranos,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 06 May 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Sanchez didn't get a raw deal he had two years with one of the leagues best teams around him. Sanchez was less than people thought he was. I tired of this nice guy crap and players deserve more because they are nice guys. No one ruined him. He was taken out of college after one year and even his head coach said he wasn't ready. Sanchez chose to go into the draft on his own going against his college coaches advice. A great college coach with National Championships under his belt, with NFL experience, and now a Superbowl Championship to add to it.

Sanchez went for the money and the Jets made a mistake picking a guy that would never be NFL starting caliber ready. Instead of trying to develop. Many teams start their rookie qb`s. Sanchez got put onto a great team. He never showed any type of progressive development from his first day to his last day. Sanchez made millions. Far more than he was ever worth. I dont care what the team put around him his last 2 years. His accuracy was terrible and it never improved. Sanchez never developed the ability to think under pressure or read defenses. That comes with purely experience on the field (which Sanchez had) not being taught by coaches. Fact is Sanchez never had what it took and even if he had a Superbowl caliber team around him Sanchez`s major flaws would have still remained.

The only ones that think Sanchez was an NFL starting caliber qb was biased apologetic Jets fans and maybe Rex. If it wasnt the case there are many teams that could have signed him to start and yet no one stepped up. he was signed to a team where he has absolutely zero chance of starting except due to injury. Even if Foles did get injured once he was healthy there is no chance Sanchez would keep starting job.

This list shows 9 teams that could use a quality qb but none of them wanted Sanchez. Obviously they know that Sanchez isn't starting caliber and didn't want the headache of two qb`s on their roster competing for a starting job that were unreliable. Ive stated many times Rex Grossman was very similar to Sanchez as far as accuracy and throwing ability except Rex Grossman was better because he could read defenses and yet the Bears had enough common sense to take his starting job away from him the year after his Superbowl appearance and then get rid of a lost cause.

Agreed, At this point it's pretty evident that this dude knew what he was talking about. Also this is buried somewhere in here but i remember even during his best year, he still had the most interceptions that were dropped by defenders.

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 06 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Sanchez didn't get a raw deal he had two years with one of the leagues best teams around him. Sanchez was less than people thought he was. I'm tired of this nice guy crap and players deserve more because they are nice guys.This isnt a nice guy league. Its a best of the best league No one ruined him. He was taken out of college after only one year (by his own choice)and even his head coach said he wasn't ready. Sanchez chose to go into the draft on his own going against his college coaches advice. A great college coach with National Championships under his belt, with NFL experience, and now a Superbowl Championship to add to it.

Sanchez went for the money instead of listening to his experienced winning coach help him develop further so its all on Sanchez for going for the $ and also the Jets made a mistake picking a guy that clearly wasn't ready probably never be NFL starting caliber ready. Instead of trying to develop. Many teams start their rookie qb`s. Sanchez got put onto a great team. He never showed any type of progressive development from his first day to his last day. Sanchez made millions. Far more than he was ever worth. I dont care what the team put around him his last 2 years. His accuracy was terrible and it never improved. Sanchez never developed the ability to think under pressure or read defenses. That comes with purely experience on the field (which Sanchez had) not being taught by coaches. Fact is Sanchez never had what it took and even if he had a Superbowl caliber team around him Sanchez`s major flaws would have still remained.

The only ones that think Sanchez was an NFL starting caliber qb was biased apologetic Jets fans and maybe Rex. If it wasn't the case there are many teams that could have signed him to start and yet no one stepped up. He was signed to a team where he has absolutely zero chance of starting except due to injury. Even if Foles did get injured once he was healthy there is no chance Sanchez would keep starting job.

So for over a month you couldn't stop thinking about this article?
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 06 May 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

So for over a month you couldn't stop thinking about this article?

Correct. I didn't want to reply while people were constantly crying about a guy being given millions for pure sh*tty league worst in many areas play wasn't spoon-fed enough. I waited till it died down.

At least you didn't come back and try to bring some off the wall delusional argument reply. The fact that no team that needed a qb wanted him at all speaks more than words ever could.

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

ugh!! deserved better? how many lives can one cat have? Jets rolled out red carpet for Sanchez. He was coddled too much. Remember when we had MLB guys in to teach him how to slide? the guy was truly never in fear of losing his job because we never applied pressure until the org thought he was cooked here.

If anything the Jets are guilty of overly fucking around with the roster. Musical chairs at the Wr position really hampered his growth as a QB. Thats probably the only thing we did that was truly bad for him. The addition of Santonio was overkill for the franchise. I remember the year we got Holmes he was suspended for the first 3-4 games. Sanchez put up real good numbers with Bray, Keller and Cotch as his main targets. We were scoring in the mid to high 20's for those 4 games. The game Holmes came back was against the Packers and we didn't even end up with the field goal and got beat 10-0. That was the turning point. Too much overkill and typical Tannenbaum getting F.A happy. Holmes was likely the piece that killed the Jets and Sanchez to be honest.

This shit Sanchez deserved better is complete bullshit. He made a joke of this franchise toward the end with his play. I never was a fan of his from the beginning. He was given a lot of opportunities but in closing the guy was never meant to be. I think Joe Gibbs said it best. "It truly doesn't matter what the talent level is like around a QB. If he's meant to be a starting QB he'll be one".. I'm so done with him and all is apologists.

Last Sanchez post of my life.

#17 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 07 May 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

ugh!! deserved better? how many lives can one cat have? Jets rolled out red carpet for Sanchez. He was coddled too much. Remember when we had MLB guys in to teach him how to slide? the guy was truly never in fear of losing his job because we never applied pressure until the org thought he was cooked here.

If anything the Jets are guilty of overly f***ing around with the roster. Musical chairs at the Wr position really hampered his growth as a QB. Thats probably the only thing we did that was truly bad for him. The addition of Santonio was overkill for the franchise. I remember the year we got Holmes he was suspended for the first 3-4 games. Sanchez put up real good numbers with Bray, Keller and Cotch as his main targets. We were scoring in the mid to high 20's for those 4 games. The game Holmes came back was against the Packers and we didn't even end up with the field goal and got beat 10-0. That was the turning point. Too much overkill and typical Tannenbaum getting F.A happy. Holmes was likely the piece that killed the Jets and Sanchez to be honest.

This shit Sanchez deserved better is complete bullshit. He made a joke of this franchise toward the end with his play. I never was a fan of his from the beginning. He was given a lot of opportunities but in closing the guy was never meant to be. I think Joe Gibbs said it best. "It truly doesn't matter what the talent level is like around a QB. If he's meant to be a starting QB he'll be one".. I'm so done with him and all is apologists.

Last Sanchez post of my life.

9-0. And I think Holmes' presence actually was the difference in the playoff win in Foxboro. Other than that, I completely agree with your assertion that he was coddled. The Jets gave him every chance to succeed. He just didn't have what it took. He is a career backup.

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostCamenzind, on 08 May 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

9-0. And I think Holmes' presence actually was the difference in the playoff win in Foxboro. Other than that, I completely agree with your assertion that he was coddled. The Jets gave him every chance to succeed. He just didn't have what it took. He is a career backup.

In a nutshell.

#19 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 24 March 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

I think Sanchez owed the Jets better.

Me too. He got his money. They NEVER should've taken him. That was their mistake. Poor Mark...gtfo
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Oh my God can this post please die? I'm sorry I started it damn lol...an illustrious man once said, "this is so zzzzZZzzzZZZzzzz"
Posted ImagePosted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users