NYJetsFan.com Forums: For All Those Concerned About Jackson's Gang Ties - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM) DeMario Davis seems like hes poised to have a breakout season at LB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM) It was nice seeing Pryor in, he made some plays. I think hes going to be the real deal and that we will hit on a stud with him
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM) The pick by Geno seemed to be more on Nelson. Nelson sat on his route. Geno threw it were he was supposed to be.
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

For All Those Concerned About Jackson's Gang Ties

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

A couple reminders to everyone worried about D-Jax throwing a couple gang signs in a music video.

Ben Rothesburger Raped a woman in in a public bathroom

Kobe Bryant raped a hotel manager by tricking her into coming into to his room by saying the TV was broken

Ray Lewis Stabbed two men to death at a bar and latter lied to the police about even being there

Lawrence Taylor had sex with a 16 year old girl while high on crack

Mike Vick Hosted a dog fighting ring and personally killed dogs

Rae Carruth hired two hit men to conduct the execution-style murder of his pregnant girlfriend, all because she wanted to keep the child.

Michael Irvin was a coke head for years while he was playing

OJ Simpson - nuf said

Sebastian Janikowski - He's been arrested for bar fights, drinking and driving, reckless driving, bribing a police officer, evidence tampering and possession of a drug best known as "the date rape drug."

Lance Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl in 1970.

Lawrence Phillips hit a woman in the face once for refusing to dance with him. Phillips is currently behind bars for 29 more years, in part, for driving his car into three teens after a dispute arose from a pick-up game of football.

Barret Robbins is known as being the guy who went on a bender the night before the Super Bowl and was nowhere to be found the day of the game. Robbins out did himself the following year when he attacked three police officers who returned the favor by popping him twice in the chest. Even after being shot he continued his attack. He later would take a plea bargain for his charges.

Mark Gastineau was arrested multiple times for Assault, drug possession and women beating. Continuous parole violations earned an 11-month long retreat in Riker's Island prison.

Eugene Robinson -- On the same day he received the Bart Starr Award from Athletes in Action, Robinson got caught offering an undercover Miami policewoman $40 for oral sex. Did I mention the award is given to those showing the utmost standards of moral conduct? Or that the award was given the day before he was to play in the Super Bowl?
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,232
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

First off some of the people on your list went to prison for what they did or for other offenses. Some on that list were just to have been alleged to have done those things. Some did those things after they retired and some have cleaned up their acts and others are now outcasts. But just because there have been athletes how have done (allegedly or not) bad things in the past doesn't mean the Jets should run out and sign DeSean Jackson. Now I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed Jackson, I think it would be a good thing when it comes to this team's needs at the WR position. BUT I think that Woody, Idzik, and Rex need to do what is best for the ENTIRE team and bringing in Jackson might not be good for the entire team. Yeah he's a good football player for 3 hours on Sundays between September to January. But what is he doing off the field before and after game days? What is he doing during the off-season? What kind of example is he setting for the younger players in the locker room? Those questions just can't be overlooked. The Eagles organization wants to win just as bad as the other 31 franchises want to. But they just released a great player in the prime of his career for reasons that didn't have to do with salary cap concerns. The Eagles would not have done that if there weren't some serious concerns regarding Jackson's off the field activities. That's something the Jets need to consider.

I find it interesting that a large number of this fanbase who grew tired of Santonio Holmes (who had many of the same type of off the field concerns Jackson has), now wants the Jets to sign Jackson. But once the winning stopped and Holmes's skills started to decline (to the fans) he became an expendable thug who was a cancer in the locker room.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#3 User is offline   shrekman1 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: 21-December 08

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Adam Schefter "Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson."



NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call.


0

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postshrekman1, on 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Adam Schefter "Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson."



NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call.

I wonder if they are scared of tampering charges if they pursue him since Woody ran his trap.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

First off some of the people on your list went to prison for what they did or for other offenses. Some on that list were just to have been alleged to have done those things. Some did those things after they retired and some have cleaned up their acts and others are now outcasts. But just because there have been athletes how have done (allegedly or not) bad things in the past doesn't mean the Jets should run out and sign DeSean Jackson. Now I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed Jackson, I think it would be a good thing when it comes to this team's needs at the WR position. BUT I think that Woody, Idzik, and Rex need to do what is best for the ENTIRE team and bringing in Jackson might not be good for the entire team. Yeah he's a good football player for 3 hours on Sundays between September to January. But what is he doing off the field before and after game days? What is he doing during the off-season? What kind of example is he setting for the younger players in the locker room? Those questions just can't be overlooked. The Eagles organization wants to win just as bad as the other 31 franchises want to. But they just released a great player in the prime of his career for reasons that didn't have to do with salary cap concerns. The Eagles would not have done that if there weren't some serious concerns regarding Jackson's off the field activities. That's something the Jets need to consider.

I find it interesting that a large number of this fanbase who grew tired of Santonio Holmes (who had many of the same type of off the field concerns Jackson has), now wants the Jets to sign Jackson. But once the winning stopped and Holmes's skills started to decline (to the fans) he became an expendable thug who was a cancer in the locker room.



Holmes skills never lived up to his billing the guy had a great 1/2 year with us following a great 2009 season with the stealers. After getting his contract he never played the same. That's the primary reason he has to go. Holmes also seemed like a great leader but once his skills dropped he became a whinny bitch. No one wants to put up with a whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,232
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 29 March 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Holmes skills never lived up to his billing the guy had a great 1/2 year with us following a great 2009 season with the stealers. After getting his contract he never played the same. That's the primary reason he has to go. Holmes also seemed like a great leader but once his skills dropped he became a whinny bitch. No one wants to put up with a whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball.


Well Holmes spent the better part of the last few seasons injured. What I'm saying is once Holmes lost his value to us, we stopped overlooking his "whiny bitch" attitude. I don't remember much criticism about Holmes's off the field behavior in 2010. What I'm saying is the people who have bitched about Holmes the last couple of years would do the same thing with Jackson once his skills started to decline. Jackson could easily become a "whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball" after a few years with the NEW YORK Jets. Then what?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#7 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:westchester NY

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Then we kick his ass to the curb. Welcome to the NFL
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,232
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 31 March 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Then we kick his ass to the curb. Welcome to the NFL


And thus waste cap space in the process. Like others have said, this year's draft appears to be deep with WRs. I'd rather draft a WR this year than sign DeSean Jackson who is a potential headache.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#9 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,537
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

While Jackson's skills would have improved our WR corps, Woody & Idzik likely did not like what they got from him and from various other sources (Eagles, FBI, LAPD). Jackson would have obviously been another diva which the team truly does NOT need. LAPD has already confirmed his gang ties. Have there been other players that have had brushes with the law? Obviously considering we just signed Vick. I'm wondering who else the team is after with the remaining cap room we have. I personally think Chris Johnson would be a waste considering Ivory & Powell did enough last year. Does he add another weapon? Potentially yes, but he's on the downslope of his career. We need to get and stay young. Not sign end of career guys.

The bottom line is Jackson is obviously now Washington's problem and I'm willing to bet he definitely does not fulfill the entire 3 year contract without a holdout unless it's backloaded. He went from 10+ Million this year to 24 over 3 yrs with 16 guaranteed.

I haven't checked who's left out there but I'm sure we'll likely pick someone else up as Jacoby Ford is more of a S/T signing than receiver.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,989
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Richard Sherman > FlyHi
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users