NYJetsFan.com Forums: For All Those Concerned About Jackson's Gang Ties - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

For All Those Concerned About Jackson's Gang Ties

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

A couple reminders to everyone worried about D-Jax throwing a couple gang signs in a music video.

Ben Rothesburger Raped a woman in in a public bathroom

Kobe Bryant raped a hotel manager by tricking her into coming into to his room by saying the TV was broken

Ray Lewis Stabbed two men to death at a bar and latter lied to the police about even being there

Lawrence Taylor had sex with a 16 year old girl while high on crack

Mike Vick Hosted a dog fighting ring and personally killed dogs

Rae Carruth hired two hit men to conduct the execution-style murder of his pregnant girlfriend, all because she wanted to keep the child.

Michael Irvin was a coke head for years while he was playing

OJ Simpson - nuf said

Sebastian Janikowski - He's been arrested for bar fights, drinking and driving, reckless driving, bribing a police officer, evidence tampering and possession of a drug best known as "the date rape drug."

Lance Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl in 1970.

Lawrence Phillips hit a woman in the face once for refusing to dance with him. Phillips is currently behind bars for 29 more years, in part, for driving his car into three teens after a dispute arose from a pick-up game of football.

Barret Robbins is known as being the guy who went on a bender the night before the Super Bowl and was nowhere to be found the day of the game. Robbins out did himself the following year when he attacked three police officers who returned the favor by popping him twice in the chest. Even after being shot he continued his attack. He later would take a plea bargain for his charges.

Mark Gastineau was arrested multiple times for Assault, drug possession and women beating. Continuous parole violations earned an 11-month long retreat in Riker's Island prison.

Eugene Robinson -- On the same day he received the Bart Starr Award from Athletes in Action, Robinson got caught offering an undercover Miami policewoman $40 for oral sex. Did I mention the award is given to those showing the utmost standards of moral conduct? Or that the award was given the day before he was to play in the Super Bowl?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

First off some of the people on your list went to prison for what they did or for other offenses. Some on that list were just to have been alleged to have done those things. Some did those things after they retired and some have cleaned up their acts and others are now outcasts. But just because there have been athletes how have done (allegedly or not) bad things in the past doesn't mean the Jets should run out and sign DeSean Jackson. Now I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed Jackson, I think it would be a good thing when it comes to this team's needs at the WR position. BUT I think that Woody, Idzik, and Rex need to do what is best for the ENTIRE team and bringing in Jackson might not be good for the entire team. Yeah he's a good football player for 3 hours on Sundays between September to January. But what is he doing off the field before and after game days? What is he doing during the off-season? What kind of example is he setting for the younger players in the locker room? Those questions just can't be overlooked. The Eagles organization wants to win just as bad as the other 31 franchises want to. But they just released a great player in the prime of his career for reasons that didn't have to do with salary cap concerns. The Eagles would not have done that if there weren't some serious concerns regarding Jackson's off the field activities. That's something the Jets need to consider.

I find it interesting that a large number of this fanbase who grew tired of Santonio Holmes (who had many of the same type of off the field concerns Jackson has), now wants the Jets to sign Jackson. But once the winning stopped and Holmes's skills started to decline (to the fans) he became an expendable thug who was a cancer in the locker room.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   shrekman1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Adam Schefter "Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson."

NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call.

#4 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postshrekman1, on 29 March 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Adam Schefter "Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson."

NY Jets owner Woody Johnson did say publicly they were interested in D-Jackson. I believe Woody Johnsons credibility is on the clock. Tic Tock Tic tock. At least make a call.

I wonder if they are scared of tampering charges if they pursue him since Woody ran his trap.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 March 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

First off some of the people on your list went to prison for what they did or for other offenses. Some on that list were just to have been alleged to have done those things. Some did those things after they retired and some have cleaned up their acts and others are now outcasts. But just because there have been athletes how have done (allegedly or not) bad things in the past doesn't mean the Jets should run out and sign DeSean Jackson. Now I wouldn't mind if the Jets signed Jackson, I think it would be a good thing when it comes to this team's needs at the WR position. BUT I think that Woody, Idzik, and Rex need to do what is best for the ENTIRE team and bringing in Jackson might not be good for the entire team. Yeah he's a good football player for 3 hours on Sundays between September to January. But what is he doing off the field before and after game days? What is he doing during the off-season? What kind of example is he setting for the younger players in the locker room? Those questions just can't be overlooked. The Eagles organization wants to win just as bad as the other 31 franchises want to. But they just released a great player in the prime of his career for reasons that didn't have to do with salary cap concerns. The Eagles would not have done that if there weren't some serious concerns regarding Jackson's off the field activities. That's something the Jets need to consider.

I find it interesting that a large number of this fanbase who grew tired of Santonio Holmes (who had many of the same type of off the field concerns Jackson has), now wants the Jets to sign Jackson. But once the winning stopped and Holmes's skills started to decline (to the fans) he became an expendable thug who was a cancer in the locker room.

Holmes skills never lived up to his billing the guy had a great 1/2 year with us following a great 2009 season with the stealers. After getting his contract he never played the same. That's the primary reason he has to go. Holmes also seemed like a great leader but once his skills dropped he became a whinny bitch. No one wants to put up with a whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 29 March 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Holmes skills never lived up to his billing the guy had a great 1/2 year with us following a great 2009 season with the stealers. After getting his contract he never played the same. That's the primary reason he has to go. Holmes also seemed like a great leader but once his skills dropped he became a whinny bitch. No one wants to put up with a whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball.

Well Holmes spent the better part of the last few seasons injured. What I'm saying is once Holmes lost his value to us, we stopped overlooking his "whiny bitch" attitude. I don't remember much criticism about Holmes's off the field behavior in 2010. What I'm saying is the people who have bitched about Holmes the last couple of years would do the same thing with Jackson once his skills started to decline. Jackson could easily become a "whiny past his prime has been who still demands the ball" after a few years with the NEW YORK Jets. Then what?

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#7 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Then we kick his ass to the curb. Welcome to the NFL
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 31 March 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Then we kick his ass to the curb. Welcome to the NFL

And thus waste cap space in the process. Like others have said, this year's draft appears to be deep with WRs. I'd rather draft a WR this year than sign DeSean Jackson who is a potential headache.

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

While Jackson's skills would have improved our WR corps, Woody & Idzik likely did not like what they got from him and from various other sources (Eagles, FBI, LAPD). Jackson would have obviously been another diva which the team truly does NOT need. LAPD has already confirmed his gang ties. Have there been other players that have had brushes with the law? Obviously considering we just signed Vick. I'm wondering who else the team is after with the remaining cap room we have. I personally think Chris Johnson would be a waste considering Ivory & Powell did enough last year. Does he add another weapon? Potentially yes, but he's on the downslope of his career. We need to get and stay young. Not sign end of career guys.

The bottom line is Jackson is obviously now Washington's problem and I'm willing to bet he definitely does not fulfill the entire 3 year contract without a holdout unless it's backloaded. He went from 10+ Million this year to 24 over 3 yrs with 16 guaranteed.

I haven't checked who's left out there but I'm sure we'll likely pick someone else up as Jacoby Ford is more of a S/T signing than receiver.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Richard Sherman > FlyHi

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users