NYJetsFan.com Forums: For All Those Concerned About Jackson's Gang Ties - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

For All Those Concerned About Jackson's Gang Ties

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 392
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

A couple reminders to everyone worried about D-Jax throwing a couple gang signs in a music video.

Ben Rothesburger Raped a woman in in a public bathroom

Kobe Bryant raped a hotel manager by tricking her into coming into to his room by saying the TV was broken

Ray Lewis Stabbed two men to death at a bar and latter lied to the police about even being there

Lawrence Taylor had sex with a 16 year old girl while high on crack

Mike Vick Hosted a dog fighting ring and personally killed dogs

Rae Carruth hired two hit men to conduct the execution-style murder of his pregnant girlfriend, all because she wanted to keep the child.

Michael Irvin was a coke head for years while he was playing

OJ Simpson - nuf said

Sebastian Janikowski - He's been arrested for bar fights, drinking and driving, reckless driving, bribing a police officer, evidence tampering and possession of a drug best known as "the date rape drug."

Lance Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl in 1970.

Lawrence Phillips hit a woman in the face once for refusing to dance with him. Phillips is currently behind bars for 29 more years, in part, for driving his car into three teens after a dispute arose from a pick-up game of football.

Barret Robbins is known as being the guy who went on a bender the night before the Super Bowl and was nowhere to be found the day of the game. Robbins out did himself the following year when he attacked three police officers who returned the favor by popping him twice in the chest. Even after being shot he continued his attack. He later would take a plea bargain for his charges.

Mark Gastineau was arrested multiple times for Assault, drug possession and women beating. Continuous parole violations earned an 11-month long retreat in Riker's Island prison.

Eugene Robinson -- On the same day he received the Bart Starr Award from Athletes in Action, Robinson got caught offering an undercover Miami policewoman $40 for oral sex. Did I mention the award is given to those showing the utmost standards of moral conduct? Or that the award was given the day before he was to play in the Super Bowl?
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,235
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

First off some of the people on your list went to prison for what they did or for other offenses. Some on that list were just to have been alleged to have done those things. Some did those things after they retired and some have cleaned up their acts and others are now outcasts. But just because there have been athletes how have done (allegedly or not) bad things in the past doesn't mean the Jets should run out and sign DeSean Jackson. Now I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed Jackson, I think it would be a good thing when it comes to this team's needs at the WR position. BUT I think that Woody, Idzik, and Rex need to do what is best for the ENTIRE team and bringing in Jackson might not be good for the entire team. Yeah he's a good football player for 3 hours on Sundays between September to January. But what is he doing off the field before and after game days? What is he doing during the off-season? What kind of example is he setting for the younger players in the locker room? Those questions just can't be overlooked. The Eagles organization wants to win just as bad as the other 31 franchises want to. But they just released a great player in the prime of his career for reasons that didn't have to do with salary cap concerns. The Eagles would not have done that if there weren't some serious concerns regarding Jackson's off the field activities. That's something the Jets need to consider.

I find it interesting that a large number of this fanbase who grew tired of Santonio Holmes (who had many of the same type of off the field concerns Jackson has), now wants the Jets to sign Jackson. But once the winning stopped and Holmes's skills started to decline (to the fans) he became an expendable thug who was a cancer in the locker room.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#3 User is offline   shrekman1 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: 21-December 08

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Adam Schefter "Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson."



NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call.


0

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,895
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postshrekman1, on 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Adam Schefter "Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson."



NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call.

I wonder if they are scared of tampering charges if they pursue him since Woody ran his trap.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 392
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

First off some of the people on your list went to prison for what they did or for other offenses. Some on that list were just to have been alleged to have done those things. Some did those things after they retired and some have cleaned up their acts and others are now outcasts. But just because there have been athletes how have done (allegedly or not) bad things in the past doesn't mean the Jets should run out and sign DeSean Jackson. Now I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed Jackson, I think it would be a good thing when it comes to this team's needs at the WR position. BUT I think that Woody, Idzik, and Rex need to do what is best for the ENTIRE team and bringing in Jackson might not be good for the entire team. Yeah he's a good football player for 3 hours on Sundays between September to January. But what is he doing off the field before and after game days? What is he doing during the off-season? What kind of example is he setting for the younger players in the locker room? Those questions just can't be overlooked. The Eagles organization wants to win just as bad as the other 31 franchises want to. But they just released a great player in the prime of his career for reasons that didn't have to do with salary cap concerns. The Eagles would not have done that if there weren't some serious concerns regarding Jackson's off the field activities. That's something the Jets need to consider.

I find it interesting that a large number of this fanbase who grew tired of Santonio Holmes (who had many of the same type of off the field concerns Jackson has), now wants the Jets to sign Jackson. But once the winning stopped and Holmes's skills started to decline (to the fans) he became an expendable thug who was a cancer in the locker room.



Holmes skills never lived up to his billing the guy had a great 1/2 year with us following a great 2009 season with the stealers. After getting his contract he never played the same. That's the primary reason he has to go. Holmes also seemed like a great leader but once his skills dropped he became a whinny bitch. No one wants to put up with a whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,235
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 29 March 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Holmes skills never lived up to his billing the guy had a great 1/2 year with us following a great 2009 season with the stealers. After getting his contract he never played the same. That's the primary reason he has to go. Holmes also seemed like a great leader but once his skills dropped he became a whinny bitch. No one wants to put up with a whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball.


Well Holmes spent the better part of the last few seasons injured. What I'm saying is once Holmes lost his value to us, we stopped overlooking his "whiny bitch" attitude. I don't remember much criticism about Holmes's off the field behavior in 2010. What I'm saying is the people who have bitched about Holmes the last couple of years would do the same thing with Jackson once his skills started to decline. Jackson could easily become a "whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball" after a few years with the NEW YORK Jets. Then what?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#7 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 392
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Then we kick his ass to the curb. Welcome to the NFL
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,235
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 31 March 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Then we kick his ass to the curb. Welcome to the NFL


And thus waste cap space in the process. Like others have said, this year's draft appears to be deep with WRs. I'd rather draft a WR this year than sign DeSean Jackson who is a potential headache.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#9 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,543
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

While Jackson's skills would have improved our WR corps, Woody & Idzik likely did not like what they got from him and from various other sources (Eagles, FBI, LAPD). Jackson would have obviously been another diva which the team truly does NOT need. LAPD has already confirmed his gang ties. Have there been other players that have had brushes with the law? Obviously considering we just signed Vick. I'm wondering who else the team is after with the remaining cap room we have. I personally think Chris Johnson would be a waste considering Ivory & Powell did enough last year. Does he add another weapon? Potentially yes, but he's on the downslope of his career. We need to get and stay young. Not sign end of career guys.

The bottom line is Jackson is obviously now Washington's problem and I'm willing to bet he definitely does not fulfill the entire 3 year contract without a holdout unless it's backloaded. He went from 10+ Million this year to 24 over 3 yrs with 16 guaranteed.

I haven't checked who's left out there but I'm sure we'll likely pick someone else up as Jacoby Ford is more of a S/T signing than receiver.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,992
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Richard Sherman > FlyHi
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users